God Reveals Which Church Is True & Is Exposing All False Churches

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (93 posts)
  1. heavenbound5511 profile image65
    heavenbound5511posted 12 years ago

In Revelation chapters 1-3 God is clearly against these churches- calling them synagogues of satan, luke warm, liers,& that they left there 1st love Jesus Christ.

Rev 2:12--And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

14But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

15So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

16Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

18And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

19I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

20Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

24But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

Rev 3:1--And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

2Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

It is so important to be able to tell them apart. We have been told how to if we'd just pay attention. The real Christians are being called the false christian's or crazy because they don't know who's who. We will know them by there love, fruits/actions and the signs that follow them.. Jesus makes it clear.

There are only 2 of the 7 Churches that were acceptable and honorable to God and all the rest he said he was against--

Rev 3:7--And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

11Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Rev 2:7--He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

8And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

9I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

10Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

11He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

God isn't the author of confusion He gives us wisdom and knowledge to live by - Satan is the one causing all the confusion.
    God is removing all false churches- shaking there foundations.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus warns these churches that their candlestick will be taken away if they do not get their act strait.

Has anyone checked to see what has happened to these churches sinse then.
      How many of these seven churches still exist today.

In this case I'm talking about how many of these church buildings are still standing.

All have, over time, been destroyed except for two.

I have often wondered if this might be symbolic of anything. ??

heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The things God is against in 5 churches are the same subjects of sin that is within a lot of the churches today.
        This is one of the valid reasons unbelievers are so confused about who is the Body of Christ.
        The pharisees even had a form of religion but it was not of God, even though they claimed it to be.
        Just like the pharisees told others not to sin- but they were doing the sins they told the people not to.
        Also there are a ton of dead churches today that do not let God's Holy Spirit in and they are leading the church- not God.
        Many of them line up and do the things that the 5 of the 7 seven Churches had done in the past. This is a warning to the churches of today.

I agree, The behavior that those five chruches were being accused of then are currently being practiced im modern times.

I just find it interesting that those five church buildings that was being referred to are no longer standing.

And the two still are, however one of them was converted to an Islamic Mosk.

Not jumping to any conclusions.....   Just find that interesting.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
            Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The body is the residence of god. That is the true church. The Temple has been rebuilt (ad infinitum)

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
            Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When churches are referred to in the Bible, they aren't buildings but bodies of believers.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74

Or to make it easier to understand, not bodies of believers but groups of believers.

2. Jerami profile image58

I was also.   OK    That group of people hanging around their building (five of them) got run off and their building was destroyed,  except for those other two .

As I said beore,  I wonder if this is symbolic of anyhing.
              I don't know,  just wondering,  that is all.
                You know how God works in mysterious ways and all.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74

Some commentators interpret these churches as church ages and say the age we are in now  is the last church. We are the one that is luke warm and he will spew us out of his mouth.

It matches up to the church that is now in the US.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

What?

All 30,000 of them??? lol

If they don't repent and return to Christ than they will be exposed and brought down for falsely claiming the name of Christ without good fruits, love and spreading the Gospel of Jesus in love as there #1 goal.

2. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Earnest - you have to catalogue them all, then divide them into types, then categorise them all and cross reference them, then sort the who are from the who they say they are, then you have to cheic if any of them ever did any of the things they are supposed to have fruited, then babbliate them by gobbledygook and wait a few thousand years to see who is left after they have collectively inspired the nuclear holcaust that appears to be on the way centred on Israel totally funded and provoked by their collective goodnesses, then you wil see them float up to heaven raptured, then maybe we can start again without such twaddle in our culture and have another go at civilation after a few thousand years.

It's not that confusing. Can you not read what the bible says about who's following God and those that are not? These signs follow those who believe and faith without works is dead, by there love you will know them.
        You should know that telling you how Jesus can forgive and save you is love. God loved you so much that He sent Jesus to die for you. This is love. If I hated you I would not  tell you the truth. Seek God - accept Jesus and let God clear up those things you doubt. After all God's promise is if anyone lack knowledge or wisdom they can seek him for it and He will give it to them. 1st step to knowledge choose to believe what Jesus did for you to save you, forgive you, redeem you is enough and that God raised Him from the dead and He lives. It's a choice- than God confirms to you that you belong to Him and reveals himself more and more as you seek Him and His ways.
        Until we accept Jesus there will remain a veil that's blocks are understanding- sin causes this veil.

1. recommend1 profile image60

Well - there lies the problem.  I have seen many things in my life and the hate and destruction that follows all your religions based on an old testament god is testament enough for me to reject it as a desease of civilization that should be treated.

3. aka-dj profile image67
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, not 30,000, just 29,999.
      Mine is the ONLY correct one!
      Don't you know ANYTHING!
      Sheesh! hmm hmm hmm

lol lol lol

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're in good form DJ! lol

1. aka-dj profile image67
          aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Making people laugh, or at least smile brings me great satisfaction.

I don't take myself too seriously. Sadly, so many do. (here on HP I mean).

3. earnestshub profile image80

Let me understand this.... You are saying that the followers of 30,000 religions are going to have to subscribe to your one version of "the true religion" ..... or alternatively they are gonna cop it in the neck from the magic invisible pink unicorn god entity thing?

I don't know if I can even cope with this.

Do you do standup?

