McDonalds to fill 50,000 jobs

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

McDonald’s will hold its first national hiring day at its restaurants and via its website on April 19 to fill the openings at its restaurants across the U.S.

The new hires would increase the size of the hamburger chain’s U.S. workforce by 7 percent to 700,000 in all, and range from restaurant workers to senior managers.
    McDonald’s said its franchisees would be spending an extra $518 million on wages and salaries on those new employees.
    McDonald’s operates some 14,000 U.S. restaurants, 90 percent of which are run by franchisees.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42412605/?GT1=43001

it's a good entry point for some you have been out of work for a long time..

1. wheelinallover profile image75
      wheelinalloverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everyone I know has either worked for Mc Donalds or Mc Donalds says they have so won't hire them. I do mean everyone local. Luckily local companies are starting to rehire so my friends are finding jobs. I personally have never worked for a fast food company and never intend to. KFC is the employer of choice for everyone I know who works fast food. They pay better than Mickey D's and people can get near full time hours. The downside to that is they have better employee retention locally so its hard to get hired.
      The other side of this coin is if you don't have a job and need one, if anyone is hiring put an application in. Its a shot at employment, something that seems to be hard to come by today.

2. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Surprisingly if I had to find a job, McDonald's is one place I could NOT work at. At least not up at the front counter.

Being 90% deaf and trying to hear teens order fast food is not a good mix. (Oh I thought you said number 2 with a coke, not 2 number 4's). big_smile

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

I couldnt work there I'd be optimus fatlock lol

4. Aley Martin profile image66
    Aley Martinposted 13 years ago

Wonder how many excuses people will come up with to say they cannot work there. People out of work need to suck it up and do what it takes! Thanks for posting this.

5. scooterport profile image89
    scooterportposted 12 years ago

When you are out of work, ANY job is a good job. I worked in a union job for many years, good pay, good benefits. Now after many years I found myself looking for a new job. And guess what? The pickins are slim. Had to take a job at the big W. A place I thought I'd never have to work. But I go in there every day and work as hard as I can. And you know what? It's the easiest job I ever had. I just do my work with pride, as everyone should do. No matter if you flip burgers or you are a doctor. Take pride in the work you do and do it good. Good things will happen to you.

1. mkott profile image67
      mkottposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately many of these jobs are low pay, pay raises are non-existent, no insurance.  It would be nice if corporate american started taking care of it's own.  I have worked for a company in retail where they big wigs got raises and bonuses and I got a .15 cent raise on top of low wages.   Working fast food isn't any different.  Then throw in that the general public is rude, and many of us in the service industry say that is getting worse each year.   

Many of these companies talk about life/work balance is a joke.

We need businesses that actual pay a livable wage to step up.    McD's hiring 50k isn't the answer.

2. puddingicecream profile image69
      puddingicecreamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I also agree that any job is a good job.

1. callonresources profile image61
        callonresourcesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But a job with a corporation that promotes unhealthy food that causes obesity is not a job that people should consider...these fast food corporations should clean up their act and give some thought to the health of their consumers ...fast food and junk food is the number one cause of obesity in the western countries...

1. Richieb799 profile image74
          Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

McDonalds is considerate, it puts as many restaurants as it can(with drive-thrus) on every neighborhood, so overweight people don't have so far to to travel to get their fix :LOL:

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That philosophy could keep a lot of people out of the workforce. [not just McDonalds]
          People need to work for the value of work, not simply for pay or whether or not a corporation promotes obesity. Prescription drugs, laziness, medical conditions, sedentary lifestyles also promote obesity. That covers a lot of professions.
          Those unemployed too long will have a much more difficult time finding work, plus being unemployed for too long is not healthy, psychologically or physically.

6. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Plenty of jobs here in Georgia now since the migrants have been excluded from the workforce.  Clean fresh air, temperatures in the low 100's or high 90's, and plenty of exercise while hoisting 30 lb. watermelons onto a truck.  Excellent work for those who frequent McDonalds a mite too often.  smile

1. Paradise7 profile image69
      Paradise7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)