Is anyone in the Church filled with the Holy Spirit?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (74 posts)
  1. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

As I drove to work this morning I thought in VB code

Sub Trinity()
    Do
        If Trinity_doctrine = False then
            Holy_Spirit  "3rd_Person"
            Holy_Spirit = "Gods_Power"
            If Church_doctrine = Trinity_Doctrine then
                While Church_Doctrine = Error
                    Call Baptism_Holy_Spirt
                Wend
                Number_Filled = 0
                Miracles = 0
                Dead_Raised = 0
                Speaking_Tongues = False
            End If
        End if
        Church_Generation = Church_Generation + 1
    Loop Until Church_doctrine = One_God or IsFinished(World)

If Church_doctrine = One_God then
        Call Baptism_Holy_Spirt
        If Faith >= Mustard_Seed then
            Believers_Works > Yeshuas_Works
        End If
    End If

End Sub

1. heavenbound5511 profile image65
      heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Luke 1:35 -The angel answered, "The (God's)Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.
      Matt 3:11-"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one(Jesus) who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit (God's spirit)and with fire.
      Luke 4:1  -[The Temptation of Jesus] [4:1-13pp -- Mt 4:1-11; Mk 1:12,13] Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit(the spirit of God), returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert,
      Luke 3:22 -and the Holy Spirit (God's spirit) descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
      Luke 1:67 -[Zechariah's Song] His father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit (God's spirit)and prophesied:
      Luke 10:21-At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit(God's spirit), said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
      Luke 11:13 -If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit (God's spirit)to those who ask him!"
      Mark 13:11-Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit(God's spirit).
      Luke 12:12 -for the Holy Spirit (God's spirit)will teach you at that time what you should say."
      John 20:22 -And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit( God's spirit).
      Acts 2:4 -All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
      Acts 2:38 -Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit(God's spirit).
      Acts 4:31-After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit(God's spirit) and spoke the word of God boldly.
      Acts 5:32 -We are witnesses of these things, and so is the (God's spirit)Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.
      Acts 7:51 -"You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit(GOD'S SPIRIT)!
      Acts 8:16-because the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
      Acts 10:38-how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
      1 Corinthians 12:3 -Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit(God's spirit).
      2 Corinthians 13:14-May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
      Ephesians 1:13 -And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit(God's spirit),
      Heb 3:- 7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit (God's spirit) says:
      “ Today, if you will hear His voice,
             8 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
            In the day of trial in the wilderness,
             9 Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me,
            And saw My works forty years.
             10 Therefore I was angry with that generation,
            And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,
            And they have not known My ways.’
             11 So I swore in My wrath,
      ‘ They shall not enter My rest.’”
      1 Peter 1:12 -It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.
      1 JOHN 1:4-Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
      James4:4-Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

The Holy Spirit Is God's spirit! By His spirit he leads us, comforts us, warns us, reminds us, heals us by His life giving spirit through Jesus Christ.
      As far as the miracles of God because of Jesus is all true if you would just listen to all the witnesses that testify these truths to you. People are being healed, delivered & set free everyday. It's all about who's spirit dwell in you- God's through Jesus- Or satan's spirit which is against God's spirit operating in this world!
      If you really want the spirit of God than you will accept Jesus for who & what he is your redeemer, your only salvation, the light of the world.How can you understand the things of God without entering into the things of God by His spirit? You have not because you ask not and you have found nothing because you have not seeked it in the way God has told you. God gives knowledge to those who seek & love Him- not those that are full of pride-the very thing satan was kicked out of heaven for!
      Yes God's Holy Spirit /power is in the church alive & well today accomplishing as God said His spirit would and inside all believers to enable us to do as we were called to do because we answered to God's call.God does a lot with/through people that are willing!
      God bless you! smile

2. heavenbound5511 profile image65

Hi disappearinghead-
      Here's me trying to interpret what you have shared!

