Palin Derails Paul Revere

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (143 posts)
  1. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Listen my children and you will hear
    of the campaign ride of Palin dear
    Rewriting history, what's the big deal?
    Sometimes I wonder if she's for real

Yes Paul rode a horse
    And he rode through the town
    But here's how the story
    REALLY went down:

No mention of lanterns
    By land or by sea
    Instead Paul rang BELLS!
    Rang 'em loud, rang 'em free

And here's the best part
    I just have to admit:
    Was he warning Bostonians?
    No! He was warning the BRITS!!!

With sincere apologies to Longfellow
    roll roll roll

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice work.  You have a bright future working in the lame stream media. tongue

2. wbfree profile image61
      wbfreeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah here we go again. The liberal media jumping the gun again. In their haste to attack Sarah Palin, they disgrace themselves and have egg all over their faces.

I'm so sick and tired of intellectual fools and liars jumping all over someone without getting their story straight.

Paul Revere DID warn the British. Read up on your history!! Paul Revere was captured and he did warn the British. Will the liberal idiots apologize to Palin and admit they were wrong. I doubt it. The damage is done and the dumbed down sheeple are running with the false report. I know this though. God said all liars will go to hell. It's going to be full.   

http://www.paul-revere-heritage.com/midnight-ride.html

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You may want to read it and see what Palin said again.

Then YOU can apologise to all of us!

Not amazed you are into the god thing and trotting others off to hell.

As you believe the invisible entity myth, you may want to pack the sun screen and asbestos underpants for your voyage. smile

1. wbfree profile image61
          wbfreeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

#1. I saw and heard what she said.

#2. Don't hold your breath.

#3. It ain't me. It's people trotting themselves there.

#4. Your disgusting revilements don't bother me. What goes around comes around. So smirk & smile on. God will see to it. We'll all see soon enough.

Still threatening people with your fairy I see!

One thing I have noticed about Americans. The fundies are almost always republicans.

Naturally I am terrified of your invisible fairy threat, we all are. lol

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How's the view from down there in the Palin pit?

The following is from FORBES. Not exactly a bastion of liberal thinking. The article was so good I copied it in its entirety. I like that he corrects history point by point.
        The end paragraphs are pretty good, too.
        Enjoy!

The Palin Apologists Strike Back!
        Jun. 4 2011 - 3:43 pm | 4,366 views | 2 recommendations | 33 comments
        By RICK UNGAR
        Following the Sarah Palin playbook of never admitting error, the ex-governor’s minions are busy flooding the Internet with ’proof’ that Palin did not misspeak when suggesting that Paul Revere warned the British that they would not be taking arms from the colonists during his ride where he, apparently, rung bells and fired muskets.

The effort to back up Palin is based on taking bits and pieces of facts surrounding the historic event that, when cut and pasted together, work to make Palin look a little less befuddled than her actual statement would indicate.

While I give them credit for the effort, I’m afraid that – to any rational person – it is a lost cause.

Let’s set the historic record straight.

The first meme being pushed by the Palin acolytes is that Paul Revere did, indeed, warn the British as to the troop levels of colonists awaiting them.

Not true.

What is true is that Revere was briefly captured (along with two others who managed to quickly escape) and held by the British while on his now legendary ride. With a pistol aimed at his chest, and then his head, Revere was forced to answer the questions put to him. He answered by lying to his British captors, misleading them by overstating the number of armed colonists awaiting the arrival of the Regulars in an effort to give the enemy pause and confuse their mission.

As made clear via Revere’s own letter setting forth the story of the event (which is making the rounds of the conservative blogosphere), and through any number of historic accounts, at no time did Revere warn his captors of anything, or make any rousing speeches as to how they would not be getting their hands on the colonists’ guns as suggested by Gov. Palin.

Revere did what any good patriot would do in that circumstance – he lied to the enemy to aid and protect his compatriots. Thus, when Palin’s legion of defenders suggest that Revere warned the enemy , they are suggesting that he sold out his side.

Any American should be distressed at this effort to paint Paul Revere as less of a patriot – all in the name of defending Sarah Palin’s ridiculous remark.

To be clear, I do not believe that Governor Palin, in any way whatsoever, sought to impugn Mr. Revere’s good reputation. It is her supporters who are pushing the argument that she was accurate in her statement by suggesting that Revere warned the British by telling them about his ride and the militia troop strength. These are the people who, in their zeal to protect their leader, are making a hero of the Revolution into a traitor.

The next bit of fractured fairy tale being peddled by the Palinistas suggests that while Revere may not have been literally motivated by his desire to protect the colonists’ right to bear arms, this is what it was all really about so no big deal that Palin didn’t get it exactly right.

Wrong again.

First off, Revere’s mission took place at the behest of Dr. Joseph Warren, a Boston leader of the revolutionary cause, for the purpose of warning Samuel Adams and John Hancock – who were staying at the Hancock home – that the British soliders were likely coming to arrest them and that they would do well to get out of the house before they were taken.

Further, while it is absolutely true that the British did have their eye on the gunpowder stockpiles at Concord, Revere’s mission had absolutely zero to do with this. He was all about getting to Adams and Hancock while passing the word along the way of the coming arrival of the British Regulars. Thus, using this bit of history to find some basis in Palin’s remark that, “He who warned the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms….” is as absurd as the original statement and only serves to further highlight the same.

Finally, the apologists are pushing the story that Palin wasn’t altogether wrong about the whole bells and musket- firing thing.

Giving the Governor the benefit of the doubt, I suspect what Palin has done is take the story of Israel Bissell and garble it up with the Paul Revere adventure to come up with the imagery that would bolster her point.

Bissell is an unsung hero of the Revolutionary War who, independent of Paul Revere, had been sent to warn the colonists that the war had begun. Bissell accomplished his mission by riding into towns, ringing the church bell and firing his musket to get the attention of the residents so that he could pass along his message.

