How do you know if you are gay?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (81 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Is there a sign? Do you like different foods?(that wasn't a good question) Are you drawn to play those games little boys play? What? What makes people be gay?

1. yoshi97 profile image57
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

*Yoshi runs up and hands sneakorocksolid a flak jacket*

'You're a brave man ... good luck!'

*Yoshi runs off*

1. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

1. Sa Toya profile image83
          Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lollollollol

2. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

1. Bovine Currency profile image62
          Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Runs off"  For some reason I get the image of skipping, not running lol skipping and giggling

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why all these questions ???!!
      Maybe you're not sure if your gay or not ? yikes

I think you hit the money there! wink

You know what they say about homophobes...

3. Friendlyword profile image60
      Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People that ask the question; usually are gay. Straight people dont even consider the question. If you are a straight man; the thought of sex with another man makes you angry and disgusted. If you have these questions...find a man that will help you answer them.

1. xiao_kang profile image59
        xiao_kangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Friendly, if the thought of gay sex makes a man angry then I would assume that person has some sexual issues and fear of their own. Why would gay sex make a truly unquestioning stragiht man angry? Suspicious! I know a lot of straight men that aren't in any way angry about what I do in the privacy of my room or back seat of my car. They may be turned off and disgusted by the nature of anal sex but ...hey I know straight men and women that take it up the rear too because it feels good.
        So check your anger, ask why you are reading this "How do you know if you are gay?" blog and then be real.

4. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you find yourself posing this question in internet forums that's a dead giveaway.

5. G Miah profile image78
      G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You'll get told by people if you are! Your straight friends will be awkward near you, and you won't see them as much as you'd like.

I have a distant relative who acts 100% gay. After a few years we told him, he wasn't happy, because he didn't think he was gay.

Everyone that knew thought he was gay. Now he is married with two kids, but if you ask anyone, they'll say he must be gay, due to his behaviour.

6. sooner than later profile image61
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i'm getting all tingly feeling when I look at your pic.

7. Cosmetics-Guru profile image61
      Cosmetics-Guruposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read you forum post "How do you know if you are gay?"

If you are confused about your gender, look at either your birth certificate or your plumbing.

You certainly don't need to wear mascara, lipstick, or makeup to figure this out.  A female chimpanzee looks great with lipstick and clothes, but that does not make a chimpanzee human, does it?  Even if a chimpanzee feels more human wearing cosmetics, there is no society on earth today that will register birth and death certificates to chimpanzees, because they feel like humans.

If they were born from a chimpanzee mother, they are a chimp.  If you were born with a birth certificate indicating that you are male or female, go with that.  Otherwise, you will always have an acceptance complex that the majority of homosexuals have.  They always have the need to gain other peoples acceptance, because, they never feel good about themselves.

Do yourself a favor, be the person your mother and father, gave birth to.  If you go contrary to this. You will never be at peace with yourself, no matter how much makeup you wear.

1. Thatguypk profile image44
        Thatguypkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Forgive me, but what an appalling answer!

8. zduckman profile image61
      zduckmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think its pretty simple. If you like to , or think about sucking dick, then you are gay.

9. RachaelLefler profile image91
      RachaelLeflerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm bisexual and I always developed romantic and sexual feelings for both girls and boys when I was a kid. I didn't really separate noticing cute boys and girls, to me gender didn't matter, the separation in my mind was between friends and people I was attached to romantically. I think you always know what your sexuality is from childhood when you first become attracted in a special way to boys or girls or like me, both. smile Gay people know their gay just as simplistically and intuitively as straight people know they're straight.

1. RachaelLefler profile image91
        RachaelLeflerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By "kid" I mean around puberty age, more like as a pre-teen. But everyone has one of those cute little Kindergarden crushes, too right?

10. Glamorously Jacob profile image61
      Glamorously Jacobposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It might be best to answer your question by defining gay.

A gay man is a man who prefers the emotional and physical companionship of a male over a female. That's it! smile

11. lovelife08 profile image61
      lovelife08posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd say if you find yourself attracted to (and ONLY to) the opposite sex, then that's a pretty good sign you're gay.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Sneak, I think you'd know you're gay if you're attracted to a man and not a woman.

1. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol  roll

2. starz27 profile image59
      starz27posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi there, I agree with that comment. I think its just as plain as day. Your friend, Star.

3. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I don't know ..I have only ever been attracted to men, maybe a gay person could answer this correctly, Im sorry I can not give you any kind of answer, I am stricktly a heterosexual....but every man or woman should be allowed to be themselves and love who they love, I have nothing against any man or woman just due to their sexual preferences, it is not my place to judge another in that aspect.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I think you'd know, Sneak.

Yoshi, can a dragon be gay?

hmmm ... I knew of a gay dragon once ... he blew a lot of smoke rings, was seen as different, and was then thrown into a volcano.

Since then, there have been no gay dragons. smile

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Ditto what BC said.

1. Carmen Borthwick profile image59
      Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I'm with you both! I'm on my way over to become your fan habee... love, love, love the dog!

6. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Dude if you see a naked man coming out of the shower and pop wood, then that's a sign. Or you're having a seizure one of the two.

1. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  Dang!  Now I gotta wonder if that little redheaded gal I'm married to is really epileptic with all those seizures she had while I was looking at pictures of pretty girls or....!!

2. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That has to be the funniest response I've seen on Forums to date...w/o exception....lol

3. DawnnaBee profile image62
      DawnnaBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*****ROFL***** Your funny!

7. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

TY Habee, do you mind having another fan join your fan club, I really like your hubs and the way you think, I have noticed we think alot alike.

8. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

If you find happiness, a connection with somebody, and love, in a homosexual relationship - you are gay.

And more power to you, these things are damn hard to find, whoever you are smile

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I would be honored, BC!

Scott, that was funny! Can't argue with that!

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey it happens.

10. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

People concerned too much in gay matters, makes me wonder ....
    Who cares who goes to bed with whom ?
    People sexually satisfied, don't waste time in such matters.
    this thread is pathetic!!

11. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

How do you know?  You take the massage test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXvPqOGujXc

12. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Well, you can tell by who you like. If you can sexually be around a man and not care then theirs a good chance your gay or bisexual. Strait people have a reaction to when they see a gay activity if there strait and around other people. If your alone, normally you can tolerate viewing anything much better because you don't need to worry. I have a friend whose gay who can't help but blush around almost every guy he's around just a like a schoolgirl. Normally, it is then followed by the natural reaction to when a man likes something.

~thranax~

1. ediggity profile image60
      ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A loud burp and a scratch?

1. thranax profile image71
        thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/jesus_haha_no.jpg

~thranax~

13. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

"they aren't gay...they are hobbits!"

and Yoshi I don't believe you...you did not see a gay dragon once! tongue

14. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I've got it! The acid test! You just need a napking, a playboy, and a playgirl - of course this test only works with men.

Lay the napkin on the guys lap and then hand them a Playboy. Next, hand them a Playgirl. Now, watch for the napkin to nod and you will get your answer.

Of course, if the napkin nods to both magazines then they are a switch hitter ... and if the napkin is nodding before you hand him the magazines ya better run ... smile

15. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

what if the napkin doesn't nod at all?

Then the subject is neutered or has expired ...

16. Ron Montgomery profile image58
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Ask your best friend to taste your tallywacker.  If he says it tastes of fecal matter, you might just be gay.

17. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

How do you know if you are straight?

1. dejajolie profile image60
      dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

18. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Well  now if you don't know by now, you never will. Is this a trick question?

19. Ron Montgomery profile image58
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://www.nicefunnyjokes.com/images/visual-jokes/babies/you-mean-those-boobs-are-for-me-cefjeghlgijncefj.jpg

Born Straight

1. Sa Toya profile image83
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This baby is sooooo CUTE

Right concerning the actual question, I think most people just 'know'. I mean especially during puberty and crazy hormones you'd notice your hard on for le men!

20. xiao_kang profile image59
    xiao_kangposted 14 years ago

I'm a gay man. I knew from as early as 5 years old that there was something 'different' about me. I was drawn towards the same sex emotionally, and despite my young age, even somewhat physically. Given the era i was raised in my feminine characteristics were either beaten or ridiculed out of me, thus I have grown to be a masculine man with many masculine interests. Many people can't tell I'm gay. I think that is a product of my environment, but had I been left without the ridicule and hatred I very well may have turned out to be feminine in mannerisms like so many gay men are. How does a person tell if they are gay? I think they have always known. In the early years they may not have identified it as homosexuality but the latent feelings, longing for someone of the same sex, have always been present. nature or nurture? I'd have to say I'm a product of nature. If a grown person is still struggling with whether or not he/she is gay then i would have to say that it's likely they are bi, there's no gray areas when it comes to being gay. It's easily identifiable.

1. dejajolie profile image60
      dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your honesty and very succinct response

21. Sauvignon profile image59
    Sauvignonposted 14 years ago

I figure as long as your having fun under the covers... wink

22. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I can't remember when I was last asked if I was a 'hetero'. I find this odd. I want equality. I want folks to start threads about what it takes to be heterosexual. Or plain walk up to me and ask when did I know, what games did I play, what did I eat or what made me heterosexual.

And I want the query to come from a gay man or woman. I think they've every right to ask such a thing, judging on the on-going curiosty from us socially acceptable heterosexuals.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander smile

P.s. - I chose to be heterosexual. After all, it's a choice thing right?

1. xiao_kang profile image59
      xiao_kangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well put! What does make a hetero? I'm curious to know. However, I question whether or not it is a "choice thing". Would you choose to be gay at some point in your life, if even for a moment? And would that make you gay, or would you still be straight just experimenting? I think there's a clear definition between a gay man, a curious one, a bi, and a hetero. No significant 'choice' exists. Nonetheless, I will begin to question the heteros about their sexuality. Brilliant idea. I'm interested in seeing what responses I will get.
      Cheers.

