Most Annoying Posts in Forums

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (126 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Baileybearposted 12 years ago

The posts I loathe most are the ones where people resort to childish name-calling.

Almost as bad is where some clogs up forums with large sections of stolen content copied and pasted from elsewhere.

The next most annoying IMO, is instead of debating, they make a personal attack or claim that I must hate them

Agree?

1. Greg Sage profile image40
      Greg Sageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or how about when people just beg pathetically for more followers?

C'mon.  Who's with me?

1. profile image0
        King Larry 2.0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I hate those too.  Personally, I'd rather have people follow me because they wanted to, and not because I had to go out of my way to make you feel sympathy enough to follow me to reach a certain number.  I mean who cares?  it's not like you make money for every person that follows you.

Totally.

Losers.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
            theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seriously...you've been here five days and you have cried, moaned and complained in every single thread I've read.  Do you ever have anything positive to say?

At least most other Hubbers in this thread have valid points, have been here and know what they're talking about.  Not sure how you think you're qualified to add your two cents in a thread about annoying comments when quite honestly....you bring nothing positive to the forums yourself. 

No offense but perhaps you could be here a little longer before you start bitching about Hubbers and Hubpages in general (according to your other threads).

As you were undoubtedly unaware of the fact that several of the individuals on this thread are already following me, and apparently failed to notice that the thread at the very top of the list on nearly the exact moment you posted you comment was, in fact, my own shameless and sophomoric tongue-in-cheek offer to perform wacky stunts in exchange for followers...

... I will assume that your lack of contextual clues is what caused you to miss the real irony here. Closer observation will reveal that I am the only one NOT moaning and complaining about other people in a thread whose sole purpose is moaning and complaining.

I don't really care who is following you.  The point is...most of these hubbers are established and have the right to complain because they've felt the irritation of the forums.  When you've been here five days...you really don't.

AND had you read my comment....I was also referring to your other threads...YOU are constantly complaining.  You've started several threads, complaining that Hubpages is run by robots, blah blah blah....when you've been here longer go ahead and complain. I just find someone who's been here 6 days and has nothing but negative things to say is NOT an asset to Hubpages.  Just my opinion.....perhaps you could adjust your attitude a bit and try looking at the positive side of things...you could always go write somewhere else if you're so aggravated by everything in such a short time.

I have had ONE issue that happened to shut down 2 threads in 2 different ways on the same day.  HP took 5 days to respond.  I didn't ask in the forum until day 4.  By then, they had already yanked down multiple hubs, given me a false reason for doing so, and told me NOT to resubmit or contact them until I fixed things... that weren't broken.  Would you know what to do?  I didn't.  So I asked.

Premature?  Maybe.  Mental note:  expect 5 day delay for all communications with HP.  Lesson learned.  I already apologized within the thread if it sounded like complaining and reiterated multiple times that I wasn't looking for sympathy, but for a solution.  I found it thanks to some Hubbers who are actually helpful, and I've moved on.  Why haven't you?

The irony of you telling me to be positive is something only you could miss.

You, have made personal attacks against multiple people in this thread alone even though no one was even attempting to converse with you.  I have only seen you in one other thread, and you were doing the same thing there.  I have no idea what your problem is, but I wish you the best.

You're adorable.  Sense of humor and contextual awareness are acquired skills.  Don't sweat it.  You'll get there.

Namaste.

The only people I "attacked" were you and some other person who just joined and is probably already gone because you were both ridiculous with your comments.  Like either of you have a clue of what goes on in the forums. 

So sad you feel you were attacked when I simply stated the obvious. 

As for waiting for Hubpages to reply.....they don't reply on the weekends so yes, your whining was premature.  If they yanked your hubs they did it for a reason...evaluate them and fix them.  There should be reasons provided to you.  Most of us have had hubs that have been unpublished for one reason or another, it's not the end of the world or worth whining over.

Hmmmm....I do have a sense of humor, kind of have to deal with people like you, don't I?

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...darn...King Larry, it was good to see you back, but now you're gone - too bad!...yor the best!