Which brings us to the real point.

The one thing the Palin defenders might well be right about is that Governor Palin was not involved in a ‘gaffe’ at all.

Rather, there are two more likely explanations.

The first is that Palin, who had attended a presentation dealing with these topics just prior to her statement, could not manage to focus during the entire presentation and only got bits and pieces. She then put the parts that she remembered together to come up with her interpretation of events.

But I don’t think that this is what happened at all as I suspect Palin is fully capable of focusing on the lecture.

I think that, in typical Sarah Palin form, she took the more colorful parts of a number of stories and threw them all together to support her narrative that the start of the Revolutionary War was all about the colonists right to bear arms. She wasn’t going to let the details of history get in the way of a good story where she could string a bunch of words and bits and pieces of disconnected stories together to reach her intended, “it’s all about the guns” message.

I fully support Governor Palin’s right to pursue her right to bear arms message. But does she really need to mangle our history in the effort to do so?

One final note in response to the many who have sent emails excoriating me for not, in the earlier piece I wrote on this subject, pointing out President Obama’s gaffes- despite the fact that the piece had nothing to do with President Obama.

Many politicians, of all political parties, make mistakes in speeches. That would certainly include the President and, even more certainly, the Vice-President.

But what they all tend to have in common is that, once the mistake is brought to their attention, they apologize for their error and set the record straight.

I can only think of two politicians on the scene today who do otherwise.

Michele Bachmann simply clams up after some of her super-goofs and moves on, preferring to rely on the flub being forgotten when the news cycle passes.

Sarah Palin, on the other hand, likes to double-down and dig the hole deeper. Not only does she not apologize for mistakes, she drags it out by defending the errors and encouraging her followers to do the same. She knows that her people believe pretty much anything she says so accuracy is not a high priority to her.

If this is acceptable to you –fine.

Personally, I would prefer our supposed leaders expose the public to actual history rather than the version that suits their political message.

contact Rick at thepolicypage@gmail.com

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
          uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WOW Oly edit or summarize and post the link.

Wasn't Oly, 'twas I.
            I posted in its entirety specifically as a rebuttal to the accusation that the liberals owe Palin and her followers an apology because she correctly quoted the REAL story of Paul Revere, the traitor. sad

I was very aware that despite the giant posting that it was not Oly but the advice I gave him seemed to apply - edit, summarize, encapsulate, paraphrase, quote and post the link.  That thing was too long and the length alone tried my patience because it was little more than gnat straining and kvetching.

2. tHErEDpILL profile image82
              tHErEDpILLposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She said,

"He warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms."

Please don't make me quote her whole idiotic response.  Whether you believe the 'hero' Revere story or the 'traitor' one, her statement mad no sense and somehow seems to not stand on either side.  How the f can you warn someone that they're not going to be doing something.  When she talks it makes everyone scratch their heads.  Mighty Mom honestly, I think your defending her because she is a women. Based on your profile picture and the statements you have made in this forum particularly the long one above, it is clear that your opinion of her is based on bias and not fact.  You do not have to defend her because she is a women.  GO ride with Hillary, at least she's smart.  I am not trying to be sexist but, this is why we haven't had a female President yet.  America picked a black man before picking a white women.  Most people's perception of women is that no matter right or wrong, when a women is being picked on they jump up to defend.  You are perpetuating that stereotype Might Mom...shame on you  mad

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
                Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She is kidding...have you not read any of her other posts in the political forum?

1. tHErEDpILL profile image82

I hope so, but some of these people in here are actually standing behind Palin.  All I know of is this forum, if she is being sarcastic she needs to do a better job.  Unless her goal is to piss people off, if so I have to say...BRAVO!  smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
                    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I swear if she all of a sudden became a communist satanist these people would bend over backwards to defend her.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78

WTF?
                Me, defend Sarah Palin?
                I don't know where in the world you got that idea.
                Have you read any of my hubs deriding Mrs. Palin -- starting in 2008?
                I have never, EVER defended anything that woman has ever done or anything she stands for (not that I really understand what that is -- except self-promotion).

If Sarah Palin is the best either party can come up with as a candidate for POTUS, we are clearly not ready to join the civilized world and have a qualified woman at the helm.
                It's sad, but she is setting the cause back decades.

Not exactly sure where you so totally misunderstood my comments (?). As for going and and riding with Hillary, I would love to. I am and always have been a staunch Hillary fan (and her equally awesome predecessor Madeline A).

Ah yes, I now understand your view on her now.  I just felt like you were defending her based on some of your post.  As i have been told, you are definitely against her.  So that means we are on the same boat as far as she goes.  I will check out your hubs when I get a chance too.  I am so glad that women are not being blinded by her  gender and actually call her out on her BS.  She is like the female version of Bush Jr.  but some how even less intelligent.  She is either inadvertently or purposely giving women politicians ( I only use that word because she was some how the V.P. nominee), a bad name.

True. Palinspeak makes Bush's malapropisms sound smart.

2. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a BIG problem I have with Palin - she will never admit when she's wrong. Herman Cain made a flub in an interview the other day, and he came back the next day and fully admitted his mistake. In fact, he admitted that he didn't know the answer to the question. Know what he did? He researched until he found the answer. That's what most smart folks do. It's like Palin doesn't even want to learn. She seems to have no intellectual curiosity at all. Ugh.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72
            Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"It's like Palin doesn't even want to learn. She seems to have no intellectual curiosity at all."
            Exactly. She seems to follow the philosophy of "If I don't know it, it ain't worth knowing."

