The U.S. Government has been Fired .

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (220 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

News flash;  The entire U.S. govenment , the President , Congress , and Senate has been Fired !  ~The American public finally has awakened itself from  it's Rip Van Winkle slumber of partisan rhetoric , from it's indecisive lackaluster hold on common sense and from its own intellectual   ideology that has plagued its own ability to function .... When our government threatens to close down  social security, medicaid and social sevices~~~~~~~~INSTEAD of it's own paychecks , or on the absolutely attrocious waste  of our tax dollars on foriegn aid to our enemies, or nation building on nations that have been around since the beginning of time and  are still jungle-like in political and social mentality and on the absolute wastes of the military -corporate -subcontracting ~industrial complex  . ~~~Are you angry yet America?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Finally, I hear a liberal mad at nation-building!!

Since Obama was elected, all the liberals kind of shut-up about this!!

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Evan , I am mad at nation- building , but a liberal? I am no where near that! ..... Liberals are the most closed minded people I know!   Nor are they mad ......Their just liberal  thinkers  with attitude.

Well, i must admit that I was having trouble following your grammar and usage of punctuation, but it sounded like you were mad that the government might be attacking social security, medicaid and other social services.

Those would be things that liberals like -- social welfare.

1. profile image0

Evan , if you should read your history  s/s isn't an entitlement of your "welfare mentality" , Its actually something we paid for , the fact that you and others allowed the government to spend its principle trust fund  and now we have to make up for that is another story.  The only thing that needs to be attacked is the misuse federal funds and taxes by our "leadership" . Right or left , but you keep up with you're partison beliefs and  nothing will change.

Actually, right now, we're paying for the old folks alive today.

We pay our money to the government, and there is no "social security mutual fund", it's just a tax like the rest of them.

Then a huge chunk of the budget (isn't it like 40% now?) goes to the seniors today.

We're not getting our money back, we're simply helping increase tax revenue.

I don't need to read up on history because I already know it, and I know how government works. There are numerous court cases confirming what I've said, but I'm too lazy to open up my books to find the names of the cases (I doubt the cases would even change your mind. No one changes there mind on hubpages).

1. profile image0

SS , was supposed to be funded  and the principle left alone , as ussual its been robbed  by  you're  congress .

It was supposed to be a lot of things, but it isn't.

It's just an increased tax, and another thing to blow money on.

It always has been.

2. bgamall profile image69
        bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Polls show 2/3rds of Americans want taxes on the rich as a part of the package. Another poll shows Republicans will lose big time if any checks are delayed.

Americans want fiscal responsibilities but want the banksters and their handlers to pay more taxes. Even Warren Buffet wants to pay more taxes!

The Bush tax cuts created zero jobs between 2001 and 2004. The housing bubble that took off in 2005 created some jobs, but the bubble burst and they are gone.

1. American View profile image60
          American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Job creation by term

Numbers listed here are measured from January of the year at the beginning of the term to the January four years later, when the term ends.
          Party          Term years     Start jobs*     End jobs*     created      Average
                                                                                  (in millions)  annual increase
          Harding/Coolidge
          R    1921–1925    25,000 **    29,500 **    +4.5 **    +4.2% **
          Calvin Coolidge
          R    1925–1929    29,500 **    32,100 **    +2.6 **    +2.2% **
          Herbert Hoover
          R    1929–1933    32,100 **    25,700 **    -6.4    -9.0%
          Franklin Roosevelt
          D    1933–1937    25,700 **    31,200 **    +5.5    +5.3% **
          Franklin Roosevelt
          D    1937–1941    31,200 **    34,480    +3.3    +2.6% **
          Franklin Roosevelt
          D    1941–1945    34,480    41,903    +7.4    +5.2%
          Roosevelt/Truman
          D    1945–1949    41,903    44,675    +2.8    +1.8%
          Harry Truman
          D    1949–1953    44,675    50,145    +5.5    +3.0%
          Dwight Eisenhower
          R    1953–1957    50,145    52,888    +2.7    +1.4%
          Dwight Eisenhower
          R    1957–1961    52,888    53,683    +0.8    +0.4%
          Kennedy/Johnson
          D    1961–1965    53,683    59,583    +5.9    +2.6%
          Lyndon Johnson
          D    1965–1969    59,583    69,438    +9.9    +3.9%
          Richard Nixon
          R    1969–1973    69,438    75,620    +6.2    +2.2%
          Nixon/Ford
          R    1973–1977    75,620    80,692    +5.1    +1.7%
          Jimmy Carter
          D    1977–1981    80,692    91,031    +10.3    +3.2%
          Ronald Reagan
          R    1981–1985    91,031    96,353    +5.3    +1.5%
          Ronald Reagan
          R    1985–1989    96,353    107,133    +10.8    +2.7%
          George H. W. Bush
          R    1989–1993    107,133    109,725    +2.6    +0.6%
          Bill Clinton
          D    1993–1997    109,725    121,231    +11.5    +2.6%
          Bill Clinton
          D    1997–2001    121,231    132,469    +11.2    +2.3%
          George W. Bush
          R    2001–2005    132,469    132,453    +0.0    -0.0%
          George W. Bush
          R    2005–2009    132,453    133,563    +1.1    +0.1%
          Barack Obama
          D    2009–2013    133,563    131,753 (May 2011)    -1.81 (May 2011)    -.54% (May. 2011/Roughly 2.5 Years

2. American View profile image60

President Obama on Tuesday said he cannot guarantee that retirees will receive their Social Security checks August 3 if Democrats and Republicans in Washington do not reach an agreement on reducing the deficit in the coming weeks.

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it," Mr. Obama said in an interview with CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley, according to excerpts released by CBS News
          This interview was given prior to yesterdays meeting that Obama walked out of using the same threat in the meeting. So it looks like Obama planned the whole thing. And lets be clear, if SS checks do not go out that will be the descision of Obama. So he needs to stop the typical Dems scare tactics for the American people are getting tired of them. I guess we will see more commercials with elderly being pushed off the cliff. Scare, nothing but scare. To bad they did not put the same effort into doing their job as into creating scare tatics and commercials.

By the way, I have searched the poll sites and do not see it. It must have been a CNN or MSNBS poll, and we know how reliable those are

The latest Rasmussen poll finds that "Just 34% think a tax hike should be included in any legislation to raise the debt ceiling. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 55% disagree and say it should not." In the debt ceiling debate, President Obama and the Democrats have insisted that raising taxes must be part of any deal to cut spending, while Republicans want only to cut spending.

The report that accompanies the release of the poll notes a heavily partisan divide. "There is a huge partisan divide on the question," Rasmussen writes. "Fifty-eight percent (58%) of Democrats want a tax hike in the deal while 82% of Republicans do not."

But among independents, who will be essential to winning the next presidential election, most disapprove of hiking taxes: "35% favor a tax hike and 51% are opposed."

Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:44:38 PM by neverdem

CBS News Poll analysis by the CBS News Polling Unit: Sarah Dutton, Jennifer De Pinto, Fred Backus and Anthony Salvanto.

Despite Obama administration warnings that failing to do so would devastate the economy, a clear majority of Americans say they oppose raising the debt limit, a new CBS News/New York Times poll shows.

Just 27 percent of Americans support raising the debt limit, while 63 percent oppose raising it.

2. lovemychris profile image76
            lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not only retirees, It's military and disabled. And it's 70 million of them a month!
            THIS is what MUST be sacrificed for Russsshhhhhhh Limbaugh!!!

Your crew are all cuts, no revenue.
            All cuts. No revenue.
            But aks Russshhhhh to cut?? OH heaven forfend!

No compromise...My way or the Highway.
            Waaaaaa-grow up r's. we had enough of your crying.

Cantor need a Binky?

Does Obama?

Again, those 70 million as you put it will not get their checks if Obama does not want to give it to him. Even Bill Clinton came out yesterday and said there was money to pay them and if Obama does not, it would be political suicide. Even Uncle Bill knows better than O-man

1. lovemychris profile image76

No actually--he doesn't.
                  He worked with those buffoons way too much in his time.
                  I think Obama is doing the right thing...call their bluff!

Obama proposed 4 trillion in cuts....4 trillion!
                  What did he ask in return?
                  Revenue growth to go along with it!

What did the R's say? No way Jose.

They want to take take take and NOT give....

Call them on it! Let the people see in black and white what they have been doing for thirty years:

Taking from the poor to give to the rich.

