President Sued by Congress

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Evan G Rogers profile image62
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Recently a lawsuit has been filed against Obama for not following the law!

http://www.thestatecolumn.com/capitol/r … stitution/

I'd like to give a shout out to Ron Paul for helping make it happen!

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol, you ahould be his campagin manager!     smile

Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

trying to get his name out there.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So they can waste more of our money.  Glad you are excited.  Do you honestly think this is for the betterment of our nation?  You are sadly mistaken.   This country is more than just the ratings for some wanna be presidents.

There is confusion in the law.  Are you also aware  that several top Rep leaders feel he is within the Law? 

What a freaking waste of our nation's time and cash.

I'm disgusted that "following the constitution" and "not bombing people randomly" are considered wastes of your money.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
          IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seriously?  This coming from you?  Please.  I'll take it as a compliment then.

OK...

I guess.... Intimat... is Pro-murdering innocents... ... ?

3. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You gotta give Dennis Kucinich some credit here too ! For a liberal I sometimes am surprised how much I like Kucinich.

Right o, my bad.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

You're forgetting Dennis Kucinich, who authored it.
    It's the same tune he's been singing since the Bush administration.

It's a dam shame the R's are trying to run him out of gvt with their re-districting machinations.

Maybe Ron Paul could mention that he'd like an end to these sleazy tacticts of his fellow Repubs.
    Someone needs to stop them.

The Dems do it to. Wake up.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72
        Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes they do. Gerrymandering is a terrible, anti-people, pro-party practice, and it needs to stop.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image62

ew... I used the wrong "too"..

Sorry everyone. It should read: "The Dems do it, too. Wake up."

3. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Why doesn't Obama simply use a signing statement to place himself above the law like Bush did over 750 times? It would seem to be a way to put and end to this crap and it's a tactic the repubs couldn't argue with.

1. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ahahaha!!

They would probably say, "We didn't like Bush either."

yeah riiiiight.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image62

What crap are you talking about? Sure, Bush was a sinister evil character, but you must admit that both he and Obama are crapping all over the Constitution.

This is an attempt to restore it.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72
        Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

At least Kucinich is consistent. He tried it with W, and now he's doing it to Obama. How many of his co-sponsors were as angry with W as they are now, I wonder?

I haven't looked it up, but I'm sure Paul was on board both times.

4. tfboyle profile image58
    tfboyleposted 12 years ago

This law suit is supported by 10 congressmen from both parties (basically all of the principled people in congress - sadly that isn't many).

Lovemychris - The Republican's in Texas are trying to re-district Paul out of office too.  Both parties hate having party members that make them look bad by point out the hypocrisy.

IntimatEvolution - How is that a waste of money?  This looks like one of the few good uses of money by this government I have seen in a long time.  When a President abuses his power and acts like a king something needs to be done.  There is no confusion in the law, Obama tried to call the military action by a different name ('kinetic operations') in order to not have to adhere to the WPA.  Changing the name of something doesn't change the nature of the action, this regime (like the last one) finds a strain of similarity with the regime from the book 1984,  "war is peace, freedom is slavery,ignorance is strength".

Stump Parrish - Obama does use signing statements just as Bush did before him, read Glenn Greenwald's article over at Slate.com  "Obama v Obama on Signing Statements," or google search "Obama and signing statements.  But a signing statement here wouldn't change anything, so it is of no importance.

I think this all relates to my recent hub "The Hypocrisy of Partisanship" if anyone is interested in taking a look.

Word.

5. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

The War Powers Act is an unconstitutional law to begin with. Congress cannot surrender it's Constitutional authority through a law, it is done with a Constitutional Amendment only.

So both Branches are in violation of our founding document. But move along America... nothing to see here. It is absurd for Congress to cry about this, when the law itself is BS and illegal.

And yes, I do want us out of Libya, and I want our state dept to cease fomenting revolution around the world through the use of facebook and google.

Good point.

2. tfboyle profile image58
      tfboyleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Right, but the fact that a President can't even follow the very forgiving WPA (despite its illegality to begin with) is pretty amazing.

Why would we stop fomenting revolution? I thought insighting revolution and creating cluster f**ks and blowback around the world was our nations favorite past time?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)