When I try to add something new, my *old* posting disappears!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)
  1. profile image52
    DiabeticNewbieposted 14 years ago

Ok guys, I'm about ready to give up on Hubpages sad sad sad I am terribly frustrated.

I am *trying* to have a hub about my experience with type 2 diabetes. I write a GREAT post, publish it, and am thrilled. Then I come back to add to it, and whatever I'm doing, I sux because I am tossing my old post into the trash.

In easy to follow steps, can someone tell me what in tarnation I am doing wrong? I am not going to bother wasting any more time writing here until I figure this out! Its happened to me 5 times -- so obviously, I am hub-challenged because I am definately screwing something up

Sign me, frustrated and ready to move to someplace else sad sad sad thanks for your tips

2. agvulpes profile image86
    agvulpesposted 14 years ago

to me it seems like you are just posting a comment ?

You need to create a hub first and go thru all the steps of url name and all that. when you hub is created you have to put capsules into the hub. text video poll etc. then edit each capsule
    have you done any of that

3. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 14 years ago

Your first hub was never published, but you can access it (and all of your other hubs) by clicking on my account, or go directly to it.  To publish the hub, click edit and then the "publish now" button.

1. profile image52
      DiabeticNewbieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for trying to help me everyone smile

Yes, my first hub WAS published. I wanted to ADD info to it. I didn't like what I had added. so I hit deleted -- this was *yesterday.* Then I saw that I had deleted my WHOLE hub, so I called it a night and went to bed.

This morning, I wrote another GREAT post to begin my hub. I published it even!!! It was sweet !!!! Then later in the day, I went to "add" more info to it. Somehow in the course of ADDING info I trashed my whole hub and everything I wrote earlier was gone :- //// How did I know that ? I hit the "publish" key and all prior info was t-0-a-s-t. Gone. Down the crapper. Eveaporated even. So before i waste any more time here, I really want to knwo WHAT THE HECK am I doing WRONG ???

How can I have a hub that is PUBLISHED and have it dissapear on me ?????? Right from under my fingers ???? sad

Yes, I tried the "add new text" thing -- your instructions aren't very good btw - but I eraseed all my good work sad Sorry I'm just frustrated tryign to figure out how these pages work. . . . . . obviously it is ME because everyone else has found out how to use it sad

2. profile image52
      DiabeticNewbieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

paul ps what you are seeing is what i saved and didnt' publish yesterday -- but it still overtook the original material that i had published. i'm so confused.

i may try again in a few days or so, but for now i'm giving up.... i'll be back later

4. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Are you clickingthe publish button before you navigate away from the page? If you are leaving HubPages to copy and paste info or pics or something, try opening another tab on your browser. Don't navigate away from HP until afte you have published. Everything is saved kind of as you go, so you should be able to find it like Paul said. It will just remain unpublished until you click the edit button next to it an hit publish--hope that helps, would hate to see you leave! sad We will always tr y to help ! smile

5. agvulpes profile image86
    agvulpesposted 14 years ago

diabetic newbie, thats what I mean about getting help here. Paul is the General Manager of HubPages.  Not bad, getting advice straight from the top. In Pauls position he can look inside your account as see what you are doing wrong. We humble hubbers can only make guesses and assumptions.
    Paul,Thanks for helping a newbie

6. profile image52
    DiabeticNewbieposted 14 years ago

PS for a new hub, i even had a rating of 68 yesterday.  I thought that looked promising .... maybe it was just to tease me and drive me crazy  ... hehehehe

7. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

ok, time out. I'm a little confused. You did publish and went back to edit, correct? Did you read what I said about navigating away before hitting publish? Still, it should all, or mostly be saved in your my account section. It will be a different color. I think red (the title that is) there is a tiny edit button to the left of the title on the 'my acct' section where your hubs are listed. click it. fix what you want to fix by clicking the 'edit' button above the sect, you want to change. when you are done, there are three buttons under the title box, if you are changing an already published hub, they have one that says done editing, click it and it will republish with new changes. If you haven't published it yet, you will need to hit the 'publish button' Unless you are purposely hitting the delete hub button at the top of the page, you shouldn't be losing your writing all together. even when you delete a hub, it stays in your acct for a while. Check your my acct sect and see what's there. Maybe I can help more with a little more info.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)