Six Degrees of _________. (Game)

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Matt in Jax profile image60
    Matt in Jaxposted 12 years ago

I think it'd be interesting if we do a game where we play like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

In case you don't know what that is, it's where you link person A to person B by using four people in between. (Ex. Kevin Bacon was in Footloose with John Lithgow who was on Dexter with Michael C. Hall who was in Gamer with Gerard Butler who was in Law Abiding Citizen with Jamie Foxx who was in Stealth with Jessica Biel. I just linked Kevin Bacon and Jessica Biel with the use of 4 other actors/actresses.)

Some of these connections can be made quicker, but I'd like to see all the originality of having to use 4 steps in between.

When you answer, please reference with a # which one you're responding to. If no one answers after a few days, I'll give my link

---------------------------------------------------------

Matt in Jaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to  Angelina Jolie

2. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

rock was in the tooth fairy with ashley judd, judd was in kiss the girls with Morgan Freeman, freeman was in dream catcher with thomas jane, jane was in original sin with jolie!
    2. robert deniro - will smith

Robert DeNiro was in "Jackie Brown" with Samuel L. Jackson who was in "Pulp Fiction" with Ving Rhames who was in "Mission Impossible 3" with Tom Cruise who was in "Collateral" with Jamie Foxx who was in "Ali" with Will Smith!
      This took me surprisingly long to make a connection with a few people in between. They actually both did voices on "Shark Tale."

3.  Megan Fox to Jude Law

3. optimus grimlock profile image59

fox was in jennifers body with amanda seyfried.seyfried was in red riding hood with gary oldman, oldman was in tiptoes with kate beckinsale and beckinsale was in the aviator with law.

nick cage to shia labouf

Nicholas Cage was in "Lord of War" with Jared Leto, Leto was in "Fight Club" with Brad Pitt, Pitt was in "The Devil's Own" with Harrison Ford, Ford was in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" with Shia LaBeouf.

Charlie Sheen to Robert Pattison

4. optimus grimlock profile image59

wow pattinson been in like 6 or 7 movies
    sheen was in walstreet with micheal douglas,douglas was in the American President with Annette Bening,bening was in American beauty with chris cooper, chris cooper was in remember me with robert pattinson. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my brain hurts lol
    Megan Goode to steve martin

Meagan Good was in Unborn with Idris Elba, Elba was in Obsessed with Beyonce Knowles, Knowles was in Pink Panther with Steve Martin.

Ummm...
      Neve Campbell to Michael Cera

5. optimus grimlock profile image59

thats only 3! this sucks with just 2 playin

Lol. I know man, sorry. I was racking my brain trying to extend it, but it was a pain.

6. celebritie profile image68
    celebritieposted 12 years ago

I tried to do it but could not figure out the formula, sorry!

Easiest way Celeb is to go onto www.imdb.com and try to look for connection between each actor or actress. I always try to link in well-known actors who have been with many other actors to broaden my spectrum like Brad Pitt, Kevin Bacon, Tom Hanks, etc. to make it a little bit easier.

1. celebritie profile image68
        celebritieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much!

7. Matt in Jax profile image60

Well my Neve Campbell to Michael Cera is a bit of a pain, so I'll make an easier one.
    Here's the last solution:

Neve Campbell was in Scream 4 with Kristen Bell who was in Forgetting Sarah Marshall with Russell Brand who was in Get Him to the Greek with Jonah Hill who was in Superbad with Michael Cera
    ------------------

( And lets do as many connections as you'd like, but the more, the more challenging. smile )

Tom Hanks to Paul Walker

8. optimus grimlock profile image59

ah didnt know bell was in scream 4 because the movie should of never been made and honestly only the 1st 2 are good. please people stop calling it a horror movie its suspence or drama. had to say that

9. optimus grimlock profile image59

hanks was in forrest gump with gary sinice,sinice was in the big bounce with morgan greemen,freemen was in lucky number slevin with scott gibson, gibson was in the skulls with walker.

christopher walken to idris elba

Nice, I'm gonna try to leave this open a day or two before I answer to see if we can get any more participants.

10. optimus grimlock profile image59

thats a good idea,i got your last one to 3 and gave up cus my head was imploding smile

11. Matt in Jax profile image60

Christopher Walken was in Wedding Crashers with Owen Wilson who was in Marley & Me with Jennifer Aniston which was in Bruce Almighty with Jim Carrey who was in I Love You Phillip Morris with Ewan McGregor who was in Trainspotting with Robert Carlyle who was in 28 Weeks Later with Idris Elba.

Dakota Fanning to Kevin Bacon.

