HubPages Absolutely Sucks-Newbies Must Read

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 13 years ago

Okay now that I have your attention the first thing I want to say is that Hubpages does not suck.

First of all I am going to say is that at no point will I mention a name in this post whether it be good or bad.

As of late on certain sites I have noticed many ex hubbers going around and bad mouthing Hubpages.  These people are doing everything to convince others to stay away from Hubpages and so on and so on.

I just want the newbies here to understand while I do believe people have a right to their opinion I do not believe people have the right to spread viscous false rumors.

The people of Hubpages for the most part are great.  Of course there are bad apples every where you go but those usually dissapear anyways.

If you think money from this site is going to fall in your lap then you are at the wrong place.  However if you are willing to learn and put in the effort you could eventually make enough money here to pay the mortgage and much more.

As a member of Hubpages people have been beside me for things like my dog dyeing, my father getting sick and eventually dyeing and so much more.

Bottom line to all newbies and I m sure the veterens of this site will agree is anyone can be a great member of this site.  You can write for fun, write for profit or both. 

Of course there are a few rules and policies and procedures so welcome to the real world.  If you cant follow a few simple rules then feel free t go build your own website and so on and so on.

Bottom line is Hubpages doesnt really need me to stick up for them but the place has been so good to me in so many ways that I just wanted to put my two bits in and I would love for lots of responses.

Thanks to the entire Hubpages family

Dale

1. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know of one site in particular that I've watched for quite awhile now, Dale, and the anti-HubPages rants there go on and on.  I think the very first person to respond to this writer's claims that HP was some sort of scam was Maddie Ruud.  She did an admirable job in defending us.
      I subscribe to this other site for writing purposes, and yesterday and saw that another Hubber had gotten frustrated with our community and has now left. 
      I am extremely happy with HubPages, but understand that some folks simply are not content here-as writers, as participants in this community.
      Thanks for starting this thread-you sure got my attention! wink

1. Sunny Robinson profile image69
        Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've not really been paying attention to anyone badmouthing HP EXCEPT for that one dude who is complaining about ads not really being optimized by HP.  Oh well.

2. LillyGrillzit profile image79
      LillyGrillzitposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a great comment. I'm glad it isn't what the title alluded! I am a Hubber and I like it.

I have two blogs on blogspot that I started as public service, and one day I got this nudge from ? saying according to your style of writing we would like you to check out HubPages. [I made 1.76 on Ad Sense in 2 years]
      Being unemployed, I had plenty of time to write, with lots of Words bottled up. My Ad Sense of today is $22.20. Comparatively, I would say that is a helluva Increase. I still have a lot to learn about the money making side, but for just writing my thoughts and ideas, Not too shabby.

There is a lot to learn, but a person doesn't have to learn alone. Many of the Hubbers who have gone before us, have learned the hard/pioneering way, and can Hub to Help others who love to write and hope to gain income.

I have been on HubPages since July 11, 2010. You know there is a Hub coming about that, but being a "reporter of the world" has given me direction and a reason to enjoy living outside of my cave.

No matter where I go eat now, people ask me to write a little something for them. LOL! I am laughing and crying, because I am a writer with a sizable resume, I just forgot all about it in raising kids and staying alive.

Thank You HubPages and all the Hubbers who Help. Thanks for the challenges and Scribbling Family! - Peace and as always Write On!

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I second that and thank you Dale for saying something, it's like someone smack talkin my family and it just is not acceptable.  I vow that every word I see written outside here one will be returned in defense, not that we need to, but it's worth it to me demonstrating this is a community that happens to kick ass!

such grace

[hpt when considering banning please note I have not taken my medication yet this morning and Dale made me do it smile

love ya Dale

kimberly

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

This would have made a beautiful hub.  It's not to late.

Dale Mazurekposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks intimat, I still can write a hub and very well may do so.  However felt this needed to be seen with some urgency and no better place then the forums

Dale

I'm with IE! Perhaps we could roll out a "Support Hubpages" marathon from writers altogether. smile

3. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I'll agree.

HUBPAGES ROCKS!!!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. Dale Mazurek profile image61

And Im sure most would agree

Dale

4. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

I can see that.

5. Benjimester profile image87
    Benjimesterposted 13 years ago

Way to share the Hublove.  Rock on.

6. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/search/include:hubs+hubpages+sucks

about 7 months ago , this off-site anti-hub sputum  was noticed and many hubpage authors responded.

