Can't seem to get more than 40 page views for any hub

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Jinesh07 profile image61
    Jinesh07posted 12 years ago

Hi

I have been at HubPages for about a month now and I have written 6 Hubs, but I'm having trouble getting views. Any help or tips on how to get more views would be much appreciated! Here's a link to my profile so if you could read one and give me some feedback that would be really helpful:

http://hubpages.com/profile/Jinesh07

Thanks!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No need to link to your profile - we can click on your name and see it.

Your main traffic will come from search engines (mainly Google) and they take time to notice a new Hub exists. For that reason, you're pretty much wasting your time writing about the French Open - by the time your Hub appears on search results, it will be old news.

On HubPages, you need to write about "evergreen" subjects - topics that won't go out of date.  Most Hubbers find they don't earn much, if anything, for the first few months - then the traffic starts to build, slowly at first, then faster and faster.  A good Hub will finally reach its full potential in a year or two.

I earned about $5 in my first three months but had reached $100 six months later.  Six months after that, I was cashing out $100 every month.

It will help to promote your Hubs outside HubPages. Don't waste your time submitting your Hubs to search engines - that works for websites, it's not appropriate for single pages which is what your Hubs are.   You can use bookmarking and social networking sites but be careful, as they will ban you if you do too much self-promotion.

There are all kinds of strategies you can use.  This article gives you a taste of how complex it can be:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Ultimate-Wr … -backlinks

Jinesh07posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the tips, I guess I just need to be more patient and then hopefully the view count will rise over time. Good advice about writing about events as well. Much appreciated

2. R.S. Hutchinson profile image73
        R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a great response.

3. Bud Gallant profile image60
        Bud Gallantposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found this response very useful, as well.
        Thank you.

1. JamaGenee profile image78
          JamaGeneeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As Marisa points out, "EVER GREEN" is the key to *continuous* page views.  These are topics people will always be searching for...i.e. renting as opposed to buying, "hot" political figures like Ms. Palin (now replaced by M. Bachmann).  Also major holidays like Christmas, but expect hits for holiday hubs to die down or stop altogether once the season is over and then start again the next year. 

One mysterious quirk of hubs is that the one you thought would get a lot of hits won't, while a "throwaway" hub you wrote with no expectation of a high score will go semi-viral and stay that way for months or years. 

Best advice is just hang in there and keep writing!

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

At a glance, it seems you are writing on some popular topics that may interest many Internet readers. However, the topics may also be highly competitive and saturated. To get ahead of the game, you will need to do keyword research and learn about other ways to promote your hubs.

Thanks! I will try to find some more niche topics to write about which will get less competition.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
      LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

I see that your are a good writer and have interesting topics, three weeks and a score of 88 is respectable.

Post your links on: Redgage, Shetoldme, IMAutomator, Facebook, Tweeter and maybe on Traffup.

Do follow Website Examiner's advice, keywords can make or break a hub

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.

2. Jinesh07 profile image61

Thank you for the appreciative comments, I will try out social network sites to promote my hubs.

4. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

you can also submit your articles(Hubs) to individual search engines yourself and not be reliant solely on Google

5. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

1-2 views per day is not unusual for a typical hub.

1. Greg Sage profile image39
        Greg Sageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really?  I've only been on for 2 full days now, but I've written 10 or so, and I don't think any of them have gotten less than a dozen views per day... maybe that's because they're new?  I was actually wondering where those views come from... I haven't done anything with seo yet, no backlinks, etc... it's basically just hubbers.

How are they even coming across them since they start out with such low scores?  When I click on hubs it shows me starting with highest rank.  I'd have to sift through dozens of pages to reach my 40 range hubs.

1. prairieprincess profile image90
          prairieprincessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They could be coming across them in a couple of ways. One main way is through the "hub hopper" which is a tool that lets people rate new hubs and also help Hubpages keep an eye out for spam. Your new hubs would have probably been viewed that way.

As well, I noticed that you do have followers. Well, on everyone's feed, they see what the people they are following have done. When they signed up to follow you, some of the people saw it on their feed, and may have gone to check you out.

6. prairieprincess profile image90
      prairieprincessposted 12 years ago

There is usually a lot of traffic at the beginning, that comes from Hubbers themselves. After that, it usually dies down quite a bit unless you have actively promoted your hubs. There will be exceptions, but I that seems to be the norm.

1. Greg Sage profile image39
        Greg Sageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suspected as much...

Just realized you can flip the sorting for hubs to show new first... that makes sense now.

7. Sparhawke profile image61
      Sparhawkeposted 12 years ago

Try and get your link seen on popular sites, Yahoo did a blog question on how to tell if someone is lying, and I saw it and knew I had written one a while back so clarified some stuff they had listed and left a link to that one hub...

