How to restore America the Deming way

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 16 years ago
    1. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have helped convert two factories to a deming system, it is very good....But

You first have to Have a factory,. A stateside one, that is producing a product to sell, and the Product is wanted. So Hiring people for long term employment can happen. So lets get the factories open first, then we can trim the processes for total effeciency and  top quality goods.

One first then the other.

First thing is to sit down with other nations and get trade treaties and agreements to create oppertunity, with very low tarrifs and taxes for import export; solid agreements that hold up.

Then get Gov. out of the way, let Business men be business men, let rich men invest and take a chance, then we are open for full scale hiring and the sale of goods on a global scale. We need Long term growth first, then Demming will work well for us.

2. thecounterpunch profile image60
    thecounterpunchposted 16 years ago

Well the forum is completely empty so if people can't even post their link I wonder if there will be anything posted at all.

Personnally I can't see the interest of an other chitchat forum on the web, I would prefer that people post their links of hubpages they think interesting because I can't be notified by all the hubpages that they can post.

But OK since that's the rule, I will respect. I think it's not the right way to do, you just follow blindly so called n-etiquettes.

3. loua profile image60
    louaposted 14 years ago

The problem with businesses will never be resolved without changing the economic model. 

Profit based capitalism is counterproductive; Service based capitalism is a sustaiable means of commerce that keeps the greed out of the equation for distribution of wealth.

The only objections come from those who want to use someone else by taking advantage of them using the facist concept of profit...

The bailout money could have subsidized the buyout of the failed businesses so the workers could attain owernship in them. This is a pure application of Demming's notion of empowermenrt; and Nash equilibrium for managing competition.

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The ONLY OBJECTIONS come from Americans who realise that without real sustainable profits, you can not provide jobs and income for people to live in dignity.

The same objectors (real world people) also understand communism has never worked and never will. There will always be owners and workers, but here they are free to work, apply for other jobs, make a life and a retirement for themselves. Not wait for stimululating Handouts! You can make your own way.

And if you did hand out the money that way, what would those workers get to buy? Companies with no real markets for their goods, decreasing production and loss of profits? Most states are 10-16% unemployed. Who could afford the risk of that, when they are reduced to un-employment benifits?

Look at the clunkers program real close for a moment, where are the Companies now, after the program stopped, the market is still falling,no real substancial sales? The Handout was temporary? The boom was false.

We need long term growth, free markets, lower tarriffs, taxes lowerd. Get Investment confidence back up, get Businesses open.
      Then if Workers wish to unite, let them make a stock bid and take over a company thats producing steady profit, and not borrowing on its accounts payable, to pay wages,(ie: it can not make its payroll out of its profits, so it borrows against future sales that it may or may not even have?) The real crime is the banks take the loans, and the Brokers sell the paper!

A Worker State,Communism, only profits the Goverment in power and enslaves its workers. Welfare states use money not make money! We need free enterprise. our Business Model works well when our Goverment gets it hands off of it. It has proven that over time, even with failures. One Can not say same for some countries though.

1. loua profile image60
        louaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Profit based capitalism promotes theft by deception; Profit is the sum that supersedes the equitable value, wealth and worth of products and services...  To justify profit based economics is to justify manipulation, usury and advantage by the profiteers to fleece the consumer and the worker alike...  Resource and service based capitalism is the most viable means for wealth and asset management; but profit based economics is a shame, just look at history and current affairs.  the writing is on the wall...

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

On what planet to you live on?
          Untrue, yet again.
          The writing on the wall is the fact that very few people truly understand how to use an Economy to their own interests, because it's been distorted by other influences.

1. loua profile image60

To put back into context what you are best at avoiding is, "The meaning of Capitalism is distorted best by those are using it to advantage themselves over the general public rather than raising humanity above its animal survival instincts... 

You see, service based capitalism provides quality goods and services that benefit humanity; whereas profit based capitalism is the vehicle of chaos and the tool of the profiteers that promote it to fleece the public of their wealth...