There is a pre-existing very lively forum thread around here somewhere also

I didnt mean to take someones idea for a post Sunforged.  Just noticed a lot lately and wanted to put in my two bits.  The Hub you link to is great and everyone should read it.

Dale

2. Sunny Robinson profile image69

sunforged, thanks for including that link! I never thought to look for that.  Awesome.

7. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Well said Dale - now - how is the not-smoking going, or are you in the 'don't talk about it' stage big_smile

Thanks alternate.

As for the non smoking the 6th of September was my four month anniversary and I am very proud of myself.  At this point I barely ever miss smokes

However, thanks for asking

Dale

I'm impressed! I'm smoking a pack a day.  Gah.

8. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Not a hub! There were 4  in that specific return , shadesbreath, thisisoli, sufidreamer and myself - yoshi97 wrote the most even keeled but i dont know what the title was. There were others, but again dont know all the titles

It was fun , you should def add your version!

As a side effect of that fun moment in HP forum events - I think any searches for "Hubpages sucks" are mostly dominated by pro-HP hubs and related links smile

Just letting you know that you were not alone in noticing and being annoyed? by the rather silly anti-hub crusade

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love HP, that is all I can say!!!  smile

1. ross670daw profile image59
        ross670dawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll second that!

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I also started a hubpage at that very same point, and that was the one disclosing my Hubpages Earnings (which I published on 1st July).

Believe it or not, I actually did start that Hubpage the very same day that you published your Hubpages Scam hub Sunforged...

Many of us were incensed at the time. I may as well say it loud and say it clear really, Lita Sorenson obviously had deep pyschological problems and Pam Grundy. Well, what can I say about Pam, she stabbed hundreds of people in the back who offered her help and friendship.

Karma is a bitch though isn't it... if they end up building anything worthwhile, there will be plenty of Hubbers ready to knock it back down again.

Those slanderous remarks are damaging not just to the owners and staff of Hubpages, but also to those who write here, and for that reason I feel no shame in publicly denouncing those dispicable former hubbers.

Good riddance to them both. Especially Lita.

WHOA. 

I remember those names and I thought they were such a deep set part of a community.  I must have missed out on something huge!

9. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I've read this thread and some of the Hubs at the above link(s).  I agree with everything I've read - which is that HubPages doesn't "suck".    hmm

10. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Here are two sayings from my childhood that seem to fit here:
    1. Consider the source
    2. Don't go away mad, just go away

Hub Pages is what you make it, and what we all make it.
    If you don't like it here, go find somewhere else to write.
    But the Internet is way too small to be trash talking and think you're gonna win friends or influence people.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm always particularly amazed when people run into trouble on the forums, and the make some big, giant, deal out of it.  You're right.  It's never very becoming to be spending time trash-talking beyond, maybe, making a single statement somewhere if you run into the situation that might warrant it.  It makes the trash-talker look like he has nothing else to do, probably had "issues", and, for some reason, isn't adult enough to just move on if he didn't like something at one site or another.  Maybe it doesn't matter for people who are just "hanging out" online, but for anyone who hopes preserve some kind of professional reputation it isn't great.   hmm

11. A la carte profile image61
    A la carteposted 13 years ago

I suppose I am one of the newbies that you were referring to when you gave out that warning. Having read the thread I now realise there is a problem but to tell the truth I had no idea there was one until you mentioned it. Personally I think this is a great site with great people. I am sure there are other sites out there and maybe one day I will find them but right now am very comfortable here and I think mature enough to make up my own mind about whether or not a site sucks. Appreciate the warning tho smile

12. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

It seems so odd to me, because the two people mentioned were such great members of the HubPages community once upon a time.

The very first Hub Challenge polarized the community into two camps, the writerly writers and the writers for money.  Up until then, no one had really made the distinction, but a Challenge that rewarded quantity over quality (it was 100 Hubs in 30 days) highlighted the difference - and I don't think we've every totally gotten over that.

On here (not necessarily other places where I write one kind of thing or another), I kind of still keep trying to reconconcile the two "camps" (at least to the extent that I put certain efforts into doing that).  They don't have to be two camps if people don't want them to, although, for a certain type of writer, there does have be a little compromise at times.

I've got enough Hubs (and been on here long enough) now that I'm starting to see a shift in what some of them are doing.  How the "non-money" Hubs earn is different, but there's definitely a time/quantity factor that kicks in.  I kind of do my own thing on here, but not completely without an eye for what I think may be of use (in some way) to someone.

