Jackilyn Is Dead, A tribute to her

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (62 posts)
  1. Jaelyn profile image57
    Jaelynposted 16 years ago

I can't believe Jackilyn is dead. Why  3 days  ago we were all saying congrats for her wedding and now she is having a funeral. life is terribly unfair. sad She will be missed in hubpages and I know all animals in the world will miss her to. She was right , she is never coming back.
    Goodbye Jackilyn , I'll miss you and your wonderful comments.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

If people are wondering what this is about, here's the Hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/In-Loving-Memory---Jackilyn-Emm

1. thecounterpunch profile image61
      thecounterpunchposted 16 years agoin reply to this

What a tragedy I can't believe it, I'm so sad for her and her family even I have never heard of her sad

3. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 16 years ago

That is very sad.

4. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 16 years ago

How odd life is...Through her hubs Jackilyn's love for life shone...She just sounded so happy and bubbly on her last few comments here on the hubs...It is just too sad that she won't be able to flutter in for a quick update now and then...

Rest in peace Jackilyn

deepest sympathy to the family
    regards Zsuzsy

5. stephhicks68 profile image87
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

I am so stunned too - like Misha said (I think in a comment), we were just joking around a few days ago before seeing her off for her honeymoon and "happily ever after."  It is shocking and so sad.  It is hard to believe it is true.  To Jackie's family:  peace and understanding.  Our hearts are with you in your grief.

6. profile image49
    scepticalposted 16 years ago

No disrespect here but did Jackilyn really exist?

It sounds very soap-operaish to me like a fantasy created by someone with too much time on their hands.

7. gamergirl profile image83
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

What a terrible thing to say.

8. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

I agree! This is a place for tribute.Zs

9. profile image0
    Iðunnposted 16 years ago

I wouldn't choose to speculate about this girl who arrived during a long absence and whom I never interacted with, but I will say I know a woman who has faked internet death at least once (by going in as an alt name to announce it) on message boards and generally claims to be dying every 3 or 4 months for several years, usually after she has been caught doing something nasty to various someones behind their backs and who also uses alts to go in and sympathize with herself on her original alt's imminent death.

I have a fair degree of cynicism regarding the issue in general.

10. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

Hey "socks" don't be so cynical!!! I was a fan of Jackilyn's. As far as I'm concerned an animal fan like she was is--was an okay 'Mensch'. She was so excited about her new baby goat...
    Zsuzsy

11. profile image49
    scepticalposted 16 years ago

I am just sceptical.

Now I'm guessing Jackilyn fell down and busted her crown and Jaelyn came tumbling after.

Wheres Johnnilyn? And Jamesilyn?

I googled Jackilyn Emm, nothing except on Hubpages. Jackilyn Barclay, nothing except on Hubpages.

Jackilyn makes a huge deal about leaving Hubpages to live out her fantasy wedding, buying houses all over Europe and then we're told almost hours later that she died in an obituary that looks like it was written by a 10 yearold.

Then her "sisters" and a new friend who writes strikingly similarly to her write obits too.

Again call me sceptical.I like Iounn have seen plenty of nuts on the net.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 years agoin reply to this

"Hours later" is a major exaggeration!   

Jackilyn's farewell on the forum was 7 days ago, saying she was leaving on her honeymoon in 3 days.  Florida is 9 hours' flight time to Rome, so that's another day to get there.  Her sister mentions she had a chance to "see Rome" before she died, so she must have spent a day or two sightseeing.  The Hub in her memory was posted about 24 hours ago.

So you see, the timeline is possible.   And the scenario is tragically believable - two tourists unfamiliar with the roads and the Italian driving style, possibly still jet-lagged, are probably most at risk in the first few hours they're on the road. 

I have to confess two little things have been bugging me, though.  Number one, if it were my sister, I don't think I'd even be thinking about writing Hubs so soon after her death, even if it is in her memory.  The other is that the funeral is set for Saturday 9th.  There certainly wouldn't be time to fly her back to Florida by then because there is a whole lot of red tape to go through first. 

Let's hope we get some clarity.  At this point, I don't know whether I'm hoping it's true or hoping it's untrue.  If it's true, then it's tragic because it sounds like we've lost a wonderful person.  If it's untrue, then it's horrible because someone out there isn't as wonderful a person as we thought.