1. profile image0
            Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, but I think King Larry was always a bit too wild for forums if you catch my drift. wink  lollol

2. CARIBQUEEN profile image65
        CARIBQUEENposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep, that can be irritating.  They do appear pathetic.  Writing is challenging and is fun - they should just do it for the fun and also to inform the public on serious issues - if they have any.

2. profile image0
      ctbrown7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.  Especially personal attacks when there really is no way of having a personal knowledge of anyone on here.  It's foolishness.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

flounce threads - people announcing they're leaving but never leave.. they're always hovering.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ah yes, but I find those less annoying than the other 3

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To be quite honest, I usually don't read them. To me, they're a waste of time. I have certain forums blocked and specific threads.
        I'm just not interested.

2. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

TRUE smile

Its Lingering.

4. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"flounce threads" - What a great name for them, rebekah!

5. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Those are annoying to me too.

Why announce you are leaving, do you think people will actually beg you to stay?

6. Eaglekiwi profile image76
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol Kinda Hubpages own version of Hollywood lol

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

How about smarmy religionists who find every way known to man to abuse without actually saying anything directly which they know they would be banned for?

Or making disgusting threats that you will wind up in hell or be tortured because you don't believe what they do?

1. profile image0

Yes, I find both of those very irritating - they are either openly aggressive or passive aggressive and then the irony is they accuse those that disagree with them as being aggressive haters

1. profile image0

and then there's the occasional annoying comment on a hub - they ask questions which I answer, but they don't like my answer so they get all sh!tty - they just want to argue

2. Eaglekiwi profile image76

I think you really enjoy them ,or you would just block the religious thread wink

4. shogan profile image76
    shoganposted 12 years ago

Normally, I really don't mind people looking for help, but what about threads by long-term hubbers posing questions that have been answered countless times (often within the previous week)?

Or what about threads asking "How kin i make more munny?"

5. Azure11 profile image83
    Azure11posted 12 years ago

Actually I find some of the most annoying posts the ones where Hubpages make an announcement and people just post kind of like - oh you are so great Hubpages, you can't do anything wrong, thank you so much - yeuch, think before you write and just try to suck up and try and have a valid opinion of your own lol!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep. I agree with you.  You're brilliant.

But seriously. I do agree.  The other one that has hacked me off for the last four months are people saying "my traffic is fine".  Oh really?

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well - just to really P!@@ you off - My traffic is as high as it has ever been !!!!

It is not possible to be any less big_smile

You see?  There's always one...

2. Joy56 profile image68
          Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

ah yeah but your traffic has never really been that high has it?????????? 

he knows this is a joke everyone, honestly.

NO he doesn't - his views are right up there in double figures on average - 10 per day - for 10 hubs !   If it is possible to get less please let me know, I would hate to be doing anything right.

2. profile image0

I hate the whole - "You'll make money after you've been doing this for a while.  Just give it time."

How much frickin' time - like...forever?  I mean, I wasn't out to make money really (till I found out I could, of course), but still, for the folks who really set out to do so and just aren't seeing the dough roll in, giving them the lousy advice to "Just give it time," pretty much sucks.  Especially if you're one of the ones who's been here for like six days and is already earning $10 a day - and sometimes with crappy hubs, no less.

That's what I need. Crappy ten dollar hubs.  Instead of crappy no dollar hubs.

The other one that annoyed me was "let them age" in response to my queries about traffic.  I was letting them age when that Panda came along...

2. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's bloody frustrating MC.

I have had four distinct kicks in the guts since the Panda roll out.
          I don't need the money frankly, but I used it as a personal measure of my worth as a writer.... for a while.

Apparently my original material on cars of 1,200 words a video and 6 pictures backed by a lot of experience are not as exciting to searches as 3 lines in an answers post like "cars are good I know about them I saw one once"

Making money from adsense is now the work of the keyword kings, black hats and spammers. Content counts for very little.
          Even the best writers here who still have reasonable figures are not happy with the way things are now.

