Demystifying Tarot - Tarot Readings CAN Be Done Electronically

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (56 posts)
  1. sinceretarot profile image40
    sinceretarotposted 13 years ago

There seems to be alot of debate over the possibilty of doing tarot card reading over the internet and even the authenticity of a tarot reading being possible or accurate.

I feel invoked to shed some light on this debate from someone who has used and seen tarot work magic over the last twenty years.

Tarot, magic and metaphysics have been around for yonks. They have been a significant part of ancient lifetyles, cultures and communities; bringing lucid insight, useful information and have impacted social, industrial and ecological progress, in periods long forgotten.

They are not such a mystery, have been around for years and there is ample historical article and documentary to validate this.
    I do tarot over the internet and I beleive it is possible. Tarot readers use devination to read the cards.

Quantum physics, spritual leaders and common people alike have demonstrated over many centuries the posibilities and even evidence of unexplainable phenomena. We do not have to know each other or have met each other to be able to step into or tap into energy that we are all connected by.

We accept common occurances of insight and telepathy (for example, when we are thinking of someone and they call or arrive at your door step) as coincedence.

The most important thing is some people are genuinely practiced or able to use thier psychic gift, but thier are alot of people just making money out of it online. It is hard to find a genuine one but they are out there.

Tarot will always tell you what you need to know. It usually shows past actions/situations/images, current consequnces and future occurances/events based on the prior and/or current directions/situations surrounding you. It is not limited to this. But, often this is how it works to guide you – as this is the simplest method for us to understand sufficiently what it is trying to convey.

Reading tarot will pick up energies that have and are forming and the natural progress of these energies as they move into the future. However, ALWAYS, free will can effect your future.

Generally if I see something specific happen in a reading it eventualises in the persons life.
    The small amounts of time this has not happened, the person has changed the course of action by advice and guidance that has come up in the reading.

It may be that the Tarot cards will not forecast your future. Your future is not alway set in stone. Depending on the choices and decisions you make. it is possible to change a probable outcome or future event.

A Tarot reading can help you with these decisions and choices, it can show hidden agendas and solutions that may have been previously overlooked. A reading can reveal aspects of the problem not seen before and enhance problem solving posibilities.
    Good luck.

1. NateSean profile image66
      NateSeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been doing readings online for years. My readings are lead by guardian spirits and those beings are not hampered by distance and technology.

You should make this into a hub. You have a lot of good information here that would actually raise your hub score.

2. kislany profile image61
      kislanyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We've done online readings for each other a lot with other members of the Aeclectic Tarot forum and it's a great way to learn and enhance your skills. I do believe in online tarot reading by other real members, but what I don't like is those online automatic card readings, they're just for fun and entertainment purposes, have nothing spiritual or divinative in them.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There isn't anything spiritual or divine in any Tarot readings, they are all, just like Astrology, mindless entertainment. smile

1. kislany profile image61
          kislanyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure, that's your opinion. But it's not the absolute truth wink

3. Owl Ka Myst profile image60
      Owl Ka Mystposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The title of the discussion threw me. At first I thought you were speaking of computer generated readings, those I deem as electronic for it is a computer that is 'drawing' the cards.
      Those can be helpful and more so to a person who can see the metaphors between the cards symbology and the life being lived.

But, I see after reading you are talking about readings done by an actual person via the Internet. In other words, long distance readings.
      I would say that long distance readings are more valuable than electronically generated reading.
      Reason being, a human is involved. We are spirit and energy beings. Energy is everywhere and is there for us to tap into and connect with.
      It is this energy, the anima mundi that makes long distance 'communication' and understanding possible.
      This ability has been nearly lost to humanity, but it is coming back.

4. knolyourself profile image60
      knolyourselfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sinceretarot or others: Have a question.
      Of the four suits in terms of classes, as
      Merchant, Soldier, Priest and Worker which may be my own take - not sure but if anyone knows - Pentacles might be associated with merchants and Swords might be correlated as leaders and warriors. The question would be would Wands represent the Priest caste and Cups the workers or would it be vice versa? I understand there is some disagreement. My interest in this is the area of politics.

