What is your monthly earning goal for online activities?

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (76 posts)
  1. sergs_pogi profile image58
    sergs_pogiposted 13 years ago

I want to have statistics about this. Whether you are Filipino, Indian, American, or any other.

1. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't have any earning goals. My goal is to bring more people to my niche - since not so many people are involved.

2. XRobertsbabyX profile image60
      XRobertsbabyXposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right now, about $1000 a month. I would like more but I'm barely hitting that right now. I think when I build up my 'stash' of online content I'll see a bigger profit, which is exactly why I'm on HubPages.

sergs_pogiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow. This is the kind of answer I want. By the way, is $1000 a month more or less equal an ordinary job as an employee? Thanks. Are you an American citizen?

1. XRobertsbabyX profile image60
          XRobertsbabyXposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm American. $1000 a month is about what I would make at a normal full time job. However, that's only because I'm fairly young and new to the job market (21). I haven't completed college yet and in the crappy job market I wouldn't be able to get anything better than minimum wage.

3. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My long term goal is $1000 per month, but of course I have short term goals..such as 500 a month. I have made a few hundred dollars in the last couple months. I am glad, but need to exponentially increase..

I really need to start working more consistently like I did in the fall. Lately, I have not been not up to par. My niche is sort of making me discontent about its potential.

4. tritrain profile image69
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Consistently earning $1000 per month.
      I can go well past leading up to Christmas, but then it drops off. 

Then $2000, then $3000, etc.

I'd like to be able to work from home (or a coffee shop or library).

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image83
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My goal is a grand a month.  No, I'm only about to get my first Adsense check ever; so I'm a LONG LONG way from that goal.  I am, however, doing some serious learning.

6. Novel Treasure profile image89
      Novel Treasureposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My initial goal is $500 a month, but eventually I would like it to be in the thousands. I'm doing farely well on hubpages with the small number of hubs I have so far.

7. compu-smart profile image90
      compu-smartposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good luck to all of you.... If it makes anyone feel better.

I have yet to reach any financial goal!

Im now off to the job center before the bailiffs arrive!hmm

End of! and no further comments!

8. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image83
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I only recently hit my first payout.  I am, however, rather committed to this game right now, and I will be until Spring and Summer get here, and then I'll take up my yearly hvac trade for air conditioning repairs.

Lots of folks are making a thousand dollars a month here on hubpages, but it's not the least bit easy to do; but it is doable so long as someone realizes that it takes a lot of time to build to that level.

Yeah, right.

1. GeorgeW6 profile image60
          GeorgeW6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ZERO!  LOL    I just discovered HubPages again.  Seems that I signed up some time in the past and promptly forgot all about the Website. Too bad as I spend many hours a day on my computer doing research.  Now I am wondering if some of those hours should be spent earning extra cash.  I’m glad that you asked the question. 

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4751891_f248.jpg

I don't have the answer as I'm also new in this enterprise so as in HubPages. But I've been in network marketing with an extensive knowledge on selling yourself, patience, diligence, etc., so I want to believe those who succeed are just ahead of me in time and income. I may also become successful. The thing offered by HubPages is PASSIVE INCOME. Who wants to work for money forever? I'm tired of editing documents. I am stressed everyday. Did I answer your question?

9. chamilj profile image60
      chamiljposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Currently I am earning only $ 300 per month (Not from Hubpages) online. My goal is $ 1000 per month at the end of year 2011.

2. simeonvisser profile image69
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

Always more than last month smile

1. loveingyou profile image60
      loveingyouposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this; I would like to know my hub is constantly growing, and making money. This includes making more each money whether by $1000 or $0.01.

2. Azure11 profile image86
      Azure11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, I agree too, as long as my earnings are continuing to increase then I am making progress. yes, i would love to make $1000 a month but I am not anywhere near that so I just have to aim small to start with and increase targets as I hit them :-)

3. sergs_pogi profile image58
    sergs_pogiposted 13 years ago

Can anyone cite some figures?

4. Extinct Soul profile image60
    Extinct Soulposted 13 years ago

hindi ba masyadong personal yung tinatanong mo? It was not appropriate to ask their monthly earning on a public forum like this...(well, I don't know to them, but I feel violated if someone is trying to ask about my earnings..) lol

(just stating my point of view, no harmful intention lol)

Hindi naman. Alam mo ba may isang hub that displays figures of other hubbers?

5. itech profile image65
    itechposted 13 years ago

My Goal: Consistent monthly payout to relax in sunlight and to shutdown Mouths of enemies.

I'm good in Mathematics - helping me a lot.

I was sleeping in last year (2010) - So, Do Not Conclude Anything from my profile stats.

6. bmthepro profile image60
    bmtheproposted 13 years ago

wow read all the posts didn't have any glimpse of a proper answer , guess none want to disclose figures and they are very much in their rights to do so , alas tongue .

7. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

My goal is $5000 per month, if I get to that point then I would look at investing profits into an offline business in the longer term... I can't handle the eye strain.