1. profile image0

Ugh.  Ain't the the truth, earnest!  And, I'll tell you, keyword usage and stuffing just ain't my thing.  In all honesty, my "content" is good.  It's just not often what people tend to be looking for.  But, for those folks who write quality content on things folks are actually searching (like you), I have a great deal of sympathy.  Integrity in writing doesn't count for nearly as much as search engine manipulation, apparently.

That's an answer for you too, Mark.  As to the letting them age - what exactly does that mean?  Just leave them there?  What makes you think if no one's searching them now that they will be later?  Or that if they do, just because yours is older doesn't mean it's going to suddenly be indexed higher if someone else is producing crappy content but is a genius at the search engine manipulation game.

The "letting them age" thing is to do with naturally acquiring organic backlinks over a period of time.  The top people will say that best earnings from hubs come between 6 months and three years - I think.  But that... was pre Panda.

1. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hope you're right, Mark, as much of my stuff is coming up on a year old.

If not, I may be getting bills instead of income from Google for the privilege of posting on "their" internet! big_smile

Me right?  Don't blame me please. I'm just passing on what was said to me as I got impatient waiting for earnings.

2. Ms Chievous profile image67
                Ms Chievousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep this was the talk last year about letting them "age"  I remember this time last year hubbers were in a frenzy to get all their Christmas hubs done now so they could "age properly" by the holidays.  I am skeptical about Holiday earnings on Hubpages since Panda....

1. profile image0

'Aging' has made no difference to mine.  I got the most views when they were first published, then died down & steady after that

3. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But my traffic is fine, its sitting at the bottom of the bucket playing a game of solitaire quietly. lol

2. profile image0

Yet a lot of those same hubbers are often the same damn ones that open up threads to complain about the same staff they're commenting.  Sheesh.  Make up your minds people.  You love the staff when things are moving up, but you hate on them when things are down.  With supporters like that, then you don't need enemies.

Encounter a lot of that in the 101 minutes you've been active, have you?  Or are you just another sock puppet hiding behind a false identity?

1. profile image0

tsk tsk tsk.  Has it ever occurred to you that I might be a hubber that used to write on here all the time, then decided to come back a few months later to post about some of their previous experiences?   Trust me, you should never make assumptions about others, but it's nice to meet you too.  big_smile

1. profile image0
            klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You've been around long enough and you have enough common sense to know when someone is making a joke. Good to have you back.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image65

whatever you are.....it's not nice to meet you.  Just what we need is another hub-less person who comes to the forums to spill negativity...like there isn't enough of your type already.

1. profile image0

nagativity?  Nah, I ain't here for that crap.  I'm just here to have fun, and party!  Besides, why make war anyways?  I'm not a fighter.  I'm a lover. wink  Although if a guy *** with me, then he'll obviously he get his a** kicked.  But you get what I mean. wink  lollol

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59

...long live King Larry.... big_smile

1. mega1 profile image80
                  mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

yeah!

the only guy who flirts more outrageously than I do! and never backs off!

6. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

And condescending Elitists?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sarcasm...

People who make meaningless sarcastic comments on a thread.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL you must hate me.   sad

2. SunSeven profile image61

May be, people who make meaningless threads?

2. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://caribflyer.com/carib/wp-content/uploads/thumbs-up.png

1. SunSeven profile image61

Thank You.

I am humbled.

WR smile

7. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Do you think forums with moderator approval on commenting are good? I just started a phpbb forum and Im moderating all my posts to avoid dodgy stuff being post because I have Adsense surrounding my forum smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image57
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You would never sleep, eat, or use the bathroom.  I've moderated SECTIONS of forums before.  A modest 2k poster count would shut your central nervous system down if you had to moderate each comment before posting.  In addition, people posting on forums like to have almost real time conversation... so back to the not sleeping/eating thing.

@ Uninvited Writer I leave random sarcastic remarks on forums because longer posts that deal with my actual thoughts would take pages and most certainly end up in hurt feelings.  Consider those sarcastic posts as cliff notes of irritation.

8. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Might have to employ moderators lol

9. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Other than the religious threads (which - I'm sorry - just irk me when they keep showing up), the only thing that really irks me is the blanket-generalization kind of thread, like "Why do women think...(blah blah blah)?" or this one:  "The Democrats think..."/"The Republicans think...".  This may be pathetic of me, but I enjoy a good departure thread (whether it's a "legitimate" voicing of complaints or just a flounce).  smile  (Oh - one kind that irks me is the one where someone asks a question like, "How do you get rid of ants," and a bunch of unwitting people go try to offer information - only to later discover the person wrote a Hub about getting rid of ants, complete with lots of information on it and was trying to call attention to it.  mad  )

Oh groan - I know what you mean.

On an unrelated matter I wonder how you can get a job at a local newspaper.

1. profile image0

Great question, Mark.  I think you should try writing a hub about it.  wink

Well, you'll never guess what.  I went to start a new hub and discovered I wrote one on this very subject only yesterday!  What a coincidence.  Bit spooky or blatant self publicity - whose to say?

I see traffic is down again.

1. profile image0

I say spooky.  And, don't worry about your traffic.  It just takes time, and HubPages staff are awesome and have the best ideas ever about post-Panda recovery!

big_smile

You put the words right into my mouth...

1. profile image0

So much better than taking them out...I don't find myself covered in drool. 

Phew.

2. Greg Sage profile image40

Spooky.

Tell me more.  smile

2. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mark, it only counts (on my personal "irk list", anyway) if you start a whole, brand new, thread with your question.  If you do what you just did I think that's just an attempt at thread hijacking - which is a-whole-nother matter thing entirely.   smile

That's fair enough Lisa and as a matter of fact I have just <snip>

2. profile image0

I notice a lot of people like labels eg the 'Leftists' do this...

10. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

people who want to discuss traffic or the lack of it forever and ever

1. shogan profile image76
      shoganposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had three more views yesterday than I did the day before.  Could this be a significant upswing?  wink

11. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

I used to think thinly disguised sex-talk on the forums was annoying, but now that it is gone, I kinda miss it hmm  tongue  smile

1. profile image0

lol

2. profile image0

there was a recent one about underpants

1. Lisa HW profile image62

I hope that one stays buried.  It was just creepy (without anyone even having to click to see what it was).   lol

lol...some of the topics really make me chuckle!

1. Lisa HW profile image62

A lot of them make me chuckle (which is why I like to pop on the forums as often as I do) - but that particular underwear one just creeped me out.  lol  (and it kept showing up for a couple of days there   lol )

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image75
              DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there is the creep factor.  I mostly come for entertainment, not for arguing.  If i want a daily dose of religion, politics, or general crap, I can trun on the TV. smile

3. Eaglekiwi profile image76

Well when it was fun , it was naughty but respectful (usually), y'know just adults relaxing...

I still remember Captain and his side kick what's her name,provactive lil shrew,amazing poet!

Anyway Thursdays must have been drinkies for the Capt,and boy couple of threads would have been sitcom material lol

I also used to learn trivia stuff,which sometimes turns out to be not so trivial.

So  so so funny..

12. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

oh, here's one, althought it hasn't happened for quite awhile - there used to be several people who would hijack every thread to talk about their pet dogs!  that was annoying, and irritating also!

(redundancy doesn't bother me at all, folks!)

13. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

i don't like flirts myself do you?????????

14. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

I adore the flirts - if they are men - the women, not so much!  lol

1. Joy56 profile image68

shucks

15. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

not much chance of you doing anything right, please but that tongue back in your mouth.

16. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

Have to be mine. smile

If not I can try harder...sad ... just let me know.

1. Joy56 profile image68

who is talking to who here, try what harder

1. TMMason profile image60
        TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am answering the topic, Joy.

17. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

we all have to try harder to annoy people... I do it without trying actually.  Who is the guy in the avatar.

Senator Joseph R. McCarthy, R- 1948 to 1954-, American hero and Patriot.

1. Joy56 profile image68

was that picture taken on a bad day, he does not look happy.

He was a serious and stern man when it came to defending this nation.  That photo was excerpted from the video of his rebuttal to Edward R. Murrow, an event he under-took with all seriousness and  sincerity.

