If you were an omniscient god, what would you do for mankind?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (48 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

As some will know, I am not a god-botherer, but my imagination runs wild when I think of all the good things that could be done at this moment if there was a god.

If you were a god, what would you fix first and what things would you change?

1. Jefacity profile image58
      Jefacityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well the biggest problem IMO is that people don't get along. I'd help them see the light so that all the petty conflicts, wars, greed that are wasting away our resources could be ended. Instead redirecting our energy to improving the condition of the world as in ending poverty, universal health care for all, etc. etc good stuff.

earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jefacity, that would clean up more problems than are obvious. A nice idea. smile

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
          Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What makes you think I'm not a god?

1. superwags profile image66
            superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's the hair Doug, I'd have expected it to be a little more neat and tidy.

I am Hanuman.

2. earnestshub profile image81

Well, I'm not sure actually Doug. I haven't seen any psychotic behavior to confirm it so far though. smile

3. earnestshub profile image81

I had not considered it before, but now that you mention it, you may well be. smile

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would eliminate religion, then eliminate NEED
      and rerstore it with Dignity, space and equality for everyone, all nations

then I wouold work on the elimination of money and the drive for it GREED

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why? smile There is no reason for the elimination of money now. And, greed? It's misunderstood to begin with. lol

But, since you were a god, I guess you could do what you want. tongue

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

why, because money is a means of power over another..?
          to me it is a source of un-equality and a tool for manipulation of Survival of the fittest, an excuse to strive for power over others. wink

I was thinking maybe if it were not so...better for all people

but again if I was omniscent I would already know the answers and would have no need to act, hmmm....

Actually, that is a misconception about money.
            Again, this follows the above misconception.
            In actuality, it's not. Humankind has to eliminate money on it's course. In order to do that though, education is key. smile

Point taken. But I do see Greed and lusts for power as stronger emotions and a blinding side to education. Maybe more like psychological conditioning than just education alone.  Not sure. Some type of development or evolving away from that.

Hey Dutchman,

I wrote two hubs addressing both- Money and Greed. wink

#1) How Greed Can Lead To Selfless Purpose(which lead me to write my most recently posted hub as well)
                #2) Learn- The True Power of Money(the URL as states something quite different(The Unrealistic Power of Money)

I recently changed the title on the second hub. smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Faith wouldn't be a requirement for belief. lol lol Simply because I would already know in advance that faith wouldn't be enough, because I would know what I needed to know about human nature. tongue

I agree, you would know it all in advance, which would pose the problem of why would you do anything at all!

Humor me a little, and lets just see it like a super-man then.

I think stopping pain and suffering for all sentient life would be a good start.

We simply do not need it anymore. smile

3. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Human- Why Mankinds are so special ?

God: Mankind ? hmm, just another species on planet earth right ? Why should i give any more of my time to these species when i have millions of other species to take care of ? wink Salvation, light, guidance, prayers and all is BS. I don't waste my time to guide you folks, adapt or die in this universe. If you fail to do that then i have thousand other plans to repopulate this planet. You're no special to me. Give me one good reason why you're so special to me out of millions of species in my list ? Love from me ? BS, get on with some female in your species or else get a life tongue

Well, I was thinking two things. ! I agree we are not as smart as any of the others species who don't seem to be destroying the whole planet and all the species on it, but I thought we may be useful if we changed the way we are now. smile

4. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

ban religion to start with and then explain to humans that they are on their own and there is auto system which operates and god doesnot interfere...

5. superwags profile image66
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

I'd create a planet where it is mostly inhospitable; 70% underwater, massive deserts, high mountain ranges and ice caps etc. I'd then make smallpox, cholera and AIDS. Then I'd create tsunamis and earthquakes.

Oh, then I'd just chill out and amuse myself watching one in every four children dying before the age of five for the first 250,000 years of humans' existence.

Wot, just like those other god? smile

6. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

Well, there's no guarantee an omniscient god could do anything. If he simply knew everything, there's no guarantee that he could interact and do anything to intervene or change it. You probably need to make him omnipotent too, if you're looking for help, or guidance.

7. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

A truly omniscient being would have nothing to do except watch, any one thing it did would create an opposite reaction - so whether it was good or bad - everything it did would still have an equal and opposite reaction - so it couldn't actually DO anything.

1. profile image57
      SteveAstonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obviously I'd start with putting a bit more of an effort into solving the old "Why can't we all just get along" question, a few days of Whitney Houston warbling "I believe the children are our future, teach them well then let them fend for themselves" should do it.

After that it would just be a series of blowing things up, randomly messing with gravity and other shenanigans purely for the fun factor.

Oh, and everyone would be supplied with and required to care for their own pet badger.

I'd make badgers pink. And evil.

1. profile image57

Hmmmm interesting idea, I may have to employ you as some sort of demi-god in charge of badgers, and Belgium, they get their own demi-god because they make such great chocolate.

Although now I'm thinking along those lines maybe Denmark should have one too, after all they do provide the bacon for the all important bacon butties.

I'd want a more interesting country than Belgium (although they do good beer and they invented chips). Offer me Brazil or something, then I'll take your offer.

Also I'd like to be in charge of Lions and Tigers. Can I bring bck the sabretoothed tiger? It'd be like Thundercats round my place.

HO!

1. profile image57

Fair enough, I've considered your counter-proposal and I hereby declare you demi-god in charge of Brazil, lions and tigers (specifically sabre toothed ones.)

Seems I still need someone to handle those pesky Belgians.

Deal. I shall begin my conversion from Pastafarianism immediately. I hope the noodly one is not unduly pleased. Let's make a better world where badgers are pink and Belgians are godless.

2. earnestshub profile image81

I thought they were already evil. smile

3. DoubleScorpion profile image78
          DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Badgers are Ros`e not pink....and they are only misunderstood...not evil...LMAO...

A badger insulted me once.
            I was just sayin hello to him.

You should have heard the abuse! Boy did I get told off! I have never spoken to a badger since then.

Bad tempered little buggars. smile

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78

LOL... well yes...but that wasn't a "true" badger....

I must admit,   I was badgering him a bit. smile Not a true badger eh? One of them pretend badgers then.

I will have to read your coming thesis on the little buggars.. err... badgers then. smile

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78

Just because it claimed to be a badger...It does not follow the true path of what a badger should be...therefore it can only be a muskrat...

Aha! I read about muskrats in a few of Honore De Balzac's books.
                    Crafty little creatures.. smile

8. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Thought I'd freshen this thread up seeing as we have a few wags onboard today. smile

9. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

I guess the more I think about this, If it were possible.

The only thing to do would be to tell all those created the truth!

Not allow a supernatural tale like the one we have now to spread and do all this dammage as it has..?

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Remember this god is omniscient. smile

Hey Earnest, remember, the best method for an omniscient god would be to be completely hands off(that's the true wisdom others refuse to learn). smile

2. dutchman1951 profile image60

if he is real, yes, but.....

look at this mess..?   No god did this!!!!!     lolol

earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Exactly! No superduper man, despite what mad magazine tells us! lol

agree  smile)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)