Hubs bein copied and placed in someone else's blog on YouSayToo.com?!?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)
  1. ThePracticalMommy profile image87
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

I just found out that one of my hubs was copied into someone else's blog on YouSayToo.com. I saw other hubs from fellow hubbers listed as well in the same person's blog (Scorpion360). I read the site's terms of service, and it seems like they are only supposed to have unique and original content, just like HP, but it is clear that hubs are being copied. I already contacted YouSayToo, but is there anything else I should do? Any help would be appreciated!

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You say you already contacted yousaytoo. I'm assuming you filled out their DMCA form.

This happened to me as well. It was a Hubber who found the copied Hub and alerted me. I filled out the DMCA form from yousaytoo's site, and my copied Hub was removed within 8 hours.

Clearly, they are paying attention, although they don't seem to have any screening in place to avoid publishing copyrighted text.

ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for the info of the DMCA. When I contacted them, I filled out an email with the URL of the blog and my original URL, but I'm not quite sure it was the form. I'm going to go check now.

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image87

*being. Wow. I was so upset before when I realized someone was stealing my hubs that I didn't even check the spelling of my forum post...Sorry!

2. Sally's Trove profile image79
    Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

Also, note that yousaytoo is in beta...they've got a long way to go.

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image87
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

I noticed a hub by Mrs. Menagerie was there too, as well as many others from HP. Hubbers beware!

4. aw1219 profile image60
    aw1219posted 12 years ago

I will check this website out and I'm glad that you posted this information.  I think you took the right steps and I hope this matter gets resolved quickly.

5. Charlu profile image77
    Charluposted 12 years ago

FYI There is a hubber who took my title (number 1 under many searches) and didn't acknowledge myself or a link until you clicked thru to facebook and then in very small print.

Can they do that? It pisses me off. If they had acknowledged who wrote it or a link in the beginning it would have been different.

Besides member 2 years 0 hubs 0 followers Is that a red flag or what

Help with info please This has happened twice before but with a blog and another article which I sent an email and they took it down  Now I am at a loss.

Good Luck and didn't mean to steal your post it was just the same subject and thought others should know about the hubber

No problem! Thanks for sharing your story. It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one, but I'm sorry to hear that there are others with the same problem...

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Didn't a hubber make an article titled: "Ultimate Fish Tacos" Well its on this website.

I saw that one too. That and a few others I recognized right away.

7. LuisEGonzalez profile image77

Thanks Practical Mommy, I found two of my hubs copied word from word and filled the required notice, we will see what happens.

8. Charlu profile image77

All of the articles are copied from hubbers. If you do a search for all of her blog titles with HP you will find them all from Mrsmenagerie, alocsin, barbergirl28,  and Kathleen Cochran.

If you would please notify the company that all of her articles are copied I'm sure they would appreciate it.

FYI there is also a hubber Scorpion 360 joined 2 months ago 0 hubs 0 followers

Somebody needs to get this to the team

1. Charlu profile image77
      Charluposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry the ultimate fish taco was Cmkrakora  Thanks

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image87

Yeah, I looked through about twenty of the articles or so and they are hubs from here... A few of them (not mine) have "source" listed at the bottom of the page that is hyperlinked with the original content from HP. Grr. Perhaps someone should flag the hubber Scorpion 360?

1. Charlu profile image77
        Charluposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I already did and also ggberry who was the one that copied mine, again joined 2 years ago 0 hubs 0 followers 2  years!!
        Man that makes me mad
        Thanks for posting this so others can also see whats happened maybe even to them

9. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Soon after this thread was opened, I tried to go to that site to check for copied content.

Immediately, I was attacked with those pop-up notices that say there is a Trojan on the computer.  They were popping up all over the place.  I managed to close them and started running a scan of my computer.  Nada.  [And... a few days ago, when I ran a scan, it said that some trojans had been deleted, so I don't think it was a failure of Symantec, that none were found this evening.] 

Anyway, based on the reports here, I don't think I need to worry about my own content.  I don't know what caused the attack, but I wanted to warn anyone else who tries to go to that site.

10. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I'm a member of yousaytoo and have been for a long time, but am not active in their community.

I looked at the posts of this person and it seems all of her work is stolen from HP, I emailed a couple of members to let them know.

Aficionada, I didn't go straight to yousaytoo following your warning, but instead found them through Google, who are usually quite good at telling you if a site is under attack, and all seemed OK so I went ahead. Got AVG running anyway.

1. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, IzzyM.  I'm not ruling out completely the possibility that the problem was/is on my end.  I did install an update to some software today, and I can think of some other possible entryways.  But the pop-up warnings occurred when I tried to go to that site, so that was where I assumed the problem lay.  I'll try going through Google next time, as you did.

11. LuisEGonzalez profile image77

Just to let everyone know, that the staff from YouSayToo, responded and removed my copied articles a few hours after I contacted them.

They just emailed me as well and removed my article. I hope they are able to do something about that particular blogger....

12. Charlu profile image77

WoooHoooo  I'm so glad Now the others need to write a complaint and maybe then she will deal with the consequences

I tried to email ggberry and it wouldn't let me I'm not sure why.

Have an incredible day

13. Cmkrakora profile image60
    Cmkrakoraposted 12 years ago

I just went and looked at that website and whoever reported the person who copied my hub- thank you! My mom and I have noticed that this guy started following both of us the same day that my hub was posted on that site. He has not commented on any of my mother's hubs and nothing of mine either so we think he may be the one doing it. He is following more people every hour so keep a look out for him. His name starts with an 'R'.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)