Lets get the story straight. Obama did not propose 4 trillion in cuts, it was the repubs, he said OK if he can raise taxes, the repubs said not. Get the facts straight

FUnny, I have seen you defend and put Clinton up on a pedestal in other threads, but when he comes out and speaks the truth, you turn on him.
                    Let me ask you this. If Obama wants to raise the taxes $100 dollars to cover the shortage cause there is no money, then why are you against cutting $100? Either way covers the debt only the middleclass does not have to pay for it in higher taxes. Which way makes more sense? I know, you will not agree.If you want to buy a BBQ but did not have the money would you take a loan to buy it or would you cut back on a few things save the money and go buy it. I have done the second part my whole life except to buy my house everything else I cut, save and pay for it including cars. The only loan or debt I have is my house. Seems to work for me, maybe the Government might try it

3. kateperez profile image57
            kateperezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOVE them scare tactics!

How'd you feel about Paulson threatening Marshall Law if TARP wasn't passed?
              Let me guess...Obama's fault too.

Yes it was, no he never said it, it was a government souce according to rseach

Pelosi was in the room with Paulson....he said it. Bush signed it into law...but it's Obama's fault. TYPICAL.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image61

how did what you wrote have any relevance on what you responded to?

Me: "Finally, liberals speaking out against nation building"

You: "Bush Sucked!"

... what?

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wish we could fire the lot of them!

3. kateperez profile image57

Look, this nation built itself in less than 200 years.  If those nations we pretend to build WANTED to be built, they'd have done it by now.  Lets stop putting our money where the mouths of the entitled and decidedly poor live.

That sounded heartless but really.  Why is it that the obligation to the citizens of this country who have likely spent some money in this country, adding to the revenue of this country are the LAST to get some of that tax money back?

Why do I care about whether some 2,000 year old country is built?  Many of those countries have more money than we do, heck, they're oil rich out the wazoo!  And yet we give them our money.

Know what that money is for?  It's protection money!  it's to keep their bully dictators from coming and beating us up.  It's nothing more than mobsters and gangsters in other countries collecting their share of our hard earned money to keep the leaders of those lands from coming in our land.

WE are America... We are the 1st obligation that the White House, Congress, and anyone who is an American should be thought about.

There is always time for those things that are put first.   And we, the citizens who pay the wages of every federal, state and local employee should be realized.  We give you guys your income, why do you squelch on the other end of the deal, and work with us, instead of continually stealing from us?

I'd fire the lot of them, TOO!

4. manlypoetryman profile image83
      manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Alright...that's what I'm talking about....Fire 'em all...Pink slips for everyone! Pack it up...and let the ordinary man or woman run the nation for a change. Then watch the productivity increase...as they make decisions that directly effect themselves, their children, and grandchildren. Shame on the ones that are only in political service for themseklves...they have gotten us to this point!

lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

You forgot the lucrative tax system, which favors the rich and wealthy corporations....

And That can be easily fixed.

1. profile image0

And the entitled poor , and very private and protected welfare cases, the answers aren't as easy as pointing fingers at one side!

What entitled poor? You have to have money to survive. What do you suggest they do?
        Versus a guy like Russshhhhh Limbaugh, who the R's are fighting to make sure he keeps 59 mil instead of 57.

It's ridiculous! And no comparison!

1. kateperez profile image57

sigh....   

all about the social change?  That's OK.  We can consider the poor, but at the same time, if they are poor with 2 good hands and a strong back, they can pick up trash, they can shovel a ditch... Don't say there are no jobs... I'm highly educated, can't find a job, and am still paying my house note and all my bills every month.

Those who can't hold their hands out and expect others to carry them.  Those who have a little bit of ambition do whatever it takes.  Know what I do for a living?  I type little 2.00 articles.  I pay my bills... I make ends meet... without the hand-out help of the taxpayers who are my neighbors.

Crying about not having milk is an indication that you don't choose to do what it takes to get that milk....   Since when did I become responsible for someone else's lack of ambition?

I'm talking about the old and disabled here.....
            I'm talking about mothers who can't afford rent and food and heat and clothing and daycare on your oh so wonderful $7.15 cents an hr job!

What would you suggest they do?
            Give their kids to the state, like in Kansas?

You people with your high and mighty talk....you go pick up trash for 6 bucks an hr, then come talk about it.

You try and survive with kids or being elderly or disabled....don't speak of what you don't know.
            ANY single person with no repsonsibility can do anything.
            Try surviving when you have people that depend on you and no resources to help you out....it's a cold cruel world out there, and UNNECESSARILY SO.

Rush Limbaugh can do without an x-tra 2 mil, thank you very much. 57mil is enough for one big blow-hard!!

First the obvious, you cannot pick up trach for $6 per hour. In NYC they nget paid 26.75 per hour.

And if you are bitter about making $7 per hour, do something about it. Stop looking for handouts

You are so jealus of Rush, can you not say Kerry can do without an extra 2 mill? Guess not

I do not make 7 an hour. $7.15 is the minimum wage.........and the cost of a gallon of gas is $3.87.
                Wages do not keep up.....
                Daycare is $200 a week. 40 hrs at 7 an hr...280.00 pre-tax.....
                How you think they should survive?

And yes-Kerry can do without the x-tra 2 mil, and has said so!
                So have Clinton and Obama....all of them have said they don't need a tax break!

Your peeps are the ones who can't live without it....won't govern without it....are BEHOLDEN to it.

and trash -collectors do not get $26.75 an hour here....less than half that, I would geuss.

Funny Obama says he can pay more, but in reality, he paid less percentage than the average American.

You live in Cape Cod, now I know where your anger comes from. There is the largest divide of rich to porr there than anywhere in the COuntry. Its no wonder the garbagemen make so much less, because in the major dems country where you live, they want it all and give you nothing. I do not understand why you feel the way you do about repubs when you live in Dem central. They control everything there. If you do not make enough, and based on what I just read about the economy there and how so many live below the poverty level, why do you not blame those in control. Does not make sense to me. I visited there one summer. Nice place, but you all rely to much on tourist trade. Your economis council could do better, but seems it does not want to. Why are they against chains? they will bring renenue and create jobs. Hell what do I know

It is not dem central. The DA and sheriff and all co-horts are Republican, and they are the reason for my anger. And Scott Brown is the senator, don't forget...

And the "ones in control" do not tell the business owners how much to pay their workers. That, and the fact of price-gouging to get the most $$ out of the tourists---we all pay the higher prices too.

I don't see gvt as the problem per say....
                    AS USUAL..it's greed and corruption.
                    Within gvt, but plenty without as well.

Small-town mentality....certain families get all the breaks, if you know what I mean.

2. DannyMaio profile image60
                  DannyMaioposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How come if Obama said he can do without he took every deduction last year? His tax return is available for you to see. he is a hypocrite like most leftists. He gives very little to charity and takes every tax deduction. I'm not saying he isn't entitled to take it but lead by example and stop being a hypocrite!

Also If your not happy with what you make, Then change it! don't tell us there aren't any jobs, anybody hungry enough will get a job! Only lazy MF's can not find a job and looking for the government check! sad

2. kateperez profile image57

Rush doesn't hide his assets in low-tax rate states, either, does he, Senator Kerry?

Kerry doesn't make his living by smearing people and racism.

Clearly my message fell on blind eyes.  Did I say ANYTHING about disabled or elderly?  NOPE!  I said good hands and a strong back.

I have FIVE kids!  Know what I did??? I learned.  I got student aid, and I went to school.  When I got out I got a job.  I HAVE FIVE KIDS!!!     Poor single mommies who use that as a badge of honor.  I should cry for them.  Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Programs are available to help single mommies so they can get jobs.  Programs are available to help with daycare for children.

Those who are old or disabled paid into the system, deserve to be helped by the system now that they are in need. 

I do NOT believe that my capable brother/sister is my responsibility.  I have enough to worry about without caring for those who refuse to care for themselves.

So sad to be so jaded, I know, but I live in the greatest country in the world and the opportunities exist, one must just ask.

"So sad to be so jaded"

You are not jaded--you are biased.

I am not biased, I am a REAL American. The ones who built this brave and prosperous nation.  I am a REAL American because I believe the sweat of my brow should carry me, and the sweat of the other capable people's brows should carry them.  You are not very open minded, my dear.

I'll take care of grandma, and all the disabled in the nation.  I have NO problem with that.  My mother was infirm, in a wheelchair, my baby brother was born incapacitated with cerebral palsy, seizures, and severe mental retardation. THOSE are the ones we should care for, not someone who can care for themselves.

Wishing and hoping for change to come is not going to work.  Know where change comes from...??????

YOU changing...  not me changing to suit your purposes.  If you want to change your life, just get the heck up and do it!!!!  If you want to change my life, too bad, sister, not your life to change.