3. profile image0
        Texasbetaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is moronic. First of all, we are debating a fairy tale. Revere was one of about 50 riders that night, didn't yell "The British are Coming" because British soldiers were all over the place...and being that he was captured by the British, gives explanation to the issue of Revere being sent out "to warn the British." You can't warn the British that the British are coming. You don't warn the enemy that the enemy is coming, unless you are committing treason. Secondly, he didn't ride too far....Israel Bissell did the full ride. We are debating a poem that was inaccurate to begin with by Longfellow.

Bissell's ride:
            April 19, 10 am, Watertown, Massachusetts
            April 19, noon, Worcester, Massachusetts
            Pomfret, Connecticut
            April 20, 11 am, Brooklyn, Connecticut
            April 20, 4 pm, Norwich, Connecticut
            April 20, 7 pm, New London, Connecticut
            April 21, 1 am, Lyme, Connecticut
            April 21, 4 am, Old Saybrook, Connecticut
            April 21, 10 am, Guilford, Connecticut
            April 21, noon, Branford, Connecticut
            Fairfield, Connecticut
            April 23, 4 pm, Wall Street, New York City
            Elizabeth, New Jersey
            New Brunswick, New Jersey
            Trenton, New Jersey
            April 24, 5 pm, Philadelphia

1. profile image0

Again proving that Palin gets her history from her own mind, and children's story books.

4. kerryg profile image84
        kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's a huge difference between being captured and forced to give up information and yelling "nanny nanny boo boo" as he galloped past, which is what Palin appears to think he was doing.

And she's still blabbing about bells in her "correction," which is utter nonsense, and "warning shots," which is even worse. According to your own link, Revere went so far as to wrap his oars with a woman's petticoat to avoid being heard by the British, there's no way in hell he was out there firing off warning shots and clanging bells!

5. Jeff Berndt profile image72

You're utterly wrong, as is Palin. She had no friggin' idea what she was talking about, as usual.
        Revere didn't "warn" the British, and he didn't do that great a job of warning his fellow patriots, either. He only gets most of the credit because of the Longfellow poem.

I'm surprised that you don't see the irony in 'warning' people that 'liars will go to hell' in the same post as you try to convince us that Palin knows her history.

And he has a really cool house and some beautiful silver work (Revere bowls very popular in the east).
          And in the end, however well Revere did or didn't warn the TWO people he was intending to warn, he's the one who got the poem written about him.
          Although Sam Adams got a nice little brewing company in his honor. So he probably did better in the long run. lol!!!

6. tHErEDpILL profile image82

She said, "he sent warning shots and bells, and told them that they wouldn't be taking our arms."  Man, did you people who are sticking up for her see the actual footage?  Jeez.  Even if this women splits an atom I don't think its ever going to take a way from the idiotic things she's done in the past.  How can you not name one piece of literature that you read?  If your excuse is that she was overwhelmed by the pressure of V.P. nomination then I have a couple words for you.."If that question stumps her, I do not want her anywhere near nuclear weapons codes or in control of our armed forces."  I don't want her anywhere near the White House.  If this dimwit becomes President it will be open season on the U.S.  Similar to a substitute teacher taking over a class.  You get the metaphor?  Or is does that make 'too much' sense for you to understand?

3. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mighty Mom...lol

When I heard the "cretin:" Palin make those comments I fotfl (fell on the floor laughing).

You are a poet MOM!  smile:

Qwark

4. tHErEDpILL profile image82

Wait, is this person agreeing with Palin?  Mighty Mom, please go check out my hub, "The World Will End in 2012."  If you still want to stick up for that idiot after that I have nothing more to say to you.

We are not supposed to promote our own hubs here, but I have two about Sarah Palin. Should clear up my motives for you!
        I've probably started more forum threads about her than any other hubber.
        Hint: I consider PALIN a four letter word. lol

ah yes, then we are allies instead of adversaries? hmm cool!

2. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Those on the right actually believe that the left fears Sarah Palin. How could anyone with a functioning brainm actually believe she has a chance at being elected? Surely everyone in this country hasn't become that stupid, have they? lol.

1. profile image0

No kidding. I would LOVE for the right to run Palin. I find it hilarious that they actually get behind her, and shows the country what we are really up against. It isn't ideology, it is ignorance and the lowest common denominator vs everyone else.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72

Well, W. got elected in '04; that proves pretty much anything is possible.

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Nice work! Well said.
    Pailin is an intellectual pygmy and mental dwarf and worst of all a religious fanatic who speaks in tongues, supports Netanyahoooooooo and should be not be taken seriously by anyone with more than 2 brain cells.

When she ran the first time, most of the rest of the world saw America as a laughing stock. They will again if she nominates.

America even with a decent President is going to fall ar*e over head because no country can repay a debt that is more than the value of the bloody planet.

America has more mad fundies in government than the Vatican has money and Micks, and will die a slow and horrible financial death because of it.

4. Mighty Mom profile image78

I wish I had the creative mind to make this up.
    Gotta see the actual clip.
    It's Palin at her Palinesque.
    She's baaaacccckkkkk!!!
    I feel so bad for any serious candidates who have to beat her in the primary.
    But hey, if the GOP wants to simply hand over 4 more years of Obama, that's their right!

Link it.

Wow! Same old Palin.

Knows nothing and by all that is holy, she is not gonna be silenced from sayin it! !

Hilarious. That should be the end of her run, even the republicans will cringe at this one! lol

I wonder how the usual shock jocks are gonna rewrite this one!

No, they'll just work this revision into the Texas public school system's textbooks.  Palin is not an idiot, she's a profit

(spelling intended)

Touche.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The one I feel sorry for is Piper. The Kid has about a 10% chance at comming out close to Normal in a family like that.

amazing

5. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

Lets all just write in a candidate on the Ballot

How about...-------------

you guys fill it in..!

6. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

Palin is like a wart, she keeps coming back!

I just saw the news hour on PBS.