HubPages, itself, just turned four years old.  My three-year anniversary is coming up.  I predict that in another half year/year, there'll be less division on here, once more people start to see that there's more than one way to earn, and there's more than one way write "quality" Hubs.    smile

1. profile image0

I no longer see 'two camps'. I see lots of individuals with their very different styles and approaches.

Yes I see people writing 1 hub and waiting 3 days before asking where the money is.... but there should be a clear line drawn between those that solely expect to make a great deal of money on Hubpages, and those that really enjoy what they do and earn some decent money out of it.

Nelle Hoxie really enjoys what she does, I really enjoy what I do. Just like poets really enjoy what they do. Everybody has got their own 'art', whether it is creative fiction, humor, an interest in politics, economics, or sales copy. And each to their own I say... there are plenty of individuals who carry a very diverse portfolio. Look at Darkside, as an example. He may not write fancy stories or peoms about love, but he is equally adept at writing instructional guides as he is writing about history.

I really dislike the labelling of people into groups, especially when they are put into just two distinct groups. I could probably group people into 20 or 30 types of writer, although in honesty everybody is unique. Anybody looking at my hubpages right now would say that I am a marketer who constantly writes lots of sales copy, whilst in reality I also have hubs on topics as diverse as The Murder Rate In Trinidad & Tobago, or hubs on investment such as Is Silver A Good Investment, and some which were written purely for personal amusement such as The Difference Between Men And Women; that one actually turned out quite funny and was published in a magazine.

In fact, I write tonnes of sales copy yet have still had 5 hubs published in print magazines. You dont get sales pages published. (By the way, this isn't all aimed at you, just to generally add to the argument). I defy anybody to label me as any type of writer, it is much easier for me to tell you what I cannot write.... and that is fiction. I can't write fiction. If not being able to write fiction should lead to me being categorised into the 'them' group, then that would be a mighty shame. In the eyes of Pam however, that would apparently make me 'one of them'. I can even write poetry, I am not going to as it is always far too dark and depressing... I have had that paid for and published too.

I say write what you enjoy writing. Right now I am enjoying sales copy. I will get sick of that soon and probably start writing some instructional guides. Once I get sick of that I will move onto something light hearted, and probably end up getting stuff printed again. Everybody should just go with the flow, and respect the work of others. As long as it is written in good English and is in line with the Hubpages terms of service, then I will respect it. I don't have to enjoy it, and I don't have to read it. Either it has the right to be published or it doesn't.... and the vast majority of the stuff that I see does have the right.

And thats the end of my very long rant!!

2. profile image0

I began publishing on hubpages just as that was kicking off, and I guess that is precisely why I never understood it. I wrote a very good mix of articles, from informative articles such as 'how to' guides, to historical biographies of old sports players, to full blown sales pages.

So I guess that I am of the 'new school' which sees that this site can be utilised pretty much however you want it to be. Right now I am writing sales pages, I don't feel any shame in doing that - every time I make a sale I have clearly helped somebody to make a decision that they were seeking to make. In that respect a sales page fulfils a clear demand from a certain readership, a sale suggests that you supplied the reader with the information that they required, and were actively seeking.

Whilst I did, and can, see where and why this division appeared... each and every single one of those who criticise(d) commericial hub writers elect(ed) to display a high number of AdSense ads, Amazon capsules, and at that time eBay capsules. You cannot have it both ways, either you monetize your efforts or you don't... and they did. That is the one single aspect which grates on me the most. What astonishes me is the heavy critiscm of writers out to make money by one of those aforementioned hubbers, who subsequently departed because Hubpages didn't make her enough money hmm

As someone who doesn't particularly write Hubs others would call, "commercial", it's always bothered me that some people who write "for art" do seem to have a prejudice against "commercial".    I don't think most do, but I think they're the more vocal.  It's the Internet.  People look up stuff because they're looking to buy stuff.  I think it's great that you (and some others on here) are examples of how people can write both types of Hubs and do well.  Then again, I think it's great that there are people who write "commercial" Hubs and nothing but, and do well.   It does kind of bother me to see people come on here and say, "If you write anything other than product Hubs you can't earn".   You have well written, well put together, Hubs - so you earn.   To me, that should dispel some of the myths that "nobody can earn" or that "nobody who writes non-product Hubs can earn".