1. secularist10 profile image62
      secularist10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haha.

The technical term for this kind of standup is "preaching." smile

2. heavenbound5511 profile image65

No not all religions - But those that are claiming they are Christians and really are not.

4. Diane Inside profile image74
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

okay so which church is suppossed to be the real church I missed it?

Rev 3:7--church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David(Jesus Christ), he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name(Jesus Christ).

And the church in Sardis- the martyred church (those that are killed for claiming Jesus and/or not renouncing Jesus Christ)

This means those that are putting Jesus 1st and spreading the Gospel of Jesus- which will go to all four corners of the earth- those that are spreading the Gospel in the love of Christ.
      Those that claim Jesus and do good deeds mixed with faith/trust in God.
      If they do not have love than they are not of God. His people will be in one accord around Jesus as there center.
      God's people/ His church will and are healing in the name of Jesus, casting out devils, and speaking in new tongues.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, you don't understand.  One lifetime is not enough to even scratch the surface of the study of each religion.  You appear to have found the 2 that are correct, however, if by nothing but sheer luck.  You didn't have to research all 30,000.  Which two are they?  So that we all may know and follow their teachings?

Those that lift up the name of Jesus, those that love, those that have the signs following them of healing, casting out devils, in Jesus name.
          Those that spread the gospel of Jesus.
          Not all christian churches do this you know?
          It's not by title/ or denomination.
          Those that do the works of Jesus. The ones that people are calling liars- when the people are actually being healed and delivered from evil spirits in a lot of places in this world. They all lift up the name of Jesus.

But all (Christian) churches lift up the name of Jesus and claim love.  Many claim healing and casting out of devils, but I have never witnessed either one that I could verify actually happened.  Just the claims that they do it.  All claim that they know, and will give us, the true gospel.

Which two have you picked as the true church?  Are they major religions?  Or an offshoot of one of those?  Are they just a single church building in rural America somewhere?  Who has the one true church?

Not true Wilderness- there are many churches that claim Jesus but deny the power in His name to heal, deliver and set free.
              It's watered down they only teach some parts. Plus the sermon is to be lead by the Holy Spirit.
              That means a pastor that God has called to be a pastor may plan a sermon but God may change it when His spirit is stirred up in the pastor teaching. Our plans our not God's - so we must be sensitive to His spirit.
              People Sometimes people are afraid of what they don't understand- like healing in Jesus name, or even casting out demons. We have to only do this stuff as we are led by God or it will be ineffective.

Also I am not talking about a certain religion as in a certain christian claiming church. Most that put there religion title above Jesus should be a clue.
              Like asking someone what they believe and they say I'm this or that but not I'm a Christian first or even a follower of Jesus.
              Also those that go around claiming Jesus- but at the same time saying there form of religion is the only way- not Jesus as the only way-BUT there titled religion within the Christian- like secs.
              We are to pray for the church God wants us in -in Jesus name. God will lead anyone willing to follow Him.
              Also we are to make sure it lines up to God's word. The bible tells us to study to show ourself approved- we must learn God's word.

That's what I meant.  Churches claim all the right things but don't deliver.  Instead of being places of love, kindness and worship they have turned into basketball courts, dining areas, soccer fields and fancy offices for church VIPs.  I've had no luck at all finding one the delivers what it claims.

I have read the bible to study God's word, but didn't like it.  It portrays God as a cruel, vindictive racist with no morals, liking only the Jewish race and murdering innocent Egyptian children.  Even whole worlds full of people are said to have died at the hand of the God that loves us all.  Ridiculous.

Why won't you tell us which church is the true one?  Do you not know, either?

Having basketball courts, dining areas, soccer fields and fancy offices for church leaders isn't wrong. It's about do they hold Jesus up, do they proclaim the gospel of Jesus, do they love people, help people, pray for people to be healed in Jesus name. Does the word of God taught cause conviction with in you and cause you to want to change, is it taught in love, those that love God want to do what pleases Him.

Jesus is to be preached in all ways- song, dance, actions, basketball, football in all ways. If we have to show love by being interested in something that's not a sin and brings glory to God-leading them to Jesus than it is bearing good fruit.
                  I already shared about the new covenant of God (below) and He isn't a murderous God he sent Jesus to redeem us, cleanse us so we can live and not die. God isn't going to allow sin to rein in His people to destroy us all. Jesus is the reason we are still living even though we sin against God- He is the reason we have chance after chance to repent-until our last breath. God hates murder and sin.smile

5. Diane Inside profile image74

There are so many interpretations of the scripture you provided, how do you know that your interpretation is the right one.

It's what it says- it's clear to me.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
        DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So you read the original Greek version of the new testament...Namely the book of Revelations...written in "John's" own hand and you understand it perfectly?

6. earnestshub profile image80

That is some veil!

It covers almost everything except your personal myth.

No gods, no fairies, no angels, no tooth fairy, no satans or people burning trees cos they refuse to bare fruit out of season, no death at the hands of any invisible psychotic entity because there is no such thing outside the myths that mankind has always manufactured trying to make sense of the unexplained, which was then most things!

We know how and why the Teutonic plates move, we no longer need to say goddunnit.

People do need to know there's true followers of God and the way to God is Jesus. They also need to be able to discern a wolf in sheep's clothing, deception from the truth.
      The bible clearly tells us what is true if we would read it and do what it says and believe what it says, and believe we are what it says.