We come to God(1) through Jesus(2) to receive His salvation/cleansing from sin to receive God's Holy Spirit (3)- What came to my mind w/ this is God's filter for man to come to Him to be able to receive His spirit and Jesus is our mediator.
      So through and by the spirit of God- Accepting Jesus Christ for our salvation-by the laying on of hands/prayer His spirit is received. A Church that refuses His spirit/power-leading & guiding= false.
      Church In error replacing the receiving of The Holy Spirit with baptism that is for the repentance (stop-turn away from sin)& washing away of sin through the word/knowledge of God. (Jesus is the word of God) 
      Being filled with the Holy Spirit comes from Jesus death & resurrection- that's how we all can be filled with His Holy Spirit & fire. The washing/cleansing comes right before being filled up with the Holy Spirit/God's spirit.
      These signs do follow those who believe-casting out demons-miracles-spiritual & physically brought back from the dead.
      The church that=o  on this level doesn't believe & have real faith because these signs will follow them that believe.
      When you said church doctrine = one
      that means the body of Christ will not be one until they come into one accord around the death & resurrection of Jesus. To understand that we have been commissioned By Jesus to accomplish these things but it can only be done through the same spirit of God that operates/operated  through Jesus.
      Calling all churches that bear the name of Christ into repentance and operate in true faith and do what he has called us to do - The works of Jesus.
      God's judgement always starts in the church because the church as a whole is surpressing/stopping the spirit, power & will of God. We have more power in God's strength than most realize, in the name of Jesus the gates of hell will not prevail.
      It is our job as the Body of Christ to keep our God given authority - backing off satan and his works for the sake of the people-Just as Jesus did for us we do for them in His name, spirit & power!

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
        DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Heaven...This doesn't not match Scripture...

How was Zacharias (Zechariah, depending on the bible used) filled with the Holy Spirit prior to the death and resurrection of Jesus, If what you said in the First Quote was true according to scripture?

Hi Doublescorpion!

There were people filled with God's spirit/Holy Spirit before Jesus. When Jesus died on the cross & rose from the dead God's spirit was/is available to all and there sins no longer stopped them from approaching God and receiving his spirit.
          You are talking about Luke 1:67 that I referred to.

So first let it be known this is what happened around and during Mary conceiving in  her womb,  JESUS as the Angel Gabriel had came & told her.
          So lets back it up before verse 67 of Luke 1- 1st

6 And they (Elisabeth & Zechariah) were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Not only did (Virgin)Mary conceive  miraculosy Jesus- But Elisabeth was barren/ unable to have a child & in old age and she too  miraculosy conceived John.
          13But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
          15For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
          16And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

17And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

27To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37For with God nothing shall be impossible.

67And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
          This all took place during the time of Jesus and John being conceived. This would take God's Holy Spirit/power to fill them in order for Jesus and John to be conceived.

Like I said Jesus made it so we could all receive it and not based on our own righteousness by following the laws but through the righteousness/right standing we all can have with God.

God already considered Zechariah and Elisabeth to be righteous/in right standing with God- through there obedience to the laws of God that were not based on grace, or the new covenant that God made with us through Jesus.
          So yes both are true of what you said that didn't match. Someone that pleased God and that he used to bare Jesus & John including all involved in this miracle of God were filled with His Holy Spirit before everyone else could freely receive it.
          Also those that were righteous before God -before Jesus were filled/& led by God's spirit because he could fellowship with them without this sin issue being in the way.
          After all many prophesied/by the Holy Spirit  the coming of Jesus by the spirit of God & God caused it and wanted Jesus way to be prepared so the people would recognize Jesus when He came.

I hope this makes sense to you- in that I have clarified it enough. If not let me know- I love to study it out some more if you would like!
          God bless you!

1. lizzieBoo profile image60
            lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good heavens! Do you recite all this off the top of your head? You aught to be a Shakesperean actor!

Hi LizzieBoo!

No I don't have this memorized. I just try not to leave too much out. LOL!
              smile

2. DoubleScorpion profile image77

I understand the Bible quite well...I hold a PHD in Biblical Studies...I was simply saying that the way you worded your comments was incorrect according to scriptures...Being filled with the Holy Spirit does not rely on the death and resurrection of Jesus. If it did, then those prior to his death could not have been filled with the Holy Spirit.

DoubleScorpion-What I am trying to say is before Jesus only those that were righteous as in not breaking any of the ten commandments of God were able to have His spirit- with out a sin offering/sacrifice.
              So all those that have lied,stolen,committed adultery, murder and all the rest could not receive  God's spirit because of there  unrighteousness/sins.
              Yes God gave a way around being bound to this through animal sacrifice, guilt /sin offerings.
              But now we don't need to sacrifice animals to be forgiven and to keep His spirit- Jesus is the perfect sacrifice once &for all.
              Some of most vile & worst of sinners can now receive God's Spirit now because of Jesus.
              John 1:17 KJV
              For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
              Acts 13:39
              And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
              So for everyone alive today that has committed so many sins against God Jesus is the way they are forgiven-He is there perfect sacrifice without spot or blemish.
              Matt 3:11-"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one(Jesus) who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit (God's spirit)and with fire.

Yes you are right about people having God's spirit/Holy Spirit before Jesus. Everything I put above is for those today that want His spirit today.

We cannot go back to the days of Moses before Jesus and do it that way. Now we must  repent/turn from our sins and let/trust that God's sacrifice Jesus for our sins & salvation are enough. Now we don't have to be perfect in by the law, we are under grace.

