It's not you, it's me! I just don't like you.

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (41 posts)
  1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image72
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

What are some of the best or worst break up lines you have used or heard, or would like to use?

1. thooghun profile image94
      thooghunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I should get some bonus points because I unleashed this one myself.

"Choose!" (her)
      "Streetfighter 2, sorry".

I was 12. Damn, what a time to be alive.

1. Len Cannon profile image87
        Len Cannonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Street Fighter II was a hell of a game, you made the right choice.

2. SoleiMarie profile image58
      SoleiMarieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i think this has been a cliche.. if i would be breaking up with someone.. I would just say "I simply don't love you anymore"..it may sound painful but at least I have been true... it will hurt him but it will make him realize that there is no hope for us.. and being a part is the best option.

2. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

the one I usually get is "I hate you.  Don't ever talk to me again or I'll get a restraining order!"

Its amazing isn't it? The shift in character. Like flipping a coin tongue

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

yeah, especially when they say that in response to my saying  "I really can't get into those Harry Potter stories, can you?"

2. R.S. Hutchinson profile image72
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've heard that one more often than I like to admit! Ja ja ja ja ..no it only happened once.

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mr Hutchinson! Are you laughing in Spanish? hmm

Yes..it is habit now due to a result of living in SFL

1. profile image0
            klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Howdy neighbor! I'm in Kendall. smile

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Its not you ,its'  me(puppy dog eyes), I just need to find out whats going on with me man roll

Translated means:

Its not you,its me, I just need to find out if my options are still open for that other chick,but in case they are not, I better not burn all my bridges..roll

And , what do you mean ,I look different somehow?

Oh those tire marks across my body ya mean, yea BIG truck smashed into me head on ,didnt see it coming..then I rolled under a BUS ,but hey other than that, Im doin fine a-hole  lol

So,whats up with you ,find a life yet lol

1. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol Eaglekiwi - Brilliant interpretation...he may go on to say, "I don't want to end things, I just need some space" which means "I still want to stash some of the junk I don't have room for at your place. I don't want this other chick to think I'm sloppy or anything." wink

Without fail, its always been "I need some space, let's take a break". Followed a few weeks later by, "ah, yea -- um".

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh yess roll part of the 'lets stay friends' package.

Good to see you RB !!smiles for miles smile

1. RooBee profile image83
          RooBeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Right back at ya!! big_smile big_smile

2. Lisa HW profile image63
          Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've used the "let's stay friends" one, myself, a couple of times.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  Turns out the amicable, reasonable, civilized, approach doesn't seem to sit well with some people.  lol

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

You misunderstand ,lol

I have certainly remained friends with good people who are indeed 'friends' amicably

My comments were directed at excuses ie in the name of friendship...(when its more  like , do you mind if I use,while I explore my other options.

1. Lisa HW profile image63

Ah!  Now I know you meant.  smile  Then again, I have to say that when I've used the "can we stay friends" thing, it's pretty much involved stuff like restraining order, closed bank accounts, telling everyone I know to stop taking the guy's calls - that kind of thing.   lol  (Oh - and there was that "minor" unpleasantness with having someone think I was crazy for breaking up, and sending the authorities to pick me up for a mental health evaluation.  mad  mad )  If I ever have to break up with anyone again I think I won't use that "can we stay friends" thing.  Maybe I'll just leave a note and disappear.  lol   lol  (I once didn't understand how/why people just stopped showing up.  Now I see the wisdom in that approach.  lol

(By the way, neither of these people would harm a fly, which is why I can now joke about their extreme response to being broken up with.)

2. thooghun profile image94

I've never been at the receiving end of that one. I guess there were no doubts it WAS me. Sad really.

Aww...Reality can be brutal sad   but least ya know where ya stand (or not)

3. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh yes!  I know that one!  Also the one where, they say, "I know we planned on spending this Sunday together, but can I take a rain-check?  There's something else I really need to do."  (right, like they're really saying: "I need to go rent a hotel room and drink champagne with your best friend, the floozy)

yikes!

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

"we both want different things" yeah I want monogamy and he dosen't
    big_smile

lol  lol

Oh silly me

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

"You're so out of my league!"

My answer: "I knew that when I agreed to go out with you in the first place."

lol

lol...I hear that!

6. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

How about this one.

"I think we just need to take a break from this relationship for now."

Translation:

This isn't working out for me, so I think we should see other people, but I'll keep you around as a backup boyfriend/girlfriend in case i can't find anyone else. 

lollol

..Hindsight is a wonderful thing

lol  lol baskets!

2. dianne143 profile image40
      dianne143posted 12 years agoin reply to this

ahahhaah you are funny Stevennix nice to see you here big_smile

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks Dianne. it's nice to see you too. smile

7. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

'Let's just be friends".......what's that supposed to mean? I've heard it but never experienced it, but I would like to know why a guy breaking a girl's heart in two would be asking her to be just friends.

1. Lisa HW profile image63

It's possible to care about someone but not feel the relationship is right or healthy.  It's possible to recognize that the relationship (even with someone we care very much about and like) isn't right, and hope to salvage the good part of it (which is the friendship).

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Yea it is quite a demotion from lovers to friends.
      I dont say be enemies but give me a break, if Im being rejected ,that doesnt seem like friendship to me.

Real friends don't have to explain their friendship-they both trust and feel safe with each other.

Better off saying nothing (IMO)

Time may be different.

8. 4tune profile image62
    4tuneposted 12 years ago

When I break up which was maybe 3 times in my life.. I say the truth, @sshole! You not for me and your NOTHING like you made out to be in the beginning..

Friends I can usually be easily after the break up, its usually them that wants more again even if they wanted the break up..

Some would have been better friends, god knows they treated the just friends better, but nope cant be just a friend with me...

Have one guy friend now and I hope we last a while until he hooks up with someone who wont let him talk to me anymore, lol!

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

..i like 'i need space'...i have to learn a new one lol...

10. profile image0
    janikonposted 12 years ago

"I honestly believe we were better people apart, I certainly liked you A LOT more from afar"

or

"Yes, I'm having another drink because suddenly, I hate the fact you've seen me naked"

or

"No, I don't think it's working and no I don't want to keep dating you - which is why I put your stuff in this box, please take the box away"

or my personal favourite

"I don't think we should see each other anymore, and no I don't want to be friends either"

... those are the ones I give. I've only ever got "I need space" or "I feel like you're avoiding me"

11. pajamazzon profile image61
    pajamazzonposted 12 years ago

" I think we should break-up, i don't want to drag you into my misery"

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or " I can't handle a job and relationship at the same time"

12. dianne143 profile image40
    dianne143posted 12 years ago

" I Fall out of love, I am sorry this is all we can be" and then  I walk out and never turn back smile

13. TJenkins602 profile image60
    TJenkins602posted 12 years ago

It's not you, it's... HIM!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)