Please help me....Confused reading a girl i reaally like

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image52
    28youandmeposted 12 years ago

Hey I have a question I really like this girl and we have gone to the movies and had dinner a couple of times. We have texted eachother alot of times and have had deep convos about life and things. she has been heart broken in the past and is getting over being cheated on which was a year ago. so any how I finally told her I had feelings for her and she said she really wants to be my friend and she loves hanging out with me. I told her that if a real person comes aong I wouldnt turn my back on it. she said she is not emotionally or mentally ready. she is emotionally disconected. I told her if we ever had the potential in reaching the next step? if so i would wait, but if not i dont want to get hurt either. she said honestly, i wont be ready for a long time and by me waiting for her is not a good idea.
    her black berry messenger name she put up like 2 hours ago was cock blocked  and she had an angry face.

the problem is we always talk and stuff and she was being totally honest in why she wants me as a friend.

i dunno what to do please help

thanks,

very confused person.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just wait..hang in there...she will come around ...looks like she is sorting out her feelings.  I 'll take a guess she will come around alright..send her some flowers to start with smile

But this post needs to be in the Gender and relationship threads, so I am requesting that it be posted there.

1. profile image52
        28youandmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ok thanks you so much

2. profile image52

IT WONT LET ME POST IT AGAIN WHAT DO I DO

1. sofs profile image76
          sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't post it again... don't reword it either........just click on more under your posting - click on report and select wrong forum category and write a note to the team...anyways I have sent a request.........but it is late at night and obviously the team will take their own time to do this... don't worry smile

2. mdlawyer profile image43
    mdlawyerposted 12 years ago

You can reword it as a different thread.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Breaking the forum rules in the process.

3. Mindtrapz profile image60
    Mindtrapzposted 12 years ago

Personally I think that anytime a female uses the term "friend" that it is never a good thing. Hopefully you are okay with just being her friend. But i wil tell you from experience, even if she does have interest in you, now is not the right time to jump into a relationship with her.she has resentment towards guys most likely and everything you do is going to be prepared to the other guy that broke her heart. If she says that she is not emotionally ready then respect that and just be there for her as a friend. Also in my experience, and I doubt other people will agree with me, girls do not fall very hard for guys that are "there for them." Uusally that signals to a female that you are either desperate, or too easy to catch. Back off for a while, dont call her and see how long it is till she calls you, and if she does, make the conversation short and sweet and get off the phone. If she has any feeling for you she will call again if not only to ask why you are shunning her, then maybe that will open up the road to communication!.Then wait till she calls you again. Make her persue you!

1. profile image52

thanks for the advice.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Not to be harsh...but this forum is not Dear Abby. Even if it is put in the gender category.

5. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Also not to be harsh, but I think the "not ready" thing either means she's not ready for another relationship, plain and simple; or else it could mean that she truly only wants to be friends with you, doesn't want to hurt your feelings, and has chosen this "somewhat legitimate" excuse as her way of letting you know she's only interested in being friends.  Either way, move on.  Guys have a way of thinking girls/women don't know want what they really want, or can't figure out which guy is right for for them, etc. etc.  Most do.  It's that simple.  Spare yourself a lot of useless wheel-spinning, and find someone who wants to be more than friends.   smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)