A Flotilla of Fools off to Gaza

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (27 posts)
  1. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

These people are a bunch of fools for sure. Here we go again. I hope Israel commandeers, empties, and sinks those ships so these people cannot float anywhere else to stir up trouble.

How sad to see the duped human rights activists who joined the anti-Zionist diehards on the new flotilla.

The flotilla is coming, the flotilla is coming.

European and North American activists, journalists, and mercenaries have set sail—or are about to do so—on fifteen boats with passengers from twenty-two mainly Western countries to “break the Israeli blockade of Gaza.” Spurred on by the anti-Potemkin Village images of Palestinian Arabs living in wretched refugee hovels, fenced in by an allegedly “apartheid” Israeli wall, oppressed by “Nazi” Israeli soldiers for “racist” reasons (and not because the Palestinian leadership practices both Islamic gender and religious apartheid as well as terrorism)–the Good People are sailing to the rescue.

Bad enough that Israel is surrounded by twenty-two hostile Arab countries plus a genocidally anti-Jewish and anti-Israeli Iran, a country which has positioned soldiers in Lebanon, Gaza, and Syria.

Bad enough that the United Nations and the Palestinian leadership are planning to unilaterally declare a Palestinian state on sovereign Israeli land.

Bad enough that the Western mainstream media and university campuses have rendered the most virulent anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism respectable and have intimidated students with endless replays of Gaza on the Hudson, Gaza on the Atlantic and Gaza on the Pacific—now, the flotilla is also coming. They say they plan to “non-violently” “provoke” Israel into a forbidden display of self-defense.

Boats are leaving or have already left from Ireland, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Norway, Greece, Turkey, Canada, as well as the United States. Clearly, these Europeans do not believe that enough Jews died in the European Holocaust and/or do not want to see the descendents of Holocaust survivors continue to flourish in Israel. Perhaps some Europeans believe that their left anti-Israel politics will put them in good stead vis-à-vis the Islamists who are rapidly overwhelming Europe in a way that only Jean Raspail, the author of The Camp of the Saints foresaw and would appreciate.

The boat from the United States has been dubbed “The Audacity of Hope.” (Now where have we heard that title before?) On it are 36 passengers and four crew members, including some members of the Soros-funded Code Pink. Journalists from The Nation, CNN, NPR, CBS, The New York Times, Democracy Now, and the Palestinian News Agency Ma’an are “embedded” within the flotilla. “Embedded”? Isn’t that the word used to describe journalists who accompany troops in active battle?

Forgive me: I take words very seriously

Rest of the article here...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Artic … aspx/10343

Unbelievable BS this is. The American and European Leftists and Progressives are a bunch of fools. But like I have been saying, Anti--Semetism is the ties that binds those two grouips and Islam, so it is justone big party for them. I hopews they all get sea-sick all the way there.

And here is a lil bonus for you all...

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeche … eitnow.htm

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"Bad enough that Israel is surrounded"
    Israel is hated 'cause they're thieves.

TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Israel did not steal that land...

Zionists stole Palestinian land: That’s the mantra both the Palestinian Authority and Hamas teach their children and propagate in their media.

This claim has vast importance, as Palestinian Media Watch explains: “Presenting the creation of the [Israeli] state as an act of theft and its continued existence as a historical injustice serves as the basis for the PA’s non-recognition of Israel’s right to exist.” The accusation of theft also undermines Israel’s position internationally.

But is this accusation true?

No, it is not. Ironically, the building of Israel represents almost the most peaceable in-migration and state creation in history. Understanding why requires seeing Zionism in context. Simply put, conquest is the historical norm. Governments everywhere have been established through invasion and nearly all states came into being at someone else’s expense. No one is permanently in charge; everyone’s roots trace back to somewhere else.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/ … niel-pipes

True History blasts that theft of Palistine myth out of the water. And where did those Palistinian refugees come from...

----------------------------

"According to official records of the League of Nations and Arab census figure 539,000 Arabs left Israel at the urging of 7 converging Arab armies so that they would not be in the way of their attack. They promised the fleeing Arabs they would return and move into the Jews' houses after the anticipated successful annihilation of the Jews.

"We know that 850,000 Jews were ejected from the Arab countries where they had lived for hundreds of years. This included successful people whose property and assets, including community assets were immediately confiscated. 750,000 penniless Jews from Arab countries fled to Israel.

"This was a virtual exchange of population. The Jewish refugees were immediately accepted by the new State of Israel. They were provided with shelter (albeit temporary tents) food and clothing.

"The Arab refugees who had migrated to various Arab nations were not similarly well received. They were regarded not as Arab brothers but as unwelcome migrants who were not to be trusted. Squalid refugee camps were set up as showpieces to induce the West's sympathy and kept that way. The UN through UNRWA (UN Relief Agency) provided assistance to the camps when the host country could not or would not. These camps became a training ground for terrorist youth to be targeted at Israel. The host country, like Syria, would provide training, weapons and explosives, but refused to absorb the Arab refugees as equal citizens. Keeping them in misery made them valuable and irreplaceable as angry front line terrorists attacking Israel as proxies for the Arab armies who lost to the Jews on the field of battle in declared wars. The Twin Pillars supporting Arab Muslim society are "Pride and Shame". Losing to the Jews on the battlefield time and again in 6 wars shattered the self perception of the Macho Man.

http://www.science.co.il/Arab-Israeli-c … sp#Whathap

Real History puts the lie to that BS.

