America and the Middle East

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)
  1. marwan asmar profile image65
    marwan asmarposted 12 years ago

What do think US President Obama feels about the regional turbulance in the Middle East and should America be worried about the change of governments and the general protests sweeping the area?

1. lady_love158 profile image62
      lady_love158posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely America should be concerned! Look at Egypt being taken over ny the Muslim Brotherhood its christians are being persecuted and the people there are in favor of sharia law... and in Libya we're backing the same kind of people!! Its an outrage to use American tax dollars on those savages!

1. marwan asmar profile image65
        marwan asmarposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Savages, its a nice rounded word to descibe people I guess!

1. John Holden profile image62
          John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Marwan, don't expect anything considered or relevant from Lady Love, she has a bad hate complex.

1. hottopics profile image61
            hottopicsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unlike you, PLEASE People in glass houses..... well you know the rest

Danny, I hate nobody. I'm intensely irritated by some, but they don't deserve hate.

2. lady_love158 profile image62

What else do you call people that require 4 male witnesses to rape and would stone a women to death that couldn't produce them? How else do you describe people that would send their sons onto a bus of innocents women and children with a sack full of explosives nails and shards of metal to blow themselves up inflicting pain and suffering indescriminently... would you consider them "civilized"? And how about the people that sit idly by in silent support? Are they any more civilized? If middle eastern people want to be thought of as civilized then they have to create that image because now the extremists have taken control of the image and are projecting that image to the world.

1. thebrucebeat profile image61
            thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is only true for people without the discernment to parse the difference between the extemists and the general population, like yourself.

1. lady_love158 profile image62

Oh I know the difference I have muslims in my family!

Taliban?

2. thebrucebeat profile image61
                thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What are they doing to "change the image"?

3. DTR0005 profile image60
          DTR0005posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Marwan, John said it best - you shouldn't expect much intelligent debate on Hubpages forum. Sadly, this is bascially a virtual schoolyard where people take cheap shots at politicians, idealogies, religion, etc. I do commend you for attempting to start a serious debate.

2. profile image58
      C.J. Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't know what the President thinks. I'm sure it's not too different from past President's and therefore just as wrong headed. America's concern is based on self intrest. There is a direct relationship between Oil and America's "Concern" for the middle east.

2. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

Mental damage for sure, that one...

No perception of history leaves one, like LaLo, blinded, and deeply in the dark...

Being that Western Europeans drew the map of the Middle East we see today...and set up the proxy governments that we continue to financially and militarily support, I am sure Obama understands the reality behind the problems that have plagued that region since European intervention...

Thank you Sykes-Picot....

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

American Business maybe should be, but Americans in general I think are not worried, and that may be a mistake I think.

Do not sell Obama short here, I also think he realises the Problem of Proxy Goverments established by a League of Nations alience, and I am sure he see's well,  the problem of breaking traditions and forged behaviors and promises of always supporting those Proxy Goverments.

Even when the former alience members have long ago abandomed all but token support, and have gotten lazy and well satisfied watching the USA go broke keeping up the whole bargan,  all for the show and excuse of- "Because that is who we are..?" and to keep a lifetime  pack with Israel., thats clouuded with Religious emotion and false CIA Facts.

Obama does understand more than you realise. I think he is a bit taken as to how deeply we are entrenched in some of the Lies and the real reasons or it, that we will never know of.

I am not necessarly a fan of all the President does, but I am positive he knows.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)