The World Ending Tomorrow

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (132 posts)
  1. ahostagesituation profile image80
    ahostagesituationposted 12 years ago

I'm very excited about the post-rapture looting on Sunday. As I am fairly certain I have zero chance of going home to Jesus tomorrow...in case that happens does that count as Family Medical Leave for work?  Is it an excused absence?

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it should at least qualify as a personal day?  lol

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Okay, just for the fun of it. I'll agree. lol

ahostagesituationposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Alright, Cagsil...I know that one hurt you to even write so thanks!!

And, just curious....what in the world made you say that? yikes

Cagsil, I think I remember seeing something about you avoiding religious topics?  Is that right??  Actually I'm at work and should stay off forums and fb...just couldn't resist ;-).

I don't avoid religious topics. Actually, quite opposite. I am disturbed by the irrationality of religious topics.
                I would say, if your work is finished, then being here is okay. If not, then I would say you're a slacker. smile

Ha!  Cagsil, I'm a New Age slacker, and we like to be called 'multi-taskers.' :-)

Oh, so you're saying that you are a multi-tasker? Did you know that approximately 60% of people believe they are good multi-taskers, yet when actually in motion, of that 60%- less than 10% of them are successful? lol lol

So, even if you think you're good at it, facts say it's less likely. tongue

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol you're funny.

3. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

man I just found out I have to take it as a personal day!

4. oldhorse profile image58
      oldhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I expect tomorrow to be an ordinary Saturday.  I wonder how many people will be disappointed to wake up to a normal day on Sunday.

5. edhan profile image37
      edhanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, it is 22 May 2011. Guess the prediction is not coming true this time.

2. sabrebIade profile image78
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

Wouldn't it just blow everyone away if it DID happen, and the people raptured were all the people that tried to do good in their lives?
    Not religious people, but people that tried to help and make a difference because they just thought it was the right thing to do.
    Race, sex, creed, religion (or lack of), sexual orientation, age, none of that mattered at all.
    God just wanted the good people.
    Talk about the wailing and gnashing of teeth of those left behind....

lol lol lol

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

But if that happened, no one that played hookey that day would go as we all know there is no excuse for skipping work or school and is not the right thing to do.  Especially if we tried to count it as a medical leave day!

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Today! 21st here already. New Zealand is going early I hear! smile

Hey Earnest, any signs of an Earthquake? lol

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not yet Cags! lol lol lol

cool

2. profile image0
          Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

there was an earthquake at my house in QLD, Australia.  5x 8-year-olds running around doing a treasure hunt

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Goodbye, Earnest - I reckon you only have a few hours left.  It's been good knowing you, though! 

You might put in a good word with God for me as that's probably the only way I'll see Him....

lol lol lol

2. earnestshub profile image80

Fear not my dear wilderness, I am still here, and from what I've been told I will be around till October like the rest of us sinners. smile
        It is only the very very worthy who are leaving us in a puff of fantasy. smile

I will let you know when Australia gets hit so you have time to plat the dogs tail, or whatever else takes your fancy. smile

1. wilderness profile image94

Hang on, Earnest!  Just a few more hours and you will have saved the world from otherwise certain destruction.

I may even plat the dogs tail as a sign of my gratitude to you.  The neighbors dog, not mine - I only have a cat and doubt he would appreciate being platted.

3. profile image0

is it supposed to be a rapture that rolls with the timezones?

Apparently.  I would assume that it will not be caused by planetary collision - that would seem to take a little less time than the 24 hours it will actually take.

But don't worry - Earnestshub is going to save us all by reporting in every few minutes.  If he doesn't, you might want to plat your dogs tail.  Or something. smile

5. earnestshub profile image80

Anyone heard from Camping or any of the other religiously demented?

Not me. lol

2. sabrebIade profile image78
      sabrebIadeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It should start about 6:00 in NZ.
      He said it will move with the time zones, so we get to see it coming.
      8:08 am there now, so you have some time.

Thanks for letting me know that, I have 6 am here so plenty of time left to convert. lol

6. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

I can't watch NBA on Sunday anymore???

It's Oprah's fault..

7. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

MAY---22nd-2011

International Eat Crow Day!

I also found recipes online for those to properly cook their crow.
    Crow Busters: Recipes

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5068713_f248.jpg

8. ahostagesituation profile image80
    ahostagesituationposted 12 years ago

LOL!  Rapture days and Mondays always get me down.

