Haven't Made 1 Cent All Day from Adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (84 posts)
  1. 2besure profile image78
    2besureposted 13 years ago

I can't believe it.  Since I have started earning, I have never had a day when I made nothing.  Maybe tonight things will pick up.  HubPages, please check to make sure you didn't disable all my ads!

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have several days with nothing from adsense.  I'm doing better with the HP program

1. AKN-London profile image61
        AKN-Londonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Its easy to publish hub but its hard to earn money from them! What we need to do is to promote our Hubs by using Right keywords and distribute your hubpages links to other websites like social networks! This way you can get more traffic and ofcourse more income as well!

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Social networking/bookmarking brings low quality traffic. It's a good idea to get your own hands on experience before handing out advice that may  be incorrect or taken the wrong way.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really?  I've had more days that I made nothing than days that I did.  I realize that this is partly my own problem due to what I choose to write about.  Luckily the new HP Ad program gives me something every day - but my adsense earnings have seriously tanked, luckily I make an amazon sale here and there.

3. stuff4you profile image57
      stuff4youposted 12 years agoin reply to this

this is very normal most people don't click on ads.

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I've been waiting for mine to get reviewed too tongue got another 10 hubs unpublished. Moved the amazon, changed words, added more words. It's getting tiresome lol

3. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I know, I've made 9 pence all day with 2 clicks, weird thing is impressions are high..something weird is going on
    Glad I join HP ad program on Sunday night because that seems to be getting clicks..I did hear that Google was displaying low paying ads to our hubs

4. kevin.howell profile image70
    kevin.howellposted 13 years ago

How long did it take to start earning money with adsense?  I just started a couple weeks ago. I've only published 4 hubs, but feel they are pretty decent. Am I being too impatient?

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
      theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome...and yes.  Give it time and keep writing. smile

2. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I joined in Nov. 2010, I didn't earn anything until Dec.  So just give it a few more weeks and write more hubs.  Welcome to Hubpages, kevin.howell!!!

3. 2besure profile image78
      2besureposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woo, slow down bucko... smile  You will earn money as soon as someone reads one of your hubs and finds one of your ads interesting!  Be patient.

1. kevin.howell profile image70
        kevin.howellposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Finally made .46 today, I'm so stoked

Goooo Kevin!

2. amymarie_5 profile image66
          amymarie_5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's awesome!! Congrats!!

5. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

Before the change I was getting a couple of dollars a day. Now that I'm about five bucks away from another payday, I haven't made an adsense cent in the last four days.
    At least HP earnings are making up for some of that.

6. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

My adsense has been dreadful. I do have Hubpages ad system.

I've had some blank days, which is more than shocking.

7. 2besure profile image78
    2besureposted 13 years ago

OK, so I am not crazy!  This has got to get better. Cool, just check, I have 14 cents.

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm giving it time.. Time cures everything.

Or the exact opposite.. smile

2. Treasuresofheaven profile image80
      Treasuresofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad to know!  I don't think you're crazy!!

8. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I have made EXACTLY one cent

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is EXACTLY one more than me. smile

9. vaguesan profile image70
    vaguesanposted 13 years ago

What is google doing? All these changes are totally screwing us over. And worse, google search has become pretty awful for me lately. I can't find things im looking for as easily.

I'm seriously going to start using bing. Google has screwed up royally this time.

I have changed my browser to Bing as a personal protest against Google.  Like they care.  It still makes me feel better.

10. moorebored profile image60
    mooreboredposted 13 years ago

Strange. Even the second day I joined I made more money than today. I've gotten 22 cents from 3 clicks... Something's fishy.

11. Richieb799 profile image76

I had dreams of earning a nice residual income and that dream was in tact up until January, I even put my day job on hold and Im travelling with my laptop..Think we need to just hang tight..hope things pick up or Im not gonna make pay out for the first time in 7 months

12. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

My click rate has been decimated ever since the Panda change, even though my visitor levels are now higher than before. And when I do get a click, it's for only 1 or 2 cents, sometimes less.
    Mind you I had them before the change too, as well as much higher paying clicks.
    Tried turning Hubads off and it made no difference.

