Could Religions ever Be- Live and let Live?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (116 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 12 years ago

For all the different ways people think and for all the kinds groups of what people are. There is no way the vast majority of people will ever agree upon one Religion. That means the vast majority will fight forever until all religion slow down and shrink to the point where Religion and does not meet the vast majority purposes.

I get this feeling that Religion will not meet the vast majority needs and desires anymore within 20 years from now,

What do you think?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm hoping that education will overtake the religions within 20 years.

The Taliban still teach a flat earth in some schools, along with how to kill Americans.

Some broader education may help with that.

America has more enemies within than without.

Their fundy christians may be unteachable, so they could be the biggest problem for the live and let live idea.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

if they became live and let live, they would not be a religion....lol

and that would be a good thing

Yes, that would be a very good thing! smile

3. Merlin Fraser profile image60
      Merlin Fraserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

“Could Religions ever Be- Live and let Live?”   
      I think by asking the question this way you have created the perfect example of an oxymoron. 

Religion was never designed to be ‘Live and let Live,’ it was designed as ‘Do as I say in the name of a nonexistent deity whom I have created.

Don’t sweat it,  most people prefer to be told what to do and what to think, makes their existence easier when someone else makes all the decision for them, gives them someone else to blame as well.

So don’t expect things to change any time soon.

4. qwark profile image62
      qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Castle:

The word "religion" is much too vague.

There are innocuous religions.

Now, if your boil it down to the 3 major "monotheistic" beliefs, there's not a chance that "CONTEMPORARY" man will overcome its primitively deadly beliefs in this god thing concept which all 3 will kill and die for!

Not even if ya cross all your fingers and toes!  smile:

Qwark

Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If God want me to kill myself, then breaks his own law by convincing me to kill myself, dose that not make us both murderers

How do these guys make this stuff up, sell it and then contradict it, is beyond me

5. robie2 profile image77
      robie2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Jung who is supposed to have observed that " the problem with organized religion is that it gets in the way of knowing God"

1. lizzieBoo profile image61
        lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would say there was alot of truth in that.

6. deblipp profile image60
      deblippposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Many people make the mistake of saying "religion" when they mean only the narrow spectrum of religions that currently dominate the population. "Religion" does not necessarily mean only monotheism, does not necessarily mean only Fundamentalism.

Many religions are *already* live and let live, with no interest in proselytizing or dominating.

The true evils are proselytizing, which makes intolerance of other paths a duty, and mixing religion with politics, which gives power to an experience that should be personal.

True.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Live and let live?

Religion is hypocrisy in action, just like the believers who formed the beliefs they presently hold. That creates automatic conflict.

The ideology of "do as I say, not as I do" is the biggest problem with religion and it's followers, who fail to see their own actions.

Live and Let Live requires that religious folks learn to do what they claim to do- they claim to have a personal relationship with their god, then proceed to tell others that they are going to be held to what they claim for themselves.

Now, if those who claim to have a religious view, actually kept their views personal, then "Live and Let Live" might be possible. Until then, religious views will create conflict and disturb the peace.

1. Chaotic Chica profile image60
      Chaotic Chicaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And that is the reason, after years upon years of bible studies and religious inquisitions I finally came to the conclusion that religion itself is a falisie (sp).  I believe in the Golden Rule of 'do unto others as you'd have done unto you' and I have found so many man created religions just do not live up to that basic code.

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I know a little religious story that was more live and let live...... somewhere else. lol

A guy I knew married this really hot girl from a religious family, and although he knew the parents were devout he thought his bride would not remain too religious for long.

Both being keen golfers they were out on the green soon after being  married when the subject of religion came up with their golfing partners, one of whom was his boss, a man who said what he thought.

He said something along the lines of "It's a load of rubbish!"
    at which this blokes new bride slams her hands over her ears, stomps her feet rapidly screaming at the top of her voice "I can't hear you! over and over while they all stood and watched the show in astonishment.

Before looking for a new job, he discovered that his sweetheart had done this her whole life when confronted with "Blasphemy"

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60

A swift belt behind the ear with a Nine iron would be my club of choice.

You could always apologise right afterwards with, "I'm sorry my Dear but I did shout Fore !!"

4. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 12 years ago

Hilarious story, Earnest. lol

5. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 12 years ago

Unfortunately, I believe that relgion will always be with us.  And the more science discovers which shows such religious beliefs to be false, the more hardline and fundamentalist will the believers become.  Education so far has produced little results.  In fact now more and more religions are creating their own schools, which obviously only teach their views of the world.  I see religon, especially the fundamentalist kind coming to dominate the future.  The atheist had better run for the hills, because it is getting harder to resist the demands of the religious bigots.