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

What actually makes me skeptical is people signing up to make tactless posts. Would you mind leaving the site and not coming back? Thank you.

13. gamergirl profile image83

Believe whatever you're going to believe.  I shed real tears over the death of someone who was sweet and funny.  There is nothing alright with making crazy assumptions like the ones being made here, dishonoring the memory of someone who was always kind.

14. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Is she really dead? I live not too far from Rome and have been looking through the local news sites and can find nothing.

Thoogun. You live in Rome, can you find any information?

I really liked Jackilyn, even though we just met and will be very upset if this is true.

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

LOL World is a small place nowadays. Such a honeymoon crash would have made headlines in the papers all over the Europe. Even though my first reaction was "Could somebody ban the idiot", now I start questioning this myself...

16. profile image0
    Iðunnposted 16 years ago

I can't tell you whether the Jackilyn news is true.  Just that I've seen this behavior repeated over and over again on the internet.

The girl I saw do this was happily posting on several different boards while she was consoling herself on her own death on the board she faked her death on.  It was so known it made wikipedia.  wink

It's the same woman who stalks me, by the way.

17. Mark Knowles profile image58

Well, I didn't say anything this morning, but I cannot find any news here, I have checked all the papers including a couple of Italian ones that I get here, and I can find no news from the local news sites. If she is dead, I will be upset because I liked her but if this is not true, I will be even more upset.

Lounn, I sure hope this is not a repeat.

18. jaymz profile image78
    jaymzposted 16 years ago

It is odd that no one has found a headline in the local papers.

Mark keep an eye out.

I, too would think a honeymoon death would catch the papers.

19. profile image0
    Iðunnposted 16 years ago

mark, I can't say for sure, but it's not impossible as I know she is here under multiple names anyway for a number of reasons.  I never looked at the jackilyn one, but the pattern is identical. 

on the other board she did this on, OffTopic, she came in as her live in boyfriend to announce her own death.  she also came in as a fake ex boyfriend on DiscussAnything to have a shit fit about them banning her trying to guilt trip them and by claiming (as her boyfriend) that they had made her suicidal and it was all their fault.

she's had multiple 'dying' ploys on multiple boards since as well.

it's an obsessive compulsive behavior with her and a repeated pattern, attention whoring shit.

I have no idea on Jackilyn, whom I never really noticed since I've been back, but where the girl who stalks me has one alt, she has at least 10, so anything is possible.

20. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 16 years ago

At a forum I drop in now and again there was a woman who made a post about how her ex-husband had JUST rung her to let her know he was safe. Why? Because he had fallen off his boat out at sea and was out there for something like 5 hours and was rescued by a passing ship.

Interesting story.

There was no evidence of it online. However an hour or so later it did hit Google news. As reports were coming in through various papers and stations about what had happened.

At first a person could have thought that she was just being a drama llama. But no, indeed she was correct. She just happened to vent her soul online (Her and her ex-husband get along fantastically, though from my own experience I would have doubted her story for that piece of evidence alone).

So sometimes strange things can happen. But usually if it's newsworthy it'll turn up online within days or even hours.

21. Mark Knowles profile image58

Well, I live on the border of Italy, and get a few Italian papers as well as French. I have looked and can find nothing. Online is actually slower than newspapers and I would have thought that this would be online by now too. I am not saying it's not true - just that I only became aware of Jackilyn recently - when she announced she was heading off to Wales/Ireland/Norway - I liked her online personality and took it all as true.

Then this was announced. Which has to be some of the worst luck I have ever seen.

I said nothing this AM, went to check the papers. Looked through the local Italian online sites and can still find nothing.

So, I don't know - enough time has passed that I am surprised I can find nothing else - that's all.

22. compu-smart profile image89
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

Jaelyn, please can you sort out these comments!! I am now very confused!!

23. Hazel Crawner profile image58
    Hazel Crawnerposted 16 years ago

I have read all the posts in the forum and read the hub. It sounds very fishy to my standards.
    And if it is true, what kind a sister are you?! She has been writing on hubpages. It is the internet, and we can't see the person behind all this. It could even be a guy!, for all we know. I'm new here and I'm already thinking that this was a bad idea to sign up. Does stuff like this happen alot? [ this so called tribute is a little messy]

24. Mark Knowles profile image58

No, this does not happen a lot. This is most odd, and if this is a scam of some kind I am very upset.