I'm wondering if most of my clicks before came from those middle of the hub ads that aren't there now?

1. shogan profile image76
      shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"I'm wondering if most of my clicks before came from those middle of the hub ads that aren't there now?"

I was wondering the same thing.  I want those back.

1. Ms Dee profile image87
        Ms Deeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me, too. I've been thinking the same thing.

2. iQwest profile image49
      iQwestposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My click rate, as well as my traffic, has tanked over the past couple of weeks.  With that said, my traffic, even though much lower than what I was receiving through March, is marginally trending higher this week.  The click rate isn't following.  In fact it's been very streaky.  Abnormally high days mixed in with more abnormally lower days.  I was accepted into the HubPages Ad program towards the end of March, but haven't yet joined as I'm trying to figure out what's going on without having to evaluate too many different variables.

I'm not figuring much out!!!

13. moorebored profile image60
    mooreboredposted 13 years ago

The only thing I'm getting anything from now is Blogger...

14. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Last Friday, I earned 2 cents from Adsense.. I almost cried.  But it picked up Saturday, and down again Sunday.  Monday and today are good.  My HP ads earnings are better than Adsense but not much.

15. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 13 years ago

Earnings from HP are now so poor, that I can barely bring myself to bother editing all of the unpublished hubs for re-moderation. 

Adsense, eBay, Amazon = All terrible.
    HP ad program = Slightly better, but only just.

1. Ms Dee profile image87
      Ms Deeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm struggling with motivation now, too.

16. Richieb799 profile image76

@MrVoodoo, I switched HP ads on Sunday and had my first days earnings yesterday which was $2 with half my usual impression which isn't too bad..I will continue to see what my earnings are from that this afternoon but I can't see the point in disabling it now because I am more likely to hit payout with that because Adsense has been bit poor even with a pick up last night

Everyone was complaining of a very poor Adsense day yesterday, something is fishy and theres no point relying on Adsense this month since you need a good start to ensure payout.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
      Mrvoodooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With the HP ad program I was making between $3-5 a day.  But almost zero adsense. 

It seems to me that there are now two ways to play it at HP.  Go for a pretty steady daily payment using HP ad program, that is unlikely to rise or fall too much, and sits in the middle of your earning potential.  Or risk it with adsense, where you'll get a mix of low days, and the occasional 'big' day, where you get those few juicy high paying clicks, that'll blow HP ads out of the water.

I haven't quite decided which is best yet.  And despite my annoyance at having had numerous hubs unpublished, I'm still trying to make the best of my HP account.  Time will tell.

'theres no point relying on Adsense this month since you need a good start to ensure payout.'

^ I'm already way past payout for this month.  Though unfortunately, not from money earned at HP.

It is good that people have an alternative to Adsense.  I think we are in a time out with Adsense, eventually things will get better.  Any ideas on how to get more traffic from Yahoo, Bing and MSN?

17. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I would turn Hubads on if I were you. There are no highs and lows like you get with adsense, just a steady daily income. Mine is on the low side but that could well be my topics.

What is annoying me is missing ads. No wonder I am hardly getting any clicks if the ads are missing.

As ads are localised I don't expect other people to see the same ads as me anyway, but two of my gangster hubs have big blank spaces underneath my avatar, and a single one line advert in the so-called 'prime spot'.

I doubt if 'Meet Pretty Chinese girls' or 'Asian singles for dating' pays much either.

I'm also getting haunted by taxi ads on almost every hub I look at. Guess it's true I have written a lot about taxis recently, but now the ads have taken legs and are stalking me, no matter where I go!!

1. WriteAngled profile image75
      WriteAngledposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wish I could, but I guess with only 18 hubs I'm considered a bottom feeder by HP and will be among the last to receive an invite, if at all.

The sad thing is, I finally achieved my first Adsense payout at the end of February. This was a huge boost and really motivated me to get seriously back to writing hubs.