1. Owl Ka Myst profile image60

Both Wands and Cups have a spiritual aspect to them. Wands is enlightenment and self-development and Cups is more about the subconscious, feelings and intuition/3rd eye type stuff.
        For your breakdown, I would say 'Yes' on Wands being priestly. However, I can't see Cups as workers in general, but social/healthcare workers specifically.
        I would put Cups as the children if looking at it the way of a social body, as you say 'class'.
        Labor workers would be Pentacles like merchants who do business, being that Pentacles represent the physical and material parts of life.
        Each suit is a leader in some way, but if you are talking government and laws, Politicians are Swords.

5. deblipp profile image60
      deblippposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I recently began doing readings via Skype. The video allows me to show the querent what the card looks like, and that helps with understanding. I like seeing another person.

Previously, I would do phone readings via speakerphone. Email readings I do by reading out loud, as if the querent was actually there. Then I send an mp3 file of the recording of my reading and include a photograph of the layout in the reading so the querent can see what I am discussing.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

Aren't they just a deck of cards produced in a factory? smile

3. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

Sure you can do a reading online, but doesn't the atmosphere suffer?

That depends. Are you trying to get a reading to answer a question or are you going into it for entertainment purposes? If you're looking for the entertainment factor than yes, the atmosphere will be a little disappointing when you get a reading on line.

But if you're trying to come to terms with something, or you're trying to see how the next few weeks will play out, then an on-line reading (from someone you trust, of course) can be helpful and gives you something to look back on when you're lost.

4. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I thought the deck had to be shuffled by the person being read. I wouldn't think an online shufflle would be the same. I always assumed, if the deck was in order, the person shuffling somehow subconsciously manipulated the cards to read the way they wanted. Are you claiming tarot reading is real?

There are many different approaches to reading tarot. The person getting the reading does not HAVE to shuffle the deck. In fact, many readers do not want others touching their cards. Some say it puts energy into the cards. Some want this other persons energy in the deck, some do not.
      I don't have issues with others touching my cards but I do not want some random person shuffling them because not everyone can shuffle well and I don't want my cards getting bent. However, in face to face readings, I have my client cut the deck.
      There are other readers who meditate over a reading. That takes quiet time, not much fun for one who might be sitting and waiting. So the reading is done 'solo' and a report given.

As for the cards being in order prior to a reading. I know many readers and I have yet to come across someone who 'rights' the deck before each reading.
      I shuffle before and I shuffle after.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd never had a reading done professionally. We used to play with tarot cards at night, in the dorms when I was a kid. Nothing since then. It would probably be fun to have it done by someone who knew what they were doing.

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

I been using the I Ching for forty years. It is either always right, or am I an idiot?

6. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years ago

People have done tarot cards via snail mail for decades; longer, even.  The principle behind online readings differs little, surely.

7. SylviaSky profile image92
    SylviaSkyposted 13 years ago

In honor of the Tarot, let me say that Tarot is not magic or psychic, or a gift one is born with. Tarot is a beautiful divinatory art, and the Tarot reader is (or should be) educated to know in depth the symbolism of the cards, and well-practiced in the art of intelligent and caring Tarot reading. Proofs that it is not a "gift" are that the reader improves with experience and can call on his or her skill at any time. The reader's intuition plays a role, but intuition is not the same as telepathy (being able to "read others' minds") or being "psychic" (meaning clairvoyant, or having the power of prophecy). Tarot is wonderful precisely because it sidesteps and does not need things such as "telepathy" and "psychic power" that are so easily faked and shammed.

The issue of electronic readings being accurate is that it is the reader's decision; if he or she honestly feels comfortable, it will work.

8. KFlippin profile image60
    KFlippinposted 13 years ago

At various times in life I have used online tarot readings from one particular web site, as well as I Ching (shhh don't tell anyone).  It is a good tool for clarifying your thoughts, it is as well thought provoking, and without a doubt it provides guidance and insight about equal to the mind clearing, honest, and focusing state you yourself bring to the reading. If you treat it as a trick or a joke, the results will reflect that. Also, consulting the Tarot or I Ching is a heck of a lot cheaper than a therapist!

I've always referred to what I do as low budget therapy.

1. KFlippin profile image60
        KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile You are quite right, it is a lot easier on the budget to buy 'karma coins' than it is expensive sessions with a shrink.