7. secularist10 profile image62
    secularist10posted 12 years ago

Guess I better move to Philadelphia. I hear the job prospects there aren't too good nowadays, though.

It is an example that God gave us from before and His judgement on these churches & is sent for a warning to us now. This is what God isn't going to tolerate in any place that claims the name of Christ in the end days- to do it falsely. Before Jesus returns there will be great deception and confusion. There are so many dead churches out there and God's word warns us not to be found in this state.
      Also all the things God had against these churches are also found elsewhere in the bible.

8. Diane Inside profile image74

well whats clear to you in one way is clear to someone else in another way.

That is the problem with so many religions saying theirs is the one true church. 

You sound like you are judging others who say they are christian. And thats not very christian like now is it. 

This is why so many who do not believe, have doubts to the validity of anything a "Christan" says, because there are so many who cast judgment upon others, but can not possibly know the heart of another.

I am just sharing the bible and what it says. If anyone is in the state it says God is against at least they will have knowledge of it. We can do nothing if we do not have Godly wisdom/knowledge.

If judgement comes when reading the bible it is to convict us as in let us know "oh I do that and God doesn't want me to"" I want to honor God"-
      It is for reproof and correction. I am not giving my personal opinion on churches.
      There is so much confusion out there today and the bible has the answers we are looking for.
      And of course no one can understand the whole bible at once- God compares our spiritual growth to one as a baby taking in the milk 1st and later the meat. We start by accepting cleansing from our sins through believe and choosing to receive Jesus as our perfect sacrifice. = milk/also our foundation.
      Than we seek God for the deeper things and he leads us by his spirit.
      God even heals us through His spirit in Jesus name. I have felt the power/spirit of God and I have been healed by Jesus before. God has shown himself powerful in my life - and it all started by me accepting Jesus and receiving His Holy Spirit. After all that God has done for me- I would be crazy to turn around and lie to you all. Jesus is not a waste of time he has changed my life and will for anyone else willing to just believe and trust God beyond every shadow of a doubt and watch mountains move!!

9. earnestshub profile image80

Well here is some of what it says. smile

"I have wiped out many nations, devastating their fortress walls and towers.  Their cities are now deserted; their streets are in silent ruin.  There are no survivors to even tell what happened.  I thought, 'Surely they will have reverence for me now!  Surely they will listen to my warnings, so I won't need to strike again.'  But no; however much I punish them, they continue their evil practices from dawn till dusk and dusk till dawn."  So now the LORD says: "Be patient; the time is coming soon when I will stand up and accuse these evil nations.  For it is my decision to gather together the kingdoms of the earth and pour out my fiercest anger and fury on them.  All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy.  "On that day I will purify the lips of all people, so that everyone will be able to worship the LORD together.  My scattered people who live beyond the rivers of Ethiopia will come to present their offerings.   (Zephaniah 3:6-10 NLT)

That sounds more like neurotic threats than something a god would say. smile

HERE COMES THE NEW COVENANT:

David wrote:

"I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart" (Psalm 40:8).
      Delighting in God's law is not a normal human response (Romans 8:7). What is the POWER the new covenant promises that will help man OBEY God? It is the Holy Spirit dwelling inside a person:

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to THE SPIRIT.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.  For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin:  He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit . . .

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, IF INDEED THE SPIRIT OF GOD DWELLS IN YOU. " (Romans 8:1-4, 9)

The fundamental basis of the new covenant is the conversion process, whereby each day the believer draws closer to God:

"Therefore we do not lose heart.  Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being RENEWED DAY BY DAY." (2 Corinthians 4:16)

" . . . for it is God who works in you both to WILL and to DO for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

This change of nature results in an intimate relationship with God.

New Covenant Promise #2
      Forgiveness of Sin
      Forgiveness of sins, also necessary for a relationship with God (Isaiah 59:1-2), is another unique benefit of the new covenant:

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” (Hebrews 8:12)

The blood of bulls and goats cannot take away sins (Hebrews 10:4). Therefore, forgiveness of sins was unique to the new covenant. The Passover wine represents the new covenant in Christ's blood, which was shed for the remission of sins:

"Then He (Jesus) took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, 'Drink from it, all of you.  For this is My blood of the NEW COVENANT, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.' " (Matthew 26:27-28).

The Old Covenant was made at Sinai when Israel accepted its terms. The New Covenant is made at baptism when a person accepts Christ's sacrifice and commits themselves completely to God and His will.

New Covenant Promise #3
      Eternal Inheritance
      Eternal inheritance is a third unique and better promise offered in the new covenant:

"And for this reason He (Jesus) is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the ETERNAL INHERITANCE." (Hebrews 9:15)

Eternal life is more than a change from flesh to spirit -- it means a never ending relationship with God (John 17:3).

When will the New Covenant be offered to ALL the house of Israel?
      The main fulfillment of Jeremiah's chapter 31 prophecy will occur when the new covenant is made with the house of Israel (Jeremiah 31:31, Hebrews 8:10). After Jesus returns to set up the kingdom of God he will establish the new covenant with all Israel and ultimately all mankind. Malachi 3 calls the returning Christ:

10. Diane Inside profile image74

hmm where'd she go?

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

hi diane, hows it going?