I had been struggling with one or two views a day and now it has hit 20-25+ each day.

It is not about arguing with the original poster, or just dumping a link but in that case I really am not that bad at telling if someone is lying so decided to add some comments people may like, it worked for me smile

Though I would've loved to have been in the top 5 replies, I am in the top 25 so I think that helps too smile

http://yanswersblog.com/index.php/archi … r-or-more/

Sounds like very good advice, thanks for your comments!

8. Sparhawke profile image61
      Sparhawkeposted 12 years ago

No worries, I think the important thing is to add what people would be wanting to know when they want to know it, although I am not getting millions of views from that link it is a great improvement on what I was previously seeing, and just goes to show how one good backlink can really help you out smile

In the last few days it has really spiked so much, that the difference is night and day smile

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l139/Sparhawke/liartraffic.png

My next task is to find other such places that I can link from and see if I can duplicate this smile

1. BethanRose profile image68
        BethanRoseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great tip, aswell as everyone elses. I'll bookmark this! I have been here for 8 months but this week I've wrote at least 2 hubs a day and I can see little figures coming in. They may be small right now but I'm so excited that it's actually paying off,that I'm motivated to write so much more! Hopefull if I take some of the advice on this forum, I can jump up another step :-)

9. aw1219 profile image59
      aw1219posted 12 years ago

One tip that I tried was to submit my hub after it had been published to Google.  Search add url to google and it will get indexed faster as oppossed to simply doing nothing and letting Google index it in three months or so.  This way you are telling Google that you are out there.  It will get indexed in a couple of weeks or so.

1. JamaGenee profile image78
        JamaGeneeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really! Thanks!

10. aw1219 profile image59
      aw1219posted 12 years ago

Also try Yahoo answers and whatever topic your hub is on, you can provide your link for others to follow and read.  It does work.  I checked my stats for the next day and saw that people really did link through to my hub.  Of course, there are some rules to follow there but you will definitely get more views.

1. psf profile image69
        psfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmm..just because of keep submitting links from HubPages, I got banned from yahoo answers smile

I haven't even done too much and I always tried to put a descent answer, but they suspended my account claiming I have violated their rules!!  Hence I think this would work for couple of weeks then your account would be suspended.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
          Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks, psf.  I was just about to try Yahoo answers. lol I guess I better not, eh?

1. psf profile image69
            psfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes Rosie2010. I even reached level 2 there (with 350+ points) where the links will show up as actual links, not just URL text. I contacted yahoo answers asking what is the reason, I was just told that I violated their rules..and I guess submitting answers with just links all pointing to one website may lead in to trouble in yahoo answers..

1. Sparhawke profile image61
              Sparhawkeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know there is an obvious answer to that then, mix it up and point to a blog post elsewhere that points back to your hubpage lol

2. Entrepreneur2.0 profile image60
          Entrepreneur2.0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

try to get your hub upto the 90's area and it will just flood in from other hubs.

11. frugalfamily profile image72
      frugalfamilyposted 12 years ago

I got over 400 views on my very first hub.  Most of them came from a link party at a site that I'd been a reader of for years.  Look for other bloggers that write about the same topic.  Many of them encourage you to list a url and ask that you mention them in one of your articles.  It's my understanding that doesn't violate any hub rules as long as the site you are mentioning in your article is related to your topic.  Good luck!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good advice.

12. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

After being here on Hubpages for seven months, I'm still learning.  I don't backlink a lot except from my own blogs, shetoldme, and sometimes facebook and tweet them.  I didn't have any idea about SEO when I first joined HP as this is the first and only website I write on.  My traffic is about 300-400 daily average, 600+ on a good day, and once got up to 1600 thanks to bing.com (only lasted one day, mind you, but so exciting while it lasted!). I just reached earnings payout threshold on both Adsense and HP Ads last month, which is about average.  But, so exciting nonetheless. 

There are a lot of great advice here, but it's up to you which ones to follow and which ones to avoid like the plague as they might lead you to doomsville.

On reading the comments and advice on this thread, I too have learned a lot.  Many have good intentions, but may inadvertently jeopardize your Adsense account.  So, please read this Google forum thread, if you haven't...

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en

13. simeonvisser profile image70
      simeonvisserposted 12 years ago

Don't do anything that you wouldn't do if it were like handling customers in a shop. So nothing shady, just write good content and promote it in a decent way. Success is a long haul.

14. RishiKS profile image60
      RishiKSposted 12 years ago

You can try traffup.net and other social bookmarking websites to bring traffic on your hubs. And write unique and quality hubs.

15. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Traffup looks like a traffic exchange site, which is not permitted.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)