The presence of 5th dimension.is it true?????

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Robert pires profile image60
    Robert piresposted 12 years ago

is it a reality or just an hypothetical concept????

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Before answering I need to understand the question. What do you mean by dimension?

Robert piresposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unexplored or unknown aspects of the universe!5-dimensional space.

1. profile image0

Still you are not clear. We have seen only a little part of the universe, just like we have seen (may be that was past)only a small part of amazon forests. Then there may be so many dimensions yet to be known.
          Dimension of space? Space is the absence of everything, that is our conceptualization of nothingness, then how this dimension be applicable to space?

i want to know if there is any hidden dimension in the universe and i know about bermuda triangle.i just want to know any concepts about it.in bermuda triangle,everything is vanished but still there is no clue.do the same thing is applicable for our universe???i mean do things vanished in some other parts of the universe????

1. profile image0

Bermuda triangle is nothing but a hype. Accidents in that area is just as common as any other area in the world.
              If your question is whether objects can vanish into nothing, it can never. In fact the first rule of physics is "matter can neither be created nor destroyed". It may be converted from one form to another, but matter always remain matter.

2. recommend1 profile image61
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

To start you have to understand the first second and third dimensions that we see, few people really understand these so-called simple concepts.  EVen less understand what the fourth dimension is about - so why are you talking about a fifth dimension without describing what you are talking about ?

3. melpor profile image90
      melporposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cosmologists and physicists currently believe there are 10 dimensions based on the study of quantum mechanics and we are only perceiving three of them, height, width, and length. Time is often considered to be the fourth dimension.

2. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Einstein had a theory regarding 18 dimensions in the Universe which is only being adequately explored nowadays. I can't offer you much in regard to facts or research as I am not very scienceminded, but I personally find the different aspects of Unifield Field Theory very fascinating, even if it is a bit over my head.

1. profile image0

Einstein is moron who didn't know what he was talking about!!
      18 dimensions? indeed!!!

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Einstein a moron? You might be the single person on this entire planet uninformed enough to hold that opinion.

1. profile image0

Search the net........ before arriving at such conclusions

1. profile image0

What conclusion? That Einstein was a moron, or the number of dimensions? The number of dimensions is still in question. Einstein's contribution to science isn't.

1. profile image0

Both. I don't know what he contributed to science, but he definitely contributed to the religion of relativity.
              Still feel like justifying Einstein, then tell me what a dimension is, first?

1. profile image0

You want me to define something learned in grade school science?  I see you might have been projecting when you made your observation about Einstein.  At its simplest, the three dimensions are used to pinpoint the exact point in space of an object.  The fourth is time.

But, I see from your comments on relativity that you are somewhat unique.  I'm not interested in arguing the theory of relativity.  I am almost certain neither of us are qualified.

1. profile image0

Are you joking??

"pinpoint the exact point in space of an object" What does this mean?
                  Dimension is used to denote the architecture of an object, its orientation. The three dimensions are length, width and height. These are orthogonal and has no independent existence. Where are you going to put another dimension?

Now if you want to denote the location of an object,we use co-ordinates, the three co-ordinates are latitude, longitude and altitude.

If they have taught you something else as dimension in your grade school, go and get your money back! smile
                  What has time to do with any of these?

1. profile image0

I'm not sure what your problem is, you appear to simply want to argue. Or, maybe it is simple miscommunication.  I don't know.

I copied and pasted the following from;

http://science.howstuffworks.com/scienc … ension.htm
                    As you've probably noticed, we live in a world defined by three spatial dimensions and one dimension of time. In other words, it only takes three numbers to pinpoint your physical location at any given moment. On Earth, these coordinates break down to longitude, latitude and altitude representing the dimensions of length, width and height (or depth). Slap a time stamp on those coordinates, and you're pinpointed in time as well.

Which is exactly what I said.

2. R.S. Hutchinson profile image72
                  R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eienstein a moron? Are you kidding? Wow!  That is one of the most appaling and uneducated (to put it lightly) assertations I have ever witnessed.

--. In 1909 he became Professor Extraordinary at Zurich; in 1911 Professor of Theoretical Physics at Prague
                  --In 1914 he was appointed Director of the Kaiser Wilhelm Physical Institute and Professor in the University of Berlin.
                  --After World War II, Einstein was a leading figure in the World Government Movement, he was offered the Presidency of the State of Israel, which he declined, and he collaborated with Dr. Chaim Weizmann in establishing the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
                  --n the 1920's, Einstein embarked on the construction of unified field theories, although he continued to work on the probabilistic interpretation of quantum theory, and he persevered with this work in America.
                  --He contributed to statistical mechanics by his development of the quantum theory of a monatomic gas and he has also accomplished valuable work in connection with atomic transition probabilities and relativistic cosmology.
                  --He gained numerous awards in recognition of his work, including the Copley Medal of the Royal Society of London in 1925, and the Franklin Medal of the Franklin Institute in 1935.

--Einstein is famous for his theory of relativity and the formula e=mc2, the equation that relates ‘energy’ with ‘mass,’ and the speed of light.

--In 1916, Einstein developed a theory on the “quantum of energy,” declaring that when light passes through a substance it could stimulate production of more light, which later helped develop the modern laser.
                  --In 1944, he raised six million dollars for the war effort by auctioning a hand written paper on special relativity.  This document is now held at the Library of Congress in Washington D.C.
                  --He accomplished giving us the actual speed of Light at 186K miles per sec and proved that it is a constant speed which was the antithsis of the then normal scientific belief.

