Problem with Statistics Page and Hubscores?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Hey Staff,

I just went to my statistics page, clicked on list by published format. There isn't any order designated to my list of hubs, which is normally done by Hubscore.

Not to mention, I have several hubs that had hubscores above 70 earlier today, yet are showing 61, 61 and 60?

What is going on?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The zero-problem is fixed, but cags’ OP still applies. That situation is still unresolved.

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
        wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My zero still stands (it's a hub written on another account).  Not sure if that's fixed yet, paradigm.

Maybe you got it the old-fashioned way; you earned it. lol smile

Could be!  lol

I just hub hopped. There are still issues.

"Osama Bin Laden Video Game  0 "

And there's a couple others.

2. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Wordscribe, it's great to see you. Hope you are well. smile big_smile

Right back atcha.  I'm great, just not around much because I'm busy with my own sites.  How are you?

I am doing well. Glad to hear you're working on other sites. I have just recently updated my blog and will be updating my community blog shortly. I've also been looking into writing in other locations, but haven't sorted out the time to do so. smile Thank you for asking smile

Sounds like a good plan, I've found the time investment to be very worthwhile.  Only thing, it's a bit lonely over there without the forum.  It's nice to pop in here occasionally for that reason.  smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Wow, Cags. You speak with un-forked tongue. smile

Same here. Looks like they changed the grading algorithm. From looking at the results, I sense that traffic is being given more weight.

3. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

Same here! Just logged in and saw one hub score with a drop of nearly 30 points since mid-day!!! All scores are shockingly low!

No warnings, just scores dropped drastically!

At first sign-in I was thrilled since I finally reached 300 followers. Then go to account page and see the hub scores.
    Are we being told something by HP or just a glitch?

4. Cagsil profile image70

@Para, something has changed?

@Michael, I just noticed it. I haven't had any hubscores lower than 65 in a very long time. Yet, I have 3 in the low 60's.

I don't know if something has changed or if it's a glitch. Hence, this thread.

1. Michael Willis profile image68
      Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for posting this. I see Jason in the forums. Hopefully this will be addressed quickly.

Michael, Para just posted on another thread about a person who just posted a hub with 50 hubscore, but now it is actually ZERO?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/74809#post1621475

I saw that! Weird!  I hope it is a glitch only.

2. Michael Willis profile image68

I have a saved copy of all my hubs as originally published, but have made many edits on the vast majority. I think it is time to spend the weekend saving a "revised copy" in case I need to remove them.

1. Lissie profile image74
          Lissieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You don't need to spend a weekend - it took me about 5 minutes - including downloading the plugin thanks to Eric's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aUmTRrE … e=youtu.be

Thanks for the link. I will look at it.
            I am starting to get fed up with everything here. I have been patient, but enough is enough.  My time is worth more to me than all the BS.

1. Lissie profile image74
              Lissieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Either way - if you stay or if you go (and I'm yet to make a deicsion) - its a good idea to have content on 3rd party sites saved off-line - I've lost content before because sites went down/were sold whatever

Very true. I will be saving a revised copy of all hubs. That way when I do make my decision, it will be easier to have the hubs saved already.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

The excitement just never ends around here. lol smile

And, yes. I've hub-hopped twice now. Looks like all new hubs now start at zero.

6. BlissfulWriter profile image72
    BlissfulWriterposted 12 years ago

I posted two brand new hubs today.  Both their scores are zero!   I thought I did something wrong or broke some rule (because normally they would start out at Hubscore 50).

7. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Yes, something's off.  I complained a couple of days ago that we have no keyword stats anymore.  Just nothing there.  Now, hub scores are all caddywhompus.

8. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

Well at 0 they will be no-follow, so I guess new Hubs will not be indexed in search engines anymore.

9. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 12 years ago

I just got word that it's a glitch. Should be fixed shortly. smile

Good to know.

10. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 12 years ago

Thanks Jason.

11. paradigmsearch profile image60

Per hub hop, looks like the zeros are now gone.

That's nice, but the Statistics page isn't fixed. sad

Darn, you beat me by 38 seconds. lol

12. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

wow my best hubs are dropped to 50!
    score are plummeting...
    I don't think I can my heart can take much more of this..
    yikes

13. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 12 years ago

Mine are all 50 straight across the board.

It looks like we're starting from there.

Maybe it's good to wipe the slate clean and start over.  smile

Same here. lol smile

2. Cagsil profile image70

All mine are 50 score now across the board. It wipes out many I had in the 80's. This is NOT good. sad

14. Krysanthe profile image92
    Krysantheposted 12 years ago

Mine are all at 50 now too.  *frowns*

15. paradigmsearch profile image60

It’s Friday. HP is just having fun with us. lol

If this what they considering having fun with it's members, then I am out of here. hmm

Agreed!!!

16. Karanda profile image80
    Karandaposted 12 years ago

For the first time ever, I had a Hub score of 100 this morning. I was so excited. Along comes a glitch and all my Hubs are 50. Talk about build you up to let you down!

lol

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

me too lol

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation Karandah! I missed that, must have been sleeping, but hey...it's special you go girl!

1. Karanda profile image80
        Karandaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Izzy. I was over the moon. Of course it's dropped back down again now, but hey, now I know what it feels like.

17. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 12 years ago

I guess I just have to join the party.  What a disaster to be so encouraged and then, absolute let down.  I haven't felt that motivated in a long time.  I was buzzing along, advertising and promoting Hub Pages and my Hubs, and then BOOM all Hubs shot down to a Hub score of 50.  Everyone enjoy a wonderful evening.

18. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

Hey 50 on 70 hubs is an improvement don't fix the glitch!

lol

19. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 12 years ago

My understanding is that advertising problems occur when Hub scores are under 75.  Since my scores were above or near 75, and now 50 I am getting a bit nervous.  When should I be worried about this type of issue ?

And, your understanding would be incorrect.

Hubscore only plays a factor when 40 or lower. All links would be nofollow, instead of dofollow. However, that also requires your "hubberscore"/"authorscore" to be below 75.

Hubscore by itself does nothing.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image64
        theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is there a way to consolidate all of these threads? lol I'm guessing we'll have at least a dozen within the next hour. smile

No, but Staff can close to reply most of them, if not all of them except for one. lol

20. Cagsil profile image70

YAY! Statistics page is fixed smile

21. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 12 years ago

Think they were just checking to see whether we were paying attention. big_smile

Now, that would be the dumbest notion on their behalf. But, I put nothing passed the average human. lol tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)