12. optimus grimlock profile image59

nice
    fanning was in i am sam with sean penn, penn was in mystic river with kevin bacon  smile lol I had to make it short. technicalllllly we should do 6 but 6 would make our brains implode

I firmly agree. I threw that one out as an easy one, but it still seems like just a game between me and you. Lol. Post up another two actors so maybe somebody beyond us will do it, or I will in like 2 days.

13. optimus grimlock profile image59

duddly moore to russell brand. extra credit to name how there linked.

Well Dudley Moore and Russell Brand have both played the character of Arthur...now for the connection:

Dudley Moore was in "10" with Bo Derek who was in "Tommy Boy" with Chris Farley who was in "Wayne's World 2" with Mike Myers who was in "Austin Powers: Goldmember" with Tom Cruise who was in "Mission Impossible 3" with Keri Russell who was in "Bedtime Stories" with Russell Brand.

14. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 12 years ago

Chris Furgerson connects to Robocop

Furgerson played poker with Jason Alexander on "Poker after Dark"

Alexander acted with George Wendt on Seinfeld when Wendt guest starred.

Wendt was on Cheers with Kelsey Grammer

Grammer was the voice of Sideshow Bob on the Simpsons which also has Homer Simpson

James Woods was a character on "The Simpsons" and also played in Robocop.

Daffy, you have to post one up and let other people solve it, can't solve your own. But I do like your links there. I'll post up a few everybody can try in a bit.

1. Daffy Duck profile image61
        Daffy Duckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oops.  big_smile   Well here's one that spans about 40 years.

Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagment) linked to O.J. Simpson.

Patrick Warburton was in "Rebound" with Martin Lawrence who was in "Bad Boys" with Will Smith who was in "I, Robot" with Shia LaBeouf who was in "Transformers" with Anthony Anderson who was in "Scary Movie 4" with Leslie Nielsen who was in "Naked Gun" with OJ Simpson

Very good one.

15. Matt in Jax profile image60

Alright, here's some connections if you guys want to make'em up. Just reply to the topic or to this message with'em if you like and leave your own for people to try!

1. Paul Bettany to Ellen Page
    2. Chris Hemsworth to Will Ferrell
    3. Jason Bateman to Mark Wahlberg

16. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

Chris Hemsworth to Will Ferrell
    Chris Hemsworth was in Thor with Natalie Portman
    Natalie Portman is in Your Highness with Danny McBride
    Danny McBride was in Land of the Lost with Will Ferrell.
    (Extra credit: Will and Danny were also both on 2 episodes of "Eastbound & Down" together.

Also Chris Hemsworth was in Thor with Ray Stevenson
    Ray Stevenson was in Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant with John C. Reilly
    John C. Reilly was in Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (among others) with....Will Ferrell!

17. sabrebIade profile image81

Jason Bateman to Mark Wahlberg
    Mark Wahlberg was in Max Payne with Mila Kunis
    Mila Kunis was in Forgetting Sarah Marshall with Jason Bateman

Okay I'll stop now.

18. sabrebIade profile image81

Okay I lied....

Paul Bettany to Ellen Page
    Paul Bettany was in The Da Vinci Code with Ian McKellen
    Ian McKellen was in X-Men: The Last Stand with Ellen Page

Darn...I didn't use the four people rule.
    My bad...sorry!

Lol it's okay. You have any to offer up since you solved all three of mine? tongue

1. sabrebIade profile image81
        sabrebIadeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know it's a whole lot easier to solve these than come up with new ones!

19. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 12 years ago

Cher to Charlie Sheen

Cher was in "Mask" with Sam Elliott who was in "Big Lebowski" with Tara Reid who was in "American Pie" with Shannon Elizabeth who was in "Thir13en Ghosts" with Matthew Lillard who was in "Without a Paddle" with Seth Green who was in "The Italian Job" with Jason Statham who was in "Snatch" with Vinnie Jones who was in "The Big Bounce" with Charlie Sheen.
      I tried to go way off the spectrum and circle 'round there. I threw in an extra connection.

Jet Li to Jackie Chan.

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or
        Cher and Elliot in Mask
        Elliot and Swayze in Road House
        Swayze and Sheen in Red Dawn

Yeah, I've just been doing more connectors to make it interesting as opposed to the speedy way. Little more challenging sometimes.

20. Matt in Jax profile image60

Since it's been a few days, I'll go ahead and post another one and solve the other I posted:

Jet Li was in "Unleashed" with Morgan Freeman who was in "Red" with Bruce Willis who was in "Pulp Fiction" with Ving Rhames who as in "The Goods" with David Koechner who was in "Get Smart" with Dwayne Johnson who was in "The Other Guys" with Samuel L. Jackson who was in "Jackie Brown" with Chris Tucker who was in "Rush Hour" with Jackie Chan.

Here's some others to try:
    1. Steve Carrell to Jim Carrey
    2. Jon Stewart to Denzel Washington

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)