DO you need Fitness Advice?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Rockwell Fitness profile image56
    Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years ago

Hello to all my fellow Hubbers.

I am opening up my time to answer any questions that you might have regarding fitness, exercise, health, nutrition, dieting, weight lifting, cardio and more.

If needed, I will write hubs on requested topics. If preferred, I can answer your questions privately.

My background:
    I have over 8 years experience as a personal trainer, group exercise instructor, wellness coordinator, health and fitness instructor, and lifestyle coach.
    <snipped link>
    <snipped link>

I hope you all are having a healthy and blessed day.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why can't I just lose the fat around my belly button? 

I am trying super hard but maybe not super hard enough.  This is what I do.

45 minutes of pilates 4x a week.
      45 mintues tae bo 1-2 week.
      3-7 miles cardio 3x a week ( takes me about an hour to an hour and half to complete)

I think I eat pretty healthy too.  I don't eat a lot of red meat, I like lean chicken breast.  I do enjoy pasta, whole wheat, and cut my rice portions down.

I don't use a lot of fat in anything but do consume probably less than 10grams of fat a day and not more than a couple of it is saturated fat.

I really don't consume a lot of sugar, I drink plenty of water.  I don't eat a lot of fast food but I also don't deny myself things like bread when I feel like I really want bread.  I eat sour dough or wheat.

Anyways... what's the deal?  Am I not working hard enough?  Should I double my cardio?  Oh and I do rest 1 day a week.  Should I rest more?

Okay that is all the questions I have right now.  Thanks for doing this.  big_smile

Oh, and I am not trying to be thin.  I am already thin but I might shrink up to nothing trying to just get rid of the fat around my belly button.

Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1)What is your heart rate getting up to when you are doing your cardio?
        Here's a good link as to the importance of heart rate
        http://rockwellfitness.com/?page_id=1001

2) How many calories are you eating per day?

3) Check out my hub on tips for dieting and see if any of this can help your current eating habits
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Healthy-Diet-Tips-for-Beginners

4) AS I mentioned to the previous poster, losing that body fat in the lower stomach area is the hardest to do and it takes the longest. What weight training exercises are you doing?

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well if the machine is accurate, I get my heart rate up to about 170-180 usually but sometimes up higher.

I don't nit pic my calories but I get about 1500 give or take a couple hundred a day.

I don't do a lot of weight training.
          I do use some weights with my lunges and sometimes do some light reps for my shoulders and back on the machines, tri an biceps but not much for my legs... injury it's painful.

But I will check those links you left.  Thank you.

2. Kelsey Tallis profile image62
    Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years ago

I have a question. I'm starting a "detox diet" tomorrow with some friends online, I started a thread about it here (although no one has replied to it): http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/13880

As a fitness instructor, what do you think about it?

NOTE: It is based on a book (don't have the title handy atm)

3. Rockwell Fitness profile image56
    Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years ago

Kelsey,

There seems to be some good ideas in this program that you are trying.
    I have a few questions for you first:
    1) Have you seen a doctor in regards to dieting?
    2) DO you have any history of health conditions?
    3) Have you ever done something like this before?

Lastly, make sure you write down everything you do.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-importance- … -Food-Logs

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image62
      Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1) No, I've been eating healthier and minimizing my portions over the last year and a half. I lost about 30 lbs. last year and have managed to keep it off. I do a combination of bellydancing and yoga exercizes (when I don't get lazy about it, lol!).
      2) Only back problems, but the bellydancing and yoga has actually helped with that.
      3) No, but the diet seems pretty well-balanced in terms of food groups. It also comes well-recommended by a couple friends who have tried it. Caffiene-withdrawl is my main concern--I'm going to mix regular green tea and decaf green tea for the first couple days to wean myself off the caffeine (I don't put sugar or honey in my green tea anyway).

Also, on another note regarding your hubs: I haven't been here long but it seems that longer hubs typically do better and adding photos and videos help keep readers on the page longer (the amount of time someone stays on a page seems to make a difference). Can I suggest combining some of your articles to make each hub longer and adding pics/videos to boost the visual apppeal? (Health videos would really help imo)

4. expectus profile image73
    expectusposted 14 years ago

Hey, rockwell fitness smile

Got a question for you regarding how much zinc people who workout 3-4 times a week should be getting. I read so much random info on zinc intake and the conclusion is its pretty much impossible to find your perfect dose, without a proper blood test.

How much zinc do you currently take? or what multi vitamin are you using. I know zinc is closely related to testosterone production aswell as healthy skin and a whole lot of other stuff, was wondering what you would recommend?

Also any tips on getting those lower abs to come through, I can feel mine but there is no definition. I might just blame genetics:P

thanks

Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Expectus,
      Here's a link to a summary I did on Zinc
      http://rockwellfitness.com/?page_id=1994

I personally take GNC Mega Men Sport Multi Vitamin... As always I recommend not going over the DRI which is set at 11mg for men and 8mg for women
      Here's a good link on the DRI in case you are unsure of who they are, what they do, and how they do it.
      http://rockwellfitness.com/?page_id=1590

The lower abs is the most difficult spot to lose that body fat. We all have struggled with it. The best way is to lose body fat and tone up. Are you doing any cardio? How's your diet?
      What abdominal/core exercises are you doing?

5. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I just read you site about max. heart rates.  It looked like gibberish to me.  I didn't understand the nomenclature.

I know that the machines, when I put in my weight and age and fitness goal calculates it for me and for my age my target heart rate is 170. 

Maybe I should be pushing for 200 instead.  Even though I am 31, do you think it is possible that my bodies internal age might be lower?  If so, do you think it would be a bad idea to put in, I dunno, age 26 or something?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)