What was the best moment of your life?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (53 posts)
  1. MissJamieD profile image56
    MissJamieDposted 14 years ago

In a nutshell, describe to us what the best moment of your life entailed (excluding babies born and marriages because they're always special:).

Please, name three or four if you'd like!

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

[G|M's parallel future self has yet to determine such a thing. Everyday the sun doesn't implode and cook earth is a good day, and makes for 24 hours full of nice moments, 364 days (+/- 1 on leap year)]

MissJamieDposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a great way to look at it:)

1. profile image0
        nazishnasimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I Second Jamie.

I'm looking for some positive outlooks too:) Enlighten me please!

1. profile image0
            nazishnasimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sawwwwwvyyy Jamie sad,

1. Sitting at the table and seeing my father 'living, breathing, talking, eating' (as all hope was lost before)   
               2. Writing my first article
               3. Learning to play guitar (after breaking a lot of finger nails)
               4. Winning against a computer in chess ( know that's weird but ... whatever)
               5. Bungee jumping for the first time (scared 'everything; outa me)

No need to be sorry my dear:) Your memories are adorable! I never got to meet my real father and he didn't know I existed so I understand your number one memory to some level. I wish you many happy moments to come!

3. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

There are a handful but I will certainly narrow it down .

1. When I passed the boards and recieved my license to nurse.

2. When our adoption went through for our son.

3. When we brought our first dog home as it was like having a newborn, and we were so excited.
    4. Realizing that I was always meant to write and I am finally enjoying what I love to do.

5. Waking up every morning and thanking God I we are all still here.

There are so many more, but it would take an eternity to list them all. smile

It makes me so happy to hear that you have so many special memories. I am one who focuses on the negative a lot so I thought it would be nice to chat about some good things for a change:) Thanks for replying AE and good luck to with everything today and in the future:)

1. AEvans profile image72
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jamie, you too as you are an inspiration to others and do not ever forget it. While the world is worried about the Swine Flu many of us are working in it, however with the man above we will get through it. Keep your head up and you will get through the storm as I am certain that you have great memories too!!! big_smile

You flatter me AE. But I must agree that things will definitely get better for me and my kids. I feel it inside. I do have many happy days, just not as many as I wished I did. Thank you so much for your continued and trusted support:)

2. sassychic profile image61
      sassychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love to see such wonderful interaction between hubbers, thank you everyone, you're the best!!!

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

1. Being in St. Thomas, with my boyfriend, sitting at a restaurant and watching the sun setting.
    2. Horseback riding on the beach.
    3. Scuba diving for the first time.
    4. Meeting a killer whale.

They're all just really great memories. I have a lot more significant moments to come!

I love your outlook hon, keep it up:) Your memories sound wonderful! I've never been able to make it to the ocean yet, but I found out just a few years ago, that the ocean was my biological father's favorite place to be. My father never knew I was his and would've been an active, nurturing, loving father. So, just knowing that the ocean gave him peace, gives me peace as well. I wish you many more happy memories!

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's true that all of my memories have to do with the ocean. I guess you just have to find the thing/place that gives you peace and happiness and visit as much as possible. Mine is the beach, and music. I don't know what I would do without them.

You're a smart girl Cole. You've found the things that can help you achieve serenity during otherwise stressful times. Music is a big one for me as well, and writing of course. Outside of that I love to look at water (lakes, rivers, etc), it is such a peaceful feeling to me. That's why I love going fishing, it's a relaxing but fun sport:)

5. MissJamieD profile image56
    MissJamieDposted 14 years ago

I have to go to bed for tonight, it's 1 a.m. I'm so excited to hear from all of you! Please, come back often and bring your friends. You're all such stunning examples of humanity, I'm proud to know each of you!

6. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

For me it is not a single day! In fact my whole college life has been the best days of my life simply because I got the company of the most beautiful girl. We were together for full four years. So, I have so many happy days to cherish! Ah they certainly were best moments of my life.

Wonderful answer, thank you:) So sweet of you to name your love. I'm sure she'd be flattered. I wish you many more good memories to come!

