Bachman Migrane

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (40 posts)
  1. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 12 years ago

Well the left media is at it again In their constant attempt to tear down Bachmann because they see her as a threat to Obama, not they are claiming she cannot be President because she gets a headache. PLEASE. Being a fellow Migrane sufferer for many years, you can tell when they are coming,called an aura. When you feel it, you just take medication. These medications do not debilitate the user.

Now Bachmann Adressed it, but the media continued and made up stories on the subject. Bachmann then produced her latest Haelth records and her Doc came forward stating everything is fine. But the Media continues. Well Bachmann has bee working since 1977 without a break between jobs. She has her kids and fostered 20 something others. Sorry I had 2 kids and had migranes. If she has handled her job as lawyer at IRS, Mn state rep. MN federal Rep. shr has proved her migranes are no problem. How about focusing on something important.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
      I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was actually fellow Republican candidate Tim Pawlenty who took the swipe at her yesterday after she produced a doctor's note saying her condition was manageable. He said "there's no real time off in that job".  Mitt Romney, who is trying hard to rise above the GOP circus, responded by saying Bachmann is perfectly capable of holding the position of President of the United States. Pawlenty later took back his earlier remark.

Pawlenty only brings up this issue to get his own name in the newspapers. He's polling at about 2% and it seems the more he campaigns the lower his numbers go. He's gone into desperation mode, where he's willing to attack any of his fellow GOP candidates for any reason in an attempt to leapfrog them in the polls. As boring as Pawlenty usually is, this could actually become entertaining.

American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

DB

THats true, he did take a swipe at her yesterday, but the story broke 3 days ago

2. American View profile image60

Stress-related condition ‘incapacitates’ Bachmann; heavy pill use alleged

Published: 10:38 PM 07/18/2011 | Updated: 9:21 AM 07/20/2011

By Jonathan Strong

Today is 7-21-2011

It was news 3 days ago. I don't expect the media to ignore it. Migraines have the potential to be debilitating if not managed properly. Some people questioned whether Bachmann ever missed a vote because of her condition. She avoided answering that. That's information some voters want to know.

Multiple former Bachmann staffers made the allegations about heavy pill use and severe migraine attacks that prevent her from doing work. That either means she really does have a problem or she pissed off people who used to work for her so much they decided to make up lies about her to the press. Either way, it's newsworthy when we're talking about someone making a serious run for president.

Well, you asked I deliver. Seem like she has no trouble showing up. Compare her to Obama.

In Q2 2009, Bachmann was with ailing family

Year Q-      Votes-      Missed-       Percent

2007-Q1    213    2    0.9%
            2007-Q2    393    5    1.3%
            2007-Q3    317    10    3.2%
            2007-Q4    263    3    1.1%
            2008-Q1    149    7    4.7%
            2008-Q2    321    1    0.3%
            2008-Q3    205    5    2.4%
            2008-Q4    15    0    0%
            2009-Q1    174    6    3.4%
            2009-Q2    303    95    31.4%

2009-Q3    268    2    0.7%
            2009-Q4    246    7    2.8%
            2010-Q1    195    5    2.6%
            2010-Q2    219    4    1.8%
            2010-Q3    151    11    7.3%
            2010-Q4    99    14    14.1%
            2011-Q1    212    1    0.5%
            2011-Q2    281    5    1.8%

Michele Bachmann missed 215 (5%) of 4,141 roll call votes(govtrack.us)

As opposed to Obama
            Barack Obama missed 314 (24%) of 1,300 roll call votes(govtrack.us)

Barack Obama has sponsored 121 bills since Jan 24, 2005 of which 115 haven't made it out of committee and 3 were successfully enacted. Obama has co-sponsored 506 bills during the same time period, none were enacted. Obama never authored 1 bill(govtrack.us)

Michelle authored 38 bills, 30 have become law(gavtrack.us)

1. Moderndayslave profile image61
              Moderndayslaveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great ,just what we need ,more laws from nit wits.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image63

Are we reading the same source? I assume you meant govtrack.us, and not gavtrack.us. Here's what govtrack.us had to say:

"Michele Bachmann has sponsored 38 bills since Jan 4, 2007 of which 38 haven't made it out of committee and none were successfully enacted."
              Source: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=412216

DB

Thats true, on sponsored, but you left out the bills she authored and the ones she co-sponsored.

