The Adam Family

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 12 years ago

Starting from incest family from Adam and Eve the Bible has more horror stories like.
    Child Murder, Rape,
    Torture, Genocide, tyranny,
    Mass slaughter of innocents,
    Slavery, killing pregnant women,
    Mutilation, child molestation,
    Infanticide, intolerance, racism,
    Hate, and Hell
    Everything you consider despicable, under the conception of "God

One question
    Why does the church protect child molesting clergymen much like other stories in the bible and then condemn homosexuals?

Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't find this sexy neither, can't be gagged on all this extreme acts all our lives, can we?

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

The bible tries to terrify and motivate it's followers with fear.
    It still works today on many people, they are not quite game enough to challenge it, just in case, or because they still live with or have to associate with others who are indoctrinated and fear them as well.

Fear dose seem to rule, it will take a lot more work at changing it over to love

It must be true, what earnestshub posted
        The bible tries to terrify and motivate its followers with fear.
        I know people are lying or hiding deep dark secrets when I ask them a deep question and they avoid answering it at all cost.
        About 25% of people have been molested in their life time, People keep  these secrete their hiden their whole life and without some confession to your own soul. Why let  slowly destroys your lives and why confess to a clergymen when he be a worst offender than you, why not confess to a friend or some who care and be cured of you deep dark secrets
        I will start, I was drug raped by a man when I was age 16. I don't tell many people, yet by confronting every problem in my life, happiness come with grace, At least I found out by experience I was not gay. It was not my fault anyways; most dark secrets is not your fault too.
        Confess and let your soul be healthy again, Why do Christian allow clergymen t to child molester get away with it. Starting from incest family from Adam and Eve the Bible has more horror stories like.

I guess it sounds like I am talking to myself, not any more than talking to an imaginary friend in the sky.

It is safe to come forth because you need not to regret the pass, just learn a few note from it.

My concern is Christians regretting the future

3. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I would have thought that Eve being created from Adam's  rib, would have been nearer to being a 'cloned female' version of Adam than a relative.

Interesting thought, all animal and plants are married or cloned in some way.

If the big white bearded man in the sky is white, Marry was white the mother of a blond and blue eye Jesus which is white. Then most the world population which are colored are standing around questioning WHAT THE HELL, AM I DOING HERE??? White men wrote the book on it.

4. vector7 profile image60
    vector7posted 12 years ago

Why do you keep acting like you have amnesia?

HYPOCRITES.

The world is a sin filled place. Even Christians fall short of the Glory of God.

No one is perfect, and some JUST DON'T CARE. They only want you to think they do.

The separation is in the heart. And only God can see what a man intends internally.. Good, or Bad.

But you want to try to continue to play God, and judge everyone.

Mainly the Christians.. Seems like you think you're perfect or maybe.... even think your better than God Himself.

I do remember a few threads. But you don't even hold a single view.

You have a forked tongue. One minute God doesn't exist. The next, you bad mouth Him.

Hmmm.. Something smells funny..

cool

vector

The world is a sin filled place. Even Christians fall short of the Glory of God.
      HYPOCRITES.

About 85% USA are Christian are most like Sodom and Gomorrah, leading the world in crime, and Wars and pollution.  My live has been live with cleans and a perfect record, show me one thing where I have been

vector   hypocrite?
      But you want to try to continue to play God, and judge everyone.

Christian is the undisputable champion of the world in judging people. All I have is two simple rules- Be honest and do not harm, anyone breaks these rule I’ll get rid of you.

I' ADMIT – I do feel somewhat equal to God because I believe everyone is God.
      It is written I must be punish by death, every word is truth, do your best -kill for Jesus

God Himself.
      I do remember a few threads. But you don't even hold a single view.
      It’s the Bible that is all over the board with 2000 version of it, not me

you have a forked tongue.
      Funny us part natives, say that about white men, One minute God  bad mouthing only happen when each group claim they have the only right God, I am safe calling everyone God , I am talking to God right now, How are you doing big guy!!.

Hmmm... Something smells funny..
      It could be the after smell from whites doing the greatest genocide ever on us natives

5. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 12 years ago

Just heard of a story of a guy on the Gold Coast (Australia) got caught "grooming" a 14 yr old girl for sex, on the internet.
    It turns out, the 14yr old was a police woman, under cover.
    He wasn't a clergyman.
    Neither have the last several men I know of, that were caught the same way, in recent months.

Lets not be so  bigoted and blame all these evils on (just) clergymen.