So if I ever tell a lie again Jesus covered it. Or if someone committed adultery now- they aren't to be killed but rebuked/corrected and they can be forgiven and live.
              For the wages of sin is death- Jesus paid for the wages of sin for us. So now we being imperfect can receive His spirit/Holy Spirit without condemnation.
              Jesus is our mediator between us & God because of what was done on the cross.

Yes you are right that back then that some had the spirit of God before the death & resurrection of Jesus- but for us now we have to have Jesus to have/get the Holy Spirit. 
              We are both right wink
              There was a way before Jesus to have God's Holy Spirit & Now how we can have the Holy Spirit is through the acceptance of Jesus our sacrifice for sin.- If we sacrificed animals for our sins now it would not work. Our sins have be forgiven in order to have the Holy Spirit.
              Great you have a PHD in bible studies- so you should be able to see and understand what I mean. 
              God Bless You!!

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77

I understand exactly what you are trying to say. You are saying the same things that many others have stated. And to be clear I have not stated anything. I am not looking to be right or wrong. My opinions and beliefs are my own and I don't share them unless asked directly. I only pointed out an error in how something was worded that you said.

One thing I will point out is, everyone has their own interpretation of what the bible says and what is meant behind the words and more often than not, it does not match what is being taught by colleges or seminaries. The majority of people read the bible with a pre-conceived idea of the meanings behind it based on what they have been told by a minister of some sort. And they never bother to actually research it for themselves. Just reading the bible is not researching it. The knowing who wrote which books, when they was written, what writing style was they written in, and how has the translation from the original languages altered the actual meaning of portions of the bible.
                Here is some food for thought...Genesis Chapter 1 has a creation story and Genesis Chapter 2 has a creation story. Which school of thought wrote which one? (I.E. Yahwist, Priestly, Elohist or Deuteronomist)  Do they differ? If so, in what way? And if they are in fact 2 different stories, why didn't the editors of the bible blend them or why did they keep them seperate?

If we don't know the what,where, when, why and hows of something or where the start is. How can we hope to begin to truly understand?

3. lizzieBoo profile image60

What in the world..?

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

old visual basic code for windows software development, set to a theological premise. Like This PHP

if(!isset[$_POST['HolyGhost']{ $namesake = $_POST['namesake'];
        $result=mysql_query("Select * From `BOOKOFLIFE` WHERE namesake='$namesake'"); or die(mysql_error('You cannot passover, yet.')); }

big_smile

Goodness I see!
          well I don't see, actually. It's insane.

1. profile image0

lol

programming code IS quite insane, good call.
            Yet, we geeks love it. Makes all these and those web thingies go.

James.

I'm so last century.

2. kess profile image59
    kessposted 12 years ago

If the trinity doctrine is true then Church is right and God is limited to three and I am excluded.....

If God is one , therefore God is unlimited and I am included, therefore unlimited and I am Just as God is.

3. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

interesting, 3 in one as a subroutine..?

(yes/no),(true/false) a (1 or 0), an (eclusive OR function)..?

is he that easy to Figure out?

doubt it...

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I don't know if anyone else was full of the holy spirit, but I have seen Father O'Reilly with enough Bundaburg rum in him that it kept the congregation from smoking near him. smile

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

apparently liquor was given the name spirits as alcohol was thought to contain spiritual essense - found that out when researching for my hub on the alchemists

2. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have seen a few Irish Priests comming up through catholic School in that same manor!     lolol

a little to much time sipping the "Blood of Christ!"....  so to speak    smile

3. lizzieBoo profile image60

Ha ha ha!

5. thirdmillenium profile image62
    thirdmilleniumposted 12 years ago

Trinity is a false doctrine. And, Jesus is not God. YHWH (Yawee)  God but the way to him is through Jesus. There is not holy ghost.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
      ceciliabeltranposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wish I don't have to explain but the Holy Ghost is the offshoot of the three names of G-d in Judeo-mysticism.

Namely The G-d Beyond us, The G-d Around us, the G-d within.

Elohim, Yahweh Elohim and Eli.

These are the three ways of experiencing Divine forces.

The Celestial, The Environmental and the Personal. In esoteric teachings this only means (and that is an over-simplication) Empowerment occupies the Universe, Nature, and Self. The Intelligence that govern life has three realities. They are not separate, rather they are one exact that it can be appreciated in three levels.

The Holy Spirit, is the female, the mother. The Womb of consciousness. Yahweh is the G-d that we can observe in our environment and it interacts with G-d as we experience it within ourselves, the Son Eli (remember Eli Eli Labachtani? Jesus was calling the power within him to sustain him in his moment of extreme suffering). This is also within the G-d we can never experience because it is the G-d of Totality, the intelligence of all existence---the Elohim.

