OMG, Were You Circumcised? New Passport Questionnaire?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)
  1. OLYHOOCH profile image61
    OLYHOOCHposted 12 years ago

Government
    Were You Circumcised? New Passport Questionnaire Baffles Many With Absurd Info Demands

I did not know where to put this. Under, humor, or, HERE. You have GOT to watch his video.

Talk about, We are out of control or, On the wrong TRACK, this is it.

If I can stop laughing, I will get this posted.

Who was present when you were born? Can you remember every address you’ve ever had? How about every place you’ve ever worked? Were you circumcised?

What if I told you that those were some of the queries the State Department is proposing for a new “biographical questionnaire” as part of the passport application?

Sounds absurd, doesn’t it? It’s true. Take a look:

According to BoingBoing, the form is meant for those who, while applying for a passport, can’t produce a birth certificate. “But as the FA suggests,” the site notes, “the circumstances in which people unable to provide a birth certificate will be given this form (rather than the traditional bureaucratic investigation) are not spelled out; further, the form itself remains a Kafkaesque impossibility for most people to complete.”

consumer traveler.com notes the near impossibility of the proposed application, too:

The State Department estimated that the average respondent would be able to compile all this information in just 45 minutes, which is obviously absurd given the amount of research that is likely to be required to even attempt to complete the form.

“It’s not clear from the supporting statement, statement of legal authorities, or regulatory assessment submitted by the State Department to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) why declining to discuss one’s siblings or to provide the phone number of your first supervisor when you were a teenager working at McDonald's would be a legitimate basis for denial of a passport to a U.S. citizen,” that site goes on to say.

The supporting statement does say the questionnaire will be “used to supplement an application for a U.S. passport when the applicant submits citizenship or identity evidence that is insufficient or of questionable authenticity.” Still, it does not define “insufficient or questionable authenticity.”

Libertarian website Reason.org calls the new form “disturbing,“ and in its headline covering the story further describes it as ”impossible to answer“ and ”creepy.“ Author Radley Balko theorizes it could be a ”tool to allow the State Department to turn down a passport when they can’t find a more legitimate reason.”

And it’s not just conservative sites that are raising alarm. The uber-liberal Village Voice mocks the form’s question asking if the applicant was circumcised (yes, that’s a real question).

According to the document, answering the questionnaire is voluntary, “but failure to provide the information requested may result in processing delays or the denial of your U.S. passport application.”

The State Department was taking comments on the new application through yesterday. To read up more on the new form, you can go here and here.

(H/T: Weasel Zippers)

This story has been updated.

Sponsored Link: (Zurich, Switzerland) While following up on a wild rumor about the gold markets, an American woman recently found a secret way to make a fortune with gov’t-issued bullion, even if gold never goes up another penny in value. This is her story...

Read some of the comments, you will roar. I like the one, What do you ask a woman, LOL.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/were-yo … o-demands/

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, actually, that's a long story. The Dr. started to circumcise me after I was born. It is now 55 yrs later, and the work is progressing marvelously!

2. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great, now I have to show some goverment worker my d*#k to gain entry back into the country.

2. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

no is wasn't, but I was completely castrated years later on my wedding day as per custom

3. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

just hope they don't try to give you an oral exam (to confirm your citizenship)

1. rhamson profile image72

I think they are more content with the other end without the common decency of a reach around.

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you are confusing immigration officials with those in the tax dept

Oh I thought it was a gang bang!

Departmentalization does not permit cross-orifice penetration

So the reach around is still a no go?

well, if you were a woman, you might have a shot with the Department of the Interior

4. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Uhh....Ya' know...I know I had to have been there when it happened...but gee...I don't seem to remember that much of when I was 2 months old or less...for some damn reason??? Go Figure!

Unbelivable...next they'll just stick their head up our ______ and take a good look around before we can fill out any form that is remotely associated with dealing with our government

1. writinginalaska profile image80
      writinginalaskaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh good,  that way i can avoid the colonoscopy I was dreading  hahahaha

1. manlypoetryman profile image83
        manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)