They were non partisan as usual, but gave Palin no chance at all. smile

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

The Tea Party reminds me a lot of a soft re-make of the Old John Birch Society. I hope we, the USA, can overcome all of this Garbage.

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
          Stump Parrishposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope so to Dutch, It doesn't look good with so many people hell bent on destroying this country.  It makes it a lot easier to NOT learn from history when you devote your entire life to rewritting it.  Surely those smart enough to vote for Obama the first time, can see what Obama has accomplished and will be out voting this time. The repubs are already trying to stop this from happening. They have passed a costly voter ID bill in SC that will keep a lot of people who vote dem fom making it to the polls. Unbalanced state budget and the repubs ram a multi million dollar ID bill thru. That SC has never had 1 case of voter fraud means nothing. Amazing how fast conservatives will spend money if it's to try and buy another election.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

That's not a coincidence.  The same family has funded both.

Things go better with Koch.
            NOT!

3. DTR0005 profile image61
          DTR0005posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dutch, the Tea Party is exactly that - a rewarmed version of the John Birch Society. Some of its current "inspiration" is taken right from Barry Goldwater's playbook of the 1960's.

7. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Earnest, you have a valid point about the fundies here in America. Wouldn't that make the Republican Party the American equivilent of the Taliban? I believe that I have proven that the repubs are the real enemies in the war on terror. I believe the dept of homeland security blankets should be informed of this.

I feel pretty confident you are right. The Republican party seems to have done a lot more damage to America than the Taliban ever have.

What blows my mind is the stupidity of the lies they tell, and the dopey fools who believe them even after they have been proved wrong a hundred times or more.

I understand they have every right to disagree with the other side.

Our Parliamentarians gets a bit childish when I listen to the broadcasts we get daily from our Government house which is broadcast when the house is sitting, so I get that it is a part of politics.

American politics are a whole different kettle of fish though, where outcomes for the country are ignored completely in favour of "He is a Muslim" and other such statements common.

I often wonder what the millions of American Muslims think of their beliefs being used as an insult?

It looks like deliberate sabotage to me too.

2 quotes sum up the republican's loyal voters.

1st by Dick Cavett...As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

2nd by Alfred Adler...It is easier to fight for principles than to live up to them.

8. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

"It looks like deliberate sabotage to me too."

Exactly.They never intended to do anything positive for America with Obama and the Dems in there.

It IS a deliberate sabotage.

And now they have the Bush years AND his 2 in office to blame him for everything in America, even though it is their doing.

2000-2008 never happened!

Poof!  It's gone.

Obama is responsible.
    Blame him!
    WE will get you out of it!
    Tax cuts work miracles!
    Really--believe us!
    Cause the last 2 go-rounds worked so well! What? It didn't?
    Blame Obama!
    Blame Frank and Dodd.
    Blame Clinton.
    Do not mention Bush. Just put his kind back in office so they can do it again....only worse.

1. qwark profile image61

Lovemychris:

You are placing blame on the wrong people!

Place the blame where it belongs: On WE-THE-PEOPLE!

WE-THE-PEOPLE vote them into office with no understanding that we are a "Republic!"...not a Democracy.

"Dumbed-down" American voters don't know the difference!

Then bitch like hell when those whom WE-THE-PEOPLE placed in positions of power and control, screw up royally!

The Amerian voter is scary!

Qwark

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I the people never voted for Bush, either time. That gives me the right to b*tch about it.
        After all--a big bumper-sticker around Mass was "Don't blame me, I voted for Muffy."

Well--don't blame me for Bushco. I had nothing to do with that crew of creeps.

1. qwark profile image61

...I'm gettin' old and voted "libertarian" last election.
          I will never vote again.
          Remember this: Money talks BS walks!
          Money controls every facet of life on this planet!
          Politics is but a "pawn."
          Qwark

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
            Moderndayslaveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

BINGO !!!

1. qwark profile image61

TY Modernday...smile:

Qwark

9. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago
  10. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

Very nice......what a resemblance..

I noted this too halfway through "Nacho Libre"..

I continue to contrast Palin's ongoing parade of charlatanry to a particular comment she made on her "wild" Alaska adventure telivision show...  Paraphrasing, she spoke about how she would like nothing more than to stay up in Alaska....inferring that some kind of greater sense of duty was compelling her to travel south...

Unfortunatly she has been stuffed so full of her own ego (and resulting profits) that she can't see the fool we all know her to be...

She is the chief of the court jesters that attempt to masquerade as political figures...

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have never actually seen an image of Paul Revere until this thread prompted me to do a little reading.

11. mikelong profile image61

On a tangent, turning on Fox Schmooz, they are running a special "report" entitled "The War Over Medicare"....

Always war analogies.......Fox epitomizes media driven fascist mentality..

Interesting.
      So what happens when the Replicans "lose" the war because seniors and Democrats insist on keeping Medicare intact????
      Oh right.
      They never admit when they lose.

12. safiq ali patel profile image67
    safiq ali patelposted 12 years ago

We can blame the President but the fact is the economic meltdown of the United States of America had already started before Obama launched his bid to become President. We keep falling into recession and the great big challenge is not who will run out country but who will make recessions a thing of the past. The real challenge is one hundred percent recession proofing...

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nobody seems to have noticed that the US isn't isolated. There is a global recession, not just a US one. And Obama can not be held responsible for that, it was all the fault of our Gordon Brown who brought about global recession all on his own (if we are to believe the right wing nut jobs)

Doesn't look too good for capitalism does it? In fact it makes capitalism look decidedly dodgy, if it didn't already.

Don't worry--it already did!