You can correlate these to Jung's

Unconscious, Conscious and Subconscious.

Freud was afterall, a Jew.

Jesus replied, "Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?-Mark 12:24

Because of Jesus & accepting Him as one's Lord & Savior God has made it so easy to receive His spirit. We have to seek God for it.
        God wanted to redeem mankind > than He sent Jesus> After Jesus death & resurrection > we all now can ask and receive His Spirit.
        And yes the father, son, & the holy spirit are all one.

Really? I did not know that lol I must have missed that in Religion class, five times a week, 10 months of every year for 10 years in Catholic Schools.

You're new aren't you?

2. profile image0

Correction, Immanu El, never -ever ever, ever, ever- said you had to "accept HIM" to be "saved". That is false doctrine (and yes, I CAN prove that). He said to be born of water (obviously being human) and then born of spirit (the in dwelling of the Fathers power -the Spirit :: see Genesis 1).

Being IN the Father means united with, keeping true to his name [title/attribute: Creator IN or WITH us].

Do you truly understand WHAT the totality of Salvation Encompasses? And why?

smile

James.

John 7:37- In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

John 4:11 -"Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?

John 4:14 -but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

John 4:10- Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

John 6:35- Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

1 Corinthians 12:13- For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

2 Cor - Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Colossians 1:20 - and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

1. profile image0

and none of which you were trained to quote --were taught is the power of [God] when quoted (which it is not)-- do you understand.

Remember this: Just because you quote a book, does not mean you know its author...

Do you want to understand? If so, let's talk.

smile
              James.

smile   smile   smile  smile  smile    smile    smile   smile   smile  smile  smile    smile   smile   smile   smile  smile  smile    smile     
                You're so sweet and Yes I know God and walk with Jesus filled with the Holy Spirit!

As Scripture says, 'Streams of living water will flow from deep within the person who believes in me (Jesus).'"> John 7:38

Thanks for your support of the Gospel of Jesus  21days!
                God bless you!
                smile   smile   smile  smile  smile    smile  smile   smile   smile  smile  smile   smile   smile   smile   smile  smile  smile    smile

1. profile image0

thank you heavenbound5511.
                  There is much for people to learn and much to be joyful in.

smile

James.

hmm
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    “Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified [1] through the truth.

John 17:20->>>----->> Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
                    http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=John+17
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    1 John 3:24 --Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the(Holy)  Spirit he gave us.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    John 10:38-- But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Romans 8:9---> You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit)lives in you. And if anyone does not have the (Holy Spirit) Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
                    smile                                                              smile                                                        smile

2. thirdmillenium profile image62
        thirdmilleniumposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That was fantastic
        Thank you

Thanks for appreciating, I am glad!  although I realized I said Jung when I meant Freud.

6. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

I so agree thirdmillenium, the teaching of the trinity is not bible based.

In the belief and truth of the trinity there is the Father God, Jesus the Son of God and God's Holy Spirit /power for us to walk in His ways and do His will. It's all in the Bible just not the title (trinity) that refers to them all at the same time. The meaning of it lines up and agrees with the word of God.

Hmmm..... It's all in the details and meaning.
      Yep I believe God, and I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and seek after God and His will, striving to be more and more obedient and I have received the promise of His precious Holy Spirit/power/ in me because of Jesus.
      Satan loves to attack our identity in Jesus Christ and did that very thing when Jesus was fasting for 40 days and nights - He kept saying if you are the son of God as if it was a question/ or their was any doubt.

Galatians 3:28-- There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Gal 4:4--But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. (Father, Son & Holy Spirit All listed at once in this scripture) smile

Romans 8:14-- because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
      Romans 8:16-- The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

7. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Sprinkled with maybe ...

Received a fair measure  maybe ...

Filled ?   don’t think so ?

I once wondered why it seemed that Jesus sent all of his disciples out into the world with such "URGENCY";    to preach his message.
       Cause he preached that the time was at hand.  Even at the door.
    That THIS Generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled.

It sounded as if they had to hurry up and get the word out before it is too late.

And sixty some odd years later John received his message, This was a different Message and yet the same thing is true.
    The Time is at hand, even at the door for these prophesy to begin fulfilling themselves.

And 2000 years later very few people believe the portion of their messages 
    and call themselves believers anyway.

If we believe only part of their message can we call ourselves believers?

When baking a cake, and we use all of the right stuff  for a chocolate cake except chocolate ... can we call it a chocolate cake ?

So if you believed the whole message of God's word than you would know that He fill us with the Holy Spirit. How we see people is much different than how God does. Because of Jesus we are worthy to receive His Spirit.