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh God, S.J., you're the sh*t!!!  I miss you so much-and should have met you in S.F., but we certainly can hope that we'll hang together in the afterlife.

Laurel!! I miss you too!  If you are EVER in the city please drop me a line and I'll try to get where you are. And, well, my co-workers are under the impression that I'm the only one among them with a shot of being "taken-up," so they've asked that I throw them some sunblock.  I guess my chances are getting slimmer as I spent the better part of the day on the unit singing "Hangin' around, nuthin I can do but frown. Rapture Days and Mondays always get me down" to the tune of that song by the Carpenters. Seriously, I really do try to be respectful of everyone's beliefs, or at least their right to believe what they want, but this freedom of speech thing is getting out of hand!  Either that, or we are allowing Dementia patients TOO much idle time, and not enough sedatives.

Ah, the Carpenters!  My question to you, S.J., is why do your pals from work think they need sunblock when YOU'RE the one flying up, up and away to your exalted status?

Hey, babe-I'll definitely let you know if I come your way.  Even if we're both dead-what a party we would have-eh?

smile

1. CMHypno profile image83
            CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suppose the rapture brings a whole new meaning to the song 'I'm on the top of the world looking down on creation' LOL smile

2. ahostagesituation profile image80

The sunblock was for the fires of hell, which I don't believe in...and UV rays from fire??? No.  In the end I DID end up being raptured.  But it was by Jesus from Home Depot...I don't think it counts.

Yes, I did just say that.  I'm Blaxican, I say what I want. wink.

Favorite post from FB was one of my friends posting Anita Baker's "Caught Up in the Rapture of You."  Cute.

You're still here too, right??  I'm taking a census, JUST in case.

I've been full of jokes, and should ease up.  I guess there were some people who really believed it was true, and I kinda feel bad about that.

9. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Beach day!
    big_smile

10. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/hillaryx2/rapture.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/trochon1/flyingnun3.jpg 
    http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k208/mysmyrrh/sa16.gif

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n491/skywalkr16/Lukes%20GIFS/peterpanflyingcircle.gif

Anyone who isn't airborne by this time tomorrow night needs to come back to the forums and start posting forum-party food pictures.

You Lisa, are ready for the rapture, looking at your post...smile

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I may be sort of ready; but I'm pretty certain I'm getting left on Earth.  Damn!!!   mad   Earth.  Earth.  Earth.  All there ever is is having two feet on the ground on plain, old, Earth.    (Oh well...  Maybe when the soothsayer, or whatever he is, gives us a updated date I'll get to fly.   hmm  )

11. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 12 years ago

Settle all bills before the end. Pay by check! (postdated) lol

12. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Dang, that'll really mess up my plans for tomorrow night! I'm supposed to go to a big bash with a live band!

My local news said, "6:00 p.m."   I assume that's Eastern, Daylight-Savings, Time.    (They did point out that this clown - oops, I mean, soothsayer (or whatever) - was wrong about his 1994 prediction.)  There's still hope for that big bash.   smile  (Are there still "soothsayers" around?   lol  lol  )

13. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

Just so you know, I'm going to break into all your houses after you get "called up" and take your booze.

You mean I can't take my black label with me?  I ain't going!

If you stop by, I'll share a glass with you, though.  Even some ice if it hasn't all melted. smile

Why would the ice melt?  Are we expecting the fires of Hell and that sort of thing AS WELL AS the whole flying thing?  Why didn't someone tell me that!    I was thinking the hills (and everything else) were going to "ablaze with the sound of music".  Hell fire is a whole-nother-thing.  hmm

Well, I've kind of assumed that if the righteous are going up, the rest of us damned souls will be starting our punishment.

Personally I like the sound of music better than hell fire, so maybe I'll opt for that choice.  Maybe I can keep my ice that way, too, if the zombies don't snatch it. And if Shadesbreath leaves me any. smile

1. Friendlyword profile image60
            Friendlywordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Heven't you heard of the Prophet CUTIS MAYFIELD! If there's a hell below, we all gonna go! (but, pack a fan and a sweater, just in case he's wrong.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2cTc7Do … detailpage

14. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 12 years ago

I haven't read much about this prediction, per se, but aren't a bunch of folks ready to imbibe some Kool-Aid or something?