THAT is what is wrong with the Obama administration.  They want to change MY life.  They think they can take all my money and give it to deadbeats who should be working for themselves.  Poor and unfortunate involves a very small part of the society.  No one in this forum is against helping the truly poor and unfortunate.  However, when Michelle Obama who has absolutely NOTHING to do with my country has started some ridiculous campaign against food that she shoves down her own mouth but does not wish for us to do the same, then the government has gone too far.

We are all in this together.  But we are all responsible for ourselves.  That is what this country needs to realize.  We're responsible for ourselves!  That means when choices are made who gets paid first, OURS should get paid first:  Elderly who paid in their sweat and tears to a system that's been robbed, and veterans who gave the ultimate sacrifice: their very lives, and servicemen and women who are STILL giving their lives.  Then, if there is anything left, give it to those other countries that don't even like us but keep taking our money.

Very well said

So--how'd you pay for day care for 5 kids?
                    All by your lonesome? Not possible.

And I'm not the one trying to change anyone....you are. You want everyone to be like you!

"Then, if there is anything left, give it to those other countries that don't even like us but keep taking our money."

Take that up with the rabid-righty's.....treasonous non-real Americans.

2. Quilligrapher profile image74
            Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi there, Ms. Perez.  I was so happy to read that you are unemployed and still able to manage your bills. You are certainly more fortunate than the many that are both jobless and poor. But, surely you’ve noticed that the unemployment rate nationwide in June 2011 was 9.2% or 14.1 million idle workers.  That’s about a half million more unemployed than in March. Are you aware another 2.7 million persons wanted and were available for work, but they were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the BLS survey?  I was saddened to discover 982,000 additional available workers have given up looking for work because they believe no jobs are available for them.  See for yourself: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
            I think most informed Americans realize there aren’t enough jobs right now for all the folks who want to work. You yourself admit that you can’t find a job. So, those with 2 good hands and a strong back, willing to pick up trash or to dig a ditch, are in a line with 18 million others waiting for their turn at the shovel. To imply that almost 10% of the available work force really don’t want to work seems to be assumptive thinking and unsupportable.
            Good luck, Ms. Perez, with your $2.00 articles. That’s a lot more than my average.

Quill

You are right about the lack of jobs out there. Its not easy. But its not impossible. You do need to be creative. I really, all Ms. Perez is talking about is surviving. Right now in this enviorment thats what needs to be done. The jobs to make good money will be there again when the economy recovers. I am disable at the moment, though doctors do not want me returning to work. I am in a rehab hospital right now, been here since December, hope to leave before Christmas. As you know from other threads I was a NY firefighter and was at WTC. I have told you all about the stupid law Obama signed putting the shaft to workers who were there. As I said I before I would not follow the part of the bill submitting my name and a lot of personal and family data. So as in the bill, I no longer get health care and I recieved a letter saying because I did not meet my obligations under the law I will be getting a bill fro ALL my health coverage they paid for. Now I get a great disability check for $ 60 per month. Thats right, I did not leave any zeros out. So from my hodpital bed, I found ways to make money on line including my online store, my on line radio show, and more. Its not the salary I use to make but it halps me make ends meet, and thets what Ms. perez was saying. She is trying to stand on her own feet without handouts from the Government. You should be happy that she is not taking your tax dollars, but instead you had to be........ Well I am not going to say it

Thank you, View,

I am used to being approached for saying people need to do what they can.

Thank you, so very much, for helping those during the 9/11 terror attack.  I am sorry to hear that you are in dire straights.  That is terrible for the government to turn their backs on you.

I'm just an average citizen with no remarkable story to tell.  You are an asset, even from that hospital bed.  I truly hope that some reasonable person can come to your rescue.

Even though I have weak hands, and you are clearly unable to sweep a street or dig, we are both doing the survival thing.  It's not as much as either of us expects, or is worth, but it is better than asking Uncle Texas to give me a welfare check every month.

I honor you, and your View.

Kate

Kate,

No thanks needed. It justs disappoints me that someone would get on you fro doing what is needed to get by. I am sure that same person would critisize you if you did not try and were taking Gov hand outs.

As for my health, its part of the game. I have no problem with it. I was just doing my job, nothing else. I was asked once by someone in my family, "was it worth it?" My answer was "Knowing what I know now and the fact I almost died in December, I would not change a thing exept to wish we saved more people" He does not understand my feelings. But thats OK, many do not.

Keep it up Kate. Nothing better than Pride

"Keep it up Kate. Nothing better than Pride"

Errrrr, what goes before a fall??

Mr. Quill.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. 

I did not mention, did I, that I am an IT professional who is unable to find a job because no one will hire a 49 year old woman who is worth $30.00 an hour?  I also did not mention that I hold a BS in Criminal Justice and an MS in Psychology. 

I cannot find prosperous work.  I am worth much more than 6.00 an hour, which is what I can glean by writing those articles.  I am, however, not too proud to do what I have to in order to behave like the people I looked up to in my life:  my father, my uncles, my mother, and others like them.  They did not take to letting others do things for them that they could not do themselves.

Opportunities are not as abundant as they once were, but the enterprising person can find a way.

I wish you luck, Mr. Quill, on your own personal American Dream, as I do everyone else.

And, forgive me for my "no excuses" attitude.  big_smile  I was in the Marines for far too long.

Kate

Semper Fi.

To bad more do not have our never surrender, never say die attitude

Semper Fi, brother.

As long as we keep the 'faith' things will always work out.  I've had to learn that, but it does work.  Odd, isn't it?

3. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

In an ideal world the voters could fire the government, but in the real world it is government that has the power, not the people, and it is not for the people to tell the government what it should do, but the government to tell the people what they should do.  The public only really matter at election time, but have little say in how their country is run at other times.  There may be some rare government somewhere in the world that actually listens to the public, but it cannot be considered the norm.

1. profile image0

In our world  we can fire the government ,we did it in our beginning! ....We can do it again !.......We just need to stop taking one side OR  the other .......out of TWO! America was the freest nation in the world at one time. It could be again.  I disagree ~It is for the people to tell their overnmment what to do. It is just the apathy  of the voter that stops that from happening. "Someone else will do all the hard work"  rules our public  minds !   Perhaps the American public is waiting for the new "socialism"  to be born of the failure of past ones.  Thats easier than  assuming the participation posture that we need to do .

2. G.L.A. profile image82
      G.L.A.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

True, however it doesn't have to be this way.. There ARE logical & legal ways to 'fire' them, but those ways would require Mr & Ms America to make some REAL sacrifices.. Fifty(+) years of American apathy and whining about our imagined helplessness is what got us to this point. It's a matter of how much we REALLY want our country and freedom back..

What exactly are you not free to do?

buy incandescent light bulbs, go without health insurance, eat a twinkie, get a toy in a happy meal in San Francisco.....

it's the little things that matter, because if we let them go, then they will keep getting bigger, like a cut on the finger that does not get taken care of:  next minute:  gangrene.

I can do all those things....in fact, I do.
            The one I hate is the smoking ban.
            Though I don't smoke...I think that one is the very worst.

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Nation building is thieving the US tax dollar to build the Military Industrial Complex.

5. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

The U.S. Government has been fired.

It should be. The status quo needs to be broken up. The status quo has constantly increased debt of citizens and decreased growth, over a period of generation after generation.

The debt system Government has continued to use, since it's inception, has come to lead America to a total collapse of the Nation. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop, and America completely implodes, which will bring about a new civil war in America.

However, the civil war will be based on true equality, which means, the religious majority rule will cease. Society's rules are dictated by the religious majority and Government officials are elected based on the most part, for their religious affiliations. Religion dictates Laws over citizens, because it's influence can be destructive to a politician's career.

So, firing the U.S. Government? It could be done, but the question is.....Can Americans Be United Enough To Bring Change?

Having an overall view? It would take a drastic event to occur, to bring about massive change in society. And, one way or another, it will happen in the near future. wink

6. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

They should raise the taxes on the rich. They have been riding the low tax gravy train for far too long. Everything that has been done by republicans has been done to further line the rich pockets, while the rest of America goes down the toilet.

But, saying that people won't get their social security checks is kind of lame. So what other checks are going to stop? Why not stop payment to the military machine involved in all these wars. Why not stop all checks going to corporate handouts, like the 5 billion dollars going to the oil industry?

Back to taxing the rich. They say even if they did raise taxes on the rich, it would still be a lesser tax than what they paid prior to the Bush tax cuts. The Republicans are calling for another 15% cut of taxes on the rich, while they want more money taken away from seniors, middle class, social programs, and the poor. Why should American's suffer so that that Billionaires can line pockets with more money?

Anyone who agrees with the republicans does not  see the pending disaster if this kind of logic continues. The average person is the one who does a majority of the spending in this country, the rich already have everything they need. What's going to happen when 70 percent of the country can no longer afford to pay their bills. Those rich people are going to get kicked in the balls. Just as happened to a majority of the rich during the great depression.

