The very sensitive Word N******

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)
  1. sassychic profile image61
    sassychicposted 14 years ago

Okay so I was called a name the other day, I was so put off by how funny the guy thought he was when he said it to my face. I was so disguised by it. the N***R word. I can't believe how many people think it's okay to say it wherever they are or what they are doing. The guy thought if he yelled at me and said that word I was going to move over or respond and think it was okay? What do you guys think?

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Personally I am repulsed by the word and I cannot stand it! It is unacceptable and when I hear it come out of somebody , it makes my stomach turn as I cannot stand ignorance. sad

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

I've long stopped hearing it. In between the bass beats, the slamming of fo'ties, and the jingling of blingling.

wink

G|M

1. Eaglekiwi profile image76
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

luv yer sense of humour!

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
        GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. smile I love to make people smile...

G|M

3. Herald Daily profile image58
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

That's just plain nasty and unnecessary!

4. sassychic profile image61

He thought it was funny. He continued to whistel at me while I was bagging some food up (@ the Grocery store)He Continued to follow me to my car until I put my car in reverse and tapped teh pedal as if I was going to run him over with my car in teh parking lot. He backed off as soon as I did that and other shoppers saw what he was doing.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would have been tempted to call 911 and tell them I was being followed by a strange man...

5. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

Personally, I like to ignore monkey behaviour.

Validating said monkey usually makes them only throw more fecal matter.

G|M

1. Herald Daily profile image58
      Herald Dailyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny, yet sadly true.

6. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Ignoring is the best response.

7. sassychic profile image61

In this situation I was really willing to punch his lights out. I couldnt believe how gross he was. The fact that a person would presist and say that word really ticked me off. I was ignoring him until I was bagging up my stuff and I gave a look (that was when I was about to snap)

8. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I would have taken an egg out of the carton and chucked it at him.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
      GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You'd be wasting a highly delicious and protein filled meal on an ignant luser!

But maybe the laughter would have been worth it.

However, reciprocating hate with hate is usually a bad idea.

Franz Ferdinand probably didn't want WW I.

G|M

2. sassychic profile image61
      sassychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love that Idea! You wanna know? I was thinking the exact thing at that time!

1. Colebabie profile image61
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You totally should have. A guy hit on me once, and I found the biggest guy in the place to go over to him and very kindly ask him to leave me alone. (My real boyfriend wasn't with me at the time. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do to teach people a lesson sometimes.

9. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Oh
    Oh
    Oh
    Next time you shame his/her dumbass!!
    Maybe ask them are you lacking attention is that w'sup baby?

Shame on them

Smile lots ( dont let the Poison in)

1. sassychic profile image61
      sassychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love this comment! smile

10. sassychic profile image61

You wanna know what was the wierdest thing guess who I saw 2 the gas station this afternoon? Same Dude he gave me a wierd almost horny or provacative look. The more funny thing is that I was with my boyfriend and he asked me how that guy knew me. I told him and my boyfriend gave me a wierd look and said if he comes near you I'll handle him. smile

11. profile image0
    SarahMichelleposted 14 years ago

I work with a group of extremely diverse students, and I hate it when they use that word.  My worst violators, though, are one black student to another...it makes me hurt that they call each other that.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Words that have developed such negative meaning are hurtful and yet Hollywood is forever keeping them fresh in movies showing tough guys using it. I do not like any derogative racist words, and feel that they are the mark of ignorance and a bad attitude..

12. sassychic profile image61

its like nails on a chalk board! It makes you cringe everytime I hear it! Plus its like the ultimate thing I never want top hear or think about.

13. sassychic profile image61

First I pressed the pedal in Park to reve my engine and He started laughing at me so then I through my car in reverse adn tapped teh pedal to pull out of the parking lot. and I freaked the crap outta him! I think I did okay. Man I wish I had an egg though to chuck at him!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)