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60

You raise a fair point, it does seem the more one part of society evolves towards Reason and Common Sense the more delusional the other part becomes.

I honestly believe in "My King's New Clothes" theory towards the religious.

Of course our Laws and the legal system needs updating, surely it must be very difficult to become the President of the USA without the various God Squads on your side.  If we have laws to protect us from Racist, Sexist and Ageist isn't time Religionist was added to the list ?

Why for instance is it still necessary for an oath to be sworn on the Bible, absolutely meaningless as far as many people are concerned.

Isn't it time the Term " In God We Trust " was called in to serious question.... ?

All schools should be non secular, religion should be taught as a subject and no one should be forced towards any religious indoctrination, and they should be allowed to chose their own way at such times as they are of an age and state of mind to comprehend all the facts and reach an independent conclusion. 

It seems to me that an individual’s Human Rights and Freedom fall woefully short on these points in many countries.

2. lizzieBoo profile image61

Interestingly though, when we were at our most educated, ie: the period of enlightenment, with Isaac Newton, Samuel Johnson, Johnathon Swift et al, we were also at our most religious.
      Religious people are setting up their own schools now to emulate the ones of the past, since modern, secular schools are more and more void of cultural resonance.
      If fundementalist religions come to dominate in the future, it will be the fault of secular educated in pushing the idea that belief equals stupidity.

1. Evolution Guy profile image60
        Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is complete nonsense. If fundamentalist religion ever dominates as it did in the past - it will be the "fault" of people who believe nonsense.

My what lengths you will go to to defend your ridiculous beliefs. sad

All monotheistic religions are fundamentalist. You are either with them or against them sez Jesus.

And yet as education goes down hill, (which it has been since the 60s by the way) anti-intellectual religion has been on the rise. Coincidence non?

Nonsense. You are simply lying to defend your beliefs. Please prove to me that "education has gone downhill" since the 60s. lol

There is no such thing as intellectual religion. Some intellectuals may be religious, but that does not make an irrational belief system intellectual. 

All religion is waning in the developed world. Because it is nonsense. The only way you can make it rise is to homeschool your children and keep then indoctrinated.

What beliefs have I professed? I am writing in defense of religion.
              When I say anti-intellectual, I mean that a requirement of that belief is that you avoid thinking too deeply. A few religions are anti-intellectual and it's those make the loudest noise.
              People like you hate the idea of home school because it takes away your power to indoctrinate them with your nihilism.

You speak nonsense. The bible clearly states you must believe by faith alone. What are you doing defending religion when you do not even know what they promote?

You cannot think about religion too deeply because Then it becomes clear it is nonsense.

You are clearly defending your own religion. Which - judging by your dishonest, political, woe-is-me-I-am-being-persecuted approach - is Protestant Christianity.

When I talk about the anti-intellectual approach to religion, I am talking about American protestantism at its loudest and silliest and which makes a mockery of all religion. Only protestants believe in faith alone. Action is what matters to the rest. You'd be the first to call me one.

Oh - you mean the Catholic variety that uses proof and logic and spent 1,000 years burning people who did not believe is "intellectual" and Catholics believe based on something other than faith?  Fear perhaps?

Religion deserves mockery. This nonsensical, divisive belief deserves mockery. You have to earn respect and religion has not done that. It forced adherence and the moment it became possible to speak out against it - it began to wane.

All religion is anti-intellectual. Always has been. It is absolute.

2. jacharless profile image75
                  jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I am shocked you are defending 'faith' itself, Marcus. I cannot argue with you on this and openly admit, I agree. Faith IS the Way. [Rational] Faith actually.
                  James.

6. profile image53
    thelonghaulposted 12 years ago

Heavy sarcasm, lizzieBoo.

towards me? I'm sorry I'm being a bit slow here.

I didn't get it either. At least we found a little common ground. lol

1. profile image53
          thelonghaulposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see. These blog comments like to be free of irony, satire and occasional sarcasm, so I'll try again.
          The subject was religion;  and the last few comments espoused the notion that religion had no relevance, and was, if anything, a hindrance.
          I happen to disagree, and chose the Christianisation of Europe as the precursor to its dynamism and centre of learning;  pretending that atheism would have been the better option, and giving examples. Korea etc.

Perhaps being an Aussie, "we have a lack of communication here".

hey thelonghaul, I'm so sorry. I did think that was what you meant, but I wasn't sure.
            You are quite right!