1. Diane Inside profile image74
        Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hi hold  on

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

ok

1. Diane Inside profile image74
            Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

having trouble with messenger arghhh lol

11. earnestshub profile image80

And proof of even ONE healing in the last 2,000 years has never been provided has it? smile

People give there testimonies all the time and this is the witness you will get.
      I am sorry you couldn't follow them to there doctors, or even better be there to witness it first hand.
      The many many many witnesses- even those that hadn't believed have been healed and of course they believe now! And they all lift up the name of Jesus- because Jesus healed them.

No, they have all been investigated and proved to be false in reality, the Hinn thing is a money making fake, and you are repeating a story from fellow believers, not providing proof of anything. smile
        Don't even you find it odd that despite all the prayers daily for 2,000 years that not one has ever been answered?
        Show proof, not myth and conjecture and myself and every other human will join you in a flash. smile

That is a lot of prayers. do the math. smile

Really?

Hmm. Jesus has healed me of many things.

He healed my back, my bladder after the doctors tried for a whole year, headaches that I used to get daily for years, mitral valve prolapse, a incurable disease that runs in the blood,my hands, my feet-- other people when I prayed for them.

You have proof that it was jesus - and not the doctors and medicines that have cured millions and millions of others of the same things ?  You are special right ?!

No not medicine - even though God gave people the ability to make medicine- but God is the ones that causes healing.
              These are situation the doctors couldn't help my dear.
              Me so special? No- But Jesus gives the same chance to all to come to Him.
              We all have been given a free will- life and death have been set in front of us and Jesus gives us a hint and tells us to choose life. What Jesus gives no one else can!

2. earnestshub profile image80

I'm glad you are better of course, but proof?

If you or anyone else had anything remotely resembling proof of a miracle healing these days you would be first on google and on the cover of time magazine within a week...

The world doesn't recognize the works of God. There are testimonies given at churches, on the news at times, missionaries also give testimonies, there are the many testimonies of healing and deliverance that many worldwide have and are receiving from God because of Jesus.
              By the stripes of Jesus we are healed.
              The bible tells us about this too. Jesus was healing people and they crucified him for doing good and breaking their religious rules that had nothing to do with God.
              So the world still rejects Jesus even with witnesses and testimonies of Jesus healing and delivering today. This is not any different than when Jesus was here- most rejected Him.
              Many witnessed to His resurrection too and no one believed them.
              until you accept Jesus for who he really is your Lord and Savior this will remain an uncertainty of yours.
              God bless you! smile

Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.-1 Corinthians 8:6

He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--John 1:10-12

You sound like a broken cuckoo-clock.  Nobody believes because none of it can be proved.  The more enlightened in general knowledge we beocm the more we are able to see through the trickery and deceipt and the more ignorance retreats.  The Renaissance was over 500 years ago now, most of the world's population  knows religion and its babbling fools for what they are - just babbling fools.

And the saddest part is that the spiritual, good, useful and socially advantageous parts of the past are lost in the babbling of such lunatics.

12. earnestshub profile image80

As I said... the cover of time magazine.
    Every single "miracle" investigated has been seen for what it is...fraud.

Because you read the bible and believe it doesn't mean it is right or that you are either, but I guess you are too indoctrinated in your belief to even recognise that reality. smile

Hey Earnest-
      Where can I find info on the time magazine investigation on miracles?
      Not that I don't believe God heals- because He does. There will always be those few liars that will be used as a reason to not believe- or people lying about the power of God.
      I just want to read what you are referring to. Give me a link please.
      smile

I was giving an example to explain how famous you would become if you could prove a miracle.

A true miracle would  make the cover of Time magazine and you would then be famous enough to appear on TV talk shows for months.

I was not saying there is an article, but I would not be surprised if there were a few.

Here are a list of miracles for those inclined that way.

http://listverse.com/2008/07/14/top-10- … -miracles/

I guess the religious will squabble over which ones are real depending on the denomination of the subject being "miracled" (new word?) smile

It's not true that the miracles of Jesus would make front cover- because they don't believe even with the many witnesses.
          Now if it was a person in close relationship to you- you would have no choice but to believe in most cases- like cancer being healed, aids being healed and anything else with such magnitude.
          But the thing is that people don't trust strangers or the reports of strangers. The world thinks everything is a trick, lie, to good to be true like the false witnesses to products and new cures.
          Everyone is so skeptical because of how many times they believed a lie before and it got them no where.
          God isn't like man and he can't lie. He delivers on what He has promised.
          Jesus sacrifice for our sins, healing and deliverance will never lose it's power!
          The world is caught up in distractions, entertainment and not looking for true deliverance and healing!! smile

But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father [is] in me, and I in him.-John 10:8

Just a couple of points. You did not address anything I have raised, you just keep telling me what you believe is some sort of explanation.

I'm an old bloke who has been where you are 30 years ago, I don't need to hear what is in your version of the meaning of the pieces you choose from a book.
            I can quote scripture too. What about a proper discussion of reality outside your SINGLE source, a book that is missing more than it contains and rewritten to suit the agenda of whoever was in charge at that time.
            You have no proof for a very simple reason.
            There is none. smile
            Plenty of opinion, jesus said, all flavours of conjecture, opinion, fraudulent miracles.... but no  proof. Nothing to discuss without proof.

