Junk Mail

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)
  1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

I come to these forums every day.  I see what everyone has to say about certain topics.  It dawned on me a couple days ago that the posts here are like junk mail. 

There might be a different title, but the content is the same.  They are attempts to get you to open the email (post) and click a link or comment. 

It is the same stuff over and over again.

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, but somebody has to win! big_smile

On a serious note, sometimes I have no idea why I still contribute! hmm
      I guess I enjoy the liveliness of it all. It challenges my faith on some occasions. Why DO I believe that which I do? What DO I believe about " this or that" being discussed? It has actually helped me get stronger. A bit like using weights. Opposition to the things I already have, makes it grow stronger. So, repetition is not always a bad thing. (Like lifting dumbells in sets! lol )

http://www.m1t.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/weight_lifting.gif

I do admit, there is a TON of junk in amongst it all.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean, like the "Christian Discussion" thread where you keep posting biblical verses over and over?

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I mean the use of propoganda to convince everyone that God is not real and that Jesus is not the Son of God.

In junk mail many times the same e-mail will come by different names.  Forex trading, make $6000.00 at home, etc. . .   

Then there are others who say that we are all gods. 

Still others who say all paths will lead you to heaven, etc. . .

1. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have seen that propaganda used by JW's. One came to my door explaining the six lies of Christianity. 

Lest we forget though, that they themselves will view Christian evangelism as the engine driving what they consider Christian propaganda.

SirDent, if you hold true the ideal that you should be allowed to express your religious views, don't you think others will hold that ideal as well, and would also hold to practicing it as you do? smile

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
      Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a theory as to why it is the same stuff over and over again. Because the bible is and always has been the same so the problems with it are always going to be the same, and the arguments against it will also always be the same.

Heck, if you could actually refute an argument against the bible logically and rationally without raising fifty more questions with your answer, then the argument would be dropped and not used again.

The arguments are used over and over because noone can refute them yet they continue to assert that they are not valid arguments even though they cannot be answered.

2. Jefacity profile image59
    Jefacityposted 13 years ago

yea, but its more fun when the junk mail talks back. then again its like that telemarketer that just keeps calling even though you've opted out like 15 times already.

3. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I agree Sir Dent. But, I've found that if you open the junk mail repeatedly you eventually realize they are interesting letters.

Take you, for example. I didn't get you for the longest time. Now you seem like a caring intelligent guy. I'm so happy I kept reading your posts on this forum. They've become quite enjoyable. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)