2. Evolution Guy profile image60

Now I understand. As soon as we started to get rid of religion - we started learning again. Oddly - we went back to Aristotle and went from there. So - your grasp of European history is rather poor. We became dynamic only after we started to question religion. It is called the Renaissance. Look it up.

Perhaps you could try learning how to express yourself more clearly in future? As you are such a fan of learning. lol

I  used the enlightenment as an example because I thought, as a scientific period, it would appeal to you.
              The Renaissance was a superior era in terms of art, architecture, radical thought, everything..., but we Brits had to start our education again having had most gems of that era smashed, defaced and lied about for 120 years after the Reformation.
              And, since we're on that point, Christianity brought literature to the west and therefore, the beginnings of education.

Aww - so you think it was "Christianity" that bought literature do you? What a slim view of history you have. Total lack of understanding based on a desire to defend your beliefs.

Try reading "A World Lit Only By Fire" by William Manchester.

And while you are at it - try looking up a group of peopel called the "Romans," you may be shocked to discover it was actually them that  "Bought literature to the west."

Have you read any actual history books?

To Britain, Britain!! I meant to Britain! Gosh.
                  A rather major thing I think you'll admit, considering the somewhat major role British literature has had on the west. Christianity brought the beginnings of education to the English-speaking west. Better?

No. Complete nonsense. The Romans bought literature to Britain along with indoor plumbing and road building techniques.

Have you actually read any history books at all? Considering you say you live in the UK, you are woefully misinformed.

7. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

no as long as my way only way remains theme of religion...

1. Disturbia profile image59
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely agree with pisean282311, as long as members of organized religions continue to disrespect all other belief systems but their own and continue to proselytize, there will never be a live and let live situation.

8. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I think the answer to that question can be easily ascertained by reading through this thread.

No, because religion breeds a mentality that defends the actions of the church, at whatever the cost. Religionists refuse to look history, or recent events, squarely in the eye. Because they don't, their organizations will always be allowed to abuse everything from the innocence of children to the lives of those that don't adhere to their faith structure.

The problem with religion is that it is a tyranical system with no checks and balances in place. Absolutely anything can be done by that organization and when they invoke the name of God, the faithful bow and either allow it to happen; or enthusiastically participate. And later rewrite history to explain it away.

So, religion = the church does it? I think Sikhs, Muslims and Jews might have something to say about that. Oh wait, you're talking about the Catholic church which you've read about in the papers but have no real knowledge of. 
      You don't know what you're talking about so just leave it alone.

9. Andrew Hahn profile image61
    Andrew Hahnposted 12 years ago

Ironically, the only hope for religion is treat others the way you wish to be treated, and love your neighbor as yourself. If only a religious leader had taught that message.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I assume you are referring to Yeshua. I don't think he was a religious leader. He was a teacher. The religion of Christianity threw his philosophy out the first chance they got. It was obviously inconvenient.

1. Andrew Hahn profile image61
        Andrew Hahnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. It was clearly inconvenient circa emperor Constantine....no love for you! Just us!

10. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

I don't know how much you study various religions but Buddhism and Hinduism overlap, well Buddhism is in fact derived from many Hindu principles..The Hindu elephant god Ganesh is used to depict a reincarnation of Buddha.
    Gandhi pronounced that he was a Muslim, Christian and Hindu to quell feuds between Hindus and Muslims. All religions teach the abandonment of material possessions and it is this philosophy that doesn't integrate well with western society.

Richieb799, well said.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
        Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am multi-disciplinal. I also abide by the tenets of Native American thought, along with the teachings of Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha and old testament Israelite. I feel none of these conflict with a working understanding of science.

Druid, thank you for that.

11. wilmiers77 profile image61
    wilmiers77posted 12 years ago

Live and let live sounds great, but we must eliminate greed, jealousy, and desire for power. This ain't going to happen in the next 20 years nor the next thousand years. After all is said and done in any matter, Jesus shall be the man.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The three you mention are misunderstood to begin with. I've written hubs on each. wink
      Not necessarily. Understanding self would be best. wink

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

wilmiers
      Live and let live sounds great, but we must eliminate greed, jealousy, and desire for power. This ain't going to happen in the next 20 years nor the next thousand years. After

I understand how our own desires can easily empower each person and every one of us towards our own higher energy and happiness.
      Yet I do not understand how such a greedy and all powerful. God needs to be jealous to us piss antz humans. We can shrink greed and jealously to the point where human control it rather than it controlling us

12. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 12 years ago

The thing about all religions and the thing which often sets them at odds with modern Western liberal ideals is that they have moral absolutes.  For believers things are viewed very much in the black and white.  Things are either right or they are wrong.  There can be no compromise, because to do so would begin  a journey for the believer, of questioning every aspect of the foundation upon which their faith is based.  Trying to change religious dogma to fit a changing society would be seen as a weakening of the faith upon which the faithful depend for their sense of purpose in life.  As Western ideals of democracy and equality are more and more enshrined in law, then conflicts between the religious and the society they find themselves unwittingly in are bound to arise.