And people tend to be happier after they've had a reading with me. wink

True, but a therapist doesn't pretend to know what they're doing or uses sheer guesswork to analyze the problem. smile

Tarot readers who have spent years of study and practice are not pretending. They know the deck and it's symbolism, which is universal to humanity, very well.

Yes, I understand Tarot readers believe they think they know what their doing, but it is still indistinguishable from pretending and pure guesswork. smile

1. profile image0
            just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Somewhat like atheism. You two should have a lot in common.

2. profile image0
            klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, c'mon Beely.. I've read your future before... haven't I?
            http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4687665_f248.jpg

Yes, but it was off base to what really happened. Sorry Klara. smile

2. KFlippin profile image60

Hmmm...first thought that comes to mind is that a therapist actually does engage in lots of guesswork and pretense, after all they don't have a crystal ball, while a tarot reader has the benefit of thousands? of years of symbolism and insight.

Yes, and we can ignore the hard work, rigor and years of education required to become that therapist and assume it's all just a lot of guesswork.

Yes, thousands of years of magical thinking, pre-age-of-enlightenment. smile

3. NateSean profile image66

Age of enlightenment...was that the age when people of two different skin colors weren't allowed to go the same school together? Is that the age of "enlightenment" to which you refer?

9. sinceretarot profile image40

Doing a tarot reading electronically - action (in this case tarot reading). How it is accomplished (in this case electronically). meaning the electronic medium is used to provide access to a tarot reading.
    NateSean -Thank you
    Bedazzled - I went to the supermarket yesterday and purchased some lovely organic potaoes, fress mushrooms and a tomato. When I arrived home I had choices - to fry - to bake etc. As it turned out my choice was good - i endede up with a delicious baked potato filled with tomato and mushroom. 20 years ago I purchased a set of playing cards from a stall - Again I had a choice to play a game - to read tarot etc. I chose to do a reading for a friend. I had some knowledge, however little of tarot. But, knew enough to perform a ritual on the cards and equate each card with its own symbolism. As it turned out I used those cards for 10 years doing personal and professional readings which were accurate, prophetic and insightful. We all have free will and abundant choices - It would be have been dissapointing if I had chosen to be wry or mocking of the tarot as I would have forfeited a huge chunk of delight and awesomeness that that one moment of giving something a go created for my life path - not to mention the many wonderful people I have had the fortune to meet and guide in this experience.
    Jeff - Atmosphere - I like to beleive that people are able to take responsibilty for thier own atmosphere. Demystifying tarot is an article on the accuracy and possibility of online tarot. I thnk atmosphere (as far a psychic phenomena and tarot) goes embraces wishy washy expectations that are incongruent with the actual practice. If the service offered was a romantic meal for two etc I would expect atmosphere. Having said that reading face to face is more enjoyable and the human element does account for alot. However, it is not necessary to have a complete and accurate reading. Again it is about choice.   
    Just curious - the deck does need to be shuffled for practical purposes. If you know someone who can do that to the tarot card, I would really like to meet them - they must be extraordinary. My experience of tarot has shown me that yes tarot is an excellent tool to guide, prophecise, intuite and receive help from beyond.
    Owl - beautiful knowledge.
    Electronic card shuffling - Yes entertainment - True it has the meaning of the tarot card well defined. A tarot reading is more comprehensive - It digs deeper than the intelligence of the card meaning - it uses energy to see and perceive greater insight to a query or allows for choices to be presented. Unfortunatley electronic tarot shufflng and predictive text does not allow this.
    thank you everyone for your comments.

That's nice. You can make a million dollars if you showed this amazing talent to James Randi. Of course, no one has ever showed anything of the sort. You would be the first and only one to make "accurate, prophetic and insightful" readings. smile

I find it so interesting that you choose Einstein as your avatar. Also pretty insulting since Einstein was loads more open minded than you were.

What was my favorite quote from him again? About the universe and human stupidity...wink

I wonder why folks who pretend to have "special powers" or "guardian spirits" feel compelled to lash out so? Bruised egos?