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60

Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain are all teetering on the brink of economic collapse.  Which of these is less a socialist leaning mixed economy than the UK.  The Greek government attempts to unwind disastrous socialist light programs and the recipients of public largess flood the streets.  It will be necessary to eject Greece from the EU before all is said and done.  How many  Drachmas will there be to the Euro - 500?

This global economic crisis is showing the cracks in the Democratic Socialist governments in Europe.  Makes all that liberal economic policy seem a little dodgy, too.  It will take about 2 more years but I can see Germany and France dividing up the EURO zone countries.  Germany will demand some measure of fiscal responsibility with only a few of the Vilnius 11, Scandinavia and maybe the UK  meeting the criteria.  France will seek a maintenance of the current EURO zone composition with an increase of financial commitments between the fiscally sound and responsible states and the insolvent and irresponsible states. It will be a bailout dwarfing the foolishness here.

Just as the American era of freedom and prosperity is coming to a close so is the little window of stability Europe has enjoyed since 1948 and Benelux.

2. qwark profile image61

Safiq:
      Of course you can blame Obama, he's the titular head of state.
      But he's not responsible for our problems. WE-THE-PEOPLE are!
      Qwark

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is correct.  The majority of the voters let themelves be bamboolzed by a slick talker that has no clue and no leadership skills.
        But the fact is, the president has less to do with our problems, than Congress does.  They send legislation to the president and most of what they have sent has been useless or worse.  We keep electing out of touch legislators just because they are incumbents and most voters are too lazy to find out about the candidates before they vote.

The first task on the aganda of each party in DC is to stop the other party from accomplishing anything. If the repubs are incapable of fixing the mess, thay are damned sure not going to let the dems do it. The same can be said of the dems. Our government can be summed up as such...A government of the people, by the party and for the party. If the country has to fold to keep the other side from fixing it, well folks, thems the breaks in a democracy. You asked for a democracy and you got it. Should have stayed a republic as this country was originally formed to be. 

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I
          . am sure that in 1892 this educated Baptist Preacher had a grasp of the history of this nation's founding. It hadn't become fashionable to rewrite history rather than deal with it, just yet,

"The majority of the voters let themelves be bamboolzed by a slick talker that has no clue and no leadership skills." You're right; that was a tough 8 years. But then we came to our senses and elected Obama. smile

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60

He is head of state and head of government.  Titular means in name only.  He is bending under the weight of his responsibilities.

1. qwark profile image61

Uncorrected vision:
          smile: you must get your vision corrected.
          Yes, the Pres. is head of state but he does not control gov't.
          Our forefathers saw to that.
          Re-read the constitution.
          Gov't involves the Pres, congress, the senate and the Fed court.
          it was purposely set up this way so that one facet of Gov't could not usurp power and become a dictatorship.
          Being the "Titular" head of state, the Pres. can suggest and can veto, but the other facets of Gov't are in control. All facets of Gov't are supposed to act in concert to protect the people.
          In a Republic gov't rules, not the people.
          Blame the dumbed down voter for not understanding and thinking we are a democracy controlled by the people!
          Money is the master of all!
          Qwark

Check what head of government and head of state mean.  They have specific meanings.

1. qwark profile image61

...I made my point!  smile:
              Qwark

Not much of a point but I suppose if you want to be wrong than you succeeded.

13. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

from a blogger:

"two more facta non grata need to leave the world stage: usury and fractional reserve banking.

Without the total removal of these two private 'mafia' tactics, the civilised world is utterly destined to go down, and go down hard"

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

add one more please, lightening trading, computer to computer no Human interaction, no trace of how or what was done to make the trades.

Big banks owning the supercomputers and front  businesses that do it.

2. Moderndayslave profile image60
      Moderndayslaveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We're like a bunch of smokers or drug addicts, We know what is killing us but we do nothing about it ! There is a way and we can do it legally yet no interest, no pun intended

14. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

She's hawt. If she'd stop talking, she'd win.

It's not just the content of her speech.  I'd rather listen to an hour of nails on a chalkboard than another minute of her caterwalling.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, she is kind of screechy.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image61
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

don'che'know?

Palin needs a voicectomy! smile That is one helluva sound! lol

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61

isn't it hilarious that you can just read "Don'che'know" and immediately hear her voice in your head?

It's chilling.

That is exactly how it affects me! lol

2. Paul Wingert profile image61
            Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lol. Either a voicectomy or a MUTE button. Wouldn't you all compare Palin's voice to fingernails scratching down a chalkboard?

Exactly so.

15. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

While I think it is funny that people can even consider Palin intelligent enough to run a state, let alone a country, I think America's political problems stem from it's lack of separation of corporation and state. As long as big businesses have a controlling interest in Government there will continue to be laws and removal of laws put in to place which benefit corporations and not the American public.

Politicians will always be politicians, by which I mean devious untrustworthy liars often seeking their own self interests, or living in their own naive world and supporting their own personal agendas. 

However until you get a party in power which is willing to tax the rich, close the loopholes, represent the country rather than the company, I think America will continue to have serious economic and worldwide issues.

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Palin couldn't run a hotdog stand.

Or a mooseburger stand, for that matter. smile

16. Anolinde profile image81
    Anolindeposted 12 years ago

Another faux faux pas bites the dust.  Next!

http://bostonherald.com/news/us_politic … id=1343353

LoL, this women is the only person in the world with the ability to be right and wrong at the same time.  Wow.

Except the headline is inaccurate. A better, more accurately descriptive headline would be "Experts Grudgingly Admit that Palin's Remarks Could be Construed as Correct, If You Pretend That Paul Revere Deliberately Got Captured By the British Army So That He Could Tell Them That He'd Warned the Country's People About the Advance of the British Army"

Read the whole article.
      "Patrick Leehey of the Paul Revere House said Revere was probably bluffing his British captors, but reluctantly conceded that it could be construed as Revere warning the British.