Acts 2:33-Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.
      Luke 11:13 -If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

Acts 2:4-All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Acts 19:2-and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

A lot of  churches/people misunderstand the Holy Spirit and that all you have to do is ask for it in Jesus name- that is if you have already accepted Jesus as your Lord & savior. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit/ Spirit of God you will know it without a doubt.
      It is by God's spirit we are able to finish what He has called us to do- So of course we get filled with His spirit or we wouldn't be able to do much more- we would just have our salvation alone.  How else do we and will we in Jesus name lay hands on the sick, cast out demons, speak with new tongues with out His spirit in us? That's like taking the chocolate out of chocolate cake also. Without being filled with his Holy Spirit by asking for it in Jesus name we will do nothing that bears much fruits in the kingdom of God!
      May we stop limiting God to only what are human minds can conceive.
      God bless you!

8. Woman Of Courage profile image61
    Woman Of Courageposted 12 years ago

I will allow others to speak for themselves. Yes I am filled with the holy spirit which is the spirit of Jesus.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, Woman. smile
        It's that simple, isn't it?  Yet some make it so complicated....

well i could talk like you too but then that would be like talking to myself and what would be the point? Don't you go to forums to explore meanings and opinions?

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes.   But when a person already has the Truth, there's not much need for "exploration" of other tangents.  Matter of fact, that only results in confusion, which God is NOT the author of.
          Case in point, your explanation of the Holy Spirit being the "female part".   
          Sometimes people philosophize the simplest concepts into a maze of imaginations.

Well, understanding is not static, it flows. Truth deepens and then simplifies and then deepens again. You grow, so does your understanding. While you are satisfied with the truth you have found right now. Someday it will not be enough. As your spirituality and compassion grows, so does your need to come to terms with the paradoxes that life presents...or as you put it, "the challenges that G-d gives you in order to grow in faith" G-d authored confusion,G-d authored all experiences and all things. But what we experience as confusion is merely transformation. If you do not flow, you stagnate and then spiritually die.

And also, what you call "a maze of imagination" is meta-psychology for others. It is an established discipline with applications in psychoanalysis.

It is a good idea to expand your reading list.

1. profile image0
              brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Its not a good idea to expand our reading list. There are lots of theories out there and many many of them just junk. But the Word of God cannot be junk, therefore to stay on the correct path, it is best to keep our reading material only to sources we can fully trust. For where there is a grain of truth there often is a multitude of wrongs and vice versa. Other material is just a distraction anyway to keep us from the Word of God. If Gods word teaches me that i am to stay away from soothsayers what profit me if i start reading all about paranormal activity? If God says Love your enemies what need have i to delve into psychology or if a psychology book tells me i am the product of my father and i hate my mother what has that to do with Jesus christ, who loves all and is our father? If jesus is the way truth and light and no person comes to the father except by Him then what reason do i have to learn the magick ways of qabalism? If angels are infrequently mentioned in the bible why do i need to spend time reading about angelology? If a man make a book about the book of Revelation, why should i read it when i have the real thing in my bible? God says, study my word... why should i doubt Him?
              Sorry but reading many different sources is often just a source of confusion.

Well your confusion is because you don't want to really understand and want to limit the word of G-d to the comfortable zone that keeps your wineskin from bursting.

Allow new wine into your wineskin,or maybe you're made of old wineskin and therefore I cannot put new wine in it. See, in Hebrew Wine means substance that enflames the spirit. And you don't understand that, you will never appreciate the full wisdom of Jesus.

Do you understand metaphor brother? You do if I say, you're a square, I don't mean it literally. If I say you're cut from the old block, I don't mean you were literally cut from the old block. Those expressions have meaning in their cultural context.

SO continue to dumb yourself down, I assure you that is not what Jesus intended. Jesus by the way NEVER spoke in English as the Language was not yet invented then. I assure you, the translators were not "Divine". They were Greek.

So continue to limit your knowledge instead of going through the paradoxes and making sense of them. It will only shake your faith more because it is not on solid rock.

sorry, i meant IF you don't understand that you will not fully appreciate...

9. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 12 years ago

cecilia,
    I think they totally missed your point.
    Just a guess on my part.

lol ah well, sometimes someone catches on...

10. profile image53
    SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 12 years ago

I personally , do not think anyone on this earth today is completely filled by the Holy Spirit of God.Many strive,many profess, many conduct themselves as so. But the miracles of our God are not evident.No one restores sight to the blind. No one heals the lame. No one raises the dead to life. These are gifts given to those who are Spirit filled. We all desire for this , but are unwilling to make the ultimate sacrifice unto Christ, my miserable self included.