Wow. that's awful lot. I wish I could earn even just $500 per month.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well that's not what I am earning, that is my goal... as per the thread topic, in other words my objective.

Looking at your profile, with 681 hubs and joined two years ago, you must have a steady influx of income from adsense I suppose.

1. profile image0
            ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I do, maybe I don't, my online activities stretch further than my Hubpages and there is nothing to say that I don't have many more Hubpages out there.

I don't disclose my online earnings these days, as a result of people assuming too much and knowing too little. I am currently writing an article on Xomba, for example.

2. MarloByDesign profile image78
        MarloByDesignposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too!

8. thisisoli profile image74
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

My goal for 2011 is to reach a steady $2500 minimum each month (Not on average) with an increase to $10,000 to $15,000 over November to December.

Wow. very amazing.

9. bmthepro profile image60
    bmtheproposted 13 years ago

really great to see how much hebbers are making or planning to make , got to get my adsense approved fast smile .
    Best of luck for all your targets .

Well, as for me, I was approved after more than a week, with just 4 hubs running. gud luck.

10. profile image49
    yashodhaposted 13 years ago

i don't know,how build hubs

The answer can be found in the Learning Center found below hubpages. Just use most of the capsules and arrange them so that you and everyone else will be delighted to see and read your hub. Content is one thing, creating a nice-looking hub is another.

2. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Reading the help at the top of the page on your profile maybe a good place to start.

11. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 13 years ago

By January 2012 I wish to have $1000 in Google Adsense income alone.

One Hubber - Pcunix recommended three sources of income - that is also my goal.

I am live in Wisconsin, USA.

wow, that's great. That is multiple sources of income. So how do you generate those? Lots of blog sites, online jobs, or own websites?

12. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 13 years ago

I am still shooting for a payout every month. Not quite there yet, but closer.

13. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

My immediate goal is a steady $1000 per month between HubPages, Squidoo, and my other projects online. I'm hitting it occasionally, but not regularly right now.

Longer-term goal is $3,000 per month. Ultimate goal depends on how long it takes me to get to that!

Looking at your profile, with 306 hubs and joined 3 years ago, you must have been earning quite a lot today. Is it enough to substitute to your job if you have one?

1. kerryg profile image83
        kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

~shrugs~ Not really. My husband makes nearly as much in a day as I do in a month. I'm not a great commercial hubber - I hate shopping, which makes me a pretty bad saleswoman for amazon/ebay type hubs, and many of the topics I like writing about best are obscure or simply not very profitable for ad revenue either. But I love writing, I love making money writing about whatever I want, and I love having a flexible schedule that allows me to stay home with my daughter, so it works for me.

Therefore, hubpages earnings are not enough to substitute to an ordinary job.

1. kerryg profile image83
            kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not a full-time job, but they are enough to substitute for a part time job, which is probably as much as I'd want with a four year old at home anyway.

14. PurpleOne profile image79
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

My goal is $1000 a month. However, I'm no where close to that right now but I'm getting close to $100 a month so I do see how it could be possible in the future.

1. simeonvisser profile image69
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is very good, I think $1000 is a worthy goal smile

15. rajan1311 profile image70
    rajan1311posted 13 years ago

I am just aiming at $10/month ,I doubt ill reach that much this year though, not get more than $0.01 a click these days....oh well, this is just a pass time for me anyways, anything I get is a bonus smile

16. Donnacha C profile image71
    Donnacha Cposted 13 years ago

my goal is €500 a month (Ireland). Nowhere near at present of course, but I find it encouraging that even with the little time I have at present, my hubs are still generating money on a very small scale. I can see how it would be possible to reach my goal if I put more time into it. It`s a long term goal, and I`m really excited about it.

17. Rosendo2 profile image60
    Rosendo2posted 13 years ago

I'm from the Philippines and my goal is at least $1000 .

18. Written By Jim profile image61
    Written By Jimposted 13 years ago

At this point, I'd like to just get to $1.00! smile

I think a reachable short term goal for me would be $10/mo. and should be doable within a month or two. Long term, greater than $1000.

I think persistence and hard work will eventually pay off if you commit yourself to a plan. Consistency is probably one of the most underrated factors in being successful in any endeavor.

Good luck to everyone in reaching their goals!

(And yes, this is my first post here at HubPages!)

Wow. Welcome.

19. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 13 years ago

In the next year or two, I'd like to aim for $100 per month. At the moment I am on about $10 per month....

Oh, $10 per month for having 22 hubs. That is why I am not yet earning since I only have 7 hubs to date.

20. reindeerz profile image82
    reindeerzposted 13 years ago

I aim to make $1000 a month, however I make that amount through my other writing jobs.  Right now I'm at the building stage with Hubpages.  I made around $40 last month and am shooting for $75 this month on Hubpages.  I hope that if I find the time to keep creating articles here that I will get up for $400 or $500 a month on here by the end of the year.  I really enjoy having the freedom to write about what I want to instead of what I'm assigned.  Maybe one day I can count residual income as a major portion of my writing income.

For the record I am an American.  I'm a full time student and stay at home mom so I like being able to help provide for my family without having to wait tables on the weekend and not see my family.