I honestly have no idea if this is true or not - I cannot find any corroborating evidence, and Eilleen and Jaelyn have gone silent.

Please, if either of you are here, add something to this thread.

25. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 16 years ago

All -

It is difficult to know what is going on. In the online world, there is always the possibility of invented identities. I don't know for sure if this is one, but if Jackilyn's death occurred on February 1st, it doesn't seem at all unreasonable that it would have been reported somewhere, somehow over the last 5 days.

Perhaps the author saw the vibrant community we have here, and chose to participate with a new identity. There are plenty of people who thrive on the attention that sickness/death brings. The syndrome has been called "Munchausen by Internet" and actually I found one of becauseilive's hubs on the very subject:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Munchausen_by_Internet

If it was an invented persona, at least it wasn't used as a ruse for getting money. We strongly encourage all Hubbers to not send money to anyone that solicits it on HubPages. Please report to us any suspicious solicitations you see here on HubPages, either in the Hubs or in the Forums.

- Jason

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image73
      Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LOL, if L-ingOL is appropriate in this thread.  If not, my apologies.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Well, I guess I should be LOL ing, but right now I am PO'd.

Thanks for the input Jimmy - I had been looking for that photo and hadn't found it yet . It looks awfully like a generic promo shot and I was fairly sure I had seen it before.

If this is a scam, and I fear it is - It's crazy - I actually liked Jackilyn from her/his/it's/their posts and all this has done is piss everyone off.

Not a happy bunny with this. sad

26. Mark Knowles profile image58

Thanks Jason - I do actually live close to Italy, and have gone out of my way to find any offline information - there is nothing online.

But I can find nothing in the local papers either.

I am fairly sure that a dead American on her honeymoon would have made the Italian papers.

1. thecounterpunch profile image61
      thecounterpunchposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You cannot draw a conclusion just because it isn't published in newspaper. You can draw such conclusion if you ask the police station closest to the accident.

Whereas Aaron Russo's alert of an imminent danger for the whole world before his death didn't, that's how people are "informed" :
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/2712

People want emotions they are served with emotions.

27. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

I have watched this thread over the past couple of days, and a am getting  more and more convinced that the story is a complete hoax.
    1) As Mark says an american killed on a road in Italy would be in the headline news, like mark I have tried Italian news searches and American news searches and nada, zilch, nothing. not even a paragraph.

2) The HUB
    "In Loving Memory of Jackilyn Emm, Barclay 1986-2008"
    Starts with the lines
    " Now, Jackilyn lies below us in the soil"

and finishes with

"She will be buried on Saturday,9, 2008. ~"
    Are they going to dig her up and re-bury her?

3) The clincher for me is the photograph used in the story, if I lost a family member, I would add a picture of theirs to the hub.
    The picture is copied from this website,  weddingsbyshayna.com ,
    but the website appears to be down at the moment
    you will find the same picture if you type wedding pictures in to Google click on images and go straight to page 10, it is picture 17 on the page and it is linked to the afore mentioned website above.

1. compu-smart profile image89
      compu-smartposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Looks like you have been busy Jimmy, good work;)  i am now starting to think this could be a hoax too with all this info...I actually dedicated a hub to her which i can only assume i should keep published until we have %100 proven it which i think will happen very soon!!

Marks information about no news storys in Italy especially Italy being such a small place is re-inforcing my beleifs it could be fake!!

Jason's possible theory of Munchausen by Internet may be the problem and prove to be the final nail in the coffin to this awfull situation which ever way it turns out to be!

28. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I'm 99% sure already that LOL is appropriate here wink I bought into it wholeheartedly, though...

29. Marisa Wright profile image86

Well done to the detectives.  I hadn't picked up the inconsistency in wording - of course a sister wouldn't write that her sibling was "in the soil" if she hadn't been buried yet.  That wouldn't be the picture in her head.  I had been very much in two minds about whether this was true or not - but that one sentence is telling, IMO.

I posted earlier that the timeline would work, but I hadn't picked up that the date of death was 1st February.  She posted on 29th January that she was going on her  honeymoon "in 3 days".   Most people would interpret that to mean she was leaving on the 1st.  So to be able to get to Italy (9 hours flight + the time difference), get in a car and drive out of Rome still on the same day seems like a big ask.  Maybe someone else can work it out better than me?