3. knolyourself profile image60

"Zionists stole Palestinian land: That’s the mantra both the Palestinian Authority and Hamas teach their children and propagate in their media." Terrorists, communists, Muslims indoctrinate their children. Such propaganda would seem obvious. I find the more complicated the more easy to obfuscate the mass lying, which is what makes the world go around.

I will agree with you on that, alot of lying in this world, and most of it is propagated as truth. Especially in the American system of Higher Education, campuses are full of Anti-Israel propaganda and anti-capitalist hate, not to mention the anti-American rhetoric, but not much of any opposing views. Speeks volumes about the situation.

Did you read about the refugees at science.co.il? They are there cause they are a good tool, and a front line force, for Islam to use against Israel.

4. knolyourself profile image60

So TMMason have you applied for Israeli citizenship yet? I was there and was told
    I could not be a citizen. Not Jewish you know. In what other country in the world would that be allowed?

Saudi Arabia... not Muslim no citizenship. NO ONE but Muslims allowed to live in the Penninsula. You get cought carrying a Bible or preaching Christianity, or Atheism, or Judaism, anything other than the correct Islam... your dead... and that is not a joke... your DEAD! Period. Per the LAW of alla and Moohammud.

And I don't think china will do it either. Not all countries are as open as the USA.

5. knolyourself profile image60

"Saudi Arabia... not Muslim no citizenship."
    I'm guessin' you would call that fascism. I
    would.

The Liberals call it, "INSULAR", like China. Humorous isn't it? Yes I would call Saudi Arabia a Fascist State.

Where as Israel allows anyone into Israel, but Jews as citizens, or Arabs. There are plenty of Arab citizens of Israel who are quite happy with Israel and the Jews.

6. knolyourself profile image60

God you are a lot of work.

It takes alot to see the real story, friend.

All sides have produced their lies and minipuilated the history of the world, untwisting the knots is not so easy. But when one looks at history, and applies their knowledge to it, what they have been told and learnt, and finds holes all over, that person should know that there are lies in play.

The truth leaves no holes... because good or bad, it is a full accounting of what has been. And only through the truth can we hope to not repeat the mistakes of the past. And WE ARE setting ourselves up to REPEAT those mistakes of the past.

Too many people ignore that. Blindly swallowing the lie and regurgatating it as fact. eg; Like when the NY Times runs a lie, and then the other news services run the same lie. Someone says, -hey thats a lie-... and they are met with, "No it must be true everyone else says so", and they point to the other news services as proof of the NY Times' lie. Same with History.

It is true, if you repeat a lie enough times, it becomes fact.

And we all know reallity is perception. And who is it that has had the reigns of perception for 100 years? Think, "Frankfurt School", and "Cultural Marxism".

http://www.academia.org/the-origins-of- … rrectness/

7. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Mr. Mason, I'm not going to debate you on this. I know how strongly you feel. I have mixed emotions. Both Israel and Palestine have valid complaints against the other.

This being said, I support the flotilla. We have to do everything within our power to send a message to both of them that we support the basic rights of human beings and to hell with their politics. People are suffering. We can't turn a blind eye to that and not do what we can to make a statement.

Sorry. I'd have been on one of those boats had I had the option.

If the Arab States would re-absorb those they have left strung out there in the wind, there would be no refugees to commit, or have violence committed, against them.

And I understand and appreciate your wanting to stand for human rights and non-violence, but that part of the world has had violence for the better part of human history. Something about it stirs the hearts of those involved to want to possess it.

I just know that to blame the Jews for it all, which many do, is not the right of it. Have the Jews done things they shouldn't have, yes. Have the refugees, yes.

And also, the qu'ran does not allow for peace with Israel, nor with jews, regardless of if Israel was there, or not. Islam is bound by the word of allah to destroy the Jews. That is the only way the end days can come for them, and it is also the last known command of Mohhammud.

It is a messy situation to try to solve, and I do not think any of us can. It is completely up to them. I am not saying that you trying is not admirable, but just that you all should watch who you side with.

America has sided with the wrong people on many occassions, and we are paying for that in some ways today.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is all the more reason for the rest of the world to stand firmly committed to not be dragged into their mentality.

I support Israel's rights, but I would think the Israelis, of all people, could sympathize with the Palestinians. I know there have been moments they tried, but they simply have to try harder. The situation, as it stands, is untenable.

And I understand that opinion and stance, and respect it.

I believe the Arab nations could end the refugee problem tomorrow. They have the land to re-absorb those refugees, or create a country for the Palistinians.

And thank you for the conversation emileR. I have enjoyed it greatly.

1. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I enjoyed it too. Up until your last comment. So, you think the Palestinians should pack up and leave home? That's your solution?

2. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps the US should give them Arizona as the Arab nations don't seem to want to give part of their country.

Israel doesn't want to give up their country, either.

And since those refugees are the Arabs' resonsibility, then that is fair. If they, the Arab nations, hadn't screwed them to begin with... we wouldn't have this problem. So... since they caused it... they can clean it up.

And I have said over and over to my friends, somewhat jokingly, we should allow Israel to have a 100 mile wide swath of the United States straight across the US along the Mexican border and tell them, no one goes north. 

I bet that would solve our immigration problem. And I trust Israel alot more than Mexico.

8. knolyourself profile image60

"Irvine states that 75 percent of AIM's funding comes from contributors donating US$100 or less.[citation needed] Only three donors of the remainder are given by name: the Allied Educational Foundation, Shelby Cullom Davis, and billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife. Scaife gave $2 million to Accuracy in Media since 1977 -1997"
    From wikipedia. Now tell me how biased sikipedia is.

There is bias everywhere, everyone has some interest vested in something, somewhere, at sometime. A twisted knot to untie.

As I said, look for the holes, the truth has no holes.

Thank you for the conversation, Knol.

9. knolyourself profile image60

"As I said, look for the holes, the truth has no holes." The truth is the Whole.

"I believe the Arab nations could end the refugee problem tomorrow. They have the land to re-absorb those refugees, or create a country for the Palistinians." You could start. Put them in your neighborhood.

Actually America has opened an imigration policy for the refugees/Palistinians from what I have heard. So we are trying to do just that.

It doesn't bother me, as long as they assimilate. As I said, I know not all Muslims are jihadists, but too many are. And too many who are not, support it financially and refuse to speak out against it. And silence is to be taken as assentment.

1. HattieMattieMae profile image60
        HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The rate we are all going in this world we are doomed! sad

I believe so... hmm

10. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

Apple removes free ‘Thirdintifada’ from App Store

Apple Inc. removed the Arabic-language “Thirdintifada” application from its App Store following a request from the Israeli government.

The application was removed June 22, a day after Israel’s minister of public diplomacy and diaspora affairs, Yuli Edelstein, wrote to Apple founder and CEO Steve Jobs making the request.

“We removed this app from the App Store because it violates the developer guidelines by being offensive to large groups of people,” an Apple spokesman said Wednesday evening.

The Thirdintifada application, which had been available for free download from the App Store, updates users on anti-Israel protests or allows them to organize their own. It also features anti-Israel articles and photos of terrorists who have attacked Israel or Israelis.

Edelstein, who in his letter to Jobs had called the application “anti-Israel and anti-Zionist,” commended the decision in a statement issued June 23.

“This is an additional step in preventing hostile elements, which are frequently tainted by anti-Semitism, from spreading incitement via the ‘new media,’ ” his statement said. “By its action, Apple has proven, as Facebook did, that it shares the values that oppose violence, incitement and terrorism.”

In March, Edelman appealed to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to remove a page called “Third Intifada” that called for a new uprising against Israel. The page subsequently was removed, though copycat pages arose in its place.

Edelstein in his letter to Jobs wrote, “I believe Apple, as a pioneering and progressive company, places the values of liberty, freedom of expression and creativity as a guiding light. Also, as a leader in its area, I am convinced that you are aware of this type of application’s ability to unite many toward an objective that could be disastrous.”

11. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

US expecting the worse from the UN.
    war looking to repeate itself I am begining to think now. Signs do not look good at all.

U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin said supporters of Israel must be prepared for a U.N. General Assembly vote recognizing a Palestinian state in September, saying the Palestinians have “the upper hand” in pushing through such a resolution.

The Palestinians have a solid bloc of allies in the General Assembly, whereas the measure likely will not pass if brought before the U.N. Security Council, Cardin (D-Md.) said June 22 during a speech at a conference here on the Middle East sponsored by The Israel Project.

“We have to be prepared for a U.N. vote that is negative,” Cardin said. “There will be consequences.”

Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-Nev.) echoed Cardin’s sentiments, stating flatly that a unilateral resolution recognizing a Palestinian state “absolutely cannot happen.”

Berkley said she has been assured privately and through public statements by the Obama administration that the United States will stand with Israel if such a vote occurs.

“It would be very helpful to us and to Israel if we were not standing there alone,” she said.

Rep. Robert Dold (R-Ill.) said the issue of Iran is chief among the Middle East turmoil, calling it “the greatest threat to our own national security in the United States.”

“We cannot lose sight of Iran,” Dold said. “A nuclear-armed Iran is absolutely unacceptable.”

Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, also speaking at the conference, said Iran would be a “game changer” if it were to develop nuclear weapons. Kristol likened the possibility to the Cold War, saying it would put Israel and Iran in a “perpetually Cuban Missile Crisis” situation.

Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) said liberals suffer from “the David and Goliath inversion” regarding the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.

“Liberals always root for David, never Goliath,” and automatically believe Israel is the aggressor, Sherman said. “Just because the IDF wears uniforms doesn’t mean they’re wrong.”

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)