Already most the world population is tripling The US economy growth
      Like my cat:  if I do not feed him well enough, I become Jesus to him

When the USA staves them out, for example 2/3 of Americans cannot afford a house now. They will change their spiritual ways to be fed better like my cat.

The Anglicans compromise all the time. They bend over backwards to fit in with secular world, bless them.

13. TMMason profile image62
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

Live and let live.... that is exactly what Christ Preached.

1. profile image0
      Muldanianmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.  But his followers have rarely lived up to this ideal.

1. TMMason profile image62
        TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. But also many mis-understand toleration for acceptance. And they are not the same. I do not care what one wants to do or live like. but I have the right to raise and teach my children my morals and values, and if they grow up and dis-regard those then that is their choice. it is a tricky balance to maintain.

None of us are pefect... and none of use are right all the time. though many of us seem to think we are. Including myself at times.

And yet we live in Christian countries along side Muslims and Hindus and there doesn't seem to be a war here. Come on people, we live in great free times under Christian law. Even the Queen now has to call herself 'defender of All faiths.' rather than 'defender of The faith'.

Are you kidding???
          The right in America use the word "Muslim" as an insult to the President!

It is a simple fact that obama was born a Muslim and has never renounced Islam, or converted to Christianity. And Islam is a viscious babaric religion that is quickly being seen for what it truly is. If Obama was nnot a muslim then that would mean he was an apostate and there would a fatwa on his head for that alone.

thats their rules, islam's, not mine.

Besides we don't have to like him or want him to be one, he has the right to be a muslim if he wants. Or anyhting else for that matter. being in England you should be able to clearly see the danger Islam poses. Britain is surely becoming Islamicized as we speak. I watched the muslims in england spit on british soldiers. Thats nice of them

I am as far from England as you are from reality TM! lol

I am a Christian and I live by the New Testament, not the Old, E. And there is no hateful threats from the mouth of Christ. The old testament is no more than a historic foundation of my religion. Islam on the other hand is chock full of hate for any non-believer.

Here is an example of Islamic tlerance now...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/egyptia … ex-slaves/

I didn't need convincing TM, I already know quite a few of the thousands of threats and hate coming from the pages of the quoran. smile

There are only a few less in the bible. smile

As I have said before, people live by what they select to live by, from killing non believers to just following a few good ideas that they read in a book.

Surely you are not denying the psychosis of the OT god, or father are you?

Is that by law in America, or just free speech by a rather silly minority? Are the  Muslims free to make a reply?
            I knew a guy in Saudi Arabia who was imprisoned for adultery. An American journalist was sexually assaulted by 200 Muslim men in a similar part of the world as punishment for doing a man's job. I think we've got a long way to go before we don't live and let live.

14. Stump Parrish profile image62
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Live and let live...that is exactly what few christians practice.

15. Stump Parrish profile image62
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

TM, I agree with everything you said there. However, do you show your kids all options and allow them to make their mind up or do you simply pass on your version of the world and how it functions? BTW no disresect intended with that remark.

As an example I see the right seeking to rewrite history in an effort to force their version of it on to our children. Rather than give them all the information available and allow them to make up their own minds, they seek to limit the information the children hear based on their beliefs. If the children never learn or hear a differing opinion, are they truly being allowed to make their own decisions?

I have explained it all to them, and my feeling as regards certain actions. If they choose to be other, then that is there choice and I love them still. No matter what.

Just because some people would like to live without any moral restrictions, doe not mean we do not teach children morally correct behaviour. Then it is up to them. Their choices are their own to make, mistakes and all.

I am speaking as regards everythng discussed in some many forums today. So my answer is regarding all choices in life, religion, sexual oreintation, etc...

1. profile image0
          Muldanianmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You list sexual orientation as a choice.  May I ask if this has been so for you.  Did you ever feel the need in your life to make a choice concerning your sexuality, or have you always taken it for granted that you were straight.  I just wonder why some straight people believe being gay is a lifestyle choice, yet do not consider their own sexuality in the same light.  Imagine a world, where some government made it illegal to be straight.  Do you think you could turn yourself gay, simply because you would be breaking the law if you did not do so?

It is a choice mul.

There is no evidence to support genetic homosexuality.

It is an abomination to God, and an abhoration in nature.

