Prince William

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Balinese profile image39
    Balineseposted 12 years ago

what is Prince William Last name ?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Prince William of ________. I think royals do not have surnames!

Balineseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i was having  debate with my coleague here -  thanks Prettydarkhorse:)

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

It was Wales. smile

But I think he will now be called Ididnotkissmybride yikes

Balineseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Peardiver -  very funny - ha ha ha

3. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Windsor, isn't it?

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe the royal surname is a combination of the Queen and Prince Phillip's names- Mountbatten-Windsor.

4. Hugh Williamson profile image76
    Hugh Williamsonposted 12 years ago

His military uniform name tag reads "Wales."

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's because he's a "Prince of Wales", isn't it?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not yet, his father is still the Prince of Wales. He is now the Duke of Cambridge.

Ah!  Now that you mention I did hear them announce excactly "prince of what" this morning (but I forgot  smile  ).  (Hey - 4:00 in the morning, and dark outside, is way too early to start re-hashing the whole Royal Weddings and "who's duchess or prince or what" thing, going back to Charles and Diana's wedding.   smile )

5. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Out of curiosity, I just checked (because I've always heard them referred to as "The Windsor's".  Anyway, here's the actual "dirt" on the matter   smile  )  :

http://windsorknot.today.com/_news/2011 … ts-to-know

6. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

He is Prince William Wales.

Hi brother is Prince Harry Wales.

Diana was the Princess of ....... (Wales)

Well, learn something new every day, I guess  smile  (although I can't say I'm a big fan of all the name-switcheroos they apparently do.   lol  )

7. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 12 years ago

I thought the family was known as the House of Windsor which would make Windsor their last name. hmm

8. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 12 years ago

I thought this guy is called 'William Arthur Philip Louis'.

9. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

He is William Arthur Philip Louis Windsor or William Arthur Philip Louis Mountbatten-Windsor.

The family changed its name to Windsor in 1917 as the name they had sounded too Germanic at the time of the First World War.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6904531.stm

10. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

So then what is Kate Middleton's new last name? Is she getting one?
    And yeah. What is up with any wedding where they don't say, "You may now kiss the bride"?
    Is this a Church of England thing?
    A royals thing?
    Was that extra kiss on the balcony supposed to make up for no kiss in the cathedral?
    Soooo weird (from this American commoner's POV)

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She will carry his surname also, Mountbatten-Windsor.

The ceremony was beautiful, and yet so very solemn. I loved the boys choir, they gave such an ethereal air inside the Abbey.

2. Lisa HW profile image61

What I heard was that the Church of England is similar in a lot of ways to Episcopalian in the US (which is kind Protestant but not as difference from Catholic  as other Protestant churches are...

Anyway, my sister and I were talking (both married in a Catholic church), and neither the priest at her wedding, nor at mine, even said, "You may kiss the bride," - so neither of us did the "kiss-the-bride" thing at the service either.  Point is:  I think it may be a church thing.  lol

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmm. Could well be.
        When hubby and I got married by his family's Lutheran pastor he most definitely said to kiss the bride. And hubby grabbed me and planted a big long smackeroo on me.
        And his mom (who was 83 at the time) called out "That's enough!"
        Too funny.

1. CMHypno profile image83
          CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's royal protocol - the first public kiss is on the balcony at Buckingham Palace, and even that didn't happen before Charles and DI

3. rontlog profile image81
      rontlogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it is a church thing, at the last few Church of England weddings I have been to, the vicar always says I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss the bride.

For William and Kate, I think they saved their first married kiss for the balcony for all the crowds outside to see.

You can't exactly have a passionate kiss in a cathederal.

Their second kiss was lovely - aahhh!

11. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I have only seen bits of the whole thing, but every female I know sat up all night and watched the whole boring process.

This morning they are all talking about the dress in this household. The royal couple seem like nice people, I hope they're happy but to be honest I don't give a rats about watching the pomp and ceremony of the monarchs.

They all seem to be bought up in a human vacuum in that royal family, so I don't expect too much of them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)