Earnest-

The proof is given when you walk it out.
              You must have been misled at some point when seeking God before.
              Everyone that has once believed in God and Jesus- and have walked away in my experience was/is because they were taught wrong, missing something that is a key to seeking God, they gave up while waiting to receive an answer from God, they saw some so called christian sinning, or something else that was done in error or misunderstanding.
              So no you have not been where I have- God proves himself to me all the time and proves His faithfulness.  What God has done for me is all the proof I need to know His word is true. In order to receive anything from God we have to line up to receive it.
              Somethings we believe God for - It requires God to takes us through a purging of sin process. Like we can't get it all right all at once so God addresses what is restraining us/prevent us from receiving what he has promised. Our sins, our bad choices interfer with God's plan all the time. He prunes these things (errors/sin out of our life one thing at a time in most cases.

Most of the time it is unbelief that is in our hearts that must be purged in order for us to walk in His fullness and spirit. The way this leaves is through prayer and fasting. Because of unbelief is the reason why Jesus disciples couldn't cast a demon out of the boy.

To believe is a choice, not a feeling- It is impossible to please God without faith- we must believe that he rewards those who diligently seek Him and that what he does for one he'll do for another- but we have to believe no matter what is pressing us not too. God has given us all a measure of faith and if it is cultivated will be like the mustard seed which grows to the biggest in it's category and even the birds find shelter in this plant.
              You can share how and what happened when you were seeking God- now this would really help in understanding you smile. It would be nice if I could understand where you are coming from more- but in order to do that I would need to know more about you.

God bless you! smile

13. jacharless profile image73
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

And then some!
    I wrote a piece on this years back. At the time, was reluctant to make it public, as I was already up to my neck in brimstone with two ministries.

But, you are not far off in your thinking, HB, regarding the text. It clearly states all and any people/person that are regarded in this manner are unable to enter into the KOH within. Their satan (thinking) keeps them from it.

Looking at the seven variations provides deep insides to manifesting Eternal Life in each person.
    Again, not seven spirits individually, but a sevenfold witness to the Testimony.

church 1: light within, lampstand removed because even though they were righteous in their thinking (avoiding sinful ideas), they forget the true purpose of their righteousness.

church 2: minor physical affliction caused them to be afraid, impoverished. They are reminded that the 2nd death has no power.

church 3: walk and act like pagans of old. Sensation seekers, wanderers in the desert, demanding manna to eat. The offer is a stone with a hidden name (attribute) that only the individual would know and true manna.

church 4: Jezebel versus REAL Fruit of The Spirit. The reminder is each will be judged by the deeds --under Grace, not the law.

church 5: Complacency of Spirit

church 6: Restoring the Temple within; a pillar!

church 7: A Double Mind

(sorry to shorten them, it would fit into 3 hubs, lol

James

Thanks for your comment and yes the seven churches in Revelation are very interesting and tell a lot more than many realize.

The church has become distracted taking on the ways of the idolatry letting satan come in to cause confusion.
      There is one truth, one way- Jesus Christ and any church claiming Jesus as their Lord should be firm in this.
      There are so many wish-washy Christians out there saying things like Jesus is right for me- but I won't speak for the rest of you in the world. This type of response is not being firm in our faith in Jesus.
      We tell the truth in love- not bending or wavering.
      We are not looking for the approval of man or this world's ways. We are not to conform to there ways. Those christian's that are standing against those sharing Christ in the right spirit are on the wrong side of the fence.
      All faiths do not lead to God and it's sad that satan has deceived even the Christians. Truth invading lies always causes a stir because satan wants us to remain in his grasp- and the offense that satan causes to rise up in unbelievers to causes them to remain blind.
      The number 7 has a lot of meaning to it too-
      There were SEVEN FEAST days of our Lord. (Passover, Unleavened, First-fruits, Pentecost, Atonement, Trumpets and Tabernacle). (Leviticus 23:1-44)

There were SEVEN branches on the CANDLESTICK in the Holy Place in the Tabernacle and this pictures the COMPLETE light of God for the souls of man.

Solomon was SEVEN years in building the Temple and kept the Feast for SEVEN days. Job had SEVEN sons. When his friends came to visit him they sat SEVEN days and SEVEN nights in silence, and afterward they were required to offer a Burnt Offering of SEVEN bullocks and SEVEN rams. Naaaman washed SEVEN times in the Jordan. The Saviour spoke SEVEN words from the Cross. SEVEN men of honest report were chosen to administer the alms of the church in Acts 6:1-7. There were SEVEN years of plenty and SEVEN years of famine in Egypt during the days of Joseph.

SEVEN times in the Book of Revelation blessing of the Lord are promised to His people. These are called the “BEATITUDES” of Revelation. These are found in Chapters 1:3; 14:13; 16:15; 19:9; 20:6; 22:7, 14.

There are SEVEN Dispensations -- Innocence, Conscience, Government, Patriarchal, Law, Grace, and Milleniah (sic) Age.

SEVEN times the Book of Life is mentioned in the Bible. The Book of Revelation is a Book of SEVENS. We have SEVEN churches, SEVEN seals, SEVEN Trumpets, SEVEN Personages, SEVEN vails (sic), SEVEN dooms, SEVEN new things. SEVEN SEVENS make up this Book . It is the COMPLETENESS of all things.