A choice. Not a natural state of being.

Your dog humps your leg, it doesn't mean he was born a person in a dogs body and wants to screw all humans cause he is one, it simply means he cannot control his basest desires. Nothing more.

About 5000 species have been recorded for same sex acts
              No animal have been reported for having sex realationship with their young

Does that mean animal have a better moral compass than Clergymen?

Or

Can Clergymen do whatever the hell they want and animal stay the worst sinners?

Yes animals may have a better moral cumpass than the clergy... lol

And because the animals act like that, we should? Okay. Right.

Glad you agree, human are animals too.

Maybe a million other species do get to count to some Christians

I would defend animals over most peple I know, sir. I know that is probrably not to good... but I am an animal lover. Not quite a PETA fanatic... but close.

My God gave us rule over the earth to be custodians, he told us to subdue it, not slaughter everything in site for kix. If you need to eat, you hunt and thank God for your bounty. You do not kill to hang it on your wall and brag about how bad you are. You should respect the earth as a gift to help supprt you... not as a feast to waste within your gluttony

16. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Organized religion as opposed to personal spirituality is headed for the dust bin. On the spiritual side, man needs to retain those concepts of compassion, acceptance of other's "differences" and beliefs, spirit of cooperation, and all that. We lose certain aspects of the personality of mankind, and we become "de-humanized" because love and empathy are ALL just electro-chemical reactions in the brain. We can boil the civilization right out of us with too much "knowledge". No affection, not even a smile. Go ahead...MAKE MY DAY! smile

17. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

There will never be a live and let live attitude.
    Everyone has their bias and opinions
    and favorite sports team.
    favorite beer.
    political party.
    racism is alive and well.
    and leaders all want their subjects to adhere to their rules.
    People come from all walks of life and each walk of life has its unique outlook... the poor teach their children to dislike the rich and the rich teach their children to dislike the poor.
    Whenever peoples ideas collide there will always be division.
    Everyone would have to be vegetables with no preferences, dreams or opinions for the world to live peacefully.
    no genders
    no ethnic backgrounds
    no morals
    no individual thoughts.

Untrue.
      Untrue
      Untrue
      Untrue.
      Untrue.

A lot of what you just said is untrue. How ironic is that. lol

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

brotheryochanan

Where can a living zombie or robot sign up?

18. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

ANSWER: yes and no! smile

Civilization is not about "live and let live." No form of government is. A perfect "live and let live" would mean chaos -- kill whoever you want, steal whatever you want... no controls and no sanity. Probably no civilization, either.

Arguably, the purpose of all religion is to awaken the sleeping immortal within. Personally, I think it's great that there are so many opportunities for people. Any religion that doesn't help toward the goal of spiritual awakening is not a "true religion." That's just my own definition. Things like Satan worship, ego worship, phallus worship are not religions, but hobbies or even crimes, in my view (crimes if they do harm).

Too many in each religion get too rowdy. "My religion is best!" they say, but don't realize that such an attitude is a slap at their own religion. Such a statement is full of ego ("I'm right and you're wrong") and is thus counter-productive as far as their religion is concerned. This all comes from ego-centric misinterpretation of their own religion.

Jesus said to spread the good word, but if the person receiving the word does not want to listen, merely dust yourself off and go on your way. Don't try to beat them over the head with it. So, in this respect, there is a bit of live and let live. Jesus said not to judge, but Christians seem to have forgotten this! Why? Ego!

And ego is the antithesis of all religion. So many Christians are the modern-day equivalent of the Pharisees. So, pompous. So, "right." And they are so busy being right, that they forget what it's all about. It's about kindness, compassion, love and other good things.

But it's also about responsibility. You can't very well be responsible and do nothing. For some selfish (egotistical) people, doing nothing is their version of "live and let live." And that ain't gonna fly.

Growing up with a Southern Baptist minister grandfather, I had a lot of so-called Christianity crammed down my throat. I studied other religions before I understood what Christianity was really about. There was one part of the Jesus story I never understood, and it puzzled me sorely. When Jesus whipped the money lenders in the temple, he certainly was not about live and let live, or even turning the other cheek. Wow! What did this mean? Could money lenders in the temple have been jeopardizing his mission to free us from mortal bondage? Could that be the same reason why Noah's Flood happened (if indeed it was a real event)?

Five words destroys the above statement.

Self responsibility and Self awareness. smile

I can't see how you've destroyed that statement.

Hey lizzie,

Maybe you should look up the words "self-responsibility" and "self-awareness". lol

There would be no chaos and people would be able to "live and let live", if they had both traits and concentrated on both.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)