“I suppose you could say that,” Leehey said. “But I don’t know if that’s really what Mrs. Palin was referring to.”"

Anyone who watched her in the video could see the panic in her eyes and the desperate tone in her voice: she was flailing.

Revere himself wasn't ringing any bells or firing any warning shots. He didn't set out to warn the British Army about the minutemen, but to warn his fellow Patriots about the approach of the British Army. He was trying not to be captured, which you don't do by making so much noise that the guys who want to capture you know exactly where you are.

BTW: Paul only gets sole credit because of the Longfellow poem. His fellow riders, Mr. Prescott and Mr. Dawes, are largely forgotten, mostly because Revere is easier to rhyme with.

3. Mighty Mom profile image78

The Boston Herald is one grade (maybe) above the National Enquirer.
      Consider the source.

17. SaMcNutt profile image61
    SaMcNuttposted 12 years ago

How are dumb are we, those who didn't know that Palin's statement has as much historical accuracy as anyone I know who isn't a Historian, actually better because most believe that the little they learned (and barely remember) in Elementary school was the historical account. Something is missing in our education. Palin is not a historian and yet she's closer to the mark than most Americans getting an education in this country.

I am not a fan of Palin but of History; not because I know it but, rather because I think it is important to understand it. I think people want Palin to be wrong but, the problem is most people do not know enough to judge for themselves and take the media's word for it. Yet, the talking heads are empty. Time to read books and form opinions without the static.

Sorry I rambled. Just think it is never fun to be told your wrong even when you know you are kind of right. I personally hate that feeling.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61

No, you're right, she was actually accurate.

But, unless she's gonna hit the nail on the head about 50 more times, she's still pretty dumb.

"I can see Russia from my backyard, that means that I have good foreign policy skills"

1. Anolinde profile image81
        Anolindeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Genuinely curious ... have you actually ever read the UNedited transcript of that particular interview (because the interview was heavily edited)?

1. SaMcNutt profile image61
          SaMcNuttposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What interview? I really don't care what Palin said, my point is based on history. From what she said it sounded like Drunk History, Flawed but not totally off the deep (as Historians are backing up) but, my isssue is with how little anyone else knows, thinking she was completely wrong.

Also, I never grew up in an ethnically diverse community and didn't really know what being prejudice was but, I see it more politically than I ever knew about ethnically, or religiously. Palin may be off base most of the time but, I am starting to think her distraction is keeping people from looking honestly at real political issues but, are prejudicing themselves against someone they don't need to vote for.

My question was for Evan, SaMcNutt.

Sorry, got caught up. Realized it after I posted it that you might not be talking to me. Ego, always gets in the way doesn't it?

The Russia one?

Nah, every time I listen to that lady I just want to rip my ears off my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxAO7cH-xrE

In this video, you see her asked questions like "how will more troops help the war in Afghanistan", to which she responds "we need to win the war! we need more troops"... which... isn't a response.

Most of her responses not only don't answer the questions asked her, but they go off on rhetoric diatribes that not only don't make sense if you actually focus on what she's saying.

There's something about her talking, each part of her sentences is a different slogan, and she tries to wrap each slogan into a sentence to make it seem coherent.

"We need to win... help our allies... get international support... to catch the terrorists... and find the weapons of mass destruction... while cutting spending... and catch osama bin laden"

This is what she sounds like. But when you LISTEN to it, you're just incapable of listening to what she's saying because it makes no sense.

Anyway.. Palin is a moron.

That's your opinion and your mind's made up, and that's fine.  By the way, I asked if you've READ the interview, not LISTEN to it.  In a way, I suppose I'm lucky I live in Japan, which means I don't get to SEE or LISTEN to TV broadcasts (I know that I can easily watch anything on youtube, though I couldn't even watch youtube up until just earlier this year because I didn't have broadband).  And because I live overseas, I have to actually go out searching for stuff on my own.  That's when I actually read the unedited interview transcript, and when put in context, I didn't think her answers were anywhere as bad (I realize they weren't perfect either) as many have been led to believe by the heavily edited version or by Tina Fey.

reading a transcript and hearing a person speaking is a BIG difference and to accurately form opinion on something that someone says, I think if possible both have to be taken into account.  If you were to hear what she said you might have another opinion.  Remember she is rumored to be running for president and perception is very important in the world today.  She will be seen, heard, and her words will be recorded but the leaders of foreign lands will be more focused on what they see with there own eyes and hear with their own ears.  And if she looks and sounds like an idiot then those leaders will think that we are all idiots for electing her.  Look what happened with Bush, most people can tell when a leader is an idiot, and if they are smart they take advantage of that situation.  Case mf closed.

I didn't see that particular interview, just read the transcript.  And I get your point.  I have watched her do interviews, but mainly just the ones this year.

I dunno what to say. The lady's dumb as a brick.

No, I didn't read the interview.

Doko ni sunde iru? Kyonen made gunma-ken ni sunde ita.

Niigata ni sunde iru yo.

No, she really wasn't. Revere and his fellows were so not riding out to warn the British army. They were riding to warn their fellow patriots of the British army's advance.

She can only be considered to have been correct if you do a lot of mental gymnastics, and pretend that he intended to get captured so he could tell the British army that they'd be meeting a lot of resistance if they continued their march. There's a difference between warning and bluffing.

Also, if Revere's purpose was "to warn the British" of anything, he could have done that the night before, and slept in the next day. Instead, he stayed up all night to warn everybody about the British army.

Finally, here's Stephen Colbert's excellent summation of the controversy. Skip ahead to about 4:15 to see his excellent reenactment of Revere's ride.

Colbert is a comedian (though intelligent). And you right, she didn't have the facts that a historian might have (not even close) but Historians are backing her up and NPR had an expert on who wrote about Revere stateing that Palin was in-line with what they know of REvere, though she bumbled it a bit like they do in Drunk History.