Would you mind pointing me to the page for that data? I can't seem to find it.

DB,

I am sorry. I am tired of spoon feeding people when I give the source. No offence but I am tired of the same thing thread after thread. Just because people cannot admit a point. I am not saying it of you for we have not talked much here But I hope you understand. I promise you its there, why else would I give you the source. You have said nothing of any of the other facts so I guess they were found

2. Doug Hughes profile image60
                    Doug Hughesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A lie is a lie.

Hedging on a source is your first clue.

3. thebrucebeat profile image61
              thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Michele Bachmann has sponsored 38 bills since Jan 4, 2007 of which 38 haven't made it out of committee and none were successfully enacted. Bachmann has co-sponsored 513 bills during the same time period. (The count of enacted bills considers only bills actually sponsored by Bachmann and companion bills identified by CRS that were themselves enacted, but not if they were incorporated into other bills, as that information is not readily available.)"

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=412216

This is from your source.  This is how you cite a source.  It is very easy.

Do you think there is a difference between "authoring" a bill and "sponsoring" it?  Please describe the difference and where your source shows statistics regarding the "authoring" of bills.  If you do so, I will be happy to apologize here.  If you can't, I hope you will have the integrity to do the same.

BB
                I hope this clears it up for you. But I am sure I will not see an apology. There is always a come back and twist the facts or create something up, or like you did, just call names. I really don’t care.  I always show my source as is evident for you found the information from the source I referenced. Cannot lead a horse as they say

Author – The person who wrote the bill. This may or may not be a member of Congress
                Sponsor - The original member who introduces a bill. He or she may or may not be the author
                Co-Sponsor - A member or members that add his or her name formally in support of another members bill. In the House a member can become a co-sponsor of a bill at any point up to the time the last authorized committee considers it. In the Senate a member can become a co-sponsor of a bill anytime before the vote takes place on the bill. However, a co-sponsor is not required and therefore, not every bill has a co-sponsor or co-sponsors.(Source-Library of Congress)
                Here in HR 849, Bachmann is a sponsor with several others, not the author. There are 11 co-sponsors.
                HR 849 IH
                112th CONGRESS
                1st Session
                H. R. 849
                To provide for the repeal of the phase out of incandescent light bulbs unless the Comptroller General makes certain specific findings.
                IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
                March 1, 2011
                Mrs. BACHMANN (for herself, Mr. LAMBORN, Mr. PAUL, Mr. POE of Texas, and Mr. BROUN of Georgia) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce
                http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex … l=h112-849
                Here Bachmann is sponsor with several others but is not the author. There are 95 co-sponsors
                HR 1286 IH
                112th CONGRESS
                1st Session
                H. R. 1286
                To provide for fiscal accountability for new direct funding under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act by converting its direct funding into authorizations of appropriations and by rescinding unobligated direct funding.
                IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
                March 31, 2011
                Mrs. BACHMANN (for herself, Mr. KINGSTON, Mr. GOHMERT, Mr. HENSARLING, Mr. BROUN of Georgia, Mr. REHBERG, Mr. NEUGEBAUER, Mr. FRANKS of Arizona, Mr. GRAVES of Missouri, Mr. TIPTON, Mr. SCALISE, Mr. STUTZMAN, Mr. RIBBLE, Mr. DESJARLAIS, Mr. MANZULLO, Mr. PEARCE, Mr. LAMBORN, Mr. FLEMING, Mr. BENISHEK, Mr. FLORES, Mr. FORTENBERRY, Mr. CANSECO, Mr. HUIZENGA of