Jesus said to “forgive SEVENTY times SEVEN“ In other words, He is saying, “Keep on forgiving until you are complete.” Even the duration of Israel’s great punishments was based upon this law of SEVENS. Their captivity in Babylon was for SEVENTY years, ten periods of SEVENS. (Jeremiah 25:11-12; Daniel l9:2)

Life operates in a cycle of SEVENS. Changes take place in the body every SEVEN years. There are SEVEN bones in the neck, SEVEN bones in the face, SEVEN bones in the ankle, and SEVEN holes in the head. Most births are multiple of SEVENS. The hen sits three weeks (21 days); the pigeon two weeks (14 days); after having laid eggs for two weeks. Of 129 species of Mammalia (sic) the majority have a period from conception to birth of an exact number of weeks, a multiple of SEVEN.

Human physiology is constructed on a law of SEVENS. Children are born to mothers in a certain number of weeks usually 280 days, a multiple of SEVENS. Fevers and intermittent attacks of gout, ague, and similar complaints have a period of operation of SEVEN, FOURTEEN or TWENTY-ONE days knows as critical days.

All departments of nature are marked all over with mathematics. In this realm practically everything is in SEVENS. Notice next time the shape of frost when it crystallizes on the window. Notice the small snow flakes. It is wonderful how God formed everything in a pattern of SEVENS.

It would be well for the reader to always remember the SEVEN means COMPLETENESS or SPIRITUAL PERFECTION. Whenever you come to a SEVEN in the Word of God read the meaning and the message is plain.

SEVEN is found 735 times in the Bible. SEVENFOLD is mentioned 6 times and SEVENTH is found 119 times.

The SEVENTH time Noah’s name occurs is where it is said,

“Noah was a just man, and PERFECT in his generations.” (Genesis 6:9)

In the second chapter of Daniel, Nebuchadnezzar had a dream of a great image whose head was of gold, arms and breasts of silver, his belly and things of brass, legs of iron, and feet of iron and clay. (Daniel 2:31-33) Daniel told him that he was the head of gold (vs 37-38) In the next chapter Nebuchadnezzar made an image of gold to be worshipped. At that time he called together SEVEN kinds of officials to the dedication of the image: (1) princes, (2) governors, (3) captains, (4) judges, (5) treasurers (6) counselors, (7) sheriffs. The penalty for refusing to worship that image was death by being cast into the burning fiery furnace. THREE Hebrew children refused to worship the image and were cast into that furnace of death, and brought forth alive, thus picturing the resurrection, signified by the number THREE That furnace was heated SEVEN times hotter than it had ever been. Here is a COMPLETE DELIVERANCE FOR GOD’S PEOPLE from the power of death. (Daniel 3:1-27) When those THREE Hebrew children came out of that furnace of fire, or death, there was not a trace of fire upon their bodies or their clothing. When Christ brings His people out of death there will not be a trace of death left on them. The will be COMPLETELY delivered from its power.

It's is time for the fullness of the Body of Christ to manifest for the harvest.
      There's a quickening taking place right now in those that do and that are willing to have God's spirit. smile

The wisdom of God never ends it goes on & on connecting to each other.

Sorry I'm so in and out of these forums.
      It seems that I always have more to do than I can posibily get done.
      Today I'm getting ready for myself and brother to drive 600 miles to a funeral (tomorroe) along with the normal kayos.

James I like all of what you wrote above ..  a lot!

And heavenbound5511  ....  I like what you have written in your post as well.   All of your statements can be merged with James's quite well
        And I am reminded there will always be another opinion that on the surface might apear to be contradictory, but under closer scrutney, might well be joined to that which is already constructed in our belief..

The message that you both are expressing now is nothing like that which the church system has been teaching ever sinse the official establishment of it in 326.
         And that is all that I've been expressing except I have been doing it with a different attitude and a different prospective.

And carrieing it a few steps farther than most would want to go.
          Do you care to examine your theory one step farther than you have gone beore ?

Is this question for me?
        Are you talking about that I said God is exposing all false churches that don't have the foundation of Jesus but claim it?
        Please explain so I can give a response.
        God bless you!smile

Only the good part of my comment was directed at you.

Was directed at everyone.

14. earnestshub profile image80

and here are the medical cures for cancer that are bulldust so the gullible can avoid them to save their own lives, but if they read it and investigate it, that will be the real miracle. lol
    http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/GuidanceCompli … sbyFDA/ucm

15. earnestshub profile image80

Sorry, I will never believe your mythical nonsense, there is no magic daddy, all religions are myths.

Talk to me again when you learn the difference between myth and reality, and understand the simple truth that gods start in the mind, and that is documented well enough for me.

Read a few books by Jung and you will begin to see the source of your religiosity. I can explain that to you if you like, I have done so before, but will do so one more time if you like, as you are new to this forum. smile

16. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

The true church preaches the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, not the Gospel of Jesus Christ. just as Christ himself preached the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, not his own Gospel.

Matt 3:1-In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
      ...11I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he(Jesus) that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Matt 4:17 NLT-From then on, Jesus began to preach, "Turn from your sins and turn to God, because the Kingdom of Heaven is near. "

Matt 4:23 MSG-From there he went all over Galilee. He used synagogues for meeting places and taught people the truth of God. God's kingdom was his theme - that beginning right now they were under God's government, a good government! He also healed people of their diseases and of the bad effects of their bad lives.