I don't put in the SEO efforts you do (at all), but I recall one of your forum posts in which you mentioned that you have a mix of Hubs, and some earn more than others - but on the whole, they earn.  That's the kind of thing I have too.   I think having the mix means not having all the eggs in any basket (and some people do seem to put all their eggs in one basket, but then not do what it takes to take good care of that basket).

Oh well, it's too bad that division ever developed.  Most of us (except for some creative writers) are hear with the idea of earning something with our writing.  If there are people here who plain, old, don't care about earning at all, they should at least understand that a whole lot of people do want to earn (and there's nothing wrong with that).  (People are paying their bills with the HubPages and/or other online earnings.  Earning is not a bad thing.   smile  ).   I do think a lot of these writing sites are just now in the process of "maturing".  In a lot of ways, people once signed up, kind of floundered (I did that), and too awhile to figure out what works for them.  (Even the people running the sites now seem to have a better understanding of what works than they did a few years ago.)

13. brettb profile image61
    brettbposted 13 years ago

I love this place.

However I got a slap on the wrist for not putting my ad settings to high on a couple of hubs with external RSS feeds (didn't realise it applied to these). Both hubs are in a niche that is slightly hmmm, so I wanted to give Google time to work out that they're OK. Oh well.

But it has reminded me that I am renting space here, I don't really own my Hubs. Maybe this place is leasehold?

I really do think our long term link building efforts are better directed towards freehold websites we actually own. This place is good for testing out niches, but if you find a good one, make your own site!

Sadly all websites grow, get big, get too big for their boots then die. Look at friendsreunited. I hope it doesn't happen to HubPages.

14. cornwall_UK profile image71
    cornwall_UKposted 13 years ago

I write because I enjoy it.  I enjoy it because it makes me money. 

I'll admit to not being commercial enough, I want to change that round and write more for more money, so still fun, but with my eye on the $$$s.

I write for Hubpages because it does pay me - and I can see the potential that even without thinking about the money, it has the potential to make a full-time income from fun writing in the long-term.

I love the residual payments I get from Hubpages, through Adsense. I love to check my Hubs earnings every day.  I just wish I could track every url/earnings (limit of 200 urls tracked are already used up).

I recommedn Hubs to everybody.  I wish more people would write.

I want to change from being somebody who can pay their bills with Hubpages, to somebody who gets $2000/month through Hubpages by the end of 2011.

Hubpages is a platform I can use easily, that costs me nothing, that generates an income for me easily.  The sheer power of the Hubpages' ranking and traffic makes me money.

What on earth is there not to like?

I haven't seen anybody say Hubpages is rubbish - and if I did I'd laugh in their faces and be pleased to keep the secret to myself that Hubpages IS a good mid-long-term strategy for building a solid residual income online easily and for free.

That's my pennyworth.

smile

15. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I have a feeling that, when all is said and done, it is really is in human nature not to like "separate camps".  Nelle was mentioned.  The admiration, respect, and appreciation someone like she has earned on here is more than well deserved; and obviously earned through a lot of solid effort.  I do think whatever divided camps occurred (maybe as the natural result of "growing pains") are in the process of dissolving.  Oh well, off to my extremely commercially-focused "day job".   hmm

16. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Hubpages feels like home to me. I'm comfortable writing here, and have made wonderful friends.

I couldn't be happier about hubpages as a writer's site. smile

17. Sweetsusieg profile image76
    Sweetsusiegposted 13 years ago

There are many different types of writers as there are personalities, is my belief.  I'm not much of a commercial writer, I have to try the product, and love the product to begin to write a decent review on it.  So far I have maybe 2 of those.  I'm not making tons of money, I don't even know if I'll make the first AdSense payout by years end.  I don't even care.

What I do know is that I enjoy putting down into words my thoughts and attempting to put down my feelings as well.  I have one Hub that was doing fairly well, even featured on the opening of Hubpages several times, for some reason that seems to bring the 'nay-sayers' in droves.  (Not sure why that is) Who disagree with what I have to say and vote it down, not that it's a bad writing, or mis-spelled words, just that they disagree.  That's Ok.  Do what ya gotta do, I still stand by my statements.

I write because I enjoy it, for that I am grateful that HubPages has allowed a place on the Internet for me to do so. 

If the asshats who come on here want to do nothing more than complain perhaps they should consider Mobsters?  There is a place they can go, vent and rant to their hearts content, provided they still conform to TOS.  If they throw in a little humor when they comment and they will get a huge following.  No money to be made, but at least their voices will be heard!  They might get hitlisted for their comments!  (I suppose I should write a Hub about that!)