Then the HP ads started and I'm getting very little in Adsense. I'm not going to bother to produce any more hubs until I'm sure that I will be offered a slice of the cake. I'm submitting material to other sites instead at the moment, even though I like the HP interface and possibilities far more.

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They said everyone will be in by June so if you write some hubs now, by June they should have settled in nicely and be starting to earn smile

18. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Where is the info on Hubads?  I would like to know when I can try it, rather than keep writing content in the hope it might make the effort worthwhile. Especially as some users are talking about having turned it off?

19. pinkdaisy profile image60
    pinkdaisyposted 13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just joined the HP ad program. It seems that I am earning less and I am wondering if I should disable the program.

I thought I would ask for some feedback first...

Does anyone understand what happened with Google and why HP added this ad program?

Thanks smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think all adsense is down for almost everyone, whether you have HP ads or not-- so I think it is better to have it.

As I understand it, Hubpages added their program to give another choice in generating income at about the same time that Adsense changed their program. It was just coincidental that the two events happened about the same time and one event did not cause the other.

20. Ritsos profile image40
    Ritsosposted 13 years ago

Yep ..HP says hubads by June at the latest so shouldn't be long to go .. personally can't wait to give it a try and see what happens ... sign me up Scotty :-)

21. call.mishra profile image58
    call.mishraposted 13 years ago

Be patient !! You will get result as time passes by.

1. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that you need to understand that these hubbers are talking about a huge decrease in the earnings that they used to make. They worked hard over the months to build their earnings up and the Google changes came and hit us all hard by vastly reducing our traffic.

22. thefundu profile image58
    thefunduposted 13 years ago

If you are having impressions but no money through clicks then it simply means the value of your page is down that day. The traffic to your hub comes from the keywords and if no one has paid a good amount on those keywords, then its likely to happen that the amount you were getting for a click will decrease. If someone pays high for that keyword, you also get a higher value per click.

23. Patkay profile image89
    Patkayposted 13 years ago

It seems like a hard time for everyone. 5 months and am not even somewhere near getting paid.Hahaha!!! perhrps my hubs are of poor quality.
    HP ad program seems abit promising though.

24. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

i has taken me twelve months to get to pay out- mine are not low quality ( I think) just not big crowd pullers- stay with it, the money will eventually come to you

25. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

I've had a bad time for clicks and views recently.  Things seem to be getting worse rather than better, depsite me writing more.  I really hope that HP can bring about an improvement.

1. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I didn't make payout for April because it was bad, however I will make it this month because I only had a small amount to make up. June will be interesting but unless I can get my adsense back up to averaging £2 a day I will struggle again..at the moment I am nearly on that amount with the odd bad day..I used to get twice this or sometimes even 10 times this day hmm

26. gracenotes profile image87
    gracenotesposted 12 years ago

I agree with this.  April wasn't so great, but so far, May is much worse where Adsense is concerned.

27. onlinemom1963 profile image60
    onlinemom1963posted 12 years ago

It was my first day today in hubpages, and I really liked the people around. I would like to mention my very first follower, jo_goldsmith and she left a real kind words. Very touching for a mother who raised a gay son and handled his confession. Actually that was my first hub was all about.

I would like to ask, about the hubscore. Because before I published my first hub it was 30, but after publishing it, it became 29. Why was it decreased?

Thank you very much!!! I love you all!

28. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 12 years ago

So far I've made 87 cents for the Entire month.  So it goes here, at least in MY case anyway.  I don't like writing fluffernut hubs to just bring in traffic though.

29. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

I should make my Adsense payout in the next few days.  It has increased every month despite the Panda controversy along with my traffic.  Amazon sales were the same until this month started and continue to be very slow.

Anyone know how to check the time share on Amazon products?  It's easy on the Adsense ads, but I still don't know how to find out whose affiliate code is present on Amazon ads.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Anyone know?  Surely there is some way we can tell!

30. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Ive got £4 to go until payout with half the month still left smile I did well at Christmas with Amazon but nothing since then

31. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Adsense is bound to give the fewest results. The new Hubpages Ads seem much better; I was making $1.89 per day with Adsense, now I'm making $1.19. With Hubpages Ads I'm making about $2.89 per day. It just takes time for your pages to be indexed by Google which drives outside visitors (not other Hubers) to your hubs. With HP Ads you get money everytime that a hub with HP Ads is viewed (not by you off course)

1. Sasinib profile image61
      Sasinibposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wee - those numbers are pretty good! And here I am, getting excited about my 10 cents a day. smile At least it is something, right? big_smile Keep up the great work!

32. C.V.Rajan profile image60
    C.V.Rajanposted 12 years ago

By middle of last month, I was $8.5 short of my first Google payout off Hubpages. As I switched on HP ads, there was a good accumulation of pennies at HP ads, but Google Adsense began to blank out totally! So, I disabled HP ads with a hope that I can reach my payout amount from Google and then resume HP ads.

Very unfortunately, Google adsense failed to pickup, I don't understand why. From my avarage $1.6 eCPM, it has dropped to almost half. Many days are passing without a single cent earning!

It looks something abnormal to me. For me it is not just post-Panda effect, because Panda did not drastically affect my page views or Google earnings till HP ads were brought in. This thread shows that there are plenty of people affected like me.

It is high time HP administration looks into this and find out whether there is something amiss somewhere.

That's odd, CV!  My Adsense earnings are more each month even since the Panda slap. It must be the niches you are writing to.  I think some niches are glutted and those are the most affected.

I can say my Amazon sales this month are much less than the last 2 months, even though my views are up substantially.  This bothers me as I cannot check to see if I am getting my time share during the peak sales hours.  I will find out through other methods though.  Fortunately, I know someone who is high up enough in Amazon to give me the lowdown on my page ad sales.

2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

May has been much better for me.  I have already made payout!  Yeaaaah!

2. C.V.Rajan profile image60
        C.V.Rajanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Randy,

At least in this thread, I don't look like the only odd man out. But you seem to be. Any way, congrats!

C.V.

I don't think I'm alone, CV!  There have been others who have similar results and have posted so.  I don't know why my experience is different than many here now.  Perhaps someone else can figure it out.  smile

33. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 12 years ago

Whateve it is, we need to get it fix....

34. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

I made 1 cent yesterday!  It was a banner day!

35. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

I made 38c one day ,then nothing the next roll from Goggle Adsense.

Not complaining though ,I havent written anything new for a long time.

36. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

I'm English, so I make pennies not cents sad

1. Eaglekiwi profile image76
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I never make sense lol

1. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Neither do I, which could explain the pennies LOL! big_smile

37. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Yesterday was my best Adsense day in quite some time.  A week of such days would easily make my payout.  Today is looking even better for me.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed, of course! smile

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
      DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Randy, I think I need you as my mentor as well as my hero and champion! smile

Eve made the same mistake, DIY!  And you know how that turned out!  lol

Yeah, but look at all the cool clothes she got from it! tongue

Perhaps you are right,DIY.  I've never looked at it from a woman's perspective.  This might explain the ladies passion for new clothes better than any other reason!  smile

38. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

Unfortuantely, from my earnings, I can't even afford to buy fig leaves!

Have you tried the Dollar Tree? (fig leaves ,lol).
      Ok value but rather hard to attach wink if ya know what I mean!

Actually, I went as Eve a couple of years ago for Halloween and Dollar Tree was where I went to get all my leaves!  Leotard and hot glue...a very tricky operation and that's all I'm gonna say about that!

lol oh boy-sounds like fun ,for awhile anyway.

Bet ya wished you had gone as Randy now lol

I did have a rubber snake attached to the front of my oufit and small ones wired into my hair!

39. Ddraigcoch profile image73
    Ddraigcochposted 12 years ago

I have made less than $0.36 in total and don't think I have any adsense ones. Best learn to write smarter. I am too emotive in my writing. I need to be more professional.

40. Bill Yovino profile image87
    Bill Yovinoposted 12 years ago

I don't earn much from Google Adsense, but I always show some earnings. Today is the 17th of the month and I have zero earnings from Google for the month. Something isn't right.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)