HUBS BEING BANNED

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Hello, hello, profile image61
    Hello, hello,posted 13 years ago

I have got now the third hub which would have been banned if I didn't illiminate some pictures which were watermarked or pixeled.

Having no idea about computere etc. I am still guessing and with two I got it right. The new hub which is in danger is CHILE -- ITS PEOPLE AND HISTORY.

There many picutres and I don't know which one. If the team could point it out it would be great.

Also will this be now going on for the rest of 402 hub which would kill me. I haven't got that kind of time to go over every one of them. I am not be funny but that would really be too much.

I guess it has something to do with recent Google but the time consuming it would not be worthwhile.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I took a look at some of your hubs.  You are using a lot of pixelated pictures..  so it is possible that your other hubs might be flagged as well.  Use half width or even go quarter width with really fuzzy photos.  I have not noticed any watermarked photos on your six latest hubs.. your hubs are very interesting and some of the photos are of good quality.  So just spend some time and change the width of the pixelated ones to half or quarter size.  The watermarked ones have to be deleted.  Go on, you can do it.  Good luck.

Hello, hello,posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you,  Rosie, for giving me your time and good advice.

1. katiem2 profile image60
          katiem2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello, hello, don't feel to bad with the new changes we are all feeling the pain of our errors. I know I have and still do.  Keep up the good work, your hubs are worth it and in time will really be worth it, your work will be rewarded in time and the information you share is priceless. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where did you get the pictures from?

Usually if a picture is watermarked, it's because it's a copyrighted photo and you're not allowed to use it - so you're breaking the law, and you'll have to remove it.

That may also be the case with pixelated photos, if you just downloaded them off a website - often, people post a low-quality version of their copyrighted picture, to reduce the risk of theft.  So once again, you're using a stolen picture and it has to go.

If your pictures are poor quality for a legitimate reason - for instance, they're old or taken in difficult circumstances - email the HP team and they'll give you an exemption.

Hello, hello,posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for caring and writing to me. I took most of the pictures from Wikipedia (I hope I spelled it right).  Thenak you also for your good advice and I will write to HP Team.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As Uninvited Writer says, pictures on Wikipedia aren't free to use.  You need to go to Wikimedia Commons, then read the fine print - often, you can use the photo, but you have to acknowledge the photographer.

Thank you for putting me right.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I looked at your latest page.  Top photo looked a bit fuzzy, but I don't know what the rule is. 

I notice you don't give credits against any of the pictures. I don't know what the deal is with that.

Sorry, none of that was any help at all.

Thank you, Mark, for your visit and trying to help. I appreciate it.

3. mdlawyer profile image45
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

What Rosie has said is right. Your hub contents are found okay.  Pixelated images may be the issue. Edit them as 'half width' or 'quarter width' and it will be fixed.

Thank you, mdlawyer, for your good tip.

4. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Hey Hello,hello, please try not to get discouraged. These are trying times, and we will all have to adapt. Although it is very frustrating when you want to spend the time getting on with writing more hubs, and not editing existing ones!

Hello, CMHypno,  and I am getting discouraged because these pictures are clear and I don't see the problems. I have struggle to get some writing as it is and then I have to fiddle about with this. I personally think it is far more impresive to see a big picture because no matter how much you describe it, it never adds up to a picture.

Thank you for sparing me the time. I am very grateful.

5. American_Choices profile image78
    American_Choicesposted 13 years ago

I wish the fuzzy pictures were highlight in yellow similar to the link breaks.

This would save allot of edit time especially when some of the Hubs are heavily laden with photos.

It is the same thing I said earlier.  However, by now I have so many hubs pointed at  and yet some of the pictues are a clear as anything. I think something should be done properly and not just put that notice over the hubs.  I  AM  SO   UPSET  AFTER  ALL  THIS  TIME.

I  STILL   HAVEN'T  GOT  AN   ANSWER  WHETHER  IT   IS   OF   GOOGLES  OR   FROM  HUB  MANAGEMENT?

6. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Hello Hello..

Just follow the advice earlier in the thread. And that is the best that you can do. I know how you feel. ReSubmit it and if HP still don't consider it up to their standard.. republish it at another site, resubmit your new URL manually to the Search Engines and enjoy the traffic volume that you Won't Get on HP until they have cleaned up their act.

But DON'T Let this BS wear you down.
    Make sure you have acknowledged the sources of all pix that you didn't take.

Good Luck... Stay Positive hmm

I am really grateful for your good advice. I was tempted along these lines and it confirmed to me.  So far they re-submitted it after I shrunk my picture down to Quarter which are not impressive and I am not happy about it.

7. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

Hello, Hello,
    I don't know if this will help much, but with all the recent changes, I have stuck with posting only pictures I have taken myself. Granted it is a pain, but it was the only way that I knew to avoid conflict. I noticed that on one of my hubs a picture of mine looks "fuzzy" but that was because when I edited the picture and blew it up it created the effect. I wish you well with your hubs. Sorry I wasn't much help.

Good for you and I amg lad you can over come it that way but I write about countries which would a bit hard to get those pictures. However, I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

8. mdlawyer profile image45
    mdlawyerposted 12 years ago

If your picture blew up, you can reduce to half or quarter size.

Some I did reduce to quarter but they don't look impressive and I am not happy about it. The pictures they are on about are not really fussy when full sized and I am sure the reader got a better idea of what I was writing about.

9. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

If you go to Wikimedia Commons rather than Wikipedia itself, ( http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page ), you will be able to download better quality pictures that you can use in a large size. You'll also find information with each picture on who should be acknowledged when you use it.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And remember. Just because a picture is on Wikipedia does not mean it's free to use. You must read what it says under the picture on its page.

So far I only saw the description of the pictures and never ever had any come-back from Wikipedia.

2. Hello, hello, profile image61

Thank you for your care and helpful tip.

10. Rebecca E. profile image78
    Rebecca E.posted 12 years ago

hello hello--- I would say that for teh most part the content is fine, but you do have teh tendancy to use fuzzy phtos, which are a bit harder to view on a bigger screen, as many have said, go down to half width or quater width and that should be fine.

The other thing is that as UW said you do have to look at the fine print, and make sure you can use a picture.  I also have to ask were you hubs unpublsihed or banned?  There is a big difference.

Hello, Rebecca, and thank you commenting. I had a notice on top of the hub threatening to be banned if I don't correct picelled pictures. I do now put them down to quarter but they just don't look right to me and I don't think it would impress a reader which is the main idea.

1. Rebecca E. profile image78
        Rebecca E.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mostly, i am not one for pictures, so I would simply put them down as quater width, your content is far more important.

11. mdlawyer profile image45
    mdlawyerposted 12 years ago

On Wikipedia Commons, most of the pictures need attribution.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)