I say:  Your very inference denotes the exclusive selfish greedy behavior of the profiteer intent on obtaining more for their effort than what it is actually worth...  Equality, Equity and Parity is the only way to promote, progress and encourage a sustainable economy...

Francis Cabot Lowell, in 1813, sparked the American Industrial Revolution using this notion of unity I have presented here.  "Francis concluded that America would continue to remain hostage to foreign powers unless she were to manufacture goods at home equal in quality to and cheaper than imports," said, Chaim Rosenberg, author of the upcoming "Life and Times of Francis Cabot Lowell."

How do you do this without shaving off the corruption of the corporate overhead and its pervasive greed?

Like I said, you're distorting "capitalism", so you can convey a specific message. And, I am pointing out that you are doing it.
              More BS.
              Value of the product and/or service is based on what people are willing to pay for it. Do try to get things right would you.
              Remain hostage to foreign powers? It's a stretch.
              Corruption of corporate overhead? Oh please. Corruption is based on "greed" and greed is misunderstood to begin with, as is money, in and of, itself.

1. loua profile image60

Ok Cagsil, as the profiteer's puppet, now that I have supplied you the rope let's see how you hang while you dance around these questions:::

1)   Tell me oh wise oracle of profiteer aficionado, "why is it the economy is in the toilet?"

2)   Tell me oh wise profiteer pundit, "how is your brand of
                misunderstood capitalism going to right the wagon of economics?"

3) Oh yeah! "What exactly is your brand of profit based capitalism that it is like no other?" Is it some brand of super capitalism that has yet to deceive the consumer, the worker and itself?

Your pundit demeanor or pretense implores the question; What is your point, since you never seem to directly state your purpose, motive and intent on the issues at hand... 

It is obvious selfishness and greed are in your equation, do you have any positive qualities to contribute to the solution? You incessantly state the, "selfishness and greed is good," mantra of the profiteers alliance union.  Do you have any positive wisdom to  add to your rant besides the negative tripe you so glibly spout???

You're feeble attempt to offend with your words isn't a surprise turn out.
                  Because, there are not enough small business growth. Plain and simple. That is the bottom line. There are other factors involved, which do stem from the government's inability to do what is right. I wrote a hub on it, if you care to read it. I doubt you would, but just thought I would say it.
                  First, educate people about money, the proper usage(without greed as a factor). Secondly, teach them the easiest and best solution for using the Economy to begin with, and that is self employment.
                  It's based on too many factors to explain in a simple forum post.
                  Capitalism isn't about deceiving people. It's about being self-employed. Marketing/Advertising is all about appealing to the needs of a person and giving the value they can see.
                  My purpose is dispose of the BS, which people like you love to pose as distortion and misinformation.
                  Actually, selfishness and greed don't play a factor at all. And, that IS a positive quality.
                  Where did I state "selfishness and greed" are good? I know "greed" can be positive and used for a positive purpose. I wrote a hub on it.
                  Attempt to mock, again failing. I have many hubs dedicated to knowing and understand SELF, which is the primary cause for you pathetic BS rant.

1. loua profile image60

Your one single response to favor your point of view is to educate... It is a rather repetitive, precarious and knee jerk, one step dance routine... 

The lesson solution is it: "How to use money to be self employed and self sufficient in a nut shell," if this is what you were getting at, it is fine and dandy on Sesame Street; but in the real world there is a need for a level playing field for that game, and that has not happened yet...

Your points are all well and good if we lived in a fairly-land where your capitalist notion was not corrupted; but the fact of the matter the capitalist system is not a just system playing field simply because all the things you propose, they are not supplied with the game board, of your monopoly 101 one step...

There is a point in here that we do agree on, "there is a solution;" but all the hedging on a corrupt system will not resolve the answers to the problems that need to be corrected... 

Only a fair system on a level playing field based in human rights will ever correct the faults of the currently corrupted system...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)