What is the hub score?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)
  1. yellowbutterfly profile image60
    yellowbutterflyposted 12 years ago

Can someone tell me what is the 'hub score' please? It seems to have no relevance to the number of page views on my hubs.
    Thanks!
    yellowbutterfly

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Yellowbutterfly welcome to HP .Hubscore is the score assigned to each of your indivual pages or hubs.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscore   this shows what goes into the calculation of the hubscore 
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

2. jericurbayo profile image43
      jericurbayoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

HubScore takes into account many factors and will change over time as data continues to stream in. It will also fluctuate quite a bit, seemingly at random, and that is nothing to worry about. The most important HubScore components that you should be concerned with include:

The quality of the article - as measured through the Quality Assessment Process as well as reader consumption of and interaction with the article

Whether the article is Featured - as well as whether the article has succeeded in moving to a Network Site

Hubber reputation - a Hubber's overall Hubber Score and positive contribution to the community.

Article engagement - including the number of comments the article receives as well as reader engagement with interactive elements such as article Q&A, polls, quizzes, etc.

Hubber Score is the score that is associated with your profile and can be considered to be somewhat of a composite of your HubScores as well as measurements of your general behavior on HubPages. The most important Hubber Score components that you should be concerned with include:

HubScores - the collective HubScores of your articles

Passing the Quality Assessment Process - how successful your articles have been at passing the Quality Assessment Process

HubPages Network Sites - how often your articles have been chosen for HubPages Network Sites

Publishing articles - how often you actively publish new articles.

We reserve the right to change the factors used to assess HubScore and Hubber Score as we continue to determine the factors that indicate great content. The bottom line is if you write original, useful content, your HubScores and Hubber Score will eventually reflect the quality and work you've put into your articles. Please try to avoid getting too hung up on HubScores and Hubber Score.

Where can I find my HubScores and Hubber Score?
      You can see the HubScore for each of your articles by visiting My Account > Statistics. They are private; other authors will never see them. You can click on "Score" to sort your articles from highest to lowest scored and vice versa. Your lowest-scored articles have the most room for improvement, so when you are ready to edit and update your work, focus on these first.

Your Hubber Score is located in the lower left corner of your profile photo on your profile page. Unlike your HubScores, your Hubber Score is visible to the public and others will be able to see it when they visit your profile.

2. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 12 years ago

You're right, it has nothing to do with page views. It's just a personal thing that shows how active you are on the site. A lower score means someone doesn't participate much (or writes crappy hubs) and a higher score means someone participates more. I haven't published here for a while, yet my score keeps high because I post in the forums and do my duty hub-hopping and commenting. It also goes up when I advertise my articles on Twitter.

It's nothing to worry about or keep an eye on, unless it goes under 75 I think. At that point your links are no-follow.

3. piet2pata profile image61
    piet2pataposted 12 years ago

I don't mean to steal this topic, but I also got a question related to this. Are your hubrank and the score of your hub in anyway related to eachother>

1. profile image53
      Khushal Aumeerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A HubScore is the score that accompanies one of your Hubs, the Hubber Score (sometimes mistakenly referred to as HubScore by Hubbers) is the score that is associated with your profile, and can be considered to be somewhat of a composite of your HubScores as well as measurements of your general behavior on HubPages.

4. Oneit profile image63
    Oneitposted 12 years ago

You HubPage Score is actually quite different to your HubProfile Score although they are closely related.

I have written a Hub on what things can affect you HubPages Score here: http://oneit.hubpages.com/hub/How-does- … Score-work in it I compare the HubPage score with how Google ranks its pages.

As for the HubProfile score which is the number that shows up beside your image on comments and hubs well that is the one that takes into account your Number of Hubs, Your Hub Karma, How active you are in Questions and Forums, etc.

As a side note SandyMcCollum was right that you must maintain a Hub Profile Score of 75 or Above to keep your Links DoFollow, of course if you're not on HubPages for SEO Purposes then this wouldn't really matter to you. Also your Individual Hubs must stay above 40 to be DoFollow.

So to clarify you HubPage Score is an indication of how good that actual piece of writing was. And the Hub Profile Score is determined by how many good pieces of writing you do and your overall activity on HubPages.

1. Muttface profile image80
      Muttfaceposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is 85 for Do Follow links now.

5. ohioelectricity profile image60
    ohioelectricityposted 8 years ago

i was wondering the same thing. Being new to hubpages, i realized squidoo is now hubpages. The score on my first hub was 57 but it didnt get published. I went in and erased the only link there hoping thats what caused it. Its clean good writing and unique.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This thread is 3 years old and the way scores are calculated has changed a few times since then.  It's best not to necro old threads like these if you want current information about how HP works.   Here is the up-to-date info on scores
      http://blog.hubpages.com/2015/02/26/an- … -hubscore/

6. Jasonwebb1 profile image41
    Jasonwebb1posted 6 years ago

Thanks for the information, helped a lot smile

7. debarati sarkar profile image60
    debarati sarkarposted 4 years ago

How to increase hubscore?

8. Arun Sarkar profile image73
    Arun Sarkarposted 3 years ago

I am also a little bit confused. My Article score is showing as 71 when I check the statistics and it changes over time. But in My Profile section, the score is showing as 82 and at also changes from time to time. Its really confusing.

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It means nothing very much, so don't worry about it.

There are three scores, by the way. One for each article, one for the average of all your articles, and your hubber score which appears to the bottom left of your profile pic.

9. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 3 years ago

Hubscore and Hubber score don't matter much, like others have said, They are computer-generated and a very general (vague?) indication of quality. The only time that they matter is when they are very low (lower than say 50) - that's a sign that something is wrong. That means either very low quality or the hubber has been breaking rules (plagiarism, forum bans, or whatever)

You can increase your scores by things like improving the quality of your articles, or engaging more with the community, commenting on articles, writing in the forums etc. Increasing your score(s) won't change your life much though, as has been said.

10. profile image0
    Amy hassanposted 3 years ago

Eventhough this thread is quite old, but still helpful somehow.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)