They won't need to get involved with Kool-Aid or anything like that, lorlie.  They're supposed to be sucked up into the sky (well, the ones that are chosen).  However, you may have seen that earnesthub has been our man on  watch in the Southern Hemisphere (because the end of the world is supposed to come in waves starting there, and eventually reaching here at 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Savings Time)   lol  .  So anyway, Earnest has been on watch.  He says it's now past 6:00, and nothing has happened.  (Most likely, the world end won't be rolling across the Earth on the 21st.  smile  )

This pretty much shows the kind of thing that will happen:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtpYzeBn … re=related     smile

1. profile image0

It's 6 pm now from where I am in Qld, Australia. It's a few hours later than that in New Zealand

2. lorlie6 profile image72

Doesn't flying require some sort of 'substance'-other than Ms. Martin's ropes, of course?  Well, the poor woman wasn't able to experience such rapture.  Poor dear thing. smile

15. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

its offical, Fox had the Guy on and he said 6:00 west coast (Pacific Time), and a Giant earthquake takes the US out.

9:00pm Nashville Time!   

it's 1:44am here and on the corner two blocks down from our Building on 2nd ave, 2 guys are selling Get out of hell free cards! better hurry, only a few left!

Oh - I'm so confused.   Our Boston news said 6:00 p.m. too.  I thought the world end was supposed to come in waves as each place reached 6:00 (which I suppose would free up sky space for all those flying corpses and whatever).  Oh well, go buy your get-out-of-Hell card before it's too late!

1. dutchman1951 profile image59

yep. got em, two for one special, 19.95!

Say on the back of the Tickets; small print:
        sanctity not gauranteed to barrer of this note, Identification required...?

16. dutchman1951 profile image59

There was a young man from Soul
    Who tried the redimer role
    He prayed to air
    as he sat in his chair
    and all the Kid got, was Old!

17. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

ROFLMAO!  Funny bunch here.  Advisory: It's always 'tomorrow' somewhere on earth... so much for predicting events on the morrow. 
    Planning to attend the post-rapture party on FaceBook on Sunday. 

Should I sell off my belongings to have my truck plastered with signs reading, "Nyah, nyah, nyah--I told you so, I told you so!"  ?? 

Sorry--sarcasm and irreverence are two of my greatest talents.  tongue

DzyMisLizzy, earnesthub has already notified us that all is when well (and past 6:00) in the Southern Hemishere.   Whew!!

2. dutchman1951 profile image59

Like the song says; it's 5:Oclock some where!

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
        DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, right on, dutchman!  Pass me a cool one!  ;-)

Passes one to Dzy, slides a lounger over for a seat

enjoy Diz

18. halfpinoy profile image62
    halfpinoyposted 12 years ago

Maybe God txted them that it will gonna end tomorrow..lol!

Oh noooo, now we got texts from God!!!!!!

and I thought the  Jesus Toast was too much...lolol

19. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgcy-V6YIuI
    "The End of the World" (and a hair-do well worth seeing, to boot)

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What Religion will be disappointed again, tomorrow morning?

I can't keep up with all the death threats from so many of them.

You of course know, Castlepaloma, that every single religion is spot-on right.  About everything.  Think of Jamestown and all, Mr. Jim Jones was such a genius and overall gifted and kind soul!!  Oh, and all those end of the world soothsayers on every street corner and freeway offramp.. smile

In The Absence Of Reason, Only Evil Remains

More people have been murdered in the name of God than for any other reason, Jim Jones is barely a drop in the bucket. More wars have been fought over religion, more than any other reason. Nine times out of ten wars is murder in a uniform, yes fight the good fight, onward Christian soldiers.

Nuclear war is the greatest threat to mankind, what Christian President gets to hold the red button today.

If God is all loving,  there is no reason God would destroy his creation along with his co creators. Why would God have a lottery on just for a few choosen Christians, to sit by his side in heaven, to smile down on hell.

Wail billions of us and our families burn, cry, burn, scream and be tortured for eternity without any kind of grace or integrity about it

Do you have any good reason why only your God would end the world too?

20. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 12 years ago

Hey, I'm not complaining. My end of the world in 2012 hub is finally getting some decent traffic. wink

For all these extremely righteous people, getting it extremely wrong by threading the end of the world .Must be a sign that the Churches are desperate for new membership

The Hell on earth they create is just not enough; I could be on fire today and may still think hell is implausible,

After this, there is STILL 2012, that BURNS.

