Is it true about the Atheists?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (71 posts)
  1. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

No disrespect intended to any person.

Is it true about the atheists agnostics skeptics?
    •    There is no requirement of any minimum level of intelligence or any IQ level for becoming an atheist. All ignorant people are eligible to become atheists agnostics skeptics etc, if they are not  one already.
    •    Atheists agnostics hide behind science and the scientists.
    •    Atheists agnostics eulogize scienctists.
    •    Science has never supported the stance of atheists.

Are they sycophants of scientists?

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No disrespect meant to any person.

Do all Islamists have a dirty mouth and no logic or commonsense?

No disrespect? I'm surprised you can spell it, you certainly don't know what it means.

Care to explain the 270 million people your religion has killed yet?

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not to appear to be contributing to this...whatever it is...but, Earnest, where did you get that figure of 270 mil?

http://www.politicalislam.com/tears/pag … -of-jihad/

You can add them up yourself or read the total at the bottom of the page.

I could provide originals from historic accounts as well.

2. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paar. What is up with all of these threads poking at the atheists? I know everyone is argumentative over religion, and the atheists use logic and reason to discuss it. It can be maddening to discuss belief when clobbered with reality. But, this is not a peaceful thread, by any means.

Perhaps, it would help me understand you if you defined how the word peaceful was added to the label you use as a'peaceful Ahmadiyya Muslim'. I grow more confused daily.

3. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

need I say more?

No, that covers it. smile

4. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are we so stupid and naive to believe that you are showing no disrespect to any person?

If we were to replace atheist with Muslim in your post and tweak it to be relevant to Islam, we would have a war on our hands. Horrible behavior. smile

5. Merlin Fraser profile image60
      Merlin Fraserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Fellow Hubbers :

Why do we continue to give this person the platform he so desperately craves ?

This is Attention Seeking of the Worst Kind and it is high time we started to ignore his pig ignorant Raving.

If he ever had a point to make it has been lost a long time ago, perhaps if we band together and not rise to the crass insults  and do not respond in any way, shape or form like a Fart in an elevator He will eventually  go away !!

1. Beelzedad profile image58

What I don't seem to understand is that members here get banned for saying the most innocuous things while an Islamic propagandist runs rampant over the forums?

Why do the admins allow this type of behavior to flourish?

1. thebrucebeat profile image60
          thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you eliminate propogandists from HubPages, the whole site will close down.  That's the meat and potatoes of the entire exercise.
          Paar is boringly annoying, but not particularly unique.

If the few fanatics here stopped flogging their religions, maybe we would reduce the forums by half. smile

2. getitrite profile image70
        getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol agreed.

6. profile image0
      Dandraposted 12 years agoin reply to this

what a sophisticated insult

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4970882_f248.jpg

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, have you hit 50 attack threads against atheists yet? I think there is an accolade for that...

8. TahoeDoc profile image78
      TahoeDocposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Paar. It's all true. You know more about atheists than they know about themselves. You have it all figured out and we are crap, stupid, ignorant and not 'worthy' of your respect.

Clearly, we are not deserving of the time and energy you invest in analyazing us, so you can stop now. Thanks.

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for acknowledging

Thank you for squirming, call again! smile

2. earnestshub profile image81

Well said, and may I say your humility reminded me of Incredibly wretched Clark Bent, assistant spittoon cleaner in the daily Planet, crawling from spittoon to spittoon who was, as we all now know, Superdooper man! smile

Yes indeed, well said madam!

2. profile image52

Atheists eulogize science and science never supports them.

1. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Science is a method. Methods don't care.

1. profile image52

The Atheists should understand this point; they should not hide behind the Science; one will put them out from behind it very fondly; just to expose them.

The Islamic propagandist is unable to hold their positions in light of scientific fact and any explanations offered by those who understand those facts and must equate the use of science to that of hiding behind it as if were fabrications and lies to be exposed.  lol

1. profile image52

The truthful religion accepts all the facts of science; it is a part of it. The misconception of the atheists is that they think whatever they wrongly undersatand is also science. Atheists are people of doubt; no doubt.

2. profile image52
  3. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Do agressive people have to join a group of one kind or another in order to validate (in their own mind) their agression?   might be a better question.

4. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

Is it true about the atheists agnostics skeptics?
    •    There is no requirement of any minimum level of intelligence or any IQ level for becoming an atheist. All ignorant people are eligible to become atheists agnostics skeptics etc, if they are not  one already.

Above applies more to religion than to atheist and agnoist...only requirement of religion is shut down your brain and believe in some ancestors who wrote some book...very few believers actually question what is written...doesnot need much IQ to follow ancestor writings..does it?