10. sinceretarot profile image40

How about this for a prophetic insightful and accurate. The adverse person who feels the need to debate tarot reading online in thier spare time and create disharmony where harmony lay, really is in need of the therapist (perviously discussed) who can get paid to listen to them about thier issues for an hour and then... The adverse person who pictures them selves as an Einstein is unablle to absorb the actual meaning of the article and thinks it is about money or $1million. Get help Bedazzled - I would offer but I see the tarot isn't in shape for this kind of problem. Psychologist are generally more suitable for psychopathic tendencies. smile

Again, I ask, why do you folks feel compelled to lash out and spit venom? Can you demystify that? smile

sinceretarotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not venom - sorry for the misunderstanding - more pity! Please stop posting on my page now.

How very sad. The folks who are believers in Tarot not only toss insults out to those who criticize their beliefs, but then turn into bold faced liars making the same accusations they themselves are practicing. They are so mortified by the criticism, they have to actually tell you to stop posting on their threads.

Tsk tsk tsk. smile

2. Owl Ka Myst profile image60

It's simple.....you were the first to spit.

1. KFlippin profile image60

So very well observed and said. smile

Then, you too owe me an apology.

That is a lie, you owe me an apology. Nowhere did I insult anyone here, the insults were tossed in my direction. smile

A lie? I don't think so. You asked a question I gave you an answer. What? You don't like it? Hmmmm....
            I am not going to apologize, I have nothing to be sorry for.

You 'think' you did not insult anyone and I think that is a fine line you are walking. You are very cleaver in how you word things so they are not specifically directed at an individual, but your words do insult a specific group of people.

Here is a discussion where people are contributing to the OP by sharing things that come from personal experience. No one is discrediting anyone and what they have found to be so in their life.
            Here you come stating your opinions as fact, opinions that, when you break it down, say we are wrong.
            And most of all, you don't ever explain WHY you have this opinion. If you did, you would get a totally different reaction from everyone.

So....
            "There isn't anything spiritual or divine in any Tarot readings, they are all, just like Astrology, mindless entertainment."
            Define spiritual.
            To me, this statement says you know very little about tarot or astrology. Astrology takes a lot of mindwork, especially math when drawing up a chart. By saying it is 'mindless' suggests that those who study or use such are wasting thier time on something that has no value or substance and even an idiot would understand it.
            Mindless means lacking intelligence.
            Having taught other's these arts, I can tell you, not all 'get it'.

"... but a therapist doesn't pretend to know what they're doing or uses sheer guesswork to analyze the problem."
            Surely you know who Carl Jung is. Do you know what he did?
            You are saying all tarot readers 'pretend' and guess and theripists do not, but offer nothing of why that is.
            And what does pretending mean to you?
            As I said before, those who have studied tarot for years are not pretending.  Each card in the deck has a very focused meaning. Readers have come to understand those meanings. Where is the guesswork?
            The cards come up as they do they mean what they mean it's not really an analysis of the problem, it's more of another way of looking at it or the call to take some sort of action.
            A therapist also studies for years, and then they are only 'practicing psychology'. Lot of what they do is based on what they read in a book, and is still guesswork.

And again, you repeat yourself without any substance...
            "....Tarot readers believe they think they know what their doing, but it is still indistinguishable from pretending and pure guesswork....."
            ....and where you enter into murky waters. 'tarot readers believe they think they know what their (which is supposed to be they're) doing...'
            Are you an expert in tarot and those who read to say this as if an absolute?
            I find the comment insulting to all tarot readers. Am I hurt by it? No. I usually don't waste my time with such attention seeking attitudes. But occasionally I will speak up when the respect line has been crossed.
            Bottom line....It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it.
            ....or not.

Unless you have something of real substance to say about the topic, don't think you will get any attention from me.
            I have said my piece and I am done with feeding the Knight of Swords.

sinceretarotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beezledad - You are antogonistic wwhere not wanted. Obviously you feel upset about some experience with tarot reading and are inclined to agrravate it through this thread. As a woman who has studied psychology and tarot I merely gave you suggestions on choices you had to aid your problem. Like really, how peculiar that you are spending time intentionally upsetting people online and with no purposeful intent and then triggering abuse and misinformed suggestive attackes on people. I asked you to please stop posting and you have ignored this request with contemptuos attitude and absolutely no respect. I have reported this to the Hubpage team and requested that this be stopped immediately as it is otherwise a respectful - harmonious thread. I wish you luck and happiness on your journey.

Aww, sorry for "Demystifying" Tarot. Isn't that what the OP said?

