O'Bama plays race card in Ireland

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Anyone else notice Obama and Michelle coiffing GUINNESS stout in a pub in Ireland?
    Black Irish having some good craic.

The guy just can't resist playing that race card wherever he goes, can he?

Note to those who might be confused here:
    I decided the best defense is a good offense. I'm going to start posting really ridiculous Obama criticisms. My HOPE is that mine will out-ridiculous even the most ardent Obaminators'.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess you remember me telling you this.....That mad Irishman  O'Bama ate my dog!

2. Mister Veritis profile image60
      Mister Veritisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He is absolutely shameless! And this was nicely humorous. Bravo to you!

3. uncorrectedvision profile image60
      uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you know how many more calories there are in a Guinness than a Miller Lite?

4. uncorrectedvision profile image60

Here is something for a little irony and trivia - The country with the highest per capita Guinness consumption is Nigeria.

5. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He has a relative from Ireland.  That is funny now that I see the source!

6. profile image0
      Texasbetaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The funny thing is this isn't as ridiculous as some of them. The outlandishly nuts, the people who when you really get to talking to them, you decide their kid can't play with yours...all got internet and pissed at the same time, when the black guy won with the Muslim name. The norm today when dealing with conservatives is almost like a cartoon. Some days, I can't believe it is real.

7. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

FIRST MISCONCEPTION: Barack Hussein Obama is not an Islamic name. Barack is from the Old Testament. Hussein is Kurdish, and Obama, while supposedly an african name, seems to appear in Japan, of all places.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You see, this plot was actually hatched in the final days of WW2, for a quick check on Google will reveal Obama Hot Springs. I believe it is near Nagasaki. Ahhh! The deviousness of the Japanese mind. He is obviously one of their secret androids about to launch to take over THE WORLD!                       Beat that.

Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah. But were the springs hot before Nagasaki... or only after? roll

Does it really matter?

The guy is obviously some form of dangerous android as Druid Dude pointed out, and when I examine his face closely I can see he is Japanese!
            Nothing gets past the Druid Dude.

Ya don't get to be a Druid with just a university degree ya know!

You noticed those distinctly Asian features, too?
              I could take this in a really racist direction, but I will refrain....

Druid Dude is a sage.

2. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 12 years ago

No MM, they'll just suck them up and add them to their list of ridiculous claims.

3. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 12 years ago

I wonder why everyone who visits Ireland is expected to drink Guinness in front of the cameras.  The Queen was also given a glass on her recent visit, however she declined to drink it.  I think the Queen is more of a sweet sherry woman.  It was good to see Ireland having two important visitors in one week.

It was nice to see the Queen visit Ireland. That was historic.
      I thought her kelly green coat and hat were a bit over the top, but compared to some of the get-ups at Harry's wedding, at least it was tasteful.

Good point about the Guinness.
      The irony there (at least in my limited experience) is that natives much prefer Budweiser!
      Perhaps official visitors should be given a choice of a Guinness (admittedly an acquired taste) or a shot of Jameson's or Bushmill's.
      Just a thought...

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just thought I'd correct you there, it was Prince William who got married not Harry.
        But you are correct - some of the outfits were outrageous.

*doh*
          I knew that! roll
          My excuse is that I actually stayed up till 1am to watch it live -- only to realize (to my chagrin) that it was on 24/7 all weekend, too.
          William. And Kate Middleton.
          Harry was the best man.
          Pippa was the maid of honor.
          It's all coming back to me now....

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60

How about a little Powers or Tulamore.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is wonderful for Ireland.  To bad that is not the real focus.

4. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 12 years ago

That just makes me sick, how about drinking some chocolate milk with your breakfast too. Because plain old white milk just won't do.