P.S. Italy is not really such a small place - it may be small in size compared to the States but it is quite densely populated!

30. profile image0
    Iðunnposted 16 years ago

I don't think it's LOL-worthy or funny in any way.

I think it's sad and scary.  It's sad that someone out there has such a pathetic life this is what they do for entertainment, it's enraging that someone out there thinks it's no big deal to play on other people's honest emotions and trust, and it's scary to think that someone out there is this ill and continues this behavior repetitively and that this kind of sociopathy is widespread.

That is why I'm somewhat more reserved with other Hubbers.  Some people I get a feel for right away and warm to immediately... others seemed iffy to me at first and I warmed to them after watching them, still others started iffy and really freaked me out later, because a woman who has done just this thing, among other sick behaviors online, is continuously stalking me.

Whether this woman, Jackilyn, is dead or not, whether even if it's a fake it's the same one that stalks me, I cannot ever know because of internet anonymity.  But it really creeps me out.  I do know the last thing my children would do if I died is make a Hub to tell some total strangers I knew for 2 months or really anywhere else online about it for the sympathy value.

To me, there is nothing funny about this.

The best way a community can combat this negativity is to not participate in it.  If someone is gossiping about another person and nothing you see about that person matches what is being said, don't take part, ask yourself why the gossip is trying to run down the other person.  Negativity is contagious on a site and can ruin a place's joy and over time, ruin a site entirely.  On the other side, kindness courtesy and joy can also be contagious and one can choose to add to that.

If one wants a site to be upbeat, happy and joyous, one has to do their part to keep it that way.  Mobbing other hubbers isn't one of those ways.  When someone hinky falls into my line of vision, I just stop reading them.  I don't like dishonesty on the areas I hang in and if things don't match up and I'm not likely to want to interact with you. 

I make my choices.  I leave everyone else to make theirs.

31. Marisa Wright profile image86

Counterpunch, have you read the rest of the thread?

32. Mark Knowles profile image58

Marisa - he's making a joke smile But he's French and they have an..... odd sense of humor big_smile

33. amy jane profile image72
    amy janeposted 16 years ago

I have to add that - Eileen is  it?  - posted a request about how to get over the loss of a loved one. A couple of sincere hubbers have answered with such sweet sympathy.
    There is no way someone who just lost their sister would be concerned with getting over it. And they would not be hanging around here.
    They would be laying on the bathroom floor, wondering how to go one with their life - not basking in attention on the internet.
    Then again, some people are really sick and twisted.

34. rogue nestling profile image58
    rogue nestlingposted 16 years ago

I wondered at this. I couldn't see how one would be able to write offhandedly about such an excruciatingly painful ordeal, and to do so when they should have been engaged in the comfort of family and friends. There is a great shock and bewilderment when a tragedy as this strikes, and one is often recoiled in horror and disbelief when a loved one passes away suddenly.
    It is sad and unnerving that one would find delight in stripping people of their sense of trust and compassion.

35. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

If this is a hoax...and it sure seems to be...some sick way of trying to get attention, then I say lets let this thread die and rest in peace. Lets not keep feeding the disease...

36. Marisa Wright profile image86

I agree, counterpunch.  The inconsistencies in the Hub itself are more of a concern than the lack of press coverage, as far as I'm concerned. 

Can anyone explain to me why Jackilyn's profile says she's off to Hawaii with Eileen, rather than off to Europe with her husband?  Was that from a previous trip?

1. jaymz profile image78
      jaymzposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think that she went on vacation with Eileen, eloped on the vacation, and then went on her honey moon. Not sure though. But, I do remember her saying she would be on vacation with Eileen. Then she came back saying she eloped. But not 100% though.

HereHere

(Although, I'm not as well known as you darkside, going out with enough fire and flames to ignite the fire of a famous hubber... Sounds perfect!)

37. Froggy213 profile image61
    Froggy213posted 16 years ago

If this is a hoax,it is wrong,but this is the internet and you just never know what type of people will be here.Please,let me know if this is a cruel hoax so I can do some deletion.

