Seeing Red

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Williamjordan profile image59
    Williamjordanposted 12 years ago

It has bee said that the Changes where necessary clean up Hub pages well I just spent forty- eight hours reviewing my hubs and debating staying on at Hub pages what I have learned has me up set I have found about 15 substandard hubs that I wrote when I was just putting out anything the moderators haven touch them. But my best performing Hubs the moderator have been all over them but I move them to squidoo and in less than 24 hours they are featured. Yes I have deleted them from Hub pages along with the substandard work the moderators some how missed. I am feeling a little betrayed by Hub pages.

Williamjordanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Someone flagged my Hud God awarness for Christian I resubmitted yesteday now they saying it's a duplicate this bull------------- How can this continue to happen ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
      seeing blood red

2. Garrett Mickley profile image79
    Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years ago

I don't mean to be picky, but your grammar might be a big part of it.

The reason is this: a lot of spammers use "spun content", which means that they write (or have someone write) one article, then use software to switch out words with their synonyms, making an "infinite" amount of articles that are all "different".

A smart spammer would make sure that all of their spins are grammatically correct.

Many are lazy and don't care.  What happens then, is they get a bunch of grammatically poor articles and post them to sites like Hubpages and Squidoo.  When Google sees large amounts of bad grammar like that, the website they are posted on (such as Hubpages) loses credibility in Google's eyes, and now EVERYONE who uses the site has to suffer the penalty of those spammers with bad grammar.

You don't look like a spammer to me, but your grammar could use work.

I except the grammar being a problem what I don't understand is Hubs that are generating traffic being graded extra hard why there is work that should have been removed that was not and still has not been mention it all gone now I am deleting it all Hub pages is looking scam like to me if they could make money it did not matter call a spade spade a spade

2. melpor profile image91
      melporposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Garett's comment. Do not blame hubpages when they flagged hubs that are clearly substandard. They are simply trying to help the writers improve the quality of their hubs. When hubs are flagged as substandard they are substandard. It is difficult to read and understand them when they are considered to be substandard.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Garrett Mickley, at least you have the courage to call it as you see it.

4. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 12 years ago

I have seen the 'bad grammar' of other hubbers NOT penalized, so many people get mixed messages at best when they happen to be in the line of fire. You Could say that was in the past, but I've seen it pretty recently too.  I see why some may get discouraged. I understand HP is working hard to fix it all too.

5. Williamjordan profile image59

While I am airing it out all you copy cats on Hub pages who take others article and change the title in correct the grammar and write as your own find a new trick this one want be around.

6. Williamjordan profile image59

feel better now been wanting too say that for along time  been laughing wondering if you knew any one noticed

7. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

The two things you've managed to do is prove that HP operational procedures are out of whack. Which, actually isn't any different than what many other hubbers have been talking about recently.

However, if you have substandard hubs and YOU know they are substandard, yet you and HP leaves them up, is not a good sign. I will admit HP is having problems, but it begs to question-

What is your problem? HP's is understandable, but what is your excuse for leaving up substandard material? Why haven't you taken them down sooner? Why haven't you moderated your own work?

You don't have to answer of those questions. I am just pointing out what appears obvious to me, but might not be to you.

Just a thought.

you are o so right

8. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

To be honest, William, I don't really see how you can argue with HP over this.  As has been hightlighted by other hubbers, your hubs have lots of basic spelling and grammatical errors in them - some of them even have these problems in the title.

9. Williamjordan profile image59

some of you miss the point this is not about complaining if they are substandard flagged them but don't be selective I have switched to Google chrome spelling will improve working on grammar  it's the fact that Hub pages is very selective and flagging leaving up bad work of some Authors in flagging their good work so copy cats can tweaked the title and when you correct they say it's a duplicate. My grammar need and improving but I have Top Ranked Article on several sites at this time I have found a niche. Plus I manged six blogs that have excellent traffic. These sites grade the work before they let you publish it works better for me maybe I see you fellows at the top.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying William, that other hubbers have been reading your hubs, and then correcting them and reposting them as their own work?

yes

1. IzzyM profile image87

That is shocking - I'd name and shame them. It shouldn't be too hard to see your original and compare it to their copy.

2. Garrett Mickley profile image79
          Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You should point this out to us.  I would like to see these copiers.  If they're copying you, they may also be copying others, too.

10. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

If Hub members are stealing other members stuff and reposting on Hubpages- then these people do not need to be outed, but do need to be dealt with. Meaning, immediately report(flag) the profile to HP staff, for copied material.

This should get the account banned and/or the material at least unpublished.

1. IzzyM profile image87

No I think it needs to come to the forums. William has already said "leaving up bad work of some Authors in flagging their good work so copy cats can tweaked the title and when you correct they say it's a duplicate" which suggests to me his own work has been getting flagged as duplicate after he has corrected the grammar in his own hubs. Maybe he doesn't know who is copying him?

William, if you have any of those hubs left, put a line or two into google and add the word Hubpages and see what comes up.

1. Cagsil profile image72
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nothing good comes from outing the person and probably has nothing to do with other hubbers. Mentioning in the forums isn't actually a need. Not to mention, the negative attention it brings. Flag the profile, tell HP why you flagged it. If that doesn't get it removed, then file a DMCA with HP and see how they like it? Probably won't.
        If he does know, all that needs to happen is as I said to begin with.

11. Williamjordan profile image59

I did it this way because I am some what to blame i just wanted to write and the beginning know it's matter it's my work I am still a work in progress the forums let you vent and get answers that's the best way these guys no who they are they will have too look else where know the whole community is aware. My account is slimmer but better all's well

12. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

The HubPages Terms of Use prohibit harassment and the like against other Hubbers. Unproven claims of plagiarism could easily violate the TOS. HubPages has a clear procedure for filing DMCA complaints, simply click the "copyright" link on any page. Anything else, contact HubPages and ask them to investigate.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)