1. ladyjane1 profile image70
        ladyjane1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think sometimes when people want to experiment then its a choice thing but the seriously gay people I believe are born this way. I knew I was heterosexual from a very young age. Being heterosexual just isn't as interesting to some people and thats why they don't wanna know about straight sex lol.

'Seriously gay' as opposed to what, 'casual gay'

Cmon....

1. kerryg profile image84
            kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you familiar with the term "bicurious?"

Yes Darling, I am familiar with the term.

2. ladyjane1 profile image70
            ladyjane1posted 14 years agoin reply to this
  23. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

I'm a man, Yes I am and I'm glad that I love you so.
    Anybody can say that. Homo, hetero or whatever.

24. Scott36 profile image60
    Scott36posted 14 years ago

Some know some don't but its a question being asked more and more. What is gay?  Is it simply a sexual preference or is it an attitude.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is neither. Sexuality is pre-determined.

2. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It isn't a preference but an orientation. But regardless...

But everyone should leave the terminology aside. Sexual orientation is a scale anyways. smile

25. redemption86 profile image61
    redemption86posted 14 years ago

As a gay man I can say that being gay was definitley my mothers fault. She decided she wanted a gay son and brought me up in a totally gay way. Yes the food that I was fed was gay food, always pink in colour and my school tie was a pink feather boa. I played gay games including hide and peek, was sent to ballet school and was only allowed to wear a pink tutu. I was introduced to make up by the age of 11 and now refuse to leave the house unless my makeup is perfect. So yes being gay is totally by choice, just in my case it was my mother who made the choice! tongue

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

"My mother made me a homosexual... and if you give her the wool, she'll make you one as well!"

26. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

"How do you know if you are gay?"

How do you know that you are not? hmm

27. ladyjane1 profile image70
    ladyjane1posted 14 years ago

Wow thats an interesting question. I have a son who is gay, he is 28 years old and I could tell by the time he was 5 that he was going to be gay. He loved to play with girl toys, not boy toys, he was very soft spoken and like to walk around with my high heels on, we thought it was cute and it actually was. He came out to me when he was 18 and thought that I would be shocked, I told him I knew before he did and we both started laughing and I let him know that no matter what he is still my boy. I happen to think he was born like this. With all the prejudice that people have to deal with, I can't imagine that anyone would choose this lifestlyle.

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image61
      Glamorously Jacobposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The phenomenon you observed in your child has been well researched and referred to as "gender abandonment." A site called Born Different showcases some very interesting research on this topic.

28. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

Just checking. It sounds like that was the kind of experimentation she was referring to.

29. Bovine Currency profile image62
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

I have met a few 'serious gays' myself and they were not all born gay.  Two old friends of mine, they were in their late 40s/early 50s, living together for many years, in a committed homosexual relationship.  One of those guys was straight for half his life then changed his mind.  They are most definitely gay.

30. ladyjane1 profile image70
    ladyjane1posted 14 years ago

What I mean by seriously gay is people who are gay and know it and are not going from bad hetero relationships and all of a sudden "decide" that they want to be gay. I think a person knows if they are or they aren't.

31. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Oh, you know. roll

32. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I'm relatively certain that if you have to ask the question, you're not gay.

33. my last breath profile image61
    my last breathposted 14 years ago

im a pansexual female so ill answer this best i can. when i first realized my sexual orientation (at first i thought i was just bi, and i didnt approve of gays or anything) i noticed i started having feelings for some of my female friends. i started find some girls that i met sexually attractive. for a guy it would be the same.

34. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago
  35. nosmo_king profile image60
    nosmo_kingposted 14 years ago

Do you think that maybe we are all gay, but many of us are in denial? Truthfully, this is one of those problems with humans, we like to catagorize people. He's strait, she's gay, he's a rebuplican. Maybe there is a reason. Perhaps we want to feel like part of a group, special. Truth is that we are all bisexual, everyone of us. We just don't admit it and we supress it or we have been raised this way or that and our environment has trained us to be repulsed by homosexual acts. On and on.

So, I challange you all to open your minds and free yourself from these bonds of social stereotyping and just be free and be yourself and do what makes you feel good, and love who you want to love.

36. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Ask the man underneath you smile

37. MOEFLATS profile image67
    MOEFLATSposted 13 years ago

How?  Be a person who knows what YOU want and don't listen to anyone else.  You can be manipulated to "feel female" with very complex high-tech mental manipulation.  This doesn't mean that you are a "female trapped in a Man's body", you are being fooled with powerful subliminal presentations.  If the idea of doing something is repellant to you, then it's probably not something you want to do.  If your refusal to "come out of the closet" brings ringing in the ears, people talking weird or doing hand-gestures which freak you out, calling you "yellow",stalking, ANY mind-f66k games - this is YOUR ENVIRONMENT, NOT YOU.  To avoid living a lie based on electronic body-stimulation, look into my hub page.

38. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"A gay man is a man who prefers the emotional and physical companionship of a male over a female. That's it!" That is exactly what gay women have told me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)