Has anyone else had a great Adsense day today?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

So far today I think Ive had 2 high value clicks and earned twice as much as Ive been earning on average, daily this month..

maybe a high value ad is running? or one of my hubs has taken off again..could just be a good day but theres always hope

I still wish there was a way to see which hub it came from hmm

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can put 200 of your hubs into channels, even more I believe with the new Google Adsense interface, and then you can see where the clicks are coming from. In fact, does Analytics not tell you that?

2. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Richie, not had a brilliant day but my weekends like many other hubbers tends to be slightly down on views and clicks. Mon, tues and Friday's seem to be my best days.

Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Its OK, my yesterday was slow as well..although I am thinking the graph that I think Izzy or somebody posted in another thread showing the visitors for Hubpages as a whole could be the sign of HP traffic returning? again, theres always hope! smile

1. IzzyM profile image86

Yeah it was on here - http://www.quantcast.com/hubpages.com long may it last, but you'll see there was a slight climb in March before it fell further sad
          My clicks have GONE!! Wish HPads would hurry up and get sorted and let us know what we have (or haven't) been earning.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
            PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That Quantcast graph actually seems to show tentative signs of a slight recovery,  with the last week showing higher traffice than the ones preceding it back to the 2nd Algo change.  Too early to say if its a genuine trend, but the first sign there might be any changes for a while.

All the changes should have some positive effects, though it's difficult to know how much?

1. IzzyM profile image86

I think more than a few of us are nervously chewing our nails waiting on today's delayed Quantcast results.

I can't tell by looking at my own traffic, I was never one of the high trafficked hubbers.

I think Quantcast trends have to be viewed as patterns that occur over weeks and months.  I wouldn't get hung up on day by day results.  Of course, you can see in retrospect the exact moments that the drops for google.com, then the other english googles occurred, but you would need 2 or 3 weeks of positive results to begin to confirm any recovery, methinks.

Plus, I am not aware that the Google roll out is complete yet.  Only google know that, I guess?

(ps HP themselves will have the best detailed figures on how things are going with the viewing figures for the website, of course.  Quantcast is fairly crude in comparison.)

1. IzzyM profile image86

I don't think the roll out is completed. I'm getting double figures daily from all the non-English speaking countries.

2. Richieb799 profile image75

I will be intrigued to see this since I have definitely had a better week for traffic, not having as good a day as I had yesterday with earnings but its not a bad day so far

I have started a seperate thread on the quantcast stats as they appear to show that traffic might indeed be increasing for the site as a whole!

Traffic has been good on a lot of my hubs and definitely over the last week or so but my best hub lost a bit of traffic today and yesterday but it does seem to be fluctuating between 200-400 views a day.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you have any hubs with red arrows? You could take a look at your top hot hubs, it's usually an indication some form of activity has taken place.

I haven't checked lately. I'm happy if I see a click of any kind. smile

4. profile image0
      Suramya.Kposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes Richieb799,
      I also had a quality click today and it made my day. One of my hubs which could not get even 30 visits in a month is now getting 20 a day. Guess Google Panda update has woeked for me.

2. Richieb799 profile image75

Analytics does tell me which has earned the most but how do you know if another hub is starting to earn great revenue..seems like you have to wait until it is up there with your other high earners.. I guess I'm not as technical with Analytics but I do check it everyday for traffic reports

1. IzzyM profile image86

There should be a drop-down box to tell you everything your hubs have earned, not just the high earners - check the date, then content, then adsense and it should be there.

Ok thanks Izzy, will do now

1. IzzyM profile image86

Or the clicks could have come from your website. Have you set up analytics for it?

Clicks didn't come from my website, yes I have analytics on it but I did what you said and saw which hub it came from.

My site has been getting some impressions but Im trying to climb the rankings at the moment..it is ranked 9th on the first pay for the keyword I chose and that keyword gets 22,000 views a month..I'm hoping if I can get it up higher it will bring in some good earnings, what do you think?

1. IzzyM profile image86

Have you promoted your site? Social Monkee is a good place to start getting those backlinks in place.

Yeah man, course Im promoting it, I must have about 1000 backlinks to it, I managed to move up one slot last night to 8th for my niche, noticed I'm on page 3 for the word gizmos as well..should be getting some decent traffic soon smile

2. 2besure profile image80
          2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on the great day!  You deserve it!  My turn next! smile

3. Richieb799 profile image75

blinking heck, Ive just had another high value click lol.. I'm doubting it will last though because its an old hub and I havent got many red arrows like Rebakkah asked

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey, enjoy it! I just checked mine and got excited because I thought I had 4 clicks, but then noticed it was the total for the month. hmm

4. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Google is doing a strange dance. I have one hub that was in #1 position before the slap thanks it to getting 3 or 4 PR 5 backlinks (organically, luckily enough) which more or less means I don't need to promote because it would take 1000s of PR 0 links to equal what is has already.
    My traffic dips every Thursday and picks up every Sunday, and this has only happened since Panda too.
    I've been watching the SERPS and that hub is #5 at the weekend then jumps to #3 every Sunday night.
    What is that all about?

1. brandonhart100 profile image76
      brandonhart100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is it a party hub? wink

1. IzzyM profile image86

LOL no, all singing, all dancing? I wish!

It's an okey cokey hub, methinks!  Up down, up down, shake it all about!  ;-)

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I guess a great adsense day is realtive...from "0" to a few dollars...is great considering the last few months..

6. Sapphireid profile image62
    Sapphireidposted 12 years ago

Nope! But I finally got something..some cents. Soon, it'll be more.

7. arizonataylor profile image79
    arizonataylorposted 12 years ago

My hubs are way up today, but then they've been way down for a long time.  I get arrows pointing up some days and arrows pointing down other days.  I see no consistent trend other than less traffic, regardless of arrows.

8. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Congrats!  I had one on May 12.  I was ecstatic!  It was an "OMG!" moment.

9. ftclick profile image54
    ftclickposted 12 years ago

Me too. I had a $20 clk on a finance site

10. suziecat7 profile image77
    suziecat7posted 12 years ago

Nope - not a dime in days. sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)