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Right! Obama hates white! He hates everything white!
    Here are 10 "FACTS" that prove my point:

1. He will not drink milk unless it has Quick in it.
    2. He will not eat Wonderbread, only pumpernickel.
    3. He will not eat rice unless it is brown (actually, that's a Michelle requirement, as brown rice is much healthier).
    4. He brings his own dark towels to hotels.
    5. Ever wonder why he doesn't play tennis? Obvious.
    6. Look at what color dog he got.
    7. Angel food or devil's food cake? No contest there.
    8. He will not touch mayonnaise, sour cream or cream cheese
    9. Everyone knows he cannot tolerate clouds unless they are thunderbumpers.
    10. And his intentions for our country?
             Permanent midnight, baby.

Yup, it's indisputable.

It sure is!

He hates black as well!

I dunno how he can live with himself! smile

Ain't THAT the truth!!???
        As evil and America-hating as that man is, how can he live with himself?
        I, for one, am tired of defending the man. He is simply not worthy. sad!!!

2. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And don't forget, MM: Obama doesn't represent white Americans after Labor Day!

BTW, love the "O'Bama" thing. Perfect for the Erin visit.

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago
  7. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 12 years ago

Here Here MM!!! Like your style.

8. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 12 years ago

I heard he also hates Blacks, whites, Asians, Islanders, Africans, Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Paraguans, Congans, Brazilians, Chilians, Venezuelians, the English, The Frence (Who doesn't?), Belgum, The Swiss, Norwegians, Scandanavians, Polish, Serbians, Russians, Antarticans and their stupid penguins, Mongols, Chinese, Japanese, Italians, Germans, Thai, Koreans, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Austrailians, Albainians, Indians (Dot and feather), Tongans, Somalians, Lybians, Egyptians, Jews, Catholics, Bhudists, Hindus, Muslims (Suni and Shiite), Baptists, Anglicans, Bahai, The curch of England, Meathodists, Mormons, Pentacostals, Evangelicals, Jehovas witnesses, Athiests, Humanists, Agnostics, Democrats, Republicans, indapendent, Liberatarians, Whigs, The Green party, The Tea Party, and the Dutch. 

That's all I can think of for now. Oh yeah, and Pygmies.

Thank you for the full list.

I was not aware he also hated the pygmies, but that makes sense to me as well. smile

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And people with beards.

Damn!

I didn't see Aussies or Kiwis on that list.

We are there. smile I read the post.

How can anyone hate Aussies or Kiwis? They are so cheerful and fun-loving.
            That's really harsh.
            But I have no doubt that if anyone could hate people like Earnest and Eagle and Agvulpes, et al, it would be Obama.
            He probably hates kangaroos and their joeys, too.

P.S. I do want the answers to UCV's questions.
            How many more calories does a Guinness have than a Miller Lite?
            Then again, who cares? You never hear them prescribing Miller Lite for pregnant women, do you?

And Nigeria, really? Are you sure it's not Kenya? You know, O'Bama's native land lol

1. CMHypno profile image83
              CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Guinness is supposed to be good for you - lots of iron. Over here in the UK (going back a few years) anaemic women or people who were run down were advised to drink a couple of bottles of stout a week to keep their strength up.

Hey, that's right isn't it against the "rules" for a Muslim to drink alcohol?  Guinness has alcohol in it I can attest to that.  But I would like a nice whisky with just a little water to loose the nose and the spirits.

Nigeria is roughly 50/50 Muslim and Christian.
                Must be the Christian half that is coiffing the Guinness.

I will second your attestation that Guinness has alcohol in it!
                I will NOT second your desire for a nice whiskey with a little water in it (unless you're talking about a stand-alone, non-Guinness drinking session, then it's aok).

I found out the hard way that starting one's day at the Guinness factory and ending it with the Dublin Literary Pub Crawl (switching to whiskey along the way, for authenticity) is one of those ideas that seems brilliant at the time, but...

I would really hate to see you left out.

9. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Gotta agree big time. smile

10. earnestshub profile image80

I still can't get past that he ate my dog! We hate him down here, he snubbed us in Australia after promising to come and see us, he said "Sorry, I have to stay home and fix the health bill"

He could have just come here and taken home a copy of ours, but no..... he has to revamp the old Republican plan.

11. hottopics profile image59
    hottopicsposted 12 years ago

Does this suprise anyone. Repubs are accused of playing the race card in every issue. But it is Obama that pulls that card. And his supporters all say the same thing when someone does not agree with him. " Oh you do not like it because he is a black President". I do not care if he was purple with orange and pink polka dots. His policies suck. Obama is now Irish, next time he visits Israel he will be Jewish.

1. DTR0005 profile image60
      DTR0005posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Everyone in the US is part Irish - don't think so, just go to a bar on St. Patty's Day!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This thread completely went over your head didn't it?

3. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
      DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think somebody thought he was on the Mr. V thread!

12. earnestshub profile image80

I head Obama was gonna pretend to be an Australian when he comes here. smile

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just you wait and see - I reckon he will present a long form birth cert showing he was actually born a Melbourite. .  .

Being that he is black, that would make him from the Wurundjeri, Wirundjeri, Woiworung or Woiwurrong tribes.

I'm guessing Wirundjeri myself. smile

Good call.
          He couldn't possibly be from a tribe with the word "wrong" in its name! lol

lol lol lol

You actually read my post!
            Fast wit,...... very fast wit...... smile

13. JON EWALL profile image61
    JON EWALLposted 12 years ago

hottopics

‘’next time he visits Israel he will be Jewish.’’
    I doubt that he will ever visit Israel after his speech and confrontation with the leader of the Jewish state.
    While the country is in need of leadership in these troubled times, the president and family found time for a six day vacation, paid by the us taxpayers. What a fine fellow, he really understands the peoples hurt.
    Not too long ago he chastised the auto execs for their use of private jets when their companies were going broke. We all know the great job he’s doing for the country in the eyes of his followers.SPEND,SPEND,SPEND, Mr. president when will the jobs that you promised come?

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image77

Does no one read the ENTIRE thread anymore...geez, people!

14. hottopics profile image59

Jon,

He does have a trip planned for israel later this year.

Diy,

Looks to me like everyone read the original post but you.  A reminder of the original post:

“Anyone else notice Obama and Michelle coiffing GUINNESS stout in a pub in Ireland? Black Irish having some good craic. The guy just can't resist playing that race card wherever he goes, can he?”

All the threads talk about beer and the race card like was asked by the original post.  If this is wrong, tell all of us what we missed.

Dear Hot, (if indeed you are),

This is a JOKE thread to counter all the negative Obama threads.  And I urge you to take a very large chill pill! smile

15. hottopics profile image59

DIY, First, no I am not hot. I am a former NY firefighter who at this moments is confined to bed as I rehab my lung and breathing disorder That I have as a result of my 15 years on the job, not to mention my 3 weeks spent at WTC ground zero.

Next, if this was a joke you are the only one laughing. All I asked politely was what did we miss. And how do you respond with an insult. There were many good pointed threads about beer and about playing the race card. I just point out facts, I do not take sides. The one thing I do not need in life is a chill pill, as opposed to you. I was not the one who attacked here. BTW, there is no way to make enough jokes to counter the negative about Obama.

Not wasting my breath arguing, because I see it wouldn't help.  Not trying to be insulting, but this was a thread filled with ridiculous jokes made up about Obama in response to the numerous Obama bashing ones posted here lately.  Sorry you didn't see it that way, but I think many others here did.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

16. hottopics profile image59

Not looking to argue either. I guess we just read and understood them different. Nothing wrong with that. Looking forward to more hubs and threads by you in the future

17. Maembe profile image59
    Maembeposted 12 years ago

Your criticism of Obama isn't as ridiculous as when the Right was attacking him for asking for mustard on his hamburger.  Nice try, but you'll have to work a little bit harder to top the antics of the Far Right.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)