1. MartoArmory profile image40
      MartoArmoryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.

1. Moderndayslave profile image61
        Moderndayslaveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Like a brick to the head

7. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

So you haven't gone broke buying guns and attacking all your neighbors.

8. lovemychris profile image76

"Dems had control under the last rem of Bush, the time when most spending occured and when the economy started to tank."

BS!
    That is when they FINALLY stopped the hemorraghing!
    Put regs on the banks, and started putting money into the PUBLIC trust.

The economy tanked in 2003, as far as I'm concerned....the rest of you are just catching up!

you could never be so wrong, but you are good at it.

So you say the economty tanked under Bush, Obama had a down turning economy when he came into office. Now you say at the end of Bush the dems sopped the hemorriging. So which is it, was the econmy going down or was it fived? take one position and stay with it.

One last time just for you with the hopes you read and retain it. These are facts not opinion. You can look and verify all of it

When President Bush took office, the economy was already on its way down. The dot Com bust and false reporting by corperations took its toll. AS the Dow dropped from 11215.10 under his predicessor to a bottom of 9878.78 on Feb 2001. A turnaround in the next 3 months brought the Dow back to 10912.90 on May 2001. It remained steady going up and down daily until September 11, 2001. In the aftermath of 911, the Dow plummeted to 8847.56. But with a push from President Bush to instill confidence in the public, his actions worked. The Dow rose to 10403.94 on April 2002. A turn around in 7 months after one of the worst tragedies in American history The Dow once more took a downward turn as unemployment was on the rise. After 911 there was a big spike in unemployment. Dow dropped to 7591.93. on Aug 2002. The Dow  fluctuated over the next few months and closed 7891.08 on Feb 2003. In 2003 the Bush Tax Cuts take effect and have a positive effect on the economy.  The 2003 invasion of Iraq (March 19–May 1, 2003), was the start of the conflict known as the Iraq War or Operation Iraqi Freedom. The Dow began to rebound and closed 10583.92 on Feb 2004. A turn around in one year. The market was steady for the next year. Hurricane Katrina would arrive on land in the southeastern part of Louisiana on August 29, 2005 and would eventually reach Category 5 status. The devastation was enormous. The dow took a very small dip and began a long slow growth to 13930.01 on October of 2008. This was the highest close date ever in the History of the Dow. The market was steady for a short time.  October 2008, Black Monday. The Dow took a huge 2,000 point dive and continued down to 7062.93. Obama was in office for 2 months when the Dow closed at that level. The Unemployment rate was good under Bush until near the end of his term. Dems pushed for raising the Minimum wage. Despite warnings from Repubs and Economists, they passed it and the economists were right. Note in the following chart the rise in unemployment and how it rose to higher levels under Obama. Despite all the critisisim and blame Bush takes for the economy, the data from the dow shows everytime the Dow dropped, Bush made adjustments and the Dow improved. The economy was far better than it gets credit for. Seems the American people have been brainwashed to believe different. And further proof the Bush tax cuts were good for the economy is how the economy and Dow responded after they were enacted in 2003. Unemployment chart:

2001-01     4.20     Bush
      2001-02     4.20     
      2001-03     4.30     
      2001-04     4.40     
      2001-05     4.30     
      2001-06     4.50     Tax Relief & Reconciliation Act of 2001, dec.
      2001-07     4.60     
      2001-08     4.90     
      2001-09     5.00     9/11 terrorist attack
      2001-10     5.30     US enters Afghanistan War
      2001-11     5.50     
      2001-12     5.70     
      2002-01     5.70     
      2002-02     5.70     
      2002-03     5.70     
      2002-04     5.90     
      2002-05     5.80     
      2002-06     5.80     
      2002-07     5.80     
      2002-08     5.70     
      2002-09     5.70     
      2002-10     5.70     
      2002-11     5.90     
      2002-12     6.00     
      2003-01     5.80     
      2003-02     5.90     Shuttle Columbia Disaster
      2003-03     5.90     US enters Iraq War
      2003-04     6.00     
      2003-05     6.10     Tax Relief & Reconciliation Act of 2003, dec. Bush Tax Cuts
      2003-06     6.30     
      2003-07     6.20     
      2003-08     6.10     
      2003-09     6.10     
      2003-10     6.00     
      2003-11     5.80     
      2003-12     5.70     
      2004-01     5.70     
      2004-02     5.60     
      2004-03     5.80     
      2004-04     5.60     
      2004-05     5.60     
      2004-06     5.60     
      2004-07     5.50     
      2004-08     5.40     
      2004-09     5.40     
      2004-10     5.50     
      2004-11     5.40     
      2004-12     5.40     
      2005-01     5.30     
      2005-02     5.40     
      2005-03     5.20     
      2005-04     5.20     
      2005-05     5.10     
      2005-06     5.00     
      2005-07     5.00     
      2005-08     4.90     
      2005-09     5.00     
      2005-10     5.00     
      2005-11     5.00     
      2005-12     4.90     
      2006-01     4.70     
      2006-02     4.80     
      2006-03     4.70     
      2006-04     4.70     
      2006-05     4.60     
      2006-06     4.60     
      2006-07     4.70     
      2006-08     4.70     
      2006-09     4.50     
      2006-10     4.40     
      2006-11     4.50     
      2006-12     4.40     
      2007-01     4.60     
      2007-02     4.50     
      2007-03     4.40     
      2007-04     4.50     
      2007-05     4.40     
      2007-06     4.60     
      2007-07     4.60     Min. Wage = $5.85 Dems pushed for this Despite warnings it would raise Unemployment, as you can see it did
      2007-08     4.60     
      2007-09     4.70     
      2007-10     4.70     
      2007-11     4.70     
      2007-12     5.00     
      2008-01     5.00     
      2008-02     4.80     
      2008-03     5.10     
      2008-04     5.00     
      2008-05     5.40     
      2008-06     5.50     
      2008-07     5.80     Min. Wage = $6.55
      2008-08     6.10     
      2008-09     6.20     
      2008-10     6.60     
      2008-11     6.90     
      2008-12     7.40     
      2009-01     7.80     Obama
      2009-02     8.20     
      2009-03     8.60     
      2009-04     8.90     
      2009-05     9.40     
      2009-06     9.50     
      2009-07     9.40     Min. Wage = $7.25
      2009-08     9.70     
      2009-09     9.80     
      2009-10     10.10     
      2009-11     10.00     
      2009-12     10.00     
      2010-01     9.70     
      2010-02     9.70     
      2010-03     9.70     
      2010-04     9.90     
      2010-05     9.70     
      2010-06     9.50     
      2010-07     9.50     
      2010-08     9.60     US exits Iraq War
      2010-09     9.60     
      2010-10     9.60     
      2010-11     9.80     
      2010-12     9.40     
      2011-01     9.00     
      2011-02     8.90     
      2011-03     8.80     
      2011-04     9.00     
      2011-05     9.10
      2011-06     9.20

I don't CARE about your charts and your statistics and your long post.....I am telling you, my demise started in 2003. Those of you with higher incomes felt it later on down the road,...but it's been coming for a long time.

You see--R's always LOVE to brag about "No taxes"...but the cost of living always sky-rockets in exchange.
        Romney was good at that here....No taxes, but higher fees, fines, usage rates, etc. They get it from the back door, but they still get it.

Then they turn around and say Oh those big bad dems are tax and spend.
        R's are charge and spend.

And at least taxes go into the public domain...charges go into private pockets.

Well good to see you did not disappoint. Look LMC I am sorry you life tanked in 2003 but I guarentee it was not the economies fault. I guess from you comments and looking for entitlements you are a single Mom. Single Moms have the hardest job on the planet no  doubt. I also bet all the tax breaks trhat are in the tax code now that you may use will be gone if Obama gets hios way. How about child care credit, earned income credit just to namw a few. Not to mention he lowered personal income taxes around 3% for the Middle Class. $25,000 to $100,000 Salary. Those are there because of Bush and Obama wants to take them away.

Look go on believing what you want, its your American given right. Ignore goverment reports and all those economists who say different. And yes there are a few who will back you, only a few. But when you sell your home, if you own one, and have to pay a large tax, no longer get the taxbreaks I just mentioned, your income tax goes up 3%, no more capital gains tax, and mant more when Obama overturns the Bush tax cuts. And when Obama adds several new taxes, add more to the Gasolins tax, he has already increased that once, The taxes on internet purchases he has been pushing for, raising the national sales tax and so much more, remember this day and say he was right. I wish I was wrong, but I am not. I have a long list of taxes he wants to put in place.