HubPages rocks - There are other writing sites out there, in the Internet world, but I like it right here where I am.  I have written for another site, but I like the format of HubPages much better!  The comments keep me on my toes!

18. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Who says one cannot do both, write for money and fun?  I think it is important to be able to entertain and instruct with one's writing.  I suppose I could be accused of being one of those persons who have a vendetta against a writing site, and I freely admit it!  I detest Helium.com because of the fact they have over 100 of my articles which they earn money on and which I don't!

I take every opportunity to warn others about the site because I know they are corrupt in their dealings with members.  I do not make accusations lightly nor do I do so because I didn't make money there.  I sold travel articles and several CW pieces for a nice chunk of change, so my grievances weren't because of my lack of success.

I was made privy to the inner corruption and manipulation by the powers-that-be on the site by another honest member who knew firsthand about the lies told to the writers.  I tried in vain to make them come clean and was banned for false reasons, losing my work in the process.

I am only telling you this for the reason of letting others know I have found HubPages to be completely aboveboard in their dealings with its members.  I do not deal with dishonest people no matter the gains involved in doing so. 

I do remember the aforementioned members and liked them while they were here.  But I don't think they left because of anything to do with unfair treatment by HubPages.  It is what you make it!

There are some really great members here who I admire and have become friends with.  It is the best writing site I have found thus far.

Yes, indeed.  Why not do both? I wrote about that little bit a while ago.  I was also just reading someone's hub on Helium and how it's actually a good writing platform.  Mixed reviews on that! Interesting.

1. profile image0

Helium should be used for contests and the marketplace only. Don't really on their impression payments, absolutely awful. If you can find yourself $30 for 600 words on the marketplace, then why not?

Otherwise, your content will see a much greater return on Hubpages.

19. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

I agree and think that hubpages is a brilliant site to be a part of!

20. ns1209 profile image63
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

While I have been hear Hubpages has been excellent and in general took advice from the community (except for that Facebook thing!) There is also a great community of writers hear and I have also learnt a lot about things like SEO.

I have wrote many different types of hubs including products, quotes, guides, polls, for fun and most of them are mixtures!

It is a fantastic platform and I am even starting to earn a small amount from Amazon (not so lucky with Adsense).

Overall I think Hubpages is excellent and is also fair.

21. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

I am here because of pgrundy, Pam. I had been reading and enjoying her hubs for 3 months before I ventured to join Hubpages. I don't understand what's happened to her? Did she have expectations too high? Or was it that personal problems made her bitter and she decided to leave Hubpages? i hope she is happy somewhere else.

22. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

what a nice OP post, Dale. I know there are those that leave and move on, but I don't keep up with any of that. life is way too short and full of its own ups and downs, no thanks to the bashing.
    I love HP and wish I had more quality time to devote to publishing, but other priorities right now.

glad to hear you're doing so well as a non-smoker!!

23. LSKing profile image68
    LSKingposted 13 years ago

I've been on hubpages for 5 weeks, created 21 hubs, and won a hubnugget award. Out of all the article submission sites that I belong too, hubpages is my favorite. The forum and community is warm and friendly here. I wish that I had joined sooner.

I can't really attest to the money earnings yet because, I've not figured out how to track that it (suggestions are welcomed smile. I do know that one of my websites is now #1 in Google search results. It happen very shorty after I linked a few of my hubs to it. So for me it's already paid off.

I'm a newbie to hubpages but not to article submission, keywords and seo. If you get a good url, place all of your keywords in original content..... you will get traffic and eventually earn money. It may be change, but change adds up to dollars so keep hubbing on!

24. SteveoMc profile image71
    SteveoMcposted 13 years ago

The beauty of hubpages lies in growth for me.  I am a mediocre writer but because of hubpages and the relaxed way I can learn and work at writing, I have been able to grow a lot. 

I have tried a lot of different types of writing and have found a lot of satisfaction in testing the waters with a variety.   I realize that some hubs are not going to make money, but if it is fun to write and publish, then it is rewarding.

I do love to make money though and so I write some just for that purpose.  If I find a niche that works, I will probably write for that niche a lot.   I will continue to write those hubs that give me the most enjoyment, too.

25. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

Hi thanks for all the links guys - now they unpublished it - apparently from the links

26. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

When I saw the topic I was really coming to cuss you out Dale, but you did good. Hp does not suck, my experience has been great. I had a few problems at first but as I learned how to navigate through HP those problems went away.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)