Not true at all- Listen to the many -many -many- many- witnesses around the world that testify of Jesus healing them- even the dead raised. I forgot most call them liars even though the signs do follow and they really are healed plus more!
      I would tell you all that Jesus has done for me but I wont. If you want to know than visit my page titled by my testimony or even the one of Jesus healing testimonies. God bless you!

11. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Jerami wrote:

Sprinkled with maybe ...

Filled ?   don’t think so ?

I once wondered why it seemed that Jesus sent all of his disciples out into the world with such "URGENCY";    to preach his message.
       Cause he preached that the time was at hand.  Even at the door.
    That THIS Generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled.

It sounded as if they had to hurry up and get the word out before it is too late.

And sixty some odd years later John received his message, This was a different Message and yet the same thing is true.
    The Time is at hand, even at the door for these prophesy to begin fulfilling themselves.

And 2000 years later very few people believe the portion of their messages 
    and call themselves believers anyway.
    = - = - = -
    heavenbound5511 wrote
    So if you believed the whole message of God's word than you would know that He fill us with the Holy Spirit.

= - = - =

me ..
    Scripture says that God filled them folks back Yonder with the Holy Spirit. 
      The Messiah was "Cut Off" just as prophesy said that he would be.
      At that time there was an urgency for the word of God to be preached for those same prophesy that fortold that the Messiah will be "CUT OFF" (in 62 weeks)    also says that that Hebrew Nation had but 70 weeks to quit sinning and atone for those sins and Anoint the most Holy.   
        They didn't do it!!!!!!!
       That nation that God was speaking to regarding the end of days was that Hebrew Nation that ceased to exist around 138 AD,

These prophesy was not delivered to or talking about some generation some 2000 years in our future .....   And they weren't delivered to or talking about US either.   

Prophesy was delivered !   ...  and sinse then ...       most of them have been fulfilled.  There are only a very, very few left that hasn't already been ulfilled.   

And God bless you too!

Hope I didn't sound rough;   just trying to be to the point.

1. profile image0

And since a lot of prophecies concerning the davidic covenant, the abrahamic covenant and a bunch of stuff from revelations are not yet fulfilled, (not including what the 7th day adventists teach), There is a message from Jesus to US, even 2,000 yrs down the road.
         The necessity to preach the gospel is in the area of spreading the word, while remembrance of Jesus was still fresh and not to make the importance of Christ crucified, redundant.
      Of course as we know the messiah was cut off but marvel not that jesus said:
      John 16:7   Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
      so cut off means crucified, his earthly ministry was ended. It doesn't mean that he has nothing to do with this world anymore.
      It might be a curious thing to note that God likes to do things in spans of 2,000 yrs. Adam to abraham, ab to christ, christ to us.. all 2,000 yrs apart.
      Abraham was 75, 2083 yrs after the birth of Adam.

Jerami Said:

"Is anyone in the Church filled with the Holy Spirit?

Sprinkled with maybe ...

Filled ?   don’t think so ?"
      Luke 11:13 -If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit (God's spirit)to those who ask him!"
      Acts 2:4 -All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
      Acts 2:38 -Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit(God's spirit).
      Act 2:17, 18 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Mark 16:17--And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

But some of these branches from Abraham's tree--some of the people of Israel--have been broken off. And you Gentiles, who were branches from a wild olive tree, have been grafted in. So now you also receive the blessing God has promised Abraham and his children, sharing in the rich nourishment from the root of God's special olive tree (oil/anointing/Holy Spirit). Rom 1:17

Oil is a widely understood symbol of the Holy Spirit and thus does not require a detailed explanation, but one scripture will suffice to link the Holy Spirit and oil directly:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed. . . . (Luke 4:18)

"The Spirit of the Lord" and the oil of anointing are directly linked. The oil of anointing stands as a physical representation of Jesus being given the Spirit to perform these functions for God in His service to man.

The Holy Spirit often appears in the Bible, not in is pure form (the essence of God's mind and power), not in its raw form, we could say. Here it appears as oil. Continuing:

. . . not in its transcendent essence, but so far as it works in the world, and is indwelling in the church/His people

Matthew 25:1-13 
      Our responsibility today is not just mental preparation, as in the case of a diligent athlete. Nor is it physical preparation, as in David's case. All the same, our responsibility is much like David's in that we are gatherers. Our duty is to gather: to gather faith, patience, wisdom; to gather God's Holy Spirit. How much do we need? Well, Christ tells us that a "night is coming when no one can work" (John 9:4). In His Parable of the Ten Virgins, He says that the Bridegroom came at midnight (Matthew 25:6). Midnight is well into the night. The wise virgins were those who had enough oil—representing God's Spirit—to last the night. Indeed, we ought to gather God's Spirit like David gathered bronze, "in abundance beyond measure."