1. profile image0
        Hovalisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, let's just say my end of the world in 2012 hub was written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I don't belive it for a minuite, any more than I did with they Y2K bug. Couldn't convince people there was no problem there even when I'd spent months doing Y2K compliance and all they had done was listen to the media. smile

It's a nice sunny day Sunday here in Sydney, and the world still hasn't ended. Maybe it was a quiet rapture and lots of people will be reported missing on Monday when we go back to work. wink

What a lousy Monday this will be, when so many of them just missed their chance for extreme happiness everyday forever in the sky.

Just wait, after the hangover they will take it out harder on us as Satan’s children

21. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

late afternoon now here in China and the world just ended.  Nobody left here now except us sinners having a party because all the nob-ends have been sucked in !

Good to have someone in China weigh in.   smile  So far, things are looking OK.  Southern Hemisphere, New England, California....)  We need some people in India to weigh in.    Does anyone know how Iceland and Uruguay are doing?

22. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

I read a newspaper article this morning where a couple in the US who work for some god-squad radio station told their 16 year old daughter that she probably wouldn't being going to heaven with them in the rapture. The poor kid said that it had taken her some time to get her head around but now she accepted that her mother is right.

The scary thing is that these people think that they are good people! In my books this is bullying and akin to child abuse. What parent scares their child like that and what person is so arrogant that they think they can tell another person what their status in any possible after-life will be!

1. Corrie Lamprecht profile image60
      Corrie Lamprechtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If I was the daughter, I would have answered them back "In that case, don't come back to my Earth on Sunday"  Yea,how stupid can people be?

2. Lisa HW profile image63

A year or so ago I was on a site, and a twelve-year-old kid came on, saying he was worried about 2012 and wanted people's opinions about it.  He said he really see the point of things like school work or thinking about his own future.  I could tell from his post that it was most likely a very "legitimate" post.  It was really disturbing to see this kid looking to people outside his own circle for their version of whether or not the world was going to end. 

Well...   I was six years old in the Catholic Church when a priest stood up there and said how anyone who wasn't Catholic was going to hell.  Plain and simple.  My mother was Protestant.  Her father and siblings were too.  I didn't know what Jewish was, but I knew there was such a thing as Jewish people.  It really bothered me that he said that; and I remember sitting there, mentally "scanning" the world, and thinking, "No.  God wouldn't send such nice, kind, people to hell just because they're Protestant."  At six years old I decided priests didn't know what they were talking about.  I think, maybe, I HAD to form that conclusion because what he'd said was so disturbing to a child.  Of course, as far as I know (I left as soon as I was old enough to), the Catholic Church has dialed back some of that kind of talk since then.  This other stuff that's big these days - yes, that's child abuse.    The difference between someone like that girl you described and me is that I had two parents who weren't saying that stuff.  It was an "outsider" (the priest) who said it.  When you're parents drum that stuff into you, that's a whole other thing.

1. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't agree more Lisa. I have one catholic and one protestant parent, and was always viewed with some suspicion at my catholic schools because of this. I remember that we even sang a hymn at school that had some lines about how glorious our fate would be if we ended up being butchered for our faith like the catholic martyrs. Even at a young age I thought no way, my skin stays intact!

23. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I'm a Christian, and I believe in Heaven and that Jesus will someday return to earth. According to the Bible, however, not even Jesus will know when that day will be. Why does some nut think that God would tell him the plan when it hasn't even been shared with Christ??

Most Christian believes most people will be going to hell. What is the difference between predicting time after time the end of the world throughout our lifetime than frighten new memberships into church by threats of Hell?

Living in fear is no way to live life in peace and sharing fully with all our fellow man and all their different ways of thinking.

Ignore me if you’re  group must, yet there is no ignoring people changing spiritually rather than Religious bulling , no ignoring more kindness and love rather than more Religions.

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Please show me where I've ever threatened anyone with hell. I'm not sure I believe in hell. The word comes from "sheol," which is Hebrew for "grave" or "place of the dead."

Don't group me with Christians who are judgmental and spread hate and fear. That's not me. In my opininion, Christians do better to inspire by example: help the poor, feed the hungry, and comfort the sick.

I was not pin pointing you per say , when I said most Christian believe most people will be going to hell. Most do predict  the end of the world Only twenty percent of those surveyed did not believe the Rapture Theory to be Biblical.Yet is written and word is truth in the bible. They cited reasons such as, "The Rapture teaches a 'secret second coming' of Christ. There will only be a judgment in the end.

I could not be part  of any  type of Christian road record  as for being my  example , I can honest say I don't  understand christian threats and ignorance to other ways of thinking

24. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 12 years ago

All I know is I am still here !