This isn't Longfellows poem.

No, no, NO! Historians aren't "backing her up."

They're saying, yeah, okay, if you want to look at it that way, I guess you could say Paul Revere did sort of warn the British after he was captured, kind of.

There's a big difference between that and "She was right."

"How are dumb are we, those who [believed] that Palin's statement has as much historical accuracy as anyone I know who isn't a Historian,"
            There, fixed it for you.

Nah, all that crap about "warning the british" and "ringing the bells" and "firing warning shots" was completely wrong.

She got 1 in 50 of her remarks correct - Revere DID attempt to warn the colonists of the British trying to steal their firearms.

She's like a broken clock: right twice a day.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

From the website:

"Dear Canada, We're terribly sorry, but full episodes and video clips of the Colbert Report are not available."

sad

3. Evan G Rogers profile image61

My bad

I'm gonna be honest. I didn't really care that much what that idiot had to say.

I just heard the part about "protecting firearms for the colonists" and i knew that was right.

But all that other crap was way off.

Well, at least I was right on half of what i said:

Wrong: "Palin got this one right"

Correct: "But she's still an idiot".

"I didn't really care that much what that idiot had to say."

Me neither, but what I do care about is the danger that others will listen to that willfully ignorant panderer and imagine that history really happened that way (and it's happening). The more she talks, and the more people give credence to the foolishness that comes out of her mouth, the stupider America gets, collectively speaking.

It's not only Palin...I'm telling you--it's everywhere...and even msnbc....after Comcast took over, it's Fox lite!!

They have hired Michael Steele as a consultant, and he says, "We need to get the jobs back up to Bush-level." And I'm thinking, WHAT? We LOST jobs with Bush....1 mil created in 8 years...Obama has facilitated more jobs in 8 months than  Bushco did in 8 years!

But no one said a word. No one disputed him, they just went on as if that was true!! And people watching will think so too...

It's re-writing history, as they are doing in Texas with the school-books.
              As Bush and Cheney and Rice, etc etc etc have done since they left office.
              And the more people say--"just forget it, Bush is gone"...the more we forget, and their version takes over.

Perception is reality, but dammit, the truth is the truth!

18. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Sarah Palin University's USA History 101 class is proud to present...

Heroic American Revolutionary of the day... General Benedict Arnold...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zw42H-ZRDI4/TbTb7dqlEJI/AAAAAAAABQE/J3j3T3fnSRg/s1600/Benedict+Arnold.jpg

Hi actions for the Revolutionary cause at the Capture of Fort Ticonderoga in 1775, the Battle of Ridgefield, and the Battles of Saratoga in 1777. are legendary

He was a man of such honor, that he endeavored to hand over West Point to the British, just to make the Revolutionary War a fair fight.

Centuries ahead of his time, he eventually moved to England after the war in order to begin the healing process that would one day lead to the Anglo-American alliance on World Wars 1 and II

19. tHErEDpILL profile image82
    tHErEDpILLposted 12 years ago

The Revere story has gone back and forth for years now, most of us are just going by what we learned in school and what is still be taught in school.  If they want to all of a sudden change the story, they need to change it in the text books too.  Other wise this women is still wrong.  Not to mention the fact that I still don't know exactly if she knew what the hell she was saying.  At the end of the day, based on what has been taught in school and what is still being taught in school she was WRONG!  It's like she's right by some kind of technicality!

This whole thing is a quagmire!!!   I thought he was riding around ringing bells, but then they say he's secretly warning people during a covert operation.  Someone needs to get the exact story correct so that we don't have this problem again.  She also said that 'Sputnik' bankrupted the Soviet Union and led to it's collapse.  Is she right about that too?  The Soviet Union did  dissolve...31 YEARS LATER!!!!! 

It seems like she is only capable of giving two types of answers:

1. The "I don't know" answer

2. The "vague enough for someone smart to make sound right somehow answer."

Either way, not good.

She wasn't right but, she wasn't wrong either. The British were trying to sneak up on unsuspecting British/ American Colonists and the Midnight Rider's alerted the town and basically forwarned them. In turn once captured Revere also gave them warning that the colonists weren't going to back down.

I am a fan of history not lazy teachers who teach a poem an think it is history. Longfellow used Revere as a heroic counterpoint in the poem. Heroic poems usually rely on a single hero. The poem was meant to inspire and give credence to that story but, is not essentially facts about the event. Teachers and underpaid and with limited sources, but I have oftened experienced a lack of depth and understanding in the lessons being taught in schools. Can you blame them, no but, it doesn't make it true.

Again, I am not a fan of Palin but I am less a fan of prejudice. I feel like the Palin thing is a Kansas City Shuffle pulled on the American people. We are going to wake up and find were at war with Europe but, were too busy arguing about something many seem to know so little about.

Also, someone earlier mentioned that Palin couldn't say she was wrong and yet I don't hear it from most people. Palin atleast has historians verifying some of what she said.

Long live free speech and the right to be an idiot if we want to.

20. Greek One profile image64

I bet if you asked her a series of basic history questions that anyone aspiring to political office in the US should know, she would fail.... Eg In what war did the Battle of Fort Sumter take place, who was President during WW1, etc

I bet a fair number of politicians would fail.. but I bet she would do especially badly

Yes Greek One I agree.  We need to put this woman on "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader."  After doing all we can to make sure that it is not rigged, we should have a clear, unopposed, conclusion to how dumb she is.  Forget this helping her fix her answers to make them correct fiasco.  Put it live...PRIME TIME!!!

21. mikelong profile image61

I thought the show was called "Are You Smarter than a Third Grader"....either way, Palin wouldn't make the cut...

What a loon she is.....a money-making loon (signifying that those giving her money must be loonier than her)...