1. profile image0
      Iðunnposted 16 years agoin reply to this

froggy, I don't know for sure.  just what everyone else does plus I've seen this behavior repeated fairly frequently (all by the same woman).  if it is false it does a great disservice to people like you who have suffered a terrible loss.  I never doubted you and you continue to have my warmest thoughts and I think of your grandson and your family in my prayers.

people like you are the ones who are hurt most by these kinds of hoaxes, if it is indeed one which is my opinion.  however I won't let it make me stop caring for those who have real losses, like you. 

I can still trust online some - I am just more cautious.  don't give up trust, that lets them win.  just try to be aware of common sense, too.

1. compu-smart profile image89
        compu-smartposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Nice words and i tottaly agree with you especially regarding Froggys sad loss...

As these days go by i am more and more beginning to think that this is a horrible hoax....now if someone else drops dead today and  someone posts a message in this forum or publish a hub that a fellow hubber has died who is going to beleive them now!! .....it's a shame...

38. Mark Knowles profile image58

counterpunch
    I did not draw any conclusions - I merely stated that I found it odd that it was not being reported in the newspapers - or the internet - or anywhere else for that matter. Which I would have expected it to be.

I also have doubts as to the truth of this whole situation for other reasons that have been discussed here.

And, though I agree with many of your political opinions, dropping them into this thread is pretty bad taste.

Quite apart from that, I am actually pissed off that this appears to be some sort of pointless hoax.

39. gamergirl profile image83

I think I'm going to put together my living will and in it mention that my fiance should post an obit in the local paper and then link it to Hubpages if ever I should pass while still participating here.

LOL. smile

1. gamergirl profile image83
        gamergirlposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I would not want him to miss out on ad revenues.  ;P

Yes, and in 273 years he might actually be able to pay for the funeral off of the ad revenues.

2. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I intend on going out in a blaze of glory.

The explosion will be so big that JimmyTheJock will write a hub about it.

40. profile image0
    Iðunnposted 16 years ago

I don't even have to hope, I know... when I die, the last thing my loved ones would do is post a Hub on it the next day.  I sincerely doubt it would even cross their minds anytime soon after, or probably ever.

There is exactly one person here who would be notified if I passed away and I knew him before I arrived here.  He has been and continues to be part of my offline life.

Hubpages will know I'm dead after I don't post anymore annoying fads for a year or so.

41. compu-smart profile image89

lol at comments..It's nice to see this thread now cheering up.......at the talk of death! lol.

If i die thats it, no more Birthday hubs! haha;)

I think we have come to the conclusion it is infact a hoax! i am sad and dissapointed that people do this but at the same time we cannot be angry because people do weird and strange things online and off because of illness of one sort or another and i always used to say nothing surprises me but  many things still do surprised every single day! .

42. gamergirl profile image83

You mean like the natural gas pumping station that blew up in Gallatin, TN?  Flames 500 feet high and visible from nearly a whole state away? 

That would be freaking cool.

43. profile image0
    Iðunnposted 16 years ago

we could turn the negative into a positive, a new fad:

"hubpages will know I'm dead when... _________"

44. compu-smart profile image89

The truth regarding Jackilyn will come out in the end...... hopefully, well before my life ends:/

45. Froggy213 profile image61
    Froggy213posted 16 years ago

After I have really thought about it all;you know I wasn't on this computer for at least 1 week after Jonathan's death.It is very very sad that someone would go to this extent.I will not let it deter me from my fight for Justice For Jonathan.
    http://jonathanboudonck.weebly.com/index.html

46. profile image0
    Iðunnposted 16 years ago

froggy, what you do is VERY important.  you raise awareness and work for justice not just for jonathan but for all abused children everywhere.  I hold you in great esteem for that and I have faith your efforts will help save lives.

47. thooghun profile image94
    thooghunposted 16 years ago

If jac really did die, then obviously you have my sincerest condolences (I felt my stomach double-up when I read the hub).

If it is a hoax, then all I can say, I did WARN people about driving in Rome did I not?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Driving-In-Rome … ival-Guide

:E

48. thooghun profile image94
    thooghunposted 16 years ago

Sorry for the double post. But I just recalled that:

1. I made a Bobby FIscher Tribute, soon after he died.
    2. I made a Rome Driving Survival Guide, soon after Jackilyn (could have) died in Rome driving incident.

I could make a living extorting people. What the heck?

49. profile image0
    Iðunnposted 16 years ago

thoog, on the off chance you have precognition, don't write a hub about me sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)