OH and that other small achievment:

--In 1921, Einstein was awarded the Nobel Prize in physics for his theory of photoelectric effects.

*shaking my head.

1. profile image0

And you anything about relativity??
                    Religion might be better!!

3. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

I think it will remain hypothetical until proven that such a theory exists wink but I love science too. wink

1. Jonathan Janco profile image59
      Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well the theory definitely exists. It just hasn't been tested or studied enough to be widely accepted.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top … eld-theory

4. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Robert I believe you should write about the fifth dimension. Make it your first hub it would be an interesting one. smile

5. R.S. Hutchinson profile image72
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

5th dimension.. Einstein did believe in many dimensions and many physicists do today... a dimension would be a "time" that is concurrently existing within our own accepted knowledge of reality. (though some scientists believe the 5th dimension is a particle of graivty like glue) Basically, an alternate universe that exists at the same time we do. The leading theory is that this "invisible" dimension is right in front of us yet we are too miniscule in the grandiose scheme of things to see it. Compare it to a person in a row boat in the middle of the ocean on a sunny day. He is enjoying his day (ha ha well maybe not if he is stuck in the middle of the ocean on a rowboat)…  and he is in one dimension (our reality) but his boat sits on a sheet on water and just below that water is a whole 'nother world that harbors all types of life. The life found in this other dimension has no reckoning of the "world" above the surface of the water, therefore there are two dimensions: the one for the human, and the one for the aquatic life. The theory believes that we cannot see (yet) beyond the veil of this dimension but that it must exist. Another point is that before the advent of the Xray, we could not see the bones inside the body- but we knew they existed. Before the advent of the microscope, we could not see particles and molecules. And it wasn't up until a few years ago that we discovered quarks -elemental properties that make up the neutrons and protons that for years were thought to be the smallest particles known to man. I suspect that in the coming years we will discover even smaller elements.

Also, hologrpahic images some consider to be -on a small scale- a 5th dimension because a holgrpah is a 3d picture that is reflected onto a 2d object.

So far there are 3 spatial dimensions and time (this makes the 4) The dimensions after that are still theories.

1. profile image0

You believe in dimension? So, what happens if you stop believing in them, will it magically disappear?

Dimension is time?? What happened to the length, width and height? And you have "knowledge" of reality too, that sounds interesting!!

So you can carry dimension in your pocket? Great. Ask that scientists to see a psychiatrists without delay.

Oh! god, I thought only god is invisible, now dimension to is!! A grander design than that of god!! No wonder the relativists don't believe in god any more, singularity is really grandiose!! lol

So whatever we cannot see is dimension? OK I understood, the dimension of love, justice, hate, purpose.... That is right!!

Smaller and smaller elements that goes on..... Well they need something to spent the public's money on...

Now space too got dimensions....... may be that is where heaven and hell exists! What is a theory, by the way?

6. maven101 profile image71
    maven101posted 12 years ago

And here I thought the 5th Dimension was a rock group from the 70's...

thanks R.S Hutchinson.what a beautiful way to explain 5th dimension! i also believe that we 5th dimension.may be we can't see it but it exists.

thanks R.S Hutchinson.what a beautiful way to explain 5th dimension! i also believe that we have 5th dimension.may be we can't see it but it exists.than you very much.now my concept is clear.

7. Emrys Mythrander profile image61
    Emrys Mythranderposted 12 years ago

Now before I answer this, I want you to know that my education is rather unconventional. But we shall save that conversation for another day.

The way it breaks down (for me anyway), there are a total of 11 "dimensions" consisting of 9 "lower" and 2 "higher". The 9 "lower" are separated into 3 "Realms" of 3 "dimensions" each. And the 2 "higher" dimensions are representative of the 'E and O' aspects of the whole (think 2 sides of the same coin). But lets start with the "lower 9".

Realm 1 (Location) Allows for distinction of a given object.

1st "Dimension" = Length :: The longest extent of anything as measured from end to end.

2nd "Dimension" = Width :: Extent from side to side.

3rd "Dimension" = Height :: The distance between the lowest and highest points.

Realm 2 (Equation) Allows for manipulation of a given object.

4th "Dimension" = Energy :: Intensity or vitality of action or expression.

5th "Dimension" = Spirit/soul :: The tendency to affect change according to a given will.

6th "Dimension" = Knowledge :: Specific information about a given subject.

Realm 3 (Environment) Allows distinction of multiple objects.

7th "Dimension" = Space :: An unoccupied area or room.

8th "Dimension" = Time :: Indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.

9th "Dimension" = Perception :: The act or faculty of apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding.

With all the "9 lower" "Dimensions" in effect we get an "Absolute Value" "Solution" equaling the "2 Higher Dimensions". Meaning the "Answer" our outcome is essentially the same on both side be depending on "Perceptive polarity", the meaning can change from one view point to another.

1. Emrys Mythrander profile image61
      Emrys Mythranderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol.... or if you want to.... 18, (according to Einstein, lol 9 on one side, and 9 on the other...lol... it works tongue

8. profile image0
    jomineposted 12 years ago

And nobody can define dimension consistently, to convey what they mean, when they use the term, yet can say there are 9, 18, upper or lower dimensions! Pathetic! There are more relativitists on the loose!

1. Emrys Mythrander profile image61
      Emrys Mythranderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Troll be here, Troll be there, Troll be every *&%$@#* where. ya see the really cool thing about you guys is no matter how much you try to irritate the people you pester, each and every comment brings that much more attention to the subject at hand. Thanks for taking the time to bring more attention to the subject. tongue

9. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

Where is QWARK in all this? hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)