25. Jule Romans profile image96
    Jule Romansposted 12 years ago

I'm with Habee!

26. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 12 years ago

Why is it on a Saturday?

Couldn't it be a Monday?

...and what happened to the Mayan 2012 end of the world?

It's like the yellow orange and red alert signs of Iraqis attacking Amercans. When not one Iraqi has ever a attacked a single American on American soil.

It’s like God disguised as General Chicken Little, it scare the hell into all the people and give them the right for the fake Chicken Little to kill a million Iraqi on their soil

Same deal, Sorry again to bust so many bubbles of ignorance

27. sabrebIade profile image78

Randy "The Macho Man " Savage went to heaven on Friday and convinced God to hold off.
    Really, how could Harold Camping have foreseen the intervention of the Macho Man?
    Ohhhhh Yeeeeeeah!

1. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Power to the Slim Jim!

28. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Well its gone 6pm here in the UK and everything seems to much like any other Saturday evening!

29. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

I just noticed that my views have been stuck for a hour or son on 90,000 plus 666

I think I hear the zombies outside now.

Are they flying zombies?

What are the robots doing, ? trying to clean up endless firey mess, and firing at the red dragons.

Man, I'm glad I only did orange sunshine acid once.

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

that reminds me of something craaazy I saw posted the other day on Facebook from the CDC social media blog - How to Prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp 

we live in crazy times. Kind of reminds me of some of my teenage 'hazy' days..

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/images/zombieblog_photo4.jpg

30. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Don't you just HATE when this happens?!!
    Dang, now we have to wait till 2012.
    I didn't get the kit and I was NOT prepared for this! sad

How can you make a plan, when the only result can be is give it all up for Jesus and avoid hell. We can't hide like insect from God's wrath

BS,Just Bring it, I am ready for all those flaming BSers right now!!!!

2. wilderness profile image94

Then it sounds like you really lucked out - better get that kit and be prepared!

Although...it is not 6PM yet...CAN I MAKE MY OWN KIT????? lol

When does it get to be 6pm Wilderness? It's Sunday 22nd here and 9am. smile

I have but one hour to live.  Minus 8 minutes.  I believe I hear the underground rustlings even now as they begin knocking the caskets apart and tunneling up towards me.  Woe!  Woe is me!

I jump, but cannot fly. sad

You need to move further from the cemetery Wilderness! lol lol

2. Druid Dude profile image61
            Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"GOL DANG! Did you see the size a that ROOSTER!?" From the movie"Young Guns" and "shhhh! They caint see us, cause we're in the SPIRIT world!" These some how seem to fit. These were some of the lines while Billy and his krew were hallucinating on Peyote.  I intend to keep writing in Heaven (or Hell), so, remember to look for my "I'm In Hippy Heaven Post End Of The World Special" which I intend to start as soon as I get to the othe

Druid? Druid?  DRUID DUDE!  COME BACK!

1. Druid Dude profile image61
                Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OK I'm back! JC told me this took three days! What's that, J? Oh.  Three days OLD CALENDAR. I better set my watch.  See you guys in eternity.

3. Castlepaloma profile image75

Ok send me the zombie kit

I'll pay tomorrow

Only four minutes left to make payment in California. smile

Aw, Hell, I'll take my chances without, it's cold in Vancouver.

31. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 12 years ago

I left cookies and milk out for jesus (brown nosing.")
    They and I were still here this AM! Jesus never came! sad
    I poured the milk on some cereal for brkfast.
    Gonna save the cookies till later with coffee..."happy hour" ya know.
    Another day in paradise! smile:
    Qwark

32. DNemesis profile image59
    DNemesisposted 12 years ago

I would love it if a major news source re-interviews this guy (the horse's mouth) once he truly realizes nothing ever happened. AGAIN. Someone must put him on the spot and ask the tough questions.

I wonder what his excuses will be this time....
    God works in mysterious ways? we miscalculated? Ummm...yeah, havent heard those before.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image84

Yep--heard it all before, and many variations on the theme.  Such as Sarah Winchester believing she wouldn't die as long as the sound of hammering never stopped, so she added to her house incessantly with carpenters on duty 24/7.
      Would have been an interesting deathbed interview at the point she actually realized she was on her way out... "So, now, Mrs. Winchester, what say you about hammering for immortality?"

33. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years ago

Any spontaneous combustion happening yet?  No puffs of carbon here in Missouri as of yet.wink

34. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

keep on dancin till the world ends, world ends, world ends...

35. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Hubby just came in and told me Iceland's Grimsvotn volcano is erupting. Rut-roh!! lol

36. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

It's the end of the world as we know it .. and I feel FINE!!!
    Does that mean I a Rapture reject? roll

37. earnestshub profile image80

The dastardly dance of death and destruction for we pitiful non believers has past........ as it has for the holier than thou megalomanic religionists who have just had another bubble burst on their obnoxious fairy tale.

38. sabrebIade profile image78

Okay...I'm calling it.
    9:06 EST....nothing happened.
    Actually a pretty nice day here in PA.

and now to hear the excuses from Mr.Camper.

He has stolen millions and trampled lives with his nonsense.
      Should he be in the slammer for his fraud?

1. sabrebIade profile image78
        sabrebIadeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL...I was just thinking Earnest, you know that you and I have pretty much rode this story down since yesterday evening.
        Well it was evening here at least.
        Let's do it again on December 20th 2012.
        Kinda like Hubpages Action News team!

You know me. If it sounds a bit scary, count me in. smile

39. DzyMsLizzy profile image84

After 7:00 P.M. PDT, and all is well.  Repeat, ALL IS WELL!! 

Hey, guess the self-styled "prohpets" are BUSTED once again!!
    DUH!

Just had a 19-year-old acquaintance on FaceBook state that in his lifetime, he's already seen 3 of these nonsense predictions. 

Apparently, some people (or groups of people) NEVER LEARN!!  And the lesson to be learned?  Just this:  if you want to believe in such nonsensical tripe, do so in private, and keep it to yourself.  At least, that way when you are wrong YET AGAIN, maybe you at least escape having egg on your face!

Reporting from Vancouver Canada
      No Red Dragons or Flying Zombies in sight
      Lots of factory and drug out Zombies on East Hastings Street, None of them will fly, a few are one step from 6 feet under, no further.

Sorry to disappoint religious gamblier looking for a better life somewhere in the sky, Looks like your stuck with us normal people untill the next false alarm hits in 2012

40. salt profile image60
    saltposted 12 years ago

Umm, I think the world ended last week, yet no-one told us! Oh well, seems ok anyway. If the world has already ended, then what do we do if we dont have the fear of that ending.

41. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 12 years ago

Perhaps only the preacher got raptured, or maybe he wasn't as innocent as he thought and got left behind as well......

42. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

12:02 here in S.C. on May 22 and the world continues to keep right on a-spinnin'...

Happy May 22, everyone.   Now all we need to do is wait out the next baloney prediction (the whole 2012 thing).   hmm  (Of course, there is the matter of that small earthquake in San Francisco.  I wonder if it had anything to do with all the HubPages forum jokes about May 21.   hmm    smile  )

43. dutchman1951 profile image59

3.6 quake in San Fran tonight?  Lucky Guess..?

hope every one is ok, news said no damage to speak of or injuries

Did not feel a thing in Vancouver, only hot air from online.

good, thought it was an odd article, was woundering if it was planted because of all of this garbage about end of world stuff

Sadly, more people are moved by fear than by love

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image84

Not even newsworthy.  A 3.6 is not even "feelable" unless you're sitting right on top of the epicenter, and sitting still at the time.  Would barely tickle a cat's paws.
      And it wasn't in S.F.  It was across the bay, 2.3 miles south south-east of Hercules, which is approximately 20  miles northeast of SF (as the crow flies)  on the far western edge of Conta Costa County. 
      Check out my article here on why CA earthquakes shouldn't terryify you, for an explanation of magnitude readings.  ;-)

44. DzyMsLizzy profile image84

As for the whole end-of-the-world prediction scenarios that seem to crop up from time to time, here is a copy/paste of my post at the "Post Rapture Party" on FaceBook:

"Hate to say to all those folks, but cannot resist..."Told ya so! Told ya so!" NOW will you believe this is an unknowable and unpredictable event/date???

"HOW many such failed "predictions" will it take to convince these...fopdoodles to cease their continual bloring and rest easy until their chair days are upon them, and leave the rest of us out of their teenful maledictions. I snirtle at them all.

"(Note: to decipher the apparent 'nonsense' words I've used, you'll need to refer to the book, "Poplollies and Bellibones--A Celebration of Lost Words.") :-D "

I figured HP, among other wordsmiths,  is a better place to attempt levity with oddball words.

;-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)