7. Joelle Burnette profile image70
    Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years ago

Being a "glass half empty" kinda gal, it's tough to point out the best moments when my mind naturally leaps to some of my worst moments...
    The night my sister died;
    The morning my only other sister was given less than six months to live because of breast cancer;
    Waiting in a cold hallway to hear from the doctor that my infant daughter's surgery was successful; and
    Most recently, finding out I have a gene mutation that means I must have several surgeries to cut off portions of my body to avoid my unusually high risk of various cancers, and then being told I have to wait until my children turn 18 and can decide on their own whether or not they want to be genetically tested (accompanied by a healthy helping of guilt from me if they choose not to take the test).
    So, best moment(s)? Hmm.
    I'll start with the obvious and continue from there...
    My kids being born... the prize at the end, not the actual deliveries... those were nightmares filled with days -- yes, days -- of pain, screaming and a lot of blood. Imagine the birthing scene from the movie "The Coneheads" and you'll get a taste of my delivery experiences. I hate all you bitches that have these "I barely felt anything (sigh)" 15-minute deliveries;
    My sister, the one with the cancer, beating the odds and becoming a breast cancer survivor (for 15 years before getting struck again this past year);
    The pride on my dad's face (someone actually caught his expression on film --you know, kids... that narrow sheet of plastic with the little holes on the edges and squares of strange-looking images that didn't immediately display on a tiny TV screen on your camera) when I received my bachelor's degree and later, my master's degree;
    The moment I found out I was accepted into Stanford U's graduate program; and
    Of course, the day I won the lottery. No, just kidding. I'm still waiting for that last one... just wanted to make sure you were paying attention.
    Now, if I can just pull through the big 10-hour surgery I'm facing in less than two weeks, I'll have another happy moment to tack onto this list when I open my eyes and see my family around me -- preferably, the ones who are still alive.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I feel for the harsh times in your life. I got through a massive cancer op thirteen years ago ok, and with the guts you have it will be a walk in the park! Stay as fit as you can before the ops. Love and good luck to you.

Thank you for helping others to be more positive in their life experiences. I've lived many years in negativity and could've used a friend like you:) Have you shared your own favorite memories yet? Thanks for reading! hugs.

2. Joelle Burnette profile image70
        Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Earnest. I appreciate the support. Went to one of my pre-ops today... I'm pretty freaked out and not feeling very gutsy. I actually held it together. Thanks again!

2. MissJamieD profile image56

I wanted to avoid depressing other hubbers but I suppose the reason I didn't post my own good memories is because I was thinking along the same lines as you. I don't have many good memories to list either, but am working my tail off to ensure that there are many to come:) I wish you many more moments of happiness and although you will endure sadness, you have people that love you and care about you, in life and at Hub Pages:) Big hugs!

8. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I've had quite a few great moments - or rather experiences in my life. However, I intend to have as many if not more, again. So, when I get to the end, I'll be sure to come back here and 'fess up big_smile

froggy--great to see you again:) I was just hoping to spread some happiness with this subject....can you give us a niblet of a happy memory? If you don't want to share, obviously that is up to you my friend. Just thought it would be nice to get people thinking positively:) You come back and share whenever you want. I know I'll be here in 100 years:) Wish you the best in everything!

9. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I know the "rule" is "no babies' born" (and I'm assuming "no babies adopted" either); but I have to comment that I think once people have had those babies born/adopted moments, any of the other good moments just kind of fade into the background and pale in comparison.  So, rules or not, I have to say meeting child #1 and seeing that child #2 and child #3 made it safely into the world.

1. agvulpes profile image85
      agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was being so blasé about my first grandchild being born, but the first time I nursed her, about 1 hour after her birth it blew my socks off. I found a new kind of love and we have had a bond ever since.

2. MissJamieD profile image56

Thanks for sharing:) The reason I excluded births/adoptions of children is because I totally agree with you. My children are the lights of my life and I can't imagine a mother that wouldn't think the same about her own children. I guess I was just trying to get to know people's individual sides. I'm just now learning about myself after a childhood and 12 year marriage of abuse. So, it's a way for me to remain optimistic looking at the long, hard road ahead of me (getting divorce now, etc). I'm so happy to hear that your children are your number one happy memories. Mine are as well. I'm sure you can agree that if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be who we are today, not only as mothers but as human beings. I wish you the best of memories to come:)

10. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The time spent with my children and grandchildren would have to rate around 10/10 for me. Beautiful priceless moments.I am having my best life moments right now!

Congratulations on being a loving father and grandfather. Your family will appreciate you, as you do them, for eternity! It's so wonderful to hear that you're enjoying your life, I honestly do not hear that reaction very often these days, very heartwarming. Thanks for sharing and I wish you many more happy memories and good health!

11. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I agree.  They're born, and from then on, it's kind of "one, big, nice, moment".   smile   It may sound corny, and it isn't as if none of us, parents/grandparents, don't have other things in life - but usually, when we think of those "best moments" I think it has something to do with those children/grandchildren.

12. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 14 years ago

Best is too extreme...but there have been some quietly happy moments! smile

13. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

when my lawyer phoned me to tell me the divorce had gone through

14. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Actually, to quote James Reyne from Australian Crawl, "Any day above ground is a good day."

1. sassychic profile image61
      sassychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love that one! That's good! It made me laugh! big_smile

15. profile image49
    sympsonposted 14 years ago

Renting a car also makes great sense when you need a specialized vehicle for a short period of time. When I worked as a manager in a construction company we hired all kinds of vehicles for short periods of times of for specific jobs. It wasn’t practical to always buy a digger, forklift or bulldozer when there was no assurance of a constant demand of jobs for them.
    ========================
    sympson
    visit
    Car Rentals

16. sheenarobins profile image59
    sheenarobinsposted 14 years ago

Miss Jamie,

Mine is...