Obviously, you're dead wrong, I have had no such experiences with those snakeoil salesmen.

What problem?

You are lying, I have attacked no one, but have been on the receiving end of personal insults.

I have been respectful to all of you and have not insulted anyone here personally. This is a forum where anyone can post.

Fair enough, I shall now report your insults to me. smile

Yes, you do owe me an apology for lying, in that I did not spit venom at anyone, and you know it.

It is unfortunate that the specific group of people you refer are unable to distinguish between themselves and their beliefs. Anyone can criticize beliefs, and if one takes it personally, that is their own problem and no one else.

I could offer to send each of them a nickel so they can go out an buy themselves a spine.

If Tarot readers are actually able to show their "special powers" then they haven't a problem, but of course, that's never been done. At this time, it is little more than snakeoil being peddled to the gullible, demystified.

Oh yes, I've heard all about the claims of Astrology as well, just more peddled snakeoil. Astrologers are still trying to explain how it all works, even though they never can. Please explain the physical affects of the positions of the planets on people without conjuring up spiritual voodoo.

Baked a chocolate cake without using chocolate?

You know, pretending, like they have "special powers" or "guardian spirits" floating around them. The kitnd of pretending little kiddies do when they are at playtime.

LOL! In the cards.

Random drawn cards? LOL!

Perhaps, budding therapists should start using Ouija boards and tea leaves, instead of attending university? LOL!

I am not an expert in nonsense, no.

Of course they are insulted, they are being called out as snakeoil salesmen, as they should.

When Tarot readers expect respect, they should offer it first, which means they shouldn't insult our intelligence with their nonsense.

Seems you were done before you even started. lol

11. knolyourself profile image60

Who can remember but seems to me I read in varying instances, that mathematical systems were created more than once by people who created them for use in the study of astrology.

12. knolyourself profile image60

Did some study of astrology myself in my early days. I found the my chart predicts pretty accurately the exact character of myself. Still find that true today. Never pursued it because it is too complicated and time consuming and I like the I Ching better. I don't 'spose you know that it is said the big money players in the stock market namely the ruling classes use astrologists for market assessment. 
    But I suppose I should be sure mathematical formula knows better than me.

13. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

It would appear that "Demystifying" Tarot readings isn't really what anyone wants to hear. smile

14. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Demystifying Tarot - Tarot Readings CAN Be Done Electronically

What is the origin on Tarot reading. Is it a scientific reality? Is it founded with Word of Revelation?

Tarot 'showed up' in Italy in the 1400's. A deck called Mamluk was brought into Italy in the 1200's. The Mamluk is a suited deck and the mother of both tarot and today's modern deck.
      The 22 trump cards where added to the Mamluk and became tarot.
      Tarocci was the game played with the tarot deck and is a game much like Bridge. The deck and games spread across Europe.
      Eliphas Levi incorporated Kabbalic meanings into the deck.
      The 22 trump cards each associate with a letter from the Hebrew alphabet.
      This did not happen until the 1800's
      The first Tarot deck published for the sole purpose of divination was in the 1900's and that was the Rider Waite Smith deck, followed shortly after by Crowely's Thoth deck.

In regards to science, not sure what science has to do with it's 'being real'. I can hold it in my hands, seems pretty real to me. For some one who has never seen or heard of a tarot deck, then it's not part of thier reality.
      Authenticity, well, just gave you it's history in a nutshell.
      The physical deck is only a few centuries old. However, the mystical associations given to the cards not so long ago are ancient. Jewish Mysticism is older than the Bible.

15. knolyourself profile image60

"What is the origin on Tarot reading. Is it a scientific reality? Is it founded with Word of Revelation?"
    Tarot is very old, some think maybe originated in ancient Egypt. The common 52 player card deck is based on the Tarot deck. Some say it was used in the middle ages to disguise occult content from the persecutory Catholic Church, as was alchemy, where the church would have no problem with gold. The conflict between the church and occult is the authority of the church as God's representative and the self as authority, where systems like the tarot are used to put the self in contact with one's own spiritual self.

1. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very old does not mean to be real or to be genuine. What gives it the authenticity?

16. knolyourself profile image60

"What gives it the authenticity?" Only you can give authenticity. Ever try it?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)