How to make kids sleep early?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Lgali profile image56
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

How to make kids sleep early?
    They do not want to sleep and hard time waking up in morning

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get to know your kids. It's hard to give "advice" because each child is different, so any suggestions might not work.
      I used to wear them out with "rough" play, they had their shower/bath, and were asleep in notime. Have you noticed how quikly they fall asleep in the car, at night on the way home fromwherever? Might be tedious, but take them for a drive and see.Age is a factor too.
      Oh, one more thing, if you keep the routine constant, the adjust better. Eg, 7;30 (or your own time here) is bedtime, EVERY night. If they are old enough, you can involve them in the decision making process. Then, if they complain, you can refresh their memory, and remind them that they agreeed to this.
      hmm

1. Lgali profile image56
        Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

VERY nice advice but hard to follow

Which part?
          The regular bedtime I guess? That's the one that will be the most effective, but not the only one to use. smile

1. Lgali profile image56

yes regular bedtime

One word, "DISCIPLINE"
              Not smacking kind, but consistency, even when you don't feel like it. That's the hard bit for many people. (in anything)

1. Lgali profile image56

very very hard

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

hahah...Nyquil. j/k big_smile

Routine has always helped me. Set up a specific order of nitetime tasks. For instance, an hour or so before bedtime is baths or showers, followed by a half hour or so of quiet time. It could be reading books, listening to soothing music, or just cuddling a bit. It kind of depends on the age of the child. Also, I would limit or eliminate eating and drinking right before bed and keep the room dark and quiet at bedtime.

3. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

(1) drugs (2) alcohol (3) bash them over the head with a brick. All work.

Looking at your avitar, I doubt you are like that. I feelthe same sometimes, even now that they are women, only it's no longet about bedtime. big_smile

1. Lgali profile image56

wow those are really good one what are the percenatge of this method

2. LondonGirl profile image81
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't being entirely serious.....

I do have a charming little sod who thinks sleep is for the weak, though. Can get a bit tiresome!

4. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

Hmm...haha, I'm reminded of a bit that Christopher Titus once said...

"...the next time I had to take out my baby girl I stopped to get some Benadryl. When I got home she was fast asleep in my arms. 'I don't know what you're talking about honey, she just slept all day. Oh, and when she wakes up she might no a couple new words..like dosage, for example."

G|M

5. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Wear them out during the day. Naps take early. Check what they eat. No sugar, chocolate, soda, etc. past a certain time. I'm not a mom yet, but I've baby-sat other people's kids and this usually helps.

1. Lgali profile image56

very useful ideas

6. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

The child may be made to do some physical exercise., ie., running, jumping, walking, if possible swimming in the evening. The child should feel tired and sleep will normally come. Some or almost all children get sleep, if some towel is covered to the head. Patting or rubbing on the head while in bed will help to sleep.

7. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

The child may be made to do some physical exercise., ie., running, jumping, walking, if possible swimming in the evening. The child should feel tired and sleep will normally come. Some or almost all children get sleep, if some towel is covered to the head. Patting or rubbing on the head while in bed will help to sleep.

8. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

We would have dinner, usual fare with the food groups... go out to play ... or run amok indoors ... 20 mins bath and toys ... cuddle time ... story ... talk..kiss...hug..g'nite. My kids were always on the move..gettin them to bed was never a problem really... but they know I am the parent and they do what mum says or else, tongue lol lol

9. its_the_skittle_e profile image66
    its_the_skittle_eposted 14 years ago

I'm a babysitter and getting the kids is my worse nightmare, Well, use to be.

I give my angels a warm bath, then I give them a teaspoon of honey.

Another thing that works is get some lavender incense and light one in the childs' room. Lavender has a soothing scent and if you can don't use minty toothpaste at night. The smell of mints wakens the brain more while lavender calms it.

Hope this helps, it saves me all the time.

1. Lgali profile image56

thnaks for nice ideas

10. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Give them some really strong antihistamine, works a charm

11. anglnwu profile image68
    anglnwuposted 14 years ago

Looks like everybody agrees on one thing--drug them or bash them.  Whatever works.  i read to mine with the most monotonous of voices--never fails.  Kids and boredom don't mix.

Haha--simple, no brainer.

1. Lgali profile image56

drug them or bash them. very nice

2. blackbutterfly103 profile image59
      blackbutterfly103posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile very true I've had my days

12. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Blackmail works as well, if you go and sleep you can have a lolly for breakfast, then hopefully when they wake up and ask for the lolly, you just tell them they dreamt it.

1. Lgali profile image56

thnaks for nice idea

13. blackbutterfly103 profile image59
    blackbutterfly103posted 14 years ago

I have 4 kids in they all are different with my first I stayed up all hours drinking coffee and crying smile. With my second we stayed out all day dinner at 6 bath at 7 and a quite movie. my third was hyper so we would have him spend time in a warm bubble bath with soft music and then bring him in the Dem room and give him a relaxed environment my fourth fell in to on of her brothers routines. it's all on the child the have an agenda of their own but I learn to find new tricks.

1. Lgali profile image56

this means all 4 are different very hard to handle them?

1. profile image48
        ladyvenusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Usually we let kids nap in the afternoon. But napping makes it more difficult for kids to resume their bed time sleeping. Let them play a lot or let them do other things I'm sure at early night they will get exhausted already an will have a sound sleep. Let them drink warm milk will help too.

1. Lgali profile image56

if we nap them than they will sleep next day.milk is good idea

14. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Tea is always good for sleep.

1. Lgali profile image56

kids and tea nice combination

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)