No, I am NOT a single mom!! I have a long time boyfriend and we live together.
            But I have great empathy for them, knowing how hard it is and knowing the impossibility of the situation. And seeing that they always get treated like sh*t, and called lazy, and blamed for all societal problems...it makes me angry.
            Meanwhile, Murdoch and his ILK pay no taxes and just take and take and take from America....all with the blessing of people who say "business is god".

And I am a perfect barometer, because I have been in the same job since 1999, at pretty much the same pay.
            So--the only thing that changed was the gvt policies within Bushco.
            And, 2003 was the unraveling....going from lower middle class to poor. Same basic income bracket, but incrimentally higher and higher cost of living...starting with food. Then rent, heat, electicity, phone...you name it. Costs went through the roof...at the same time those tax cuts were happening and the outsourcing was going on....wars not put on budget, but Rah Rah'ed to death. Horrible, sadistic accounts of treating people....the shutting up of any 9/11 talk...
            Patriot Act, Total Information Awarenes Network, torture, criminal shenanigans...and all the while, our quality of life and standard of living sank.

THIS is what Obama had to step into, and now we have to hear it's HIS fault! HE made it worse! He needs to go! Makes me want to shoot myself. It's so dam unfair and just mean.

People who won't work with him....say their only goal is to get him out........and we are supposed to act like this is OK?
            No way.
            The enemy lines are drawn.
            It is no longer my fellow Americans, it is enemy of America.
            My America vs yours. Cause never the twain shall meet.

I read alot about Cape Cod economic situations, business council, medium incomes, home and rental prices and more. Stating in 2002 the price index shot through the roof in cape cod. no one knows why THe prices went up 45% faster and higher than in the rest of the US. The poverty level in 2002 to 2003 jumped from 2.4% to 9.2%. thats in the same time frame when many parts of the country were rebounding. I have no answer why this happened there. But it is written in many articles and in a report by your economic council. It was there I read about their refusals to allow chains to open businesses there. Makes no sense, they would bring revenues and create jobs. You are right about one thing. Most jobs pay grade in America  has not gone up in the last 11 years. In fact they have dropped quite a bit in the last 2 years. And no before you say it I do not blame Obama for that. Businesses did what out country should have done. they tightened their belts, cut costs, and now Wall Street businesses are reporting record profits, depits selling about 20% less products. Look at the oil companies. Making record profits despite the fact we use way less gas today than we did 2 years ago. If congress could do that we would be better off. But maybe Cape Cod might not be.

2. Moderndayslave profile image61

This say's it all
              "I am a perfect barometer, because I have been in the same job since 1999, at pretty much the same pay.
              So--the only thing that changed was the gvt policies within Bushco.
              And, 2003 was the unraveling....going from lower middle class to poor. Same basic income bracket, but incrimentaly higher and higher cost of living...starting with food. Then rent, heat, electricity, phone...you name it. Costs went through the roof...at the same time those tax cuts were happening and the outsourcing was going on....wars not put on budget "

"And when did we give the government permission to micro-manage our personal lives, our habits and our most private thoughts?"

After 9/11...the Patriot Act.
                  2002: Total Information Awareness Network.

You went to a great deal of trouble.  I would have done the same.

Statistics are facts... they are not to be snubbed, nor are they there to just make someone feel inferior.  They are just facts...

If a person does not care to know about the facts then there is unfortunately nothing that you (or I) can do about it.

Living with a boyfriend is a single mom.  big_smile   If you are not married you are single, if you have children and are a woman, you are a mom.  Simple:  single mom.....

I think that blindsiding the blind only makes them more blind.  Reason and rationalization and facts are too much for the contemplation of those who are asking for help.

Sometimes people need help.  You agree with that.  But help should be temporary, one should not be the fourth generation on welfare, and should not be the first "single mom" to hold a badge of honor over their head.

It is much more difficult to choose a life of marriage now-a-days than it is to choose to stay single and make excuses.

Fixing what is broken is the responsibility of every American in this country.

Praising Obama is not the answer, he is a single person, much like Bush.

Again, for those who agree, and because I want to say it:

Under Bush, the national debt was around 7.xx trillion dollars (from GWashington forward).  In 2 years, it had DOUBLED.  That did NOT come from GW Bush.

Also:  Bush had some expensive things to handle:

1.  9/11
        2.  Afghanistan
        3.  Iraq
        4.  Hurricane Katrina
        5.  Hurricane Rita
        6.  Tsunami in the south Pacific.

Those disasters, both man made and God-made cost this government a great deal of money. 

ALSO, why is no one complaining about the free money being given to foreign countries who could not care less about us?

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really?

How do you stick statistics in with things that are facts? I would love for you to explain this?

Statistics are not ALL facts. Not ALL statistics are facts. Barely 1/3 of statistics are actually true to begin with, if your lucky. So much distortion and misinformation, almost makes it virtually impossible to get REAL facts anymore. lol lol

"It is much more difficult to choose a life of marriage now-a-days than it is to choose to stay single and make excuses."

There are 158 tax breaks people take advantage of as married couples. The rest of us don't. They use more of the resources, and pay less to do it. Give me a break.

1. KK Trainor profile image60
              KK Trainorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is more of your usual nonsense. Get married and then tell me what new tax breaks you suddenly get. None.

Don't spout about things you know nothing about, unless you're a qualified tax attorney making minimum wage...?

Hey KK,

Married couples get more tax breaks than a single person does. It's meant to encourage marriage.

To say that there isn't is just foolish. wink

Thank you Cagsil...you beat me to it!

You're welcome.

JUST on the FIRST google:

"Double The Pleasure:
                Being a team has its advantages, including the pleasure of claiming additional deductions and credits. Increased (household) earnings or shared income may result in some significantly substantial tax breaks not available to those filing separately."

--such as GAY couples! I might add!

http://www.lifamilies.com/article/take- … -1088.html

I will search more later...should you need itemized proof.

Seriously?  Are you kidding me?  Have you not heard of the "marriage penalty" on federal income taxes?  Are you truly that ill-educated that you don't even listen to anyone?

Really??? Congress is STILL trying to vote to rid the IRS of the ability to impose a marriage penalty!  People get PENALIZED for being married!!!

They don't get head of household, a tax break that you can take advantage of.  They don't get the benefit of actual prosperous dependent credits, they hardly get any benefit except the ability to say that they got married and managed to STAY that way.

I just have to shake my head at this kind of rhetorical statement.  Yes, I should not be replying, but you brought it on.    Gay couples have a better time of filing taxes and getting better returns.

how do I know this?  I experiment.  I've done my taxes as single with dependents and married with dependents.. know how much more I got filing single?  I got 3,000 MORE return on my hypothetical single than with the husband.   and he did not make an income.  I was PENALIZED for being married!

Learn

OK.

"The myth of the marriage penalty
                Despite what you may have heard, when it comes to taxes and benefits, it generally pays to be married. But that's not true for all couples."

Guess which couples it doesn't pay for? POOR ones!!!
                SHOCK.

http://money.msn.com/family-money/the-m … eston.aspx

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
            DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Cagsil, Agreed!  Statistics can be manipulated and made to tell lies quite easily.  It takes a lot of digging to get to the real facts behind the stats.
            Percentages are the least reliable--they inflate actual numbers. I learned this trick many years ago, whey our parent group was lobbying to keep our childrens' school open.  We polled the teachers, and found that "14% fo them would leave the district if that school were to be closed."  In point of fact, that 14% was but a single teacher!  So I learned to distrust percentage statements from that day forward.
            Your analogy about statistics vs. facts is like this one:
            "A chair is a piece of furniture, but not all pieces of furniture are chairs."
            wink

So Dow, Nasdaq, S&P 500, CBO, Nad many more are just Bogus Statistics are not real.
              DML, what do you think 14% was? It was a statistic, So based on your comment that only represents 1 teacher, what in the minimum to qualify 14% Face it !4% was a factual find based on one teachers answer. Do you need 14 teachers to Qualify 14%.. One thing I learned while VP of Metrplex Development, numders do not lie. People lie and twist the results to their liking, but the numbers are alswys correct. People thing polls are wrong, they are not. They are accurate numbers or results based on a question asked. You cannot change that result. For example Obamas last likeable poll was 65%. Now people say look he is liked and will get reelected. In reality his job approval is less than 50% when asked if you would vote for him. THe numbers are accurate, its how people manipulate them

9. profile image0

Since the Nineteen ~late seventies early eighties , government regulations have ceased to exist against Banking , wall street and monopolizing corporations ,  ceased ! Energy companies are run amock of any regulators at all, they control prices and supply, oil shortage my butt! Congress and senate are slutz-ized to the lobbyists for them all. And you people are still playing partison musical chairs!  Oh I see a reckoning but it won't be a pretty picture, cvil war is out , total  anyalizationis probable. But liberals and GOP alike will still  play the same song!

