Stat Update Delay

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (58 posts)
  1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 12 years ago

Some of our differentially updated Hub stats drifted out of alignment over the weekend when one of our servers failed (which can result in negative totals, and other strangeness).   This happens occasionally, and to fix it we have to reprocess everything from scratch (instead of just the most recent hour).  We are doing that now, which means your Hub stats won't be updated for about the next 6-8 hours.  No data was lost, nor will any be during that time.

UPDATE: It's taking a bit longer than expected, it looks like it will be another 12 hours or so.

UPDATE 2: The process is complete, and data from the last 24 hours for Hubs is being processed now.  You should be seeing your view totals move now.  We should be completely caught up in an hour or two (about 4pm pacific)

1. profile image54
      MoverReviews21posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for conveying us the message.

2. profile image58
      MorganRogerDentalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Paul for updating us with the information. I did notice some drift in the hub stats.

3. the clean life profile image71
      the clean lifeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Paul and all the HubPages Team for getting this fixed in a orderly fashion and keeping us all informed. Thumbs up to all the HubPages Staff!!!!

4. profile image0
      andycoolposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My total page-views have  crossed 10K (10,250+) but it's yet to be reflected in the accolades. Mr. Paul Deeds, is this delay due to the same reason? When can I expect to see the accolade updated? Thanks!

5. jameygc profile image73
      jameygcposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I still can't see my earnings from June 1st until now.

2. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

Thanks for posting this Paul. I did noticed the stats were a little weird acting over the weekend.

lol, you can slide a few extra my way if they (stats) are lost and need a home!

3. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

It's always good to hear that there's an explanation for the occasional weirdness.  Would this possibly be the reason why I didn't see any views whatsoever from HubPages for several days?

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Thank you Paul. smile

5. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the info.  Will this also affect the ad earnings totals?

pauldeedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, it will not.

6. K9keystrokes profile image82
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up Paul. Good luck with your process.

7. BaliMermaid profile image57
    BaliMermaidposted 12 years ago

Thank you very much for the update, much appreciated. Now I can quit scratching my head trying to figure out the stats.

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Thanks, I was wondering if I was just too tired or if something was messed up. It's always nice to have a heads up.

9. profile image0
    excellasysposted 12 years ago

Thx I had the same question, I'll check again i a few days.

10. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

11. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I knew something was a little off but thought it would soon be sorted out. Thanks

12. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

Thanks a bunch for letting us know!  I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me!

13. SuccessfromHome profile image60
    SuccessfromHomeposted 12 years ago

Thanks! I thought I was tripping

14. SuccessfromHome profile image60
    SuccessfromHomeposted 12 years ago

Thanks! I thought I was tripping. I really appreciate the heads up!

15. CyclingFitness profile image88
    CyclingFitnessposted 12 years ago

Thank Goodness for that. I was worried why one of my newly published hubs is showing 0 views despite comments being left!

16. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

I hope this is still screwed up as my stats only changed by about 30 views since yesterday.

17. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 12 years ago

Hmmm. my stats seem fine but when I checked on an older hub to refresh it, my changes didn't 'take.' Can't load pix either. Maybe it's all one big mess. Good luck.

18. CJ Andrews profile image85
    CJ Andrewsposted 12 years ago

I was a little curious about my stats.  Just figured I needed to do some tweaking.  Thanks for the info.

19. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

Well the hubscores and relative rankings of my hubs changed just now - but the viewing figures remained unaltered!

We're now past the extra time added for the stats to be sorted, I believe!

:-)

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes I agree.  It's bad enough being hit with all the problems of the last few months without this kind of 'additional' stuff.  We're hurting down here... at least I am.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
        PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I am sure Paul Deeds et al are doing their best.  It is the end of the month, i guess.

Given the choice between early entry into the HP ads scheme with a few glitches, and late entry with perfect stats, I would've still taken the former.

1. WriteAngled profile image73
          WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Since my weekly earnings on HP Ads are well under 50 cents, I would prefer to see a site that wasn't broken! This sort of stuff happening so frequently does not give me confidence in the future of this site.

1. Sundaymoments profile image60
            Sundaymomentsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mr. Deeds will get this error fixed. He has always worked with diligence when matters like this arise.

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
            Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WriteAngled, the HP Ad program wasn't to be rolled out until June anyway. It's new. Be patient.  I am sure that the glitches are only affecting reporting. Not earnings.

20. mediabuzz11 profile image61
    mediabuzz11posted 12 years ago

Thanks for the info. My account shows "Sorry, no data available for the specified date range." when I choose to see yesterday's earnings.

21. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 12 years ago

I've not been paying attention to my overall total view count, but the stats on my hottest Hub haven't moved in the last 24 hours or more. 

Of course, that one's always had a couple of strange quirks in its numbers.  Pull up the stats window on the Hub's page, and the total views are always a couple of thousand more than show on the overall stats page, for one.  Plus, despite view counts ranging from a high of thousands to a low of around a hundred views per day, the seven-day count (only--the others are fine) has always shown nothing but an absolute zero.

No other Hub is doing THAT!

pauldeedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That does sound strange, which Hub is it?  I will take a look.

1. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Remind me never to get into a quickdraw shooting contest with you, Paul.  Before I could get around to identifiying the Hub (since I hadn't checked the Forums or my email for a bit), all the stats were suddenly, magically working perfectly.

Thanks!big_smile

2. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, mine are still not working.

1. cardelean profile image86
          cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that mine are either.  I still don't get large volumes of traffic but I get more than 5 views a day.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
          Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine have changed with only 161 views added in over 24 hours!  What a load!  I wonder if we will ever get credited for the views we lost?

22. Sundaymoments profile image60
    Sundaymomentsposted 12 years ago

Thank you for the update do we know how much longer before stats will be up and running?

23. brianlokker profile image96
    brianlokkerposted 12 years ago

I'm just a handful of page views away from my first 1000 (not much for most of you, I know, but a milestone for me), and the count has been stuck for at least 24 hours now.

I know I should just chill, but I'd appreciate another update since the original estimate and first update have been exceeded by another several hours of static stats.

24. Jillian Barclay profile image74
    Jillian Barclayposted 12 years ago

At least I always know that when I am having an issue, I can find others experiencing the same, and it is usually always being worked on!

25. Brie Hoffman profile image59
    Brie Hoffmanposted 12 years ago

It's 7:17 EST and still nothing???

26. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Duh! Or perhaps Doh!  smile

27. Alastar Packer profile image72
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

Mine haven't moved much if any in two days. The latest has about two dozen comments & 10 views, at least half of which occurred while writing it.

28. Alastar Packer profile image72
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

Darn, I rub that 4 leaf clover tat and bingo. Thanks HP. Hope everyone else's straighten out soon.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We never know anything for sure anyway!  smile

29. mediabuzz11 profile image61
    mediabuzz11posted 12 years ago

Has everything been sorted out? My yesterday's earnings are still "pending"!

30. bobsimpson profile image58
    bobsimpsonposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the update and getting the statistics problem worked out.

Your final note of apology for the delay that occurred and your appreciation for all the hubbers who patiently waited was appreciated.

Oh wait, you didn't do that.

31. Shelly McRae profile image68
    Shelly McRaeposted 12 years ago

It's June 2nd and I'm still waiting for updates on my Hubpages Ad Program from May 31st. I'm assuming that the issue is fixed for some but not for others??? Could we get an update on this?

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The outstanding issue this thread refers to was the viewing figures, I believe.  They seem to be sorted now. 

The earnings figures haven't been resolved for anyone, so it says on the earnings page.

32. tlpoague profile image82
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

My income isn't showing any for June, I am missing an accolade again, and have noticed my profile score hasn't changed up or down, but my stats seem to be moving. Is there still an issue with the system?

33. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Is anyone else also noticing that their hubscore has not changed in days.  Also, what's with so many hubs starting at a score in the mid to high 40's?  I thought that as a general rule they start at 50?  I started one this morning that I am working on (not published yet) and it's down to 46.  What is going on???  I've checked some others recently published by other people and it's very similar.  I've never seen this happen before.

1. lexindica profile image58
      lexindicaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The number of words that your hub contains has a direct effect on your initial hubscore of that hub. I think something has changed.

I'm sure that does have an effect but my word count is 838, oh well, it's SLOWLY inching up.

34. dariashakti profile image61
    dariashaktiposted 12 years ago

My latest hub started at 46. It has been getting steady hits and has now dropped to 45. I'm not sure I understand....

Although I'm not happy for you, I'm glad it's not just me.  I guess we can not understand together.

35. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

HP is having(yet again) technical issues, however the stats will accumulate and will post when all the issues are fixed. Not all stats have been affected. This according to HP Staff.

1. profile image0
      andycoolposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is HP a site run by professionals? It's becoming a complete joke these days! HP ads earnings are not updating... (4 days in a row... ha ha ha)!!! One of my accolades (thumb's up, thumb's down) is going to see his girlfriend in an hourly basis (with his thumb up) and again returning back when he discovers she is with another guy (with his thumb down)! big_smile Only the moderators are working 36 hours a day!

36. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I suspected that there was a glitch so I never paid it much mind.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)