Do beautiful drivers have better chances of dodging a speeding ticket?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (52 posts)
  1. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 13 years ago

I follow the traffic laws but still get pulled over for no apparent reason. But many of my friends (the beautiful lady drivers) often dodge the ticket.

1. KFlippin profile image61
      KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep, it happens, and bless them for being biased by beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Human nature does have its positive attributes.

OMG......they are profiling!!  Oh well, we are all human after all.

1. jpcmc profile image89
        jpcmcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can safely assume you're one of the lucky ones who escaped because of good looks?  If so, good for you.

1. KFlippin profile image61
          KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In my day, yeah, and I look back on that quite wistfully, but have also known of good friends and family as well who have been on the bad end of a stop by the cops.  It ain't pretty at all, and I fortunately stopped speeding every where I went a good 15 years ago, I doubt I'd be so lucky anymore.  My husband says these days he sees cops pulling over and inspecting every car they stop, like it is a new routine, all very stern and homeland security focused, that would have scared me back in the day, would have stopped speeding at least 10 years earlier.... smile

1. jpcmc profile image89

I guess things have changed in a 15-year span.  In the Philippines we now have both male and female traffic enforcers.  This way female drivers don't have a chance to use their endowments and good looks.  Also, male drivers tend to be more docile talking with female traffic police.

2. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes and no. smile

2. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

In my experience as a beautiful person , I have to say no.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
        wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

now why am I having trouble believing that?

1. jpcmc profile image89

Which part do you have doubts?  The "beautiful person" part or the "no" part.  smile Just kidding tony0724.

Haven't you tried to use your charm and looks to get avoid a speeding ticket ?

1. tony0724 profile image59

My charm is my liability. smile

1. jpcmc profile image89

Oh so that explains it.

2. tony0724 profile image59

Hi Shari ! I hope you are doin good !!! smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes, it has happened, unless you get pulled over by a lady cop at the end of the month! It was so routine to her that she actually called me, sir!! and I don't look anything like a sir. I should have fought the ticket. Everyone around me was going the same speed.

1. jpcmc profile image89
        jpcmcposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is why in the Philippines there are lots of female traffic enforcers.  Can't flirt with them.  Unless of course yo're really, really gorgeous.

4. sarahsexpot profile image56
      sarahsexpotposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha ha! I've beaten most of mine either by being flirty or pretending to cry. Its a game I love to play.

1. jpcmc profile image89

LOL, so which one are you better at, flirting and crying?

1. sarahsexpot profile image56
          sarahsexpotposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I always start out flirty to sort of feel him out or her if I think see swings that way and if that doesn't work I turn on the tears!

1. jpcmc profile image89

Wow, you can turn your tears on or off...that's talent! LOL

5. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suppose if the traffic cop was a woman ,you may have dodged the ticket?
      maybe your lady friends made a date with the traffic cop? lol

6. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You should buy a face mask of a beautiful woman and a wig. Its a common fact that young women drivers don't drink and drive and mostly obey the speed limits.

1. AnnCee profile image67
        AnnCeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think jp has a nice looking face.   Maybe just a wig.   A driving wig.  LOL   It'd probably work.

1. jpcmc profile image89

hmm, driving wig, never thought of that.  Might give it a try. A c-cup bra with lots of pads might do the trick but that's a bit too much for me.  And it might only work from a distance.

7. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

True, especially if they hike their skirts up far enough.

I've found that a Detroit Tiger baseball cap helps. Or, better yet a sticker on the window indicating a contribution to the Police Officers Association.

1. jpcmc profile image89

I hate cop stickers will make things even worse.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
          Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too. The POAM uses them to extort contributions to their organization. Worse, Michigan issues special license plates with a star on them to indicate some connection with law enforcement. This strikes me as a violation of the 18th amendment.

1. jpcmc profile image89

If you have that star on your plate you'd better watch where you park.  You might just get your car messed up.

2. DIYweddingplanner profile image75
    DIYweddingplannerposted 13 years ago

I got a ticket Monday, so it must be true!

1. jpcmc profile image89

Did you wear your best smile?