Men are prone to evil, irrespective of their religious bent, or lack of.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very good point.

I am interested in how you can explain much of the rape, child molestation and incest family of Adam and Eve in the Bible . Today Religion has made gay sex dirty by making gays sex illegal in 76 countries and the death penalty in some. I don’t care if a clergymen live a lie as a gay man.The Church have turned around and protects these paedophiles and molester clergymen on up to the Pope.

By CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES
        In the United States: • it is estimated that 3 million children were victims of.... hospital or similar institution, coroner; clergyman; social worker; ..... Approximately 100000 cases of child sexual abuse are confirmed annually
        I there is one child molestation by a. Clergyman, there are 9 other not out there hiding. Even criminal look at it as the worst crime man can ever commit and animal do not even have sex with their young

1. profile image0

Castlepaloma, why are you addressing this question to me?  I was merely agreeing with aka-dj, as i thought he made an excellent point on how there's evil men that are both religious and non religious out there. 

I am rather curious now as to why didn't you pose this question directly to him, since he was the one that brought up the point that I agreed with.  Is there a particular reason you targeted me specifically?  Or do you value my opinion on things that much? 

I mean no ill offense with this post, but I am curious since your posing a question directly to me. 

Edit:  I do apologize if my post sounds egotistical, as I can assure you that's not my intention.  However, I'll gladly try to answer your question if you badly want to know my opinion.

Clergy are less likely to be caught.....yet they are in the HIGHEST profession  % range   of offenses, I guess I get a bit pev when other Christian like Aka blow it off,  or blame police, or blame Satan or some other lame excuse ,

It did not help when you said
            very good point

1. profile image0

Look, I can obviously tell based on your statistics, you've put a lot of research into this topic, yes?  Probably far more than most people here am I right?  However, if you're coming to me for answers to your query, then I'm sorry but I have none to give you. 

Sure, I believe there is a god, but I don't believe in organized religion.  Which is why i can see your point about some of the hypocrisies regarding the church, and quite frankly it baffles me too that travesties like that happen. However, as aka-dj alluded to earlier, there have been documented cases as well of people who don't have anything to do with the church, who have committed the exact same crimes.  Therefore, that proves it doesn't matter if a person is religious or not, but that every man is capable of performing wicked and sinister acts.  Am I saying that the church is justified in not punishing these clergymen?  Hell no, as I personally think they should be thrown out and put in jail for their crimes like all criminals. 

I know this probably isn't much of an answer you probably wanted to read but as I said before, I really don't know what else to tell you.

Castlepaloma, I know you're an atheist, and I certainly respect that.  In fact, I honestly don't care what you believe, as I feel everyone here is entitled to believe whatever they want.  Of course having said that, it doesn't mean you always have to agree with everyone, but I do feel it's best to respect each other's view points.  Something that i feel gets lost in these religious forums sometimes....

However, I can certainly see where you're coming from Castlepaloma, and I don't disagree with you on these clergymen.  They should be punished.  Regardless of whether they're affiliated with the church or not, it doesn't make the crime itself any less wrong.

owwsp repeated a post somwhat

Stevennix

I am not against anything and do not belong to any group as it would limit my thinking. It is important to address issues of any kind that keep all of us from being honest and causing less harm in our conscious mind.

I think everyone is god, not a popular concept for religiously extreme or hardcore Atheist yet it is the only solution I can imagine working. If the Adam family values are working, why is there 25% of American people being molested in their lifetime ,My good guess is from bad habit s that are allow to continue from a book full unsolvable, contradiction,  low consciousness hardship with never ending suffering results.

1. profile image0

I never said I disagreed with that concept.  However, it does strike me as funny that ANYONE who disagrees with you, or says good point to a person you don't agree with, then it suddenly makes you a bit angry; particularly from someone who claims not to belong to a particular group or believe in anything specifically, as that would imply an open mind and respect to other's opinions.  Again, I still don't see why you didn't address your question to aka-dj, as I honestly had no intention of debating with you.

If anything if you were against how he allegedly blew off your opinion, as you claim, then why don't you address it to him?  What do I look like his damn mother?  Or care keeper? 