1. S Leretseh profile image61
      S Leretsehposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"a money-making loon"

Freudian slip there Miguel?  Sounds like sour grapes. 10 years ago you, miguel, were likely making more than this woman.  She became financially successful and now , solely because of that success, she's incurred your wrath. Right? 

How to get on a socialist' hit list :  dare to actually succeed based on courage, personal sacrifice,  perseverance, hard work and smarts.

Wait a minute are you calling Sarah Palin smart?

She's done some very naive things. I don't think she's presidential material (I know, didn't stop  Barry Obama), but, yeah,  I do think she's a very smart person.

Why do you think she is smart, better yet why do you think she is 'very' smart?
            Also you said that she says naive things, have you never heard one of the very idiotic or plain dumb things that she has said?  If not I have a list of quotes and a hub that will help you out.

Don't make the mistake of thinking she's stupid. She's not. She's probably quite smart. But she's willfully ignorant, which is about a thousand times worse than stupid.

1. profile image56
                C.J. Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"But she's willfully ignorant, which is about a thousand times worse than stupid."

Possibly true and certainly not exclusive to Palin. Many Politicians are "willfully ignorant". Like those who have repeatedly voted on legislation without reading the bill. That sir is the pinacle of "willfull ignorance". The fact that I even make this statement, which will undoubtedly be seen as "defending" Palin is what makes this whole discussion sad.

She's not stupid. She is poorly spoken and like you said, at times seems ill prepared for various political discussions (i.e. willfully ignorant).

22. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Seriously, why does anybody even care what Sarah Palin has to say?  She can't go to the bathroom without it becoming a media blitz.  Sarah Palin just farted, the shot heard round the world.

We have to car Disturbia, because if this women has a "chance in Hell"  you might as well change that statement to, a "chance in America."  In other words, you see what happened the last time we had a complete idiot in office...what do you think when someone even denser is at the helm.  I would call her the Anti-Christ but I don't believe in that stuff and also, I am pretty sure from the stories I heard, the anti-Christ would be smarter than her.

I don't think she's shooting for the president - too smart for that.  I think she's interested in the vp.  The only man qualified to be president (in the GOP field), with a loaded sheet of accomplishments - public and private arenas - is Mitt Romney.

This country needs a qualified person right now.  Imminent disaster is on the immediate horizon.  Barry O has got to GO.

Okay, I will not debate with for fear that you have had some part of the left side of your brain(the analytical or logical side) lobotomized.

23. Greek One profile image64

Yup, lots of idiots out there...

http://benlocker.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/potato.jpg

24. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

I've only looked at the most recent posts here - sorry if this has already been answered.  Has anyone in this thread read the article from NPR that habee posted in another thread (OMG,...)?

Can you please post it, Aficionada?
      I want to see it but don't want to go chasing Ms. Habee all over the forums to find it:).
      Thanks!!

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is certainly a fact that, after the Revolution, Mr. Revere was treated as a true patriot. Had he disgraced himself or the cause, this would not have been. Hard to keep secrets back then. Living in a small community, I know how fast news travels, and bad news travels even faster. To arms! To arms!...and it wasn't Revere who was to give the lighted signal. The lights were for the town to be forewarned, and the riders were for the countryside.

2. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure, here it is/ here they are:

habee's thread:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/76762

NPR interview:  http://www.npr.org/2011/06/06/137011636 … aul-revere

25. tHErEDpILL profile image82

I have a feeling Sarah Palin is going to be the next Charlie Sheen.  I am pretty sure most of you get my drift here.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear Charlie Sheen is one of her media advisers.
      Along with The Donald.

lol

Well, we certainly have come a long way in our relationship since yesterday, when you *gag* *sputter* *groan*
          thought I was a Palin apologist!!!
          lol lol

26. Mighty Mom profile image78

For every person in the media or population supposedly out to "get" Palin there seem to be an equal number bending over backwards to apologize for her and demand that she be give special treatment.
    I agree with tHErEDpILL.
    You don't hear people asking for the benefit of backup transcripts for anything other politicians say. What they say is how they are judged.
    When Romney makes a speech, I don't hear anyone saying, "Oh, you have to read the full transcript, as he sounds a whole lot more coherent."

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression.
    This isn't the kindergarten playground.
    The same rules apply to everyone.
    Why, then, does Mrs. Palin get so darned many do-overs?

Correct Mighty Mom, if this women is attempting to be our next President it should be no holds barred.  No help, no assistance.  Her against her advisories.  Our Presidential nominees have to prove themselves before we buy there tee shirts and root for them in the crowd.  After all the whole election process is like the WWE.  One big FAKE popularity contest...and it is capital A-American to root for the cool person with the one liners.  She ain't it.

27. tHErEDpILL profile image82

If she becomes president, SNL will have a goldmine on their hands and Jon Steward will become a GOD!

28. mikelong profile image61

"a money-making loon"

"Freudian slip there Miguel?  Sounds like sour grapes. 10 years ago you, miguel, were likely making more than this woman.  She became financially successful and now , solely because of that success, she's incurred your wrath. Right? 

How to get on a socialist' hit list :  dare to actually succeed based on courage, personal sacrifice,  perseverance, hard work and smarts."

You are making quite a few assumptions...and they are incorrect.

Wrath? It is hard to denote the tone behind written words, but it was not wrath as opposed to making a simple observation...

The "success" Palin has received has very little to do with "smarts"....otherwise she would have been on her "A" game a long time ago....but she continues to diddle and blunder her way on...

She really is "working hard" on that contributor's dime...

In terms of socialism....opposing Palin does not require such an association...  If the connection you made were true, being that the majority of the nation thinks Palin is an idiot, they must all be socialists as well?

Making observations, positive or negative, about a politician does not necessarily entail a political motivation...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)