•   Atheists agnostics hide behind science and the scientists.

Most scientist are agnostics...few are atheist and few are religion followers...agnostic/atheist doesnot need to hide behind anything because unlike religion they are not defending or selling anything...insecure thoughts like religious one need support and need hiding..so when ever you see someone rushing for ancestor book to quote..bingo..that is where hiding is practically seen...
    •    Atheists agnostics eulogize scienctists

It is duty of every human being and nothing wrong in it..it is better to praise science than praise unproven entity...
    •  Science has never supported the stance of atheists.

True...science has still to prove that god doesnot exist..though its finding puts in doubt majority of religion but that doesnot mean god has been proven to be non existing entity...religion was always man made thing and so would vanish in future...but i doubt science can ever proven god to be non existent...

1. ktsm profile image61
      ktsmposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree!!!

1. profile image52

Nevermind; have a nice day; there is no compulsion in religion.

5. luvpassion profile image63
    luvpassionposted 12 years ago

Is this Mr. Paar poking fun at the athiests? Well things have certainly changed around here. lol lol ...you go guy.

No disrespect intended...I love that. wink

All groupies are encouraged to participate in this discussion. lol lol

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Yet, another demeaning thread by someone who fails to understand life, themselves and pretty much everything else. Pathetically sad.

7. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 12 years ago

I don't really understand you, paar. You seem to have a lot of anger at atheists just because they exist. Why?

(Just to let you know, there is no IQ requirement for Islam either.)

1. profile image52

I always respect rather love all human beings of whatever hues and colors; the atheists are one among them.

The time I started writing in the discussion forums I observed that the atheists, instead of giving reason, resort to ridicule and derision as if it is their birth-right and not to others.

I do believe the atheists have a right to co-exists peacefully; and they are a useful section of our society.

If they improve; I will not show them the mirror which they don't like seeing.

I don't believe that one has to earn respect; I give to everybody free just being a human being; it is the atheists who don't believe in giving respect to everybody just because one is a human being.

I have no ill-will against them; as they do so they shall reap.

1. dingdondingdon profile image60
        dingdondingdonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't feel love or respect from you.

1. profile image52

It is OK with me.

It's OK with you that I genuinely feel like you dislike me and people like me?

I see. I wouldn't want someone I loved and respected to feel that way.

1. profile image52

I don't dislike you; even if you dislike me; I am on the side of reason enlightened by the Truthful Word revealed.

You say the words but your actions don't back them up.

2. profile image52

Atheists are a "useful section of our society?" What a guy! smile

3. Beelzedad profile image58

That is one of the biggest whoppers you've made to date. You respect no one.

Exactly, which is why you never offer respect.

smile

8. profile image52

The figure is from the air; I think

9. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

So much silence............ did I say something truthful again? lol
    Sorry, I realize it's not acceptable to be truthful on this thread, just couldn't help myself. smile

10. profile image52

Does doubt has anything to do with Truth?

What source the atheists- People of Doubt have for Truth?

1. profile image0

You can't claim truth when there are contradictions. Any that follow religion turn a blind eye to truth. And it is unfathomable that they would assume others would want to turn a blind eye also.

No one can claim truth without proof.

1. profile image52

Atheists- People of Doubt have contradictions in them; that is the reason they are as many denominations as their numbers; no source for Truth and no Code of Life to follow. They never attained a majority and still they are only an insignificant "tiny minority" .

Is it not a truth?

1. profile image0

No. It's individuality. Look at religion. Sure, people band together in cliques, but what they believe deviates from individual to individual. Just because you are muslim doesn't mean you agree with all muslims. Simply because you label yourself ahmadiyya doesn't mean you agree with all ahmadiyya muslims. You slapped on a label. It didn't make you a clone.

Atheism is, in my opinion, simply honestly accepting the obvious answer to the question.

As to a code for life. Its a foolish question. Everyone has an individual code for life. It is arrived at through life experience. Through observation and personal reflection. Being religious doesn't give anyone a leg up on morality. It's a hindrance and a danger. You can't turn over responsibility for your actions to the words in a book and claim a personal code for life.

2. dingdondingdon profile image60

No, it is not the truth. There are no contradictions in my atheism.

What's more, a belief having a majority doesn't make it true. Lots of Americans still don't know the sun is a star - are they right, just because there's a lot of them?

1. profile image52

What is it?

11. profile image52

I don't mind if others bring some titbits for enjoyment of the posters.

12. profile image52

Science has never supported the stance of atheists.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Science is not intended to support the religion/atheist argument. It's purpose is to objectively seek the truth about the universe. The appliance of that truth by engineers enables us to live like kings.