Matthew 25:1-13   
      Because of its abundance of well-known symbols, the Parable of the Ten Virgins is perhaps the easiest to understand in a prophetic light. The Bridegroom, of course, is Christ. Virgins are often symbols of churches or individual Christians, most likely the latter in this case. Lamps are vessels that contain oil, a common symbol of God's Spirit, thus they represent our minds, which, when filled with the Holy Spirit, provide illumination for the path to the Kingdom of God (I Corinthians 2:10-16). The wedding refers to the marriage of the Lamb to the church (Revelation 19:7).

Jesus flatly states that this parable deals with conditions just before His second coming (verse 13). It does not take much interpretation, then, to understand what will happen—maybe has happened in part. All of God's people will go to sleep spiritually, but only half of them have enough spiritual strength to prepare for Christ's return. When He does return, our Savior shuts the door on the other half, proclaiming that He has no relationship with them (compare Revelation 3:7, 20). The warning to us is to draw close to God now because we do not know when Christ will come back.

12. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

Without the Holy Ghost no one, could teach or preach.  Without Him no one could follow Jesus.  Without Him no one would have the power to overcome anything the world throws at us. 

The answer is, YES, there are many who are filled with the Holy Ghost.  He is called by other titles, mainly The Spirit of Truth.  Also called the comforter.

How interesting...

The "bird" as a symbolism, pertains to communication. Because the bird brain or the paleo-mammalian brain in our heads is where our language abilities first evolved. This also evolved with our nurturing qualities.

I am constantly amazed at how we unconsciously mouth the truth about ourselves and our nature even when we don't really consciously understand it.

We truly mirror the forces that created us...by that I mean we are really made in the Image and Likeness of G-d.

1. profile image0

lol "bird brain" !!! love that.
        So twitter IS the devil. Tweet Tweet.

Oh Geez! That is super bizaare, you're right! what a coincidence, right?

"A little bird told me" and so on...

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe .

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written , He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
        1 Corinthians 1:20,1 Corinthians 1:21, 1 Corinthians 2:6 , 1 Corinthians 2:7,1 Corinthians 3:19 ,2 Corinthians 1:12

Job 28:28 -And unto man he said , Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding

22How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

33But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Missy, stop quoting the bible to someone who understands in its original language. (geez) I can't even read it. It's so....quote the passages out of context to suit your point. The bible writers will reel in their graves with how you use the text!

Don't be afraid of me, I'm not going to make you doubt your faith anymore than you already do. You have to appreciate that the bible has many layers of truth and its highly possible you're not reaching it because you're afraid to doubt it. Doubt is the beginning of understanding. Go there...go to that dark spaces in your head and challenge the darkness.

Only then can you face Beelzedad...I mean, the demon Beelzebub. lol (the name is just so close) (and that's actually being generous giving him more credit than he deserves)

1. Beelzedad profile image58
            Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. Nowhere on this thread have you or I engaged one another, yet from out of nowhere, you take at cheap shot at me personally.

Obviously, you are just calling me out with some childish playground tactic, only trolling with the motive to get me to stoop to that level of immaturity.

Terrible behavior. smile

Let's just I kind of love the pun and couldn't help it. BUt my apologies, admittedly that was a cheap shot. lol

13. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

Everyone has the Holy Spirit, if they are saved.
    Only Pentecostals believe in the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit has 3 functions:
    near - to drag unsaved people to the cross
    in - to teach saved christians
    upon - to enable with power.

The Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost are the same Spirit. Spelled differently in the King James is to distinguish function. The last function of the Holy Spirit, upon, is more the reference to the baptism in the Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:6  And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1. profile image0

1. Not so much. Everyone does not have the power of the Spirit.

2. and exactly who is not saved? All sin has been taken away. Salvation has come to all -this is the desire of the Father : that all be 'saved' and come to the knowledge of Truth.

3. The spirit of the Father has only ONE purpose for humans: "..to lead and guide you into all truth." And that Truth is the manifest glory of the Father -visible Grace- in everyone who asks, with a sound mind (good conscience), sincere faith (action of truth) and patient (humble, contrite) heart.

Maybe you are meaning the Power of the Spirit (full anointing) v the Breathe of Life regarding this? If yes, then certainly everyone has the later and most should have the former.

James.