10. lovemychris profile image76

I see what I see. It's not an equal measure game.
    The punishment shall not be equal measure either.

As you sow, so shall you reap.

11. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

Yes I'm angry!!!

I'm ticked off!!!!!1

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/willow/mite-and-tick-info2.gif

12. lovemychris profile image76

"do not raise my taxes as Obama wants to do."

You make over $250,000 a year?

The average senior lives on $18,000.....
    You want them to have to pay more to live, but not you?

Let me think:  value added tax on things bought.  Gasoline taxes, taxes on items that did not used to be taxed, corporation taxes being filtered down to the consumer through higher prices, taxes on driving down the road...

Yeah, federal income taxes may not be affected, but don't tell me that income tax is the ONLY taxes around.....

Silly little goose!

Geuss you missed my shpeil.
        For me, it is the cost of things that has killed my quality of life.
        And it happened under Bush.

So--what can you say?

We all see things differently don't we?

But you peeps never learn...you want to do it ALLLL over again!

Bush did not leave you out in the cold... During the Bush years I worked very well, thank you.

I LOST my job the 2nd year that OBAMA was president... AFTER the oil industry decided that they could no longer pay people when they were not allowed to drill.

It's always about you isn't it?
            I was describing my situation and you come here and say...that could not be true, cause it didn't happen to me.

ummm, there ARE other people in this world you know.

13. lddant profile image59
    lddantposted 12 years ago

I've been angry for sometime now.  Sadly, our democracy has been reduced to alot of posing, meaningless chatter and politics.  Our government has become ineffective.  It's time for something dramatic to happen.  What?  I don't know.

14. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 12 years ago

Semper Fi

15. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

Gee--why don't they just print more money to cover the checks?  That's about all our money is worth anymore, anyway--worthless paper--Monopoly money! 

BAH!

1. profile image0

Sounds like an epidemnic of apathy in your post!

16. profile image0

Sadly , I believe that this time had to come for us!  Perhaps Americans general state of apathy  will change now.  A revolution of sorts can only begin in anger out of what ,hunger? Civil unrest? The abyss between those who have and have not?  We as voters have failed on the local , state and federal levels to be vigilant!  Most people don't know thier congressmen[women] or senators.  The quality of American lifestyle is dropping before our eye's at the cost to your children! Corporate monopolies, illegal labor, political lobbyists padding the governors pockets . This President is no different from the last or the next! .....Hunger ,keeping our homes and having  a little prosperity will wake American voters up !  I may be wrong but I dould it. Our sense of "common sense " has to become common again!

"Perhaps Americans general state of apathy  will change now."

For a lot of us, it changed in 2001.....and we saw you as the apathetic ones!

Don't be surprised if you are met with a big yawn at your new-found outrage.

You're kind of late.

1. profile image0

Actually I was angry well before 9/11, at the mindset of  stupidity of liberal  idealist intellectuals that  got us into the socio/cultural revolution of the sixties  , but thats another story ,  Quite the bright assumption you have made though  lovemyextremelypartisancris!

"the mindset of  stupidity of liberal  idealist intellectuals that  got us into the socio/cultural revolution of the sixties"

Look who's talking.

name calling and retaliation with more name calling is SUCH a productive method of communication!

is anyone learning anything here?

ahorseback said that TO ME....take it up with him!

17. Moderndayslave profile image61
    Moderndayslaveposted 12 years ago

We have been sold out by the people we elected.The problem is that there is no downside for our elected officials,once they're elected they are protected and do as they please.Remember the town halls for the health care bill? Some reps feared for their safety,well guess what? That's is how it should be. They are NOT ABOVE US,they are not there for their personal gain they are our SERVANTS. Serve us ,not the corporations or pay dearly.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!!  They have forgotten they are public SERVANTS--and guess what?  SERVANTS don't get paid fancy wages and perks!!  They should receive only an honorarium for their service, and have to hold down a normal job like the rest of us to actually make their living!

18. preacherdon profile image66
    preacherdonposted 12 years ago

I've been angry for some time. I've preached, taught, and written to encourage Americans to hold their government leaders accountable for their actions. Rehire them if they do what hey promised and fire them when they don't. Unfortunately, most Americans are too lazy to do much of anything but complain.

Or they just blindly follow those who promise the soda machine in every lunchroom and free hall passes for everybody.

Oh how grand it is to be able to promise so much crap and have so many blindly follow like dodos jumping off a cliff in unison.

Yeah---like this:

"My country can do no wrong. I can do no wrong. My country can do no wrong. I can do not wrong.".......

Pride goeth before a Fall.

Geronimooooooooo

At least we have pride

In what? Bombs and rich people who steal from the poor?

In ourselves. Why do you not get that?

really, you are so helpful with your posts.  I cannot imagine how well your children are handled, taught, and informed....

the future of this country is secure knowing that you are a mother!

More condescention......is that all you do?

19. lovemychris profile image76

"Only lazy MF's can not find a job and looking for the government check! sad"

Kind of like Michelle, taking in those kids so she could get paid while staying home?

She took YOOUURRRRR money to do it.
    She's a lazy MF---your words.

Breaking News: Lazy MF runs for president!!

AP:

Lazy MF housewife from Minnesota tells America she can be president.
    "Just because I used kids to supplement my income does not make me a welfare cheat! I am not like "those others". Why, Marcus and I don't have 2 Cadillacs...only one. And we deserved that quarter million we took from the gangsters...they would only have given it to "one of them".
    Far better WE take it.
    Far better Marcus takes medicaide money to fake people out of their natural state. How do THEY know who they are? WE know better!!!"

Lazy MF housewife.....your next president? Stay tuned.

1. DannyMaio profile image60

How can you be lazy to take care of 23 kids?????? you can not be that jaded. She had to cook, clean, do laundry etc.. for 23 kids! do you think for a few dollars she did this???? She has enough money to not take care of 23 kids. It is sad for you to even think in that way. I guess they were better off in a government facility instead of a loving home! you really are so angry and even your own democratic state politicians can blow smoke up your #$% and you believe bush did it. WAKE UP!!! It was the thieving left who run your sorry state! they steal and make backdoor deals. the DA and sheriff doesn't make the laws. How come every state that is run by the left is either bankrupt or close to it and also have the highest taxes??? Is this just a coincidence? I do not think so!

LMC,

You and I have gone down this road before. You had all your facts and figures about the funds she recieved. I showed you right from the Mn. Gov. Web site what they paid. Plus she did not raise them all. Hse only had some of them for a month, but during that time she took care of them. If you think she made money you know you are wrong. And by the way, she did not stay home

20. lovemychris profile image76

Wow! No joking allowed about Ms Bachmann!
    Imagine if I had called her a racist pig who hates America...

But I can't help my way of thinking...I'ma clockwise kind of girl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CEr2GfGilw

Here is the timeline in Michelle Bachmanns life. So much for a stay at home Mom. Please get just one fact correct

After graduating from high school, Bachmann spent time working on a kibbutz in Israel. In 1978 she graduated from Winona State University with a B.A.. In 1986 she received a J.D. degree from Oral Roberts University, followed by an LL.M. degree in tax law from the William & Mary Law School in 1988. She was a member of the final graduating class of the Oral Roberts University law school, and was part of a group of faculty, staff, and students who moved the ORU law school library to what is now Regent University.

From 1988 to 1993, Bachmann was an attorney representing the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
      She married in 1978
      Bachmann and her husband own a Christian counseling practice in Stillwater, Minnesota
      Bachmann also has an ownership stake in a family farm located in Waumandee, Wisconsin. Since the death of her father-in-law in 2009, the farm and its buildings have been rented out to a neighboring farmer who maintains a dairy herd on the farm……So much for operating a family farm as you claim. She only rent it out
      In 1993, Bachmann and other parents started a K-12 charter school in Stillwater, and she began speaking against a state-mandated set of educational standards, which propelled her into the world of politics
      In 2000, Bachmann defeated 18-year incumbent Gary Laidig to secure the GOP endorsement as State Senator for Minnesota District 56. She then defeated Ted Thompson of the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL) and Lyno Sullivan of the Minnesota Independence Party in the General Election. In 2002, after redistricting, Bachmann defeated a fellow incumbent State Senator Jane Krentz of the DFL for the newly drawn District 52.
      In November 2004, Republican Senate Minority Leader Dick Day appointed Bachmann as Assistant Minority Leader in charge of Policy for the Senate Republican Caucus
      Since 2007, Bachmann has served Minnesota's 6th congressional district, which includes the northernmost and eastern suburbs of the Twin Cities and St. Cloud. She is the first Republican woman to be elected to the U.S. House from Minnesota. She still serves today and is seeking the Presidential nomination

I do not care ONE iota about that trumpet!
        That vile woman!
        That MF!!!