Matt 4:23 NIRV--[Jesus Heals Sick People] Jesus went all over Galilee. There he taught in the synagogues. He preached the good news of God's kingdom. He healed every illness and sickness the people had.

He was telling them/preparing them to accept the new covenant that will be completed through His death on the cross to save them from there sins.
      Jesus says come all you you thirst and I give give you living water.. Jesus is the gospel of the Kingdom of God- This is how you enter into the Kingdom of God- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him shall have eternal life.= The Gospel of the Kingdom of God..

Matt 6:33 DBY--But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Rom 3:22-Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Rom 10:4 -Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Gal 3:22 -But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.

Matt 11:13 MSG--But if you read the books of the Prophets and God's Law closely, you will see them culminate in John, teaming up with him in preparing the way for the Messiah of the kingdom.

Matt 12:28 ASV--But if I by the Spirit of God cast out demons, then is the kingdom of God come upon you.

Jesus gives us the keys to the Kingdom of God
      17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Matt 16;18--And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus answering His disciples about the Kingdom of God..

Matt 19:25--When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

27Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

28And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matt 12:28 NLT--But if I am casting out demons by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God has arrived among you.

1 Tim 3:16 --Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He (Jesus) appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

1 John 1:2-- The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

2 Tim 1:10 CSB--This has now been made evident through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who has abolished death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

Mark 1:15--and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe in the gospel.

Luke 16:16-The law and the prophets [were] until John: from that time the gospel of the kingdom of God is preached, and every man entereth violently into it.

From the time of John- the gospel of the Kingdom of God= Jesus

One more time:
      Matt 3:1-In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
      ...11I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he(Jesus) that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Jesus is the way into the Kingdom of God- He is the message- believe in Jesus and be saved- only those that have accepted Jesus will enter into the Kingdom of God- for He is the Gospel and the message!!
      God bless you! smile

John 17:11--And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

17. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

The only, and I mean only thing that reveals any church is thier actions. God is saying nothing about the Churches, but Man is taking the Biblical words available and applying them as he sees fit.

You judge the Church and its people by its actions and the looks of it's "back door" and not by twisted meanings of interpretations. or a well meaning front put up for appearene or recruitment. Think...

1. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All very true and should be looked at. But the doctrine they teach is just as important. At least to me.

But... to each their own.

This was not really intended to point out a certain religion or building but to let those people know who are the real christians in this world- there's so much confusion out there and people that don't do the word of God or even believe it all and they call thereselves christians.

Fortunately (I think) God will judge the individual acording to their heart and not by the building that they sit in on Sat. or sunday morning.  Cause whether or not Ya even go to church is not an issue with God. 

It is what ya take with you, out of that or any other establishment that you may frequent, that counts.

that which comes out of our mouths is what corrupts our soul.

That which goes into the mouth corrupts the body which is already corrupted anyway.

1. TMMason profile image61
        TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen, Jerami.

3. heavenbound5511 profile image65

I agree that it isn't really a building with a name on it that God is about but we are the body of Christ not based on religion but a relationship with God through Christ- Our perfect sacrifice for sins.The whole body of Christ worldwide comes into one accord because and through Jesus.

18. earnestshub profile image80

Who made this god, which god is it, and how can it be right and all the other gods wrong?

What would make your version of your religion and your god special?

Oh that's right!

Megalomania! lol

OK    how are you today earnest?

UUHhh    was that mine ?

I am fine yet again today Jerami. smile I did not direct this to you, but I'm fine with that and your greeting. I hope I find you happy and well. smile

Genesis 1:1--In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2;1--Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Deut 31:16 BBE-And the Lord said to Moses, Now you are going to rest with your fathers; and this people will be false to me, uniting themselves to the strange gods of the land where they are going; they will be turned away from me and will not keep the agreement I have made with them.

Judges 8:33 BBE-And after the death of Gideon, the children of Israel again went after the gods of Canaan and were false to the Lord, and made Baal-berith their god.

1 Sam -12:21 BBE
      And do not go from the right way turning to those false gods in which there is no profit and no salvation, for they are false.

1 Cor 12:2 GW-You know that when you were unbelievers, every time you were led to worship false gods you were worshiping gods who couldn't even speak.

2 Cor 6:16 GW-Can God's temple contain false gods? Clearly, we are the temple of the living God. As God said, "I will live and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Baruch 6:44 TMBA
      Whatsoever is done among them is false. How may it then be thought or said that they are gods?

Baruch 6:50 RHE
      For seeing they are but of wood, and laid over with gold, and with silver, it shall be known hereafter that they are false things, by all nations and kings: and it shall be manifest that they are no gods, but the work of men's hands, and that there is no work of God in them.

Baruch 6:58 RHE
      Therefore it is better to be a king that sheweth his power: or else a profitable vessel in the house, with which the owner thereof will be well satisfied: or a door in the house, to keep things safe that are therein, than such false gods.