1. profile image0

2.  This is not  a blanket promise statement. Notice that God gave his Son that whosoever believes in him shall... so there's two conditions to being saved. All sin has been taken away but this is not automatic, we have to ask for it to be applied. The blood in order to have its redeeming effect has to be applied. We apply the blood today by asking God to forgive our sins.
            People who are not saved are those that have not called upon the name of Jesus. This might be a good time for:
           Romans 10:9   That if you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.
          Romans 10:10   For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The baptism in the Holy Ghost is the Power of the Spirit. And everyone has the latter and few have the former.

1. profile image0

So, are you really saying He is a respecter of persons? Wouldn't that make him partial? Indeed it would. From His point of view, all are saved, by his fulfillment of the Covenant. No if, and's or buts.

In no way can we apply the blood to make atonement. That is works according to the law, which is where the requirement of the Sacrifice came. Those sins are already forgiven, else all would perish. We ask forgiveness because of our lack of faith to resist our own desires. This is not to remind Him of our faults, nor His promise, but to assist in renewing the mind according to the knowledge of Creator, versus the repetitive knowing of Good and Evil [linear thinking]

do you really understand what Paul is saying here? In the heart you believe, that is your spirit. When you confess faults, your ears hear it -as to the ears of others- so your mind can be renewed and your own heart not quench the Spirit in you. By words we are justified and also destroyed. So, salvation continues in those who go beyond the sin.

As for Immanu El[Jesus] the meaning of calling on 'his name' is a remembrance of how he overcame and the sacrifice made. He cannot cause salvation in a person anymore than he could cause a person healed or a rich man to follow him or believe without seeing and touching his hands/feet/side. One must accept the gift of Grace without cool music, alter calls, bible hammering, fear, etc. They must be born of spirit to enter in.

Moreover, nowhere in the text does he ever -ever ever ever- say to pray to him. EVER. He does say pray to the Father who gives Life.

What seems to have happened: a man is being worshiped for his works instead of mankind worshiping the Father -whom they were commanded to in faith and love. This is why nearly 250MM followers pack church every Sunday, study the book to no end, yet have no faith, no boldness, no manifestation of the Spirits power in them. They are faking it because they're being taught to. He himself said after the resurrection: As I am (as you see me now, body, mind and spirit) so are you/should you be in this world.

The only thing believers are required to do is just tell people the good news -salvation has come!

Yup, we agree on this.

smile
          James

Act 10: 34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35But in every nation he that feareth(reverence/honor/obey) him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

36The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

37That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

39And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

40Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

41Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

42And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

43To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

44While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Take note verse 35 Those that fear Him are accepted. Not everyone fears/reverences/or honors God.
            Verse 45-whosoever believeth in him(Jesus) shall receive remission of sins.= Salvation

requirement of the Sacrifice came--->The blood of Christ, the perfect sacrifice, had to be shed for our atonement. Jesus Christ "did not enter by means of the blood of the goats and calves; but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, having obtained eternal redemption." -Hebrews 9:12
            Unlike the Levite priests who had to offer sacrifices again and again, Jesus Christ is the only high priest who is "holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens". Paul, the first Christian missionary, explained that "unlike other high priests, He does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when He offered Himself. For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever." (Hebrews 7:26-28)
            wink

2. profile image0

have a nice day
            james

Thanks heavenbound
            nicely done

14. earnestshub profile image80

Are you going to post the whole tome here?

We can all read, thank you. smile

15. dutchman1951 profile image59

is anyone in the Church filled with Spirit?

That depends on how much Jim Bean you downed for breakfast before you arrived!!!!!!

To me it is like having a Bar in your basement, the feeling during is fantastic the location safe and convient, but when the next Morning hits and the hangover is over...it is still "you alone" in that mirror..?

Think

1. jstfishinman profile image61
      jstfishinmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To dutchman1951 The HOLY SPIRIT dwells inside a believer unlike booze that destroys brain cells and your liver as it works it's way through your body.
      The HOLY SPIRIT gives us life and is with believers always. Sorry alone with your hangover.

16. earnestshub profile image80

Here we have a fine example of how a religionist's brain functions. smile

17. dutchman1951 profile image59

to jstf; the brainwashing remains inside, the sprit leaves the person well alone by Monday afternoon and the Hangover persists until next Sunday morning. I can show you a City, Nashville,  full of that kind of Southern baptist behavior.

It happens over and over again in just about every house. Including possibly, I hope not,  yours, as for me,

I do not drink, do not believe in putting that inside my body, was raised that way,  and I do not Believe in Religion, but possibly in God as I study and wrestle with his exhistance. I have learned there is a great difference between Religon- or Church the building, and God!

But no hangover about it, sorry to disapoint your overly  judgemental mind. 

What I do have however is a mystified feeling watching you, sober up and return over and over again!

and yes Earnest, it is a finner example of indoctrination  smile
    the CIA could take lessons......lolol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)