Help me write a short story ---Ive written the first sentence

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

First twenty people to arrive recieve a gift the advertisement read.

2. maguijo profile image61
    maguijoposted 14 years ago

I arrived early, only to find 22 other people already in line, waiting for the doors to open. Hmmmm. How to get rid of three of them?
    I considered various methods. I could yell "Fire!"
    But that might be dangerous. I could run through the parking lot, randomly trying car doors, hoping to set off at least three car alarms....but then I'd have to run back to grab their spots in line, and last time I checked, my five-foot, 300-pound frame didn't like running too much.

3. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

So, being 300lb and square of shape, I decided to use that to my advantage ... being overweight/squat has to have some advantages, right?

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74

damn right it does, and for a moment this sneaky naughty voice whispered in my ear "people dont like stinky smells either" no, no, no, but that would surely eliminate ms 'im too sexy for this line 'girl in front of me, just then ..

5. frogdropping profile image77

Ms 'I'm too sexy for this line' beat me too it ...

Damn - she let one rip. Filthy wench. Still she managed to off the guy in front.

Now I have to think of a new strategy. Maybe I could ...

Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

( as she picks herself off the floor,laughing hysterically)

speak in another language ,all the while clutching my chest and growing redder and redder in the face. So I try that and get attention but not quite what I had intended .Suddenly camera's were in my face and...

6. Earl S. Wynn profile image78
    Earl S. Wynnposted 14 years ago

A woman belted out the question: "What do you think of the Schwarzchild Radius?" I couldn't help it, I broke into tears and started to turn away, but then...

7. frogdropping profile image77

I farted ... damnit ...

8. Eaglekiwi profile image74

which in light of what followed next was minor,an generous old lady offered me her spot since she mistakenly thought the noise was coming from another direction, how could I tell her the truth.
    I slid closer to ms im too sexy for this line ,so close chanel no5 mingled with my pheromones blending and...

9. maguijo profile image61

BOOM! I managed to eliminate not three, but 10 people from the line. Apparently Chanel #5 and my McDonald's grease-laden pheromones, when combined, form a combustible substance with the explosive properties of Dy-no-mite.

Now severely injured but number 11 in line, I was finally able to read the fine print on the ad. The "gift" was not quite what I was hoping for.

10. frogdropping profile image77

... in fact it was the stuff of nightmares.

It was a ...

12 month free subscription to...

11. maguijo profile image61

Dieter's Weekly: a weekly eZine that helps fat people diet and exercise their way back to good health.

12. maguijo profile image61

Who the hell needs that? I thought to myself. I'm in great shape! Why, only a truly healthy person could survive the explosion that annihilated 10 people, one of whom...I'd like to point out...was a very slim Ms. I'm Too Sexy for This.

13. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

But then I remembered prom night, and how I was a little pudgy around the middle. My boyfriend didn't mind though, especially after he hit the spiked punch multiple times.

14. K.D. Clement profile image68
    K.D. Clementposted 14 years ago

My mother always said that fat girls never get kissed but I proved her wrong that night.

Still, who was I kidding?  I was fat.  Not only fat but a clinically obese Two-Ton-Tessy.  Omar made my dresses.

An old man with clacking dentures smiled widely as he thrust Dieter's Weekly into my hot, corpulent little hand.

I shoved my way through the mass of bodies.  Breathing hard I flipped through the magazine.  On page 183 I saw it.

15. GeneriqueMedia profile image61

"Omar made my dresses." big_smile

But then I remembered I hated to read because of dyslexia caused by a severe brain injury as a child; I had decided to find out once and for all if Santa could go down a chimney. And how!

16. maguijo profile image61

Fortunately, it was nothing too text-y. Mostly pictures. I quickly gleaned the content and sat back in my chair, stunned.

17. GeneriqueMedia profile image61

For I saw an advertisement for Cliff bars, and plenty of people had backed up their claim--they were actually a nutritious and good tasting snack, almost too good to be health food.

18. maguijo profile image61

But the reason they were called Cliff Bars is that they have a unique effect of shoving you off the "cliff" of weight-loss stagnation. Yes! A snack bar that actually burns more calories than it contains! IN FACT, 100 times more calories than it contained.

19. frogdropping profile image77

... wow a bloody miracle has fallen into my lap. In fact, in terms of miracles, this is better than ...

20. GeneriqueMedia profile image61

...siphilistic lap dancing monkeys from outerspace! And oh, how would this change my life...

21. maguijo profile image61

If scientists could invent this, then surely a cure for Mercurian Monkey Syphilis was next! Maybe soon I would be skinny AND sexually active/sane again!

22. K.D. Clement profile image68

I slapped the magazine shut and barreled out of the building and into my yellow Smart (I had lived in Europe for a time and that is where I'd acquired my squashed trunk beauty).

Weaving in and out of traffic I tried not to think of potato chips as I tasted the salty sweat on my philtrum.

23. trooper22 profile image59
    trooper22posted 14 years ago

I rocketed into the turn about and...
    (english traffic circle)

24. maguijo profile image61

wondered what the heck a philtrum is that I was licking sweat off of. Also how in the world was I fitting into a Smart Car? Had my world gone completely mad?

25. frogdropping profile image77

..yup, seems it had ... the world had gone to hell on a hand cart. In fact, when I looked a little closer, flames were appearing - and there was this really weird smell.

It was a bit like ...

26. GeneriqueMedia profile image61

...that time I stood too close to a tiki torch. I smelt burning, but didn't really what it was until my hair was pretty much cinders; my scalp a crispy well done treat for cannibals.

27. trooper22 profile image59

With the smoke growing thicker, I found that I could no longer see.  I tried to pull over, but I forgot that this is England, and I was going the wrong way.  Then suddenly, and with a bone jerking jolt…

28. K.D. Clement profile image68

I pulled into a McDonald's parking lot.

29. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Hearing sirens, I knew that someone had called for assistance. Fumbling for my cell phone inside of my purse....

30. K.D. Clement profile image68

I pulled out a purple koosh ball.

31. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

have to freshen my breath first before going public and so..

32. K.D. Clement profile image68

and threw it into the gaping mouth of a Ronald McDonald clown.

"Help me for crying out loud!" I screamed at him. 

I had read about spontaneous human combustion in The National Enquirer and I realized that if I didn't drink some water soon I would...

33. trooper22 profile image59

Explode into a cloud of smoking flesh and bone. 
        “HELP ME FOR GOD’s SAKE!” I screamed again at the smiling fiber glass effigy…

34. Eaglekiwi profile image74

HELP ME !!!for I have been faithful returning to the golden arch
    only to find the pot of gold was really....

35. Chris Fawthrop profile image58
    Chris Fawthropposted 14 years ago

a pot of creamed corn casserole being cooked by a trio of homeless men who glared at me when I...

36. maguijo profile image61

puked into their pot, since the oh-so-delicious Cliff Bar had not agreed with my stomach and the stress of spontaneously combusting brought on an attach of projectile vomiting.

Alas I was not alone, for here in this large fusty building dripping with..

37. K.D. Clement profile image68

The Cliff bar!  Right.  When had I eaten the Cliff bar?

38. maguijo profile image61

my vomit I sat in my car, staring at the golden arches which apparently were inside the building, and I thought back over the events of the day.
    Hmmm.
    When I raced out of the building, I reflexively grabbed a bunch of Cliff Bars from the free samples bin and stuffed them in my mouth while lurching to my car...and THAT explains how I managed to fit my no-longer-300-pound body into the Smart Car.
    Ok, except for the

ms im too sexy for this competition who was stuck to my lighter than Air Jordans all limp and floppy like ,maybe I should...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)