The Power of Your Thoughts

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)
  1. April Leeper profile image58
    April Leeperposted 12 years ago

The day begins with you stubbing your toe on a book that you had intended to start reading the night before, but never quite got to it. As you lean down to examine the damage, you spill your coffee down the front of your shirt. Now your thinking: CRAP! It's going to be one of 'these' days!? now stop. Right now, you are starting your thought pattern for the day. How much do you believe it is going to be one of these days? Well at the rate your going....you probably KNOW that it is going to be one of those days, the kind filled with disaster. You look at the clock. OH NO!! Now your running late. So you quickly change your top and head for the door. You feel like your forgetting something but you don't have time to stop and think, you have to go. You get into your car, and the gas light comes on. Great now you have to stop for gas and your already late! You happen to make EVERY red light on the way to get gas and when you pull into the closest station, a sign reads: "Pumps are closed due to maintenance." REALLY?! What did you do to deserve this kind of day?! Well friend, let me tell you a secret. Your day was not out to get you. You were. Let's rewind back to the beginning of your day. You stubbed your toe, on a book that you had REALLY wanted to start last night but never found the time to. Maybe you were mad at yourself for putting it off. Now as soon as that happened you became frustrated at the book. That frustration creates an energy that then goes out into the universe to help you create more of what you want. It does Not know that you don't actually want frustration. All the universe knows is that is what you are putting out, therefore that is what it will give back! Now you spill your coffee, and that feeling of frustration that you had has DOUBLED and you KNOW that you are just going to have one of those days. Right here you have the chance to make or literally brake your day. You can choose to believe that the world is out to get you and watch as it proves you right. OR, you can take a breath, slow down, and decide you are going to have a wonderful day filled with grace, and then watch as it proves you right. You see? YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CREATE THE WORLD AROUND YOU! Believe that your thoughts are manifesting whatever your mind is believing! Try this exercise: Close your eyes. Picture yourself as a giant magnet. Whatever thoughts you have are going to go out and bounce right back and stick to you. So if you think negatively, and about things that make you feel angry, then your a magnet attracting negativity and anger. If you think positive and about things you WANT in your life then those are the things that will be attracted to you. Give it a shot! What do you have to lose besides some negativity?

1. northweststarr profile image61
      northweststarrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said!  I know I'm going to have a great day! smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Hey April,

Apparently you didn't read the rules to the Extreme Hub Makeover forum thread. You can post a link to your hub to get advice. You are not suppose to post the hub itself.

Now, there will be more than one copy of your hub.

Btw- Welcome to Hubpages.

3. www.lookseenow profile image60
    www.lookseenowposted 12 years ago

Are Your Thoughts Worth a Penny?
          “A Penny for your thought, but one word will suffice,” announces DaddyLongDays . “From your thoughts I give a penny per word.”
          “If my one word is worth just a penny,” retorts preacher “then my silence is worth twice as much. I value my time. To the timekeeper who keeps track of my valuable storehouse in heaven, he places high value likening my thoughts to a treasure. Where my treasure is, there my heart will be.”  A quote from one of my articles.   
    My treasure on earth is a by-product of my thoughts in heaven.  My thought are valuable, but there is no comparison to Lincoln’s coin. When I hired out as God’s employee, I agreed on a price. I got hired about the eleventh hour to receive every man a penny. (Matt. 20:9 Av; Dy)
    Who are the ones that have made grateful use of this valuable penny? Are you saying you are one among them?  In part your post states that thoughts go out into the universe.  Yeah! But who monitors them? The hard lesson I’ve learned about some thoughts is it’s better to have my say on my bed, but  keep silent. Bedtime is my time to try out thoughts.  I never imagined them going out into the universe, but it makes sense considering:  “For every affair there is an appointed time.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
    I do read in an undertone day, and night. I habitually meditate, and that requires always thinking. While I’m thinking I insert a prayer as brain synopsis are firing often unable to discern the difference between thinking, prayer, and worrying. 

As far as my thoughts going out into the universe, well that’s where God is listening, and he’s paying attention too.  Do you believe it?  Those in fear of Jehovah speak with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah keeps paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance began to be written up before him for those in fear of Jehovah and for those thinking upon his name. (Malachi 3:16)

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/127fs4573872.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/127fs4573872.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/127fs4573872.gif

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image71
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If i knew how to make that little guy scratching his head I would place one right here :

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)