1. Giving Birth to my two kids
    2. When I knew Jesus intimately
    3. When I promoted as a Manager at work
    4. When I was baptized with water
    5. All the way is my relationship with God.

I am not the typical self-righteous Christian, I allow myself to make mistakes but Knowing God and his goodness, knowing myself in the process is the best ever.

17. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 14 years ago

there were may best & bad than bad moments come in life ,

but day before yesterday only ,

my paypal account get filled up with some money ,

that is only the best moment in present days ,

arround that i have been suffering from many bad moments for abount four months ,

& i think will remain upto 1 month more till 25th of may ,

which lead to my death or starting of my new life.
    depends upon fortune.

18. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

Okay....I dunno, actually, what to say. But I can some things.

1. Making kids smile when I procured enough money in the tip jar to give them a lollipop @ work.

2. Feeding the homeless @ the salvation army, meeting some GREAT people and hearing some disheartening stories as a youngin'

3. Helping a kid with his homework @ work, having his mother come in and hug me for thanks.

4. Creating so many cool things

5. Reading so many cool things

6. SPOON!

G|M

[EDIT]
    P.S.
    This is why I'm seldom serious on this topic; I'm not humble, but I don't really feel comfortable with looking like a lovely loon. I like to just be the crazy loon. wink

These are all awesome happy moments:) Thanks so much for sharing with us!

19. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 14 years ago

Well now, this is going to be fun. Where do I start?
    1) my first time driving on the open highway alone gave me an erections, t'was great hi speed
    2 My first high on Pot, pretty cool
    3 My first time having sex on pot, even more coller
    4 My first time playing with a sex goddesses toes, ahem
    5 I won't tell this one but it involved my first nympho
    6 this one was a screamer, all nite long *wink*
    7 my very first painting, a lil brown rabbit on a box for lil treasures
    8 My first portrait done on canvas
    9 My two paintings on giant circular saw blades of bears and I made black walnut frames for them, circular like a ships wheel, 1 was a mother polar bear and cub on pack ice and 2 was a grizzly catching salmon at a water fall. May show U one time
    10 falling from an Oil Derrick safely and surviving, what a rush.
    11 surviving an explosion on an Oil Rig, another rush
    12 My first painting of a nude
    13 learning to live agin after my 3rd heart failure
    14 My first shocking experience of my pacemaker/defibrillator, a real experience and another rush
    15 Completing my book Tolden Goad's Expedition for Sunnyhuckle and Beebumble Honey. the best rush ever with specialthanks to Shalini Kagal, Proud Mom and friends Toad and CrisA, and TOF!
    16 You, my favorite people of the world of hubpages

Wow, you've had your share of close calls haven't you? lol...I'm glad you're still here to share these moments with us. I wish you many more good moments, sans the danger:)

1. profile image0
        C. C. Riterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've had even more close calls with death than I listed during my lifetime I dint want to list. But I find that the really good things are best to recall. Like my family, kids and grandkids and really great friends. Danger has been at my side since birth it seems, and it can build or destroy ones character.
        I am having a ball just living and surviving so thanks.

20. wittywriter profile image60
    wittywriterposted 14 years ago

I have three best moments of my life... the days my boys were all born. Corny, probably. But I have been a mom for over 21 years.

Of course, the first time one of my articles was published comes in fourth and then fifth, when my first book was published.

Good for you sweetie. Those are wonderful moments:) I wish you many more to come!

21. wittywriter profile image60
    wittywriterposted 14 years ago

Thanks, MissJamieD. I hope so...

22. Cris A profile image58
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

I have stopped measuring life by moments. Every day that I wake up, realizing I made it through the night, makes me feel forever grateful for another chance to live life to the fullest cool

You're adorable Cris:) I love your positive outlook. Thank you:)

23. TravelMonkey profile image59
    TravelMonkeyposted 14 years ago

I won a doughnut eating competition which I participated in due to someone cancelling last minute. I had only just finished a McDonalds Large Quarter Pounder Meal as well. It's obviously not the best moment in my life but its up there. Diversity provails.

That made me laugh, thank you:) It's a cute memory worth remembering! Thank you for sharing and I wish you many more happy memories:)

24. FunFacter profile image49
    FunFacterposted 14 years ago

1. When I started touching $100 a day with Adsense it was really best moment of life and from there I took it to $200 a day. I think it changed my life in every way.

2. When I won a lottery of $2000 some years ago.

3. When I was offered a job by Time magazine that was another great moment for me.

4. When I visited Maldives for the first time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)