We know you do not care, but at least get the facts right.You claimed she was a stay at home Mom. The timeline here shows she was not. I just wanted to clear that up.

The Greedy Old party isn't hitching their wagon to her are they?

She leads most polls and in 2 polls she is beating Obama but it is in the margin of error. Why do you think the Media is on her and Huntsman? They are trying to tear down anyone they think can beat Obama. Why do you think you hear nothing on Ron Paul?

ABC NEWS

Looking only at Iowa, a key first caucus state, the Minnesota congresswoman is doing even better. Three separate polls over the last week put Bachmann in first place.

"Republican primary voters are looking for somebody who brings some excitement, who brings something different to the table and she definitely does that," ABC News Political Director Amy Walter said.

Whoa boy--that's really tearing her down!!

She gets more press than anyone...her and Palin.
                  Know who owns the press?

Need we remind you?He's in hot water lately!

He does not own MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC, and more. He does not control all the news so lets not go there. He shut down the company that was responsible for doing what they are accused of. And it was his son that was in charge of that company, not him.
                    And if ahe was not a threat, you would never hear her name. You do not hear anything on Paul, do you?

2. American View profile image60

President Obama leads seven long-shot Republican candidates in hypothetical 2012 matchups. But in a result consistent with polls involving the bigger GOP names,  the president’s support stays in a very narrow range. In every matchup tested so far this year, the president’s support has stayed between 42% and 49%. Source-Rassmusen polls

2. Moderndayslave profile image61

I guess when she decides what country she is loyal to you guys will be ok. Israel or the US.
                http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/20 … es-israel/
                http://america-hijacked.com/2011/06/10/ … viv-style/
                Ron Paul is a threat to the status quo and that's why he's not up in the mainstream yet. I have seen Ron Paul's  moneybombs on Facebook though and he's gaining momentum. Israel firster Bachman is not that bright anyway,http://minnesotaindependent.com/55061/bachmann-america-cursed-by-god-if-we-reject-israel
                ,http://www.dailypaul.com/ and definately has the banksters and media on her side.I quess we'll see how stupid Americans really are in 2012.. I would prefer people that put America first but that's only me

Modern

First, paul is nothing but a wind bag I know because I live in Texas He has done nothing for the State. And has dropped in the polls since he got in the race

Bachmann Supports Isreal as many other Presidents have. I am sure you were not saying anthing when Clinton or Carter backed Israel. Its only Obama who is against Israel. Wonder Why?(Secret muslim?) Ater all he is for everything else that want to eliminate Isreal, even those who hate us, but Obama supports them

Bullarkey!

This is what I have to say about that!!:

http://www.davidicke.com/latest-headlin … a-message-

Nah--I think I'll just keep making an issue out of it...bet I can find plenty on the Internet to support my view.

Cause you know.....the Rabid's started in on Obama long before he took office...

I'm playing by their rules. Just call me the Karma Queen.

I reserve the right to go back to child-hood school days to get my smears intact.
            I reserve the right to mis-construe anything and everything she says.
            I reserve the right to make fun of her kids, her husband and her preacher.
            I reserve the right to call her a liar, an anti-American and a racist.
            And lastly, I reserve the right to say she hates America.

Don't like it?
            Too late. The rotten die has already been cast.
            Told you before...I'm not good enough to be a Christian. I can't turn the other cheek. I have to smack back.

LMC or shouls I say her highness,

Ok, now this one was funny but I will bow and call you Karma Queen. LOL

And you do have the right to do all you listed and more, Hell, even the Supreme Court said News entities are allowed to lie so who am I to stop thise who want to.

But I also have the right to fight for truth, justice, and the American way. Sorry, but despite it all I strongl\y believe that in addition to Honor and Loyalty. SOmething that this country and its people have forgotten about. Otherwise the Supreme Court would not have ruled as they did.
              I have the right to point out inacuracies and show why they are wrong
              And go ahead and make fun of her kids and husband, but when someone does it back like make fun of Obamas kids, one cannot take offfense for it is the same right being expressed. I personally am Impressed with his kids. I mean anyone who can do their homework and be done a day early is great Especiallt since homework is given the night before and due the next day, so I guess they can see a day ahead so they can do the homework and coplete it a day early. Wish we all could see a day ahead, that would be a great  thing.

Bck to the jokes, I will start it off:

"If Bachmann and Palin get in, that's two bimbos. And there there's Mitt Romney, the millionaire and Newt Gingrich, a professor. We just need a skipper and a buddy and we've got 'Gilligan's Island.'"

"When President Obama returned from South American and tried to get into the Oval Office the door was locked. He said, 'Holy cow, is it 2012 already?'"

"House Speaker John Boehner says President Obama should have clearly outlined his exact plans before bombing Libya. Apparently it's only Iraq where you don't have to do that."

''I find it strange that Sarah Palin would be shopping a reality show considering the fact that she hasn't shown much interest in reality.''

Send some back

how was that funny?

Went right over your head......
        One of your pals here calls Obama a racist pig who hates America.
        My point was, I can't even joke about Bachmann without these righty's getting upset.....what if I had said SHE is a racist pig who hates America??

as always.....dish it out, but can't take it!!

21. northweststarr profile image62
    northweststarrposted 12 years ago

If you say Trump and Presidential Race in the same sentence I'm firing you!

Funny North, good one

22. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Sad to say, Ron Paul will likely win if he runs, since all the ANP members will show up and support him, since they believe that even Bachman and other tp'ers are all race traitors.

Paul will never win

23. profile image0

Trump, Paul , Palin , Obama , while you , my friends , elect your next American idol , you don't even pay attention to who you have as a senator, congressmen and what they have sold off this week to thier Chinese fundraisers or make them accountable in any way! Ever thought?.....it doensnt matter who sits in the whitehouse.  Keep up the partison crap though ,  that will help!

1. JON EWALL profile image60
      JON EWALLposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ahorsebackposted

‘’The U.S. Government has been Fired .’’ On Aug. 3rd if the problems aren’t resolved start laying off the 20% that Barak Obama hired, stop all payments to government pension funds, give the trust funds government securities similar to the ones that are in the social security lock box and hold back on paying Congress their payments until a solution is made on the national  debt.
      What’s good for the goose is good for the gander, why not!
      WHAT THE COUNTRY NEEDS IS MORE TAXPAYERS NOT MORE TAXES.
      JOBS   JOBS  JOBS
      President Obama spoke on Saturday and  said that we are all in the ballgame.
      Our country is not a dictatorship and OBAMA IS NOT OUR DICTATOR. Stop the behind closed door sessions, put all the issues open to the public. Submit a bill, debate the bill and vote on the bill, that’s how our government is suppose to work After we see how our representatives vote, we will be able to weed out the scum in the next ELECTION.
      What you see when Obama speaks is not what you get, THAT’S A FACT.

1. profile image0

Exactly , Make each and every one of them accountable!!!Congress , senate.....We have to do our HOMEWORK!

24. lovemychris profile image76

btw..just a point of interest;

The guy who heads the Daily Kos used to comment on Olbermann's show on MSNBC....

He says that he upset Joe Scarborough and refused to apologize, so he was banned form Olbermann's show!

He said Scarborough calls the shots at MSNBC.

And since the Comcast take-over...that network is pretty transparently going right.

It's sublte, and sneaky...but it's there.

25. profile image0

But then anyone who listens to Scarborough loves to listen to an ego maniac who seldom lets anyone else speak and only hears his[her] own words.  He's  one of the most partison self indulged people I've ever listened too. Listen we have to stop listening to orielly , scarborough/ all extremeists on both sides , they may make good points but they create more divisions in finding real solutions !

26. kateperez profile image57
    kateperezposted 12 years ago

My biggest problems are stated in your comments.

Obama, Congress, Czars, Cabinet members, and Michelle's assistants should all get no pay until the citizens who pay them get paid.

Who knows how much each czar gets paid, anyway?  I've looked but have no idea.    However, if he has 35 czars, and each is merely paid $100,000 a year, in 10 years (which seems to be their date range) they will have been paid $35 BILLION dollars!  That is just the czars!!!!  What about Michelle's 40 some odd assistants?  If each is paid $75,000 a year, that is a 10 year expenditure of $30 BILLION dollars!   

That is a net savings of 65 BILLION dollars over 10 years if those two groups (supposing my presumed wage is correct) are eliminated.

