Why is my poem Crucified, Started at 46, rather than 50?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (33 posts)
  1. lilyfly profile image64
    lilyflyposted 12 years ago

Can anyone out there give me a cogent reason why I have my poems beginning with sub 50 levels? What earthly reason can anyone give me. Shame on anyone who would do such a wretched thing, but that is what is happening, and continues to happen. I want a solid answer, not gobbledegook. Caspiche?

1. recommend1 profile image59
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wrylilt has been polite in her answer, I don't think such niceties are so useful.  Your hub is too short, this has been discussed ad nauseum in these threads, Google doesn't like it so HP doesn't like it.  The answer is to include further words wsuch as background or teaser explanation with a few pictures preferably.

Your approach is simply ignorant in a post asking for help, nobody has to give you any explanation as the TOS and help sections already explain it fully, and the dozens of "why is my poetry getting low hubscores" threads are easy to find. 

You demand a solid answer, no gobbledegook - is that straight enough for you  ?

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's poetry - even good keywords and added content is unlikely to help much. But otherwise well put.

lilyflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, gee, I see writing is now a whore job to post ex ammount of words for some great computation in the sky. Well, It's been said, cast not your pearls before swine. Is that short enough for an emotionally stunted ignoramusSelf? Have a semi nice life. lily

It might be better to say "Cast not your pearls before search engines."

Traffic comes from search engines. Creative writing in any form rarely pulls traffic from search engines because it doesn't usually match what people are searching for.

I love writing poetry and I'm working on my first book - but my pieces are placed either somewhere that my friends can access it or somewhere offline where they will be more greatly appreciated.

It's the way of the internet.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
            psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are on an income-earning content-writing site.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Did you work on your poem for a bit, then left it alone unpublished for awhile until you decided to finish it up?  The reason I ask is because a lot of times, I'll create hubs to just save titles for upcoming movies, so I can review them.  Sure, it guarantees that I'll get the titles that I want, but if it remains unpublished for so long, the hubscore does drop a bit.  That's why I ask.

1. Spirit Whisperer profile image73
        Spirit Whispererposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting observation.

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not so much an observation, it's more of a word of advice, as I was speaking from experience.

3. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because Otto, the all powerful robot that decides starting scores subtracts points if you are not smiling in your avatar.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes! I agree!

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You want a solid answer?

Read the FAQ's page and visit the Learning Center. It is, from your posts, your lack of knowledge of HP that is your problem.

Other people have been kind enough to try and help you, however, since you appear to have a righteous attitude(and from your posts apparently you were gifted your BS righteousness from your religious practices).

You came to a "Need Help? Ask Here" forum thread and requested help. If you don't like the answers you get from veteran hubbers, then just maybe you need to get over yourself, before you actually try to interact with people.

No one is lying to you, but are offering you honest help. To berate others, just because YOU are not happy with your own lack of knowledge, is not too bright.

Good luck going forward. You're going to need it. wink

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

No one "did" this to your poem. The hubscore is generated by the system based on many things including length, types of content (pictures etc) and over time, traffic.

It's not unusual for hubs to start in the mid 40s - it can take them a week or so to adjust to the approximate area they're going to be in.

And hubscore actually has no influence on traffic or earnings. Some of my best paying hubs are in the 50s.

Of course if you're mainly here to write poetry you won't earn much.

P.S. Congratulations. You have one of the shortest hubs I've ever seen, consisting of 16 words.

Ps, Congratulations you both are what is wrong with the world today. I'll take a short score and remove my elegant and heartfelt poetry from all of you as soon as I can, and then you will collapse because karma deems it necessary, to wash your filth from my mind. Don't bother having a semi-nice life, either one of you. lily

You asked a question. We answered.

Ditto.

2. CMHypno profile image81
          CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you are so concerned with karma, you might consider moderating your attitude. These good people helped you out and told you like it is - poetry is not search engine friendly period.

You can get a big following for your poetry on HubPages if you work hard, interact with other HP poets and are generally pleasant to the people you meet here.

You attract what you put out and all you seem to be putting out at the moment is aggression and attitude?

1. Spirit Whisperer profile image73

Well said.

3. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 12 years ago

it happed with me in my recent hub it start from 48 but now its score is 76 :d one of my top hub

<snipped - stop posting links to you Hubs>

4. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 12 years ago

Lily,

You add a new dimension to the concept of "precious".

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Spirit Whisperer profile image73

You sure have away with words Eric!

5. Spirit Whisperer profile image73
    Spirit Whispererposted 12 years ago

Lily, your aggressive attitude does not encourage anyone to answer your question. I think the people here have been more than kind to you in the replies they have given you. You asked for honesty and you got what you asked for so why are you behaving like this? They are entitled to their opinion whether you like it or not. Would you have preferred that they lie and make up something to make you feel better? Then why didn't you simply ask them to to in the first place. The OP should read: "Could someone please make something nice up to make me feel better about the low hubscores my poems are receiving?" sad

6. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Hi Lily, the publishing of poetry here is not against the TOS but very quickly after I started writing here I came to realise it is not a site purely about publishing poetry. If you want accolades for the poems you write you need to find a poetry site, where they may be upset if you threaten to leave.

To put it frankly, it is said that HubPages do not make much cash from poetry on the site, HubPages is a business. If you feel you are casting 'pearls before swine' then this is obviously not the place for your poems.

People have been jumping ship for many reasons, some to set up their own pages or blogs. So it is rare now for a -
    I am leaving statement to cause even a ripple in the pool.

Sorry to have to break it to you but if after the months I have been here, if I left and removed all of my hubs I doubt anyone would 'bat an eyelid, let alone shed a tear'.

For my own reasons I have been deleteting poetry and finding it a new home, as the site changes some will change with it, others will leave, some will come and go. That is the internet and poets are 'ten a penny' although good poets much rarer.

I do not know which you are, but part of the reason  I am moving my poems is because of some of the word lists that get published here under the guise of poetry.

BTW Blasting at people like WryLilt in a reply, who was just stating the truth in her response, and then going on about Karma is not very polite. As I see it she took the time to respond and you did not like the reply, so you responded in the way you did.

We have seen this before and maybe you need to research what HubPages is before you get angry with her.

7. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 12 years ago

Shit happens! like putting on weight...no matter how much we don't want it, it happens!

I remember fighting in the jungles of vietnam whilst on holiday and having a kung fu fight with a hamster! big_smile

Who won?

1. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Wry, the hamster won. You should see how bloody Waynet was from the fight. lol lol

LoL were you there, eh?

No, but I heard from a friend, who heard from a friend, who heard from a friend who was actually there and has pictures. Unfortunately, I was unable to get the pictures. tongue lol lol

http://068042449.webs.com/photos/my%20pets/evil%20hamster.jpg

lol lol lol

2. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We were too evenly matched in the art of kung fu to decide, so we went for a McDonalds and paid someone to kick the shite out of each other and watched with some toffee popcorn! big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)