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image75
        DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I smiled, but it was a short little Irish guy that must have seen the 5'9" on the height on my driver's license and it made him mad!

1. jpcmc profile image89

I'm only 5'5'' and i'm scared!  LOL

3. your cybersister profile image60
    your cybersisterposted 12 years ago

I believe that being good looking, if you are also respectful, does sometimes get you out of a ticket if the enforcement officer is of the opposite sex.  Years ago, I had a beautiful female friend who used to drive like a crazy thing.  Nearly every weekend she would go back and forth from the east coast to the west coast of Florida, from Indialantic to Tampa, which is normally a 2 1/2 hour drive.  She would routinely do it in well under two hours.  She was admittedly stopped 14 times before an officer ever gave her a ticket and the one who did apologized but said that he had too because of how he caught her on radar...

1. jpcmc profile image89

She must be really beautiful or she drives too fast for the cops.

1. your cybersister profile image60
        your cybersisterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She was when I knew her, but I haven't seen her for a number of years.  She did drive very fast, but she admitted to being stopped 14 times in less than a year and getting the one ticket.  She may be in jail for speeding by now for all I know...

1. jpcmc profile image89

..or she's married to a traffic cop by now.

That would certainly save her a lot of money as time goes by and her looks fade away...

1. jpcmc profile image89

and that would be good for all her friends just in case they're in a pickle with traffic violations.

In case she's still running with a fast crowd?

4. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

Most times.

Just give your cutest smile and say sorry.

Ps. This doesn't work with Woman Cops. lol.

1. jpcmc profile image89

sarahsexpot tries it with female cops as well.

5. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I've never been pulled over for speeding, but not because I don't speed.  I've just been lucky.  However, I don't think I'd have the nerve to try and flirt my way out of a ticket.  I would be too embarrassed and it seems rather obvious.  It's not as if the cop doesn't have enough experience to know what you are doing.  I bet they have their stories of what people try to do to get out of tickets.  I'm thinking if I were a cop and somebody tried to do that to me, I'd write them up for the maximum just because they thought they could play me.

6. AnnCee profile image67
    AnnCeeposted 12 years ago

I never flirted, but when I was young and got pulled over, I was flirted with.  Yep good looks make all the difference.  I knew I was over the hill the day I got a ticket.  smile

Seriously, that was the marker.  I saw the difference in the officers eyes, no more sparkle.  sad

Oh, well maturity has its own wonderful rewards.  big_smile

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep, it's not just the officers, it's everybody, from the checkout and bag boys at the market, sales associates in retail stores, to the guy that cleans the pool... one day they stop smiling at you and start calling you ma'am and that's when you know you're over the hill... lol.

1. AnnCee profile image67
        AnnCeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're right.  Funny, huh?  That change.

7. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

Afer 50ty you become more and more invisible. Sometimes it has some advantages though...

1. jpcmc profile image89

Can't wait smile

8. SueShepard profile image60
    SueShepardposted 12 years ago

I agree that if you are respectful, that weighs more than anything. I have been pulled over 4 times in 20 years of driving..egads! 20 years? Anyway... and was given a warning on 3 and the other one the officer said he would act as if I wasn't wearing a seat belt instead of speeding for a lesser fine. Now, does that mean I am good looking? Not necessarily....more than likely it was the verge of hysteria and panic in my eyes.

1. jpcmc profile image89

It always pay to be respectful.  Being beautiful is a just a big plus.

9. Powerpoe1 profile image60
    Powerpoe1posted 12 years ago

In the past, I felt beautiful drivers could dodge speeding tickets. Now, crying and looking sad helps a little.

1. jpcmc profile image89

Yes, the puppy dog eyes look. Unless of course the cop is a heartless fiend. smile

10. ClaireHaley profile image59
    ClaireHaleyposted 12 years ago

Oh yes, yes and showing a little remorse!

1. jpcmc profile image89

Yup, a little remorse can do a lot.  But don't over do it. smile

11. steffsings profile image63
    steffsingsposted 12 years ago

Yes! and so does a little humor. I have found it helps. In one case the officer wrote '85' on the bottom of the ticket but cited me for 75 (in a 70). HOWEVER a NOT funny-funny may bump the price up?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)