1. profile image52

So correct you are; it is none of the busines of the science to go beyond the creation of Universe which the Creator-God created.

13. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

They say that people who hate homosexuality the most are latent homosexuals.

I suspect people who have to post something disparaging about atheism every day secretly doubt their own faith.

1. profile image52

I like their reasons part and that they are supposed to be rational; but their incessant attacks on religion- every religion, with ridicule and derision instead of with reasons and knowledge has convinced me that they are very shallow in their thinking.

I support both science and religion and believe these are complementary, not contradictory.

If they improve as a group; you may see a change in me

1. profile image52

A change in you?
          Are you going to start another puppet? lol

Spot on.
      I believe that no matter how hard religionists sell their beliefs, their subconscious won't buy it. smile

1. profile image0

Careful what you say ernest. You might read through the forums before you suggest that 'methinks thou doth protest too much' applies to all situations. It's those who profess no belief that post with the most vehemence and frequency on this site. Would it then be correct to assume atheists and non believers suffer confusion and misgivings?

Being conscious and making statements about what we believe is one thing, being indoctrinated in to believing a pile of psychotic bronze aged myths then living your life by them and forcing those you control to do the same is another. I don't see why this should be considered morally tolerable. I don't want my children anywhere near this hate filled crud, bit there is nothing I can do about that, it is all around them. I don't teach my kids to be "atheists" I just don't let others indoctrinate them in to their stuff either. They are free to choose whatever belief system they like. I am confident that no sane human could ever believe in religion without fear and induction.

I have made a conscious decision to oppose those who would try to control others by imposing this sick junk on them.

I argue with workshop manuals too if they are misleading, and when I do I have to support it with hard proof.

1. profile image52

One cannot keep one's children in a test tube; let them interact with others

Once again, you did not read the whole post and chose to nit pick it. Disgraceful behavior!

You "missed" this bit.

They are free to choose whatever belief system they like. I am confident that no sane human could ever believe in religion without fear and induction.

2. profile image0

I think you have surmised that we don't see eye to eye on the indoctrination argument. You appear to view most believers as if they are all pentecostal or fundamental baptists.

Although I agree with some of your arguments, on some levels, I think that lumping all of those that believe into one pile shows a lack knowledge on the subject of modern Christianity and spirituality at large.

I do not, nor have I ever, bought into this indoctrination argument for the average modern Christian. Spirituality is a product of more than just the Bible. If you talk to anyone other than the religious zealots you will find an 'a la carte' approach to the subject of God because, quite frankly, if spirituality doesn't make you feel good about yourself and others, there isn't much reason to think about it. No one, but the literalists, believe the crap that you find so offensive.

Only the zealots are hell bent on filling hell. By all means, fight the zealots. Religion is a bane on society when it seeks to impose its beliefs on others. But Christians who have studied the Bible and have come to intelligent and thoughtful philosophies through that study and being open to other sources are not a threat, deluded or indoctrinated.

I hope you realize that neither theism or atheism is the logical default position. The answers they offer are too simplistic. Religion, with any luck, will either change or die. But people will always have questions that have no simple answers and the majority of people will keep asking because we know, intuitively, that they are important questions. And we know it is not unreasonable or irrational to ask them.

1. profile image52

Belief in ONE Creator-God is the default logical position as it is a reality.

Read the stats and be honest.
          The non believers are not the ones starting endless threads flogging there beliefs are they? No they are responding to claims of truth and honesty that are neither truthful nor honest. it's a matter of morals.

14. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

"Their" incessant attacks?

Who has posted the most attacks against a specific belief on this forum in the last week?

Starts with 'p'.

15. profile image52

Improvement in atheists; perhaps next to impossible

Not being hog tied by any system of belief, and knowing the difference between fantasy and reality allows those you abuse as atheists to live very fulfilling lives.
      A non believer can change every single day, as they are open to the whole world, not stuck in some sub-belief stolen from other bronze aged books of myth and compiled to suit a neurotic megalomaniac.

16. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 12 years ago

I always try to be honest. If we're talking about a certain
    muslim propagandist, I agree; but I'm not sure responding is the answer to that one. I've been wondering if everyone shouldn't just ignore his questions entirely. Maybe he'd stop.

Everything else? I disagree. But there's no solution. The fundamentalists can't be reasoned with at times. I guess everyone is defending what they think the truth is.

It's just that everyone is so passionately opinionated. I wonder why it's so hard to find a meeting of the minds on this site.

Maybe ignoring the fundy would help a bit, but when no one replies he replies to himself! smile

For minds to meet they need to be open. I don't see too many people here wanting to have their beliefs challenged, do you? smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)