Baruch 6:59 KJVA
      Therefore it is better to be a king that sheweth his power, or else a profitable vessel in an house, which the owner shall have use of, than such false gods; or to be a door in an house, to keep such things therein, than such false gods. or a pillar of wood in a palace, than such false gods.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How did you choose which god to follow?  Or did you inherit your religion from your parents like most believers?  Were you indoctrinated into your beliefs as a child?  I'll bet you have no idea at all how the bible was created!  roll

From the Bible Belt, probably NC or Tennesee! smile

Randy Actually I was raised in a dead church and didn't know how to have a relationship God through Jesus. I learned more going to a spirit filled church within one year than I did my whole life.
          I learned without being condemned and it was easy- most of my time getting to know God was in my personal life seeking Him- I was just pointed to Jesus and filled with God's Holy Spirit. After this took place God God keep chasing me, leading me. I had never felt the power of God before this took place.
          Even though I messed up huge and keep falling I was not condemned but gently corrected by God and other's confirming what He had already told me.
          There were times I was givin warnings and such but God always told me first than sent 2-3 witness after to confirm His will for me.
          The best time in my life has been seeking God. I have had many breakthroughs follow God and His word. I actually have peace and my heart was healed from the horrible things I have went through.
          God is my strength, Jesus has never forsaken me, God is faithful and merciful. God wants us all to have the confidence to seek Him boldly and to believe we can overcome anything- God made us good and to do good.
          God bless you!

Wow! You managed to ignore every question!  I am indeed shocked such an honest______ (JW, Baptist, COG, Holiness, Mormon, etc. you fill in the blank) would avoid answering simple questions from an obviously needy sinner!  smile  Give it another try, willya?

"How did you choose which god to follow? "
              Hmm. I did tell you how the one and only God revealed Himself to me.
              It started as I accepted Jesus as my Lord and was filled with His Holy Spirit.
              My life hasn't been the same since.
              God bless you

Let me make sure I'm not mistaking your terse answers?

"How did you choose which god to follow?"---Your answer doesn't say which god you were first exposed to, nor when you first heard of the god you NOW follow.  Was there a different god in the "dead church"?

"Or did you inherit your religion from your parents like most believers?"----Your answer was "NO" so I may assume neither your parents or grandparents attended church and you didn't attend as a child either?  This also answers the 3rd question of "Were you indoctrinated into your beliefs as a child?"

"I'll bet you have no idea at all how the bible was created!"--I think your answer was no, which I expected it to be as very few believers actually take the time to find out which sinners were in charge of producing it.  I would bet you didn't know there never was a man named Jesus Christ at all.

"From the Bible Belt, probably NC or Tennessee!"---Was there ever any doubt?  smile  May Moe keep you safe!

You failed to fill in the blank!  How unchristian of you!  smile

FILLING IN THE BLANK WITH Christian/ Follower of Jesus/God.

May you be blessed to know God and being willing to make the first step and receive His free gift of redemption given in Jesus Christ.

3. heavenbound5511 profile image65

So since your questioning me- why haven't you accepted Jesus and ask God to fill you with His spirit and find out for yourself that it is true?
              Why haven't you decided to choose to believe and ask for His Holy Spirit in Jesus name and prove it to yourself?
              This is the only way your doubt of God and Jesus will be proven wrong to you. The rest is throwing punches in the air and you won't have peace or know for sure anything in your life until you believe God and take Him at His word and believe those also testifying to you.
              smile

As stated in my previous post, Jesus Christ never existed.  The person you are referencing was said to be called Yoshua.  Most of what was written about this alleged person was done long after he was dead. 

These "gospels according to whoever" means the same as an"as told to" narrative.  And lastly, the New Testament was written in Greek and now has many many translations with no one actually knowing if any of it is true.

John couldn't write and neither could most of those following him. If Jesus ever existed and was such a divine deity, why didn't HE write something?

I've long had real peace since I stopped trying to believe something which is nothing but old myths and fiction.  Even Moses has no one to vouch for his ridiculous flood story. 

I attended church regularly as a child and never bought any of it.  There were many, such as yourself, who still remain ignorant of who wrote the novel called the bible.  You did know King James was gay, right?

19. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

The problem with some people given the ability to spread the gospel is that the rest of the world, in general, does not want to spend eternity trapped in heaven with them.

I hope God honors requests for private clouds.

Melissa-

Thank God we will all be made perfect when we get to heaven!

Philip 3:21
      Through his power to bring everything under his authority, he will change our humble bodies and make them like his glorified body.

smile

20. earnestshub profile image80

What has this pile of biblical scripture answer anything about what I asked> Any number of your christian friends will do the same in support of their totally different version of religion! smile

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I actualy saw a Preacher lay hands on an Elder Patron, claiming the Power of Jesus to heal her knee. She stood and started dancing.

After he did that with her she sat down, by the end of Church she could not walk, her Knee was three sizes large and they took her to the Emergency Room. Drew almost 70 cc of fluid off of her knee, and scheduled her with an Orthopedic Surgeon for a knee replacement!

and that Pastor never acknowledged his mistake, but claimed God allowed that to Insure that specific Doctor would fix her problem for good!

He assisted in the act to ruin the womans leg and took credit for causing God to interviene and get her a Surgeon to perform Gods work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I walked out and never went back.

That is quite an experience.

I worked with a religionist, and one day he wanted a new office machine. He ordered it but by the time the guy arrived he had become satan's representative here on earth and so instead of being met with approval for arriving promptly with the goods, the poor chap was abused and told to get off the property!
        I have many other stories about this individual, not all bad. smile

21. earnestshub profile image80

There ya go Randy..... all settled then! lol lol lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)