It is sickening.  Rid our government of the IRS, the DEA, and the NLRB and we'll save even more money.  None of those federal organizations are necessary.  How much more will that free up without taking a single red cent from Social Security or Medicare.

Kate,

On target once again

1. DannyMaio profile image60

Kate is the BOMB isn't she!

27. northweststarr profile image62
    northweststarrposted 12 years ago

Preach it sis!

28. lovemychris profile image76

"Where I grew up in the Bronx, we defend ourselves."

So how come Palestinians can't defend themselves?
    People call them terrorists for doing so.

But the agressors--Israel--they call defenders....it's backwards and upside down.

Really, what would you call what happened in Munich?

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
        Jim Hunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It seems strapping bombs to oneself and setting them off in a marketplace or disco is the equivalent to defending yourself.

Where I come from we call that terrorism.

Some do not get that point

Others do not care, they think we had it coming. blame th government for everything. But they are first in line for whatever the Gov is giving away

Then complain we are broke

They aren't complaining we're broke they complain that the rich aren't paying their fair share.

Even though the rich are the only ones paying.

"They aren't complaining we're broke they complain that the rich aren't paying their fair share."

Exactly.

"Even though the rich are the only ones paying."

Let me correct that for you. "Even though the rich are the only ones not paying." There, all fixed.

lol lol lol lol

Government schools.

Who is we?

What do you call spraying with white phosphorous?
          What do you call Operation Cast Lead?

Self defense from Hamas for shooting missles into Isreal

Then we have 0 to talk about. We are not even in the same hemosphere.

Your right there. You need to show something that backs your point. When you throw things out there like this time claiming Israel attacks for not reason on innocent people but leave out they were attacked for weeks before responding in self defense, what do you expect. You get called on the carpet. Just like claiming the American who was shot at point blank rage by the IDF, And all those claims were proven false Then you claimed it was adifferent incident and once again your statements were incorrect. Sometimes you make good points based on real facts. Its the other times when you here from people.

As Ralph G. Loeffler in Kayseri, Turkey wrote two days ago in his article, Remembering Furkan Doğan, “Furkan was filming the Israeli assault when an Israeli commando fired his first shot pointblank hitting Furkan squarely in the face. Four more shots were fired into Furkan leaving him dead and unrecognizable.”

"Deaths occurring on the top deck (roof) Furkan Dogan , a 19-year-old with dual Turkish and United States citizenship, was on the central area of the top deck filming with a small video camera when he was first hit with live fire. It appears that he was lying on the deck in a conscious, or semi-conscious, state for some time. In total Furkan received five bullet wounds, to the face, head, back thorax, left leg and foot. All of the entry wounds were on the back of his body, except for the face wound which entered to the right of his nose. According to forensic analysis, tattooing around the wound in his face indicates that the shot was delivered at point blank range. Furthermore, the trajectory of the wound, from bottom to top, together with a vital abrasion to the left shoulder that could be consistent with the bullet exit point, is compatible with the shot being received while he was lying on the ground on his back. The other wounds were not the result of firing in contact, near contact or close range, but it is not otherwise possible to determine the exact firing range. The wounds to the leg and foot were most likely received in a standing position.  -UN Report"

Here are the facts again, we did this once before

The Turkish IHH has pulled the Mavi Marmara out of this years "Freedom Flotilla 2," the AFP reported.
                    IHH representatives held a press conference on members said that port authorities in Turkey did not provide them with the necessary permits for the Mavi Marmara, which organizers hoped would serve as an iconic flagship for this years flotilla.

The Mavi Marmara was at the center of an international media fire-storm during the 2010 flotilla when self-proclaimed 'peace activists' on board attempted to lynch members of the IDF Shayetet-13 – Israel's naval commando unit – which boarded the ship in accordance with international maritime law.

Nine members of the lynch-mob were killed when the commandos were forced to open fire to save their imperiled comrades.

During the boarding of the ships, the demonstrators onboard attacked the IDF Naval personnel with live fire and light weaponry including knives and clubs. The demonstrators had clearly prepared their weapons in advance for this specific purpose.

The ships plan to attempt to breach Israel's naval blockade of the Gaza Strip, which Israel has imposed to prevent weapons from reaching the Hamas terror organization, and others, in its territory.

Ahmed Dogan, father of Furkan Dogen is in the United States to ask the government to investigate the circumstances of his son's death last year on the Mavi Marmara. On 5/31/11 he appeared on Democracy Now with his lawyer, who also served as translator.
                    Furkan Dogan was one of eight Turkish nationals killed during the Israeli raid on the flagship of the first Freedom Flotilla that was bringing aid to Gaza. He was 18 years old, and had planned to visit his birthplace in Troy, NY and to study languages in Chicago. He had been born while his father was a graduate student at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and left this country at age two. He was a passenger on the MV Mavi Marmara in the Gaza Freedom Flotilla, and killed in the Gaza flotilla raid. Doğan's father said that "Furkan was a US citizen only and he never thought that he would be killed since he was an American citizen." In his sons final diary entry written on the ship, he wrote about the beauty of martyrdom:

"It is the last hours to martyrdom, insha'Allah. I am wondering if there is a more beautiful thing. The more beautiful thing is only my mother, but I'm not sure. The comparison is very difficult. Martyrdom or my mother?
                    Now, the hall has been evacuated. So far people were not serious, but they have become serious recently

An autopsy revealed he had suffered five gunshot wounds, to the nose, back, back of the head, left leg, and left ankle

So as we look at the truth, he was not an American citizen but citizen of Turkey. He was born here because his father, also not a citizen was here at the time. But he gave up his American by birth citizenship when he was in Turkey. And as you can read he was not killed at point blank range as you claimed earlier, he was shot 5 times with live rounds. An interesting point since the IDF was using rubber bullets, not live fire. FACT!!!

Here are some clips showing the activists attacking first. The IDF responded in self defense. Also a fact!! You can see it yourself. But I know you will not watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjkLUcbJWo
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6sAEYpHF24

2. Jim Hunter profile image61

Please refrain from addressing me.

I feel threatened.

Buk Baaaaaawk.

I have asked you to not address me.

I will have to seek an injunction to get you to stop.

I don't know---you tell me.

29. kateperez profile image57
    kateperezposted 12 years ago

did I say he helped?  I worked. 

and you are truly just going to believe what you are going to believe.  Sometimes I wonder why anyone tries so hard to be rational with other people.  They are stuck on "hold" for much too long.

Condescending?  Read your own posts lately?

How did you pay for day care?????

It's 200 a week here.....and that's sliding scale.

So--do the math. If you only have a minimum wage job...and you are a single mom....it's impossible!!

Is it? How are you doing it?

AH! See that perez???
          He just did what you were so upset about! They do it ALL the time....
          And it extends to anybody who thinks poor people deserve a fair shot in life......they get smeared in every instance by the rightys.

NEVER fails.

I did not smear you, I asked a question

30. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 12 years ago

I think the U.S. government should rethink the child labor laws.

Wouldn't have to worry about daycare.

And just think of the increase in tax revenue.

31. profile image0

I do not believe anything will change until somehow we , the litte poeple, take back America,  Controlling each office of government , we have become extremely lazy in America. In that we have allowed this apathy to control our lives. OK........go to work , pay your taxes , Oh, I'm too tired to go vote. .....Can you spell revolution. Which is better :to live under the thumb of social-ism in a hum drum lifestyle or fight for your beliefs.Sacrificing for  change in the future. what do we do?

32. lovemychris profile image76

We did vote for a revolution....but you see the entrenched money and ideology is deep in the system!

It has been given free reign for far too long....people can't even see it.

When I vote, and I see my vote being nullified because the opposite party refuses to govern.....and has a smear-mongering media on its side....what is the point? They are saying, "either we get our way, or we do nothing"....either way, they get their way!!!

We did vote for one, and Obama betrayed us

He didn't betray me.....you don't speak for the whole United States!

No I do not claim to, never did. Challenge you to show exactly where I ever said that. Same fee involved

Funny, its Ok for you to say what you want, even when you cannot back it up,, but you have such a problem when others do and can back it up

What can I not back up?

33. lovemychris profile image76

Uh yah....

"How did you pay for day care?????

It's 200 a week here.....and that's sliding scale.

So--do the math. If you only have a minimum wage job...and you are a single mom....it's impossible!!"

1. I do not have a minimum wage job.
    2. I am not a single mom. I live with my boyfriend and we parent together.

Both of these things I said here....

34. lovemychris profile image76
  35. profile image0

Yes , Social security so that Mabel can eat next month!  Blowing that big $1,000  s/s check on her rent , donut hole healthcare and ,  new wheel chair! But lets use that wasted check to  help promote  raising the debt ceiling! Yeaa Obama ! Threaten the little old ladies!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)