You know castlepaloma, you and I are a lot more alike than you might think, as I too have been coming to awfully similar conclusion lately; although I still believe there's a singular entity known as god.  It's a bit hard to explain.  However, I won't assess exactly what I mean by that with you, as it's really nobodies business anyway.  Plus, I doubt you'd believe what I'd tell you anyway, as you seem to have a selective reading comprehension issue here, as you've totally dismissed my last couple of posts.  Seriously, I've answered your query in my last couple of posts, but you blew them off like they were nothing; something that you claimed aka-dj did with the point of your thread.  What gives?  Are you saying it pisses you off if you feel in the slightest that someone allegedly blows off your opinion on an issue?  Yet it's okay if you blow off someone's responses to answer you?  Even when they've tried hard to respect your opinion, and agreed with you to some extent? 

Kind of hypocritical and close minded if you ask me from someone who claims they're not.  I'm just saying.

I don't know.  There's always been crime, rape, and molestation throughout our history; even before Christianity ever got established, as it just wasn't documented as much. 

As I said before, I don't have answer for you, as I do agree with you that all men/women that are sex offenders should be locked up; regardless of their affiliation with the church or not.  Therefore, if you actually read what I said in my previous posts, you'd find that we're both on the same side in agreeing that sex offenders should be punished; regardless of religious affiliation.

If you had an allegedly "open mind" as you claim you do, then you'd understand that.

Maybe you're right.  Or maybe you're wrong.  I don't know.  I'm not a psychologist or a sociologist to be at liberty to tell you otherwise.  However, to quote a phrase from "Angels & Demons" (the movie not the book), "Religion is flawed because man is flawed."  If you're trying to say that religion is flawed, then you may have a point.  However, it still doesn't take away from the fact that humanity has always been flawed.  Even before the Christianity, you can find evidence of man's wicked acts throughout world history.  Of course, I don't have to tell you this, as I'm sure you probably researched this like crazy haven't you? 

In the end, I'm not dismissing your points, as you seem to think that I am.  Seriously, if you read my posts, then you would clearly see that. Again, I respect your opinion to disagree with me, and all that I ask is you respect mine.  I have no quarells with you, and I certainly never intended to end up debating with you at all.  No, I just thought aka-dj brought up a good point, so I just wanted to say I agreed with him.  Am I suppose to be sorry for doing that with you?  Why?  Am I not allowed to have an opinion?  Would you much rather I said agreed with only one of your posts? 

As I said earlier, respect is a two way street.  If you want to see me continuing respecting your views on this, then you need to start respecting mine as well.  As I said earlier if you read exactly what I just said, then you'd come to realize I'm not dismissing anything you just said.  Then again, I guess you only listen to people that talk s*** about the bible and say there's no god, huh?  wink

I'm always open and do respect all options and will confront every question and answer if it's important enough.  If the conversation get too  lace with BS  my BS detector will sound the alarm and just walk away and move on. ANGRY and being piss is not my bag although, do allow me to get pev and sometime take a slug hammer to the deep dark secrete in which too many people are too afraid to address.

For example  like the Grimm's Hansel and Gretel story of  a young brother and sister threatened by a cannibalistic witch living deep in the forest in a house constructed of cake and confectionery. The two children save their lives by outwitting her. The tale has been adapted to various media, most notably the opera Hänsel und Gretel Now churh going want to ban these books from school and the kids say aldult just don’ get, Who else will inform the kids out there who and where the real evil lives.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

Stevennix

I am pev with Christians constant blowing off and blaming others even Satan when they are among the very top offenders of Child molestation, in which less likely to get caught..  When you said very good point that doesn’t help the ruin lives of these victoms and their families lives,

1. profile image0

Castlepaloma, you really don't read too well do you?  Or maybe you have a selective comprehension issue or something? Did you not read my posts?  Didn't I not just say that the perverted clergymen that you speak of SHOULD be thrown in jail?  I remember I did just say that.  Plus, if you actually read what aka-dj said, then you'd realize he wasn't being dismissive.  He was merely pointing out that there are pedophiles and sex offenders everywhere, and not just in churches.  Can you not read?  Look so far, I've been more than respectable to your point of views on religion, but respect is a two way street, as your lack of respect towards me is starting to get annoying.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure, and when "science" delves into the reasons for pedophilia, it does in fact show sexual deviancy is not limited to the church. But, you're missing the point entirely, which is the fact that we need to turn to science to find those answers because when we turn to religion, we find only contradiction and hypocrisy. smile

6. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Hey Castle, I have a question about all the horror stories found in the bible. Who was the genius that decided this was the book we should read to the little kiddies right before they go to bed. Sounds a little like child abuse to me.

one answer to your one question.

The church is ulitmately protecting it place of power and control over the ignorant masses.

A question in return.

Do the ignorant masses put up with their priests raping their kids to get themselves to heaven?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)