If you are interested to know more, see my Hubs on the McCarthy hearings. He has been trashed by the American Left for decades, but is even now being redeemed in the eyes of the American people.

And I would wager alot of folks on this site would point to my posts on him as the most annoying.

And it is nice to meet you, Joy. I do not believe we have spoke before. I hope you are having a good day.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image74
        Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Senator Joseph R. McCarthy, R- 1948 to 1954-, Witch hunter, destroyer of liberty, shredder of the Constitution.

"He has been trashed by [people who actually like the Constitution] for decades, but is even now being redeemed in the eyes of the American [lunatic fringe]." There, fixed it for you.

McCarthy never destroyed anyone's career and no-one went to prison under Mccarthy. That was under Woodrow Wilson, and emprisoning people without due process was FDR in WWII, and destroying was HUAC's daily job and Martin Dies, Democrat.

Fact.

McCarthy's job was to seek out and investigate security risks, threats and leaks, within the employees of the Fed. Govt., such as Wiener. Not the civillian populace.

Fact!

18. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

Evangelism threads.  I'm a Christian and I find myself wanting to hide under a couch for the way some of them make us look.  sad

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image75
      DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen! smile

1. mega1 profile image80

Hallelujah! lol

2. profile image0

Well, you're a breath of fresh air smile

19. stclairjack profile image76
    stclairjackposted 12 years ago

i have cheetos and dr pepper under my couch for just such emergencies

1. mega1 profile image80

hey!  I'll be there!

20. lyndre profile image60
    lyndreposted 12 years ago

I actually wtote a poetic hub about the forums.
    This is a verse from it, and is my most annoying thing in the forums.

Some open up a fresh account

And then come out to say

What they don’t have the b**ls to say

With their true identity

They think that they can hide from us

In the hubbers hideaway.

lol smile

2. profile image0

Yeah, I hate little pansies like that too.  wink lol

1. lyndre profile image60
        lyndreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just for you Larry. Here is the full hub.

Some come here spoiling for a fight

and some just come to play.

Which camp do you fit in?

In the hubbers hideaway.

They ask the same old questions

With daily monotony.

Please someone tell them how to search,

In the hubbers hideaway.

Some are obsessed with money,

And want to find a way.

To make themselves their fortune.

In the hubbers hideaway.

Some like to boost their egos

So come and brag away.

And hope that you will pat their back

In the hubbers hideaway.

Some open up a fresh account

And then come out to say

What they don’t have the b**ls to say

With their true identity

They think that they can hide from us

In the hubbers hideaway

lol

Feel free to add your own verse or two

21. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

me?  lol

Why - are you hiding under the couch wearing a pair of those 'creepy' knickers ?? big_smile

22. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

I always find it annoying that hubpages allows certain hubbers to self promote their hubs if it relates to the conversation, as I've always been under the impression that only "extreme makeover" forums are the only place to do that.  To me, that just seems hypocritical if you ask me, as I hate hypocrisy.

23. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

This whole thread has become annoying smile

1. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. But, I got bored and skipped to the bottom of the page in about 5 seconds. Your post was the last one I saw.

24. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

You know what annoys me?  when guys (it really is usually men who do this) start saying suggestive things, sometimes funny, and get rather smutty and then when you (as a woman) respond in kind they back off so far and suggest that you are the one who is too smutty!  unless your avatar is a grown up woman with cleavage down to here, you evidently shouldn't talk smut!  I am going to change soon and then see who will talk to me again, smut or not smut, and about what!

...go for it Mega!...

25. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

I don't know, I may just get a bit annoying tonight, myself!

26. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

The personality  of HP is different now I think.

27. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

don't you think its annoying when people post that they are leaving forever because of some slight or something or other (or maybe they just got their period or the male equivalent and are feeling testy) and then in a few days there they are back again - acting like nothing ever happened!  and no one says boo!  it annoys me.  they waste my time with their whining.  still, I need to vent and whine too, just not going to tell you if and when I ever leave.  lol hmm  sad  lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)