I check your profile and I found out you have created 79 hubs to date. How many hubs have you written last month that gave you $40? It's just amazing. I'm skeptical to take the 30-day challenge for I am also working as an editor in an outsourcing company. Writing articles in HubPages is my sideline only. I'm still figuring out the true potential.

21. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

hopefully 1500 at the end of the year

22. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Hello pretty, so nice to see you.

Sergs,
    My goal is determined monthly for now. It has to be more than the previous month.

But if i have to think on a long term range, i'll say £1000 per month by December.

So i'm going to have to work harder to get there.

23. simeonvisser profile image69
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

But then the question is: if your goal is $500, why not aim for $1000?

24. mymagicview profile image63
    mymagicviewposted 13 years ago

My monthly earning goal is $2000 and I am earning $20 per month! :-D anyways a long way to go!

25. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"What is your monthly earning goal for online activities?"

I herewith freely admit that whatever I reach I will always want more. smile

Somehow, I don’t think I’m alone in this… smile

26. Pente profile image78
    Penteposted 13 years ago

My long term goal is to make $1000 per month online. I am hoping to do this through a combination of hubs and a couple websites. This would provide enough income that I could travel around the world without any money problems.
    For the record, I am a U.S. citizen.

27. albc profile image58
    albcposted 13 years ago

My short term target is US$300 per month (hubpages plus two other sources of Internet income). I got this amount on last December.

My long term goal is at least $1000 every month.

I am from South East Asia.

28. Uzdawi profile image73
    Uzdawiposted 13 years ago

My goal is to make 10 times more money, then I made in previous Christmas season.In next January I will (I hope) earn 5 times as much as I did in this January.Though my earnings are quite modest, I don´t want to reveale them.

29. profile image0
    producertravisposted 13 years ago

My goal now is $100/month. 

I started with a $10/month goal, then $40, and this month I am approaching $100.  Of course a few random Amazon sales have helped this month, but I'll take it!

30. SimplicityStew profile image60
    SimplicityStewposted 13 years ago

I want to build my online sites, hubs and articles to at least $2000 per month. Then I want to sell my homes, buy an RV, and travel the United States, all while blogging about it on my laptop. Then I want to settle down, open a sandwich shop on the water somewhere, have some one man band playing oldies for my patrons, all while blogging about it on my laptop.

31. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 13 years ago

Until I have something worth commenting about! I forgot my new years roso..  not to talk about anything unless it's positive!

32. TheOneWhoKnows profile image57
    TheOneWhoKnowsposted 13 years ago

50$ a month, and I'll be satisfied, anyway currently I have 13$, and I joined before 6 months.

33. obamaskills profile image61
    obamaskillsposted 13 years ago

Hi friends,
    I am new here.I need to learn a lot but I am sure I would start making $500/- per month by the year end.I am prepared to learn and work hard for it.
    In 10 months,by consistent working, it must be achieved.
    Thanks.

34. SimplicityStew profile image60
    SimplicityStewposted 13 years ago

Oh yea, I forgot. I only have $28.06 in my Adsense account. Bummer. So I am a long, long, long way from reaching my goals. But I'm going to keep on trying...

35. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I’d guesstimate my hourly earnings at around ten cents. smile

36. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Around $25,000 a month!

Won't tell you my full average monthly earnings, but it's enough to live off with spare money for luxuries such as a new Kodak ZI8 HD camera which I needed and a couple of laptops which help spread my online files around somewhat.

My online activities exceed just Hubpages as I have blogs and a few private projects under other names which do well on their own.

Ever since working for others I have become bored with working for employers that don't really value your work, they just treat you like a worker, so that's why I haven't worked a job since 2008 and am focusing on online business to see if I can push it to the extreme!

37. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

My goal is for both time and money combined - £1500 from not more than 10 hours per week work. I'm not lazy though, I'd use some of the money and a lot of the spare time for starting an offline business.

38. Haunty profile image75
    Hauntyposted 13 years ago

€3,000 I can't see how I could exceed that right now.

39. Garrett Mickley profile image78
    Garrett Mickleyposted 13 years ago

This isn't an answer for how much per month, but I would like to make $60k by the end of the year so that I can pay for college the following year.

All of the money I make that isn't part of my day job goes into a savings account so I can properly finish my college degree (I'm about halfway through!).

My day job pays my bills.

Right now my online income is averaging about $50 a month (average of last 12 months).  I have a long way to go.

And I use much more than Hubpages, I run a few of my own sites, so don't think I'm making $50 a month on Hubpages, I'm definitely not.

40. divacratus profile image88
    divacratusposted 12 years ago

I have seen a consistent rise in my Hub earnings over the months. Like already mentioned here, my aim each month is to earn more than last month. And *touchwood* it has worked out that way for me till now...

41. onlinecashdigest profile image58
    onlinecashdigestposted 12 years ago

My goal is to earn earn at least 100 USD and to increase it on a monthly basis until it would at least equal my monthly salary because I want to have a passive income that would support me even when I am not working.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)