My hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Rotem profile image59
    Rotemposted 14 years ago

is there any way that pepole can see my hubs although they are  not in a popular section? I just curious how pepole tracks hubs...

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Rotem, I checked out your Hubs and it I have a few thoughts for you and hopefully I can answer your question in the process.

1. It appears that you are writing here on HubPages for the sole purpose of getting some juicy backlinks and traffic to your fish blog, which is OK by us as long as you're writing high-quality, original content.

2. To get these juicy backlinks from HubPages, you first need to get some love from Google and some potential backlinks from some other websites, which most likely won't happen unless you've written high-quality, original content.

3. To get some exposure here on HubPages you can write some more Hubs, help some fellow Hubbers out here in the Forums or become Fans of some of your favorite Hubtastic writers.

We're glad that you joined the HubPages community, just be sure to follow all of the straight-forward rules that we have in place and you'll be getting all kinds of traffic in no time. smile

Also, here's some info on how we compute your HubScore -- it might help you get a better feel for what you need to keep in mind when writing Hubs.

2. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 14 years ago

it takes time & patience ,
    if you have written attractive hubs , it will got definitly traffic.
    i have written a whole hub on hoe to get traffic.
    i think it will help you some.
    if not you will get answers here on forum.

good luck for a good future on hubpages.

3. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

If people search for keywords related to your hub (either through hubpages or search engines), you will get traffic. The key to getting lots of search engine traffic is to write about topics that people are looking for.

Good luck! The traffic will eventually come if you are writing about popular topics.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

People will find you via the search engines. It also helps to publicize your hubs on places like Digg, StumbleUpon (but not too many or you will get banned), Facebook, Twitter, etc.

5. Lady Guinevere profile image68
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

Just remember that it take from 2 weeks to 4 months for some search engines to even list a new site.

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can easily get them introduced within 24 hours...use pingomatic.com Pinging your hub will make it get indexed very fast.

I use pingomatic for all of my hubs and they are all in google search right now. Sometimes, they will disappear for a day or two (REALLY WEIRD lol) but for the most part, they are searchable. I know when they drop out of google search for a day or two because my traffic cuts in half.

6. Rotem profile image59
    Rotemposted 14 years ago

Thanks a lot..
    so now i have to be patient.

7. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

Your subject might not be popular here on hubpages, but I will bet you anything that your subject *will* be popular as far as search engine terms. My #1 hub in terms of the search engines is Venomous Snakes of North America (thanks Lady Guin!). It performs better in Google than on Hubpages!

Truth be told, that's what you want, too smile

1. Rotem profile image59
      Rotemposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you right.lol
      girly_girl09 thanks i will sure check pingomatic.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image68
      Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad I could be of help there!! smile

8. Rotem profile image59
    Rotemposted 14 years ago

Hey Ryan.
    I appreciate your reply and i will use your useful tips.
    thanks again for helping me.

9. Lady Guinevere profile image68

May I remind everyone here that Google is not the only search engine out there!  There are two other big ones to mention--Yahoo and MSN.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, I get traffic from all three.

10. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

LG - while there's no doubt that there are numerous search engines, the traffic doesn't lie.

I get the lion's share of my traffic outside Hubpages from Google.

In terms of Alexa ranking - which is a gold standard used within my industry, and with great success - the order of heavy hitting traffic goes:

Google - #1
    Yahoo - #2
    Live.com (Msn's search engine)- #5
    Baidu.com - #9

So it's easy to see why people would say Google when they mean search engines.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image68

Would that be because Hubpages is directly linked with Google, hmmm?

11. gamergirl profile image85

No, LG.  It's because Google gets the most traffic of any search engine, period.  Hubpages likely makes quite a bit from Google ads, so paying close mind to where the most of the site's money/traffic comes from is a wise move.

Sounds good to me ....but if hubpages weren't linked then why even sign up for an adscnse account.  Other search engines do not have that--that I know of anyway.
      There is a free submit your site on yahoo.  Sometimes I do get more searches from Yahoo then google.

1. gamergirl profile image85
        gamergirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let me make sure I am making myself clear - I don't think Hubpages and Google are linked in any way other than you or I are linked to Google, and that is - all across Hubpages, every page that shows Google ads is a voluntary money-making process.  Hubpages is, among many other wonderful things, a business.  When you choose to put ads on your page, or Amazon widgets, or anything that could possibly bring in a buck, then you are associating yourself with those programs.

So in a sense, Hubpages and Google are linked - Hubpages is a provider of Google ads, just like you and I are.  That is the link.  Unless something different is going on that I don't know about (like Yieldbuild being Google owned or something.)

Like I said (or was trying to express) Google is used as the primary source in most conversations simply because of the incredible amount of traffic Google receives both to the .com and it's various country specific pages (.in, .jp, .de for example.)

As for why a Hubber should get Adsense, well - I think I might write a Hub about that. tongue

For some people, though, just like saying Kleenex when you mean a facial tissue, the word Google is used to represent a search engine, could be any search engine they really mean, but Google is like the Kleenex of the internet world. ;-)

....and I wasn't saying anything different.  Boy make a moutain out of a molehill! geeeeesh

12. Lady Guinevere profile image68

This is good to read for news on search engines and that type stuff if you are interested.  I get the newsletter in my e-mail.
    http://www.searchnewz.com/

13. gamergirl profile image85

Hey, no mountains out of molehills here, you posted:

"Would that be because Hubpages is directly linked with Google, hmmm?"

and then:

"Sounds good to me ....but if hubpages weren't linked then why even sign up for an adsense account."

Which made it appear, at least to me, that you thought something fishy was up. 

*shrug*

14. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Sign up for Google analytics smile you will see the who, what, where, when and maybe why hmm of traffic smile n learn bout what's popular ,etc. wink goood luck

1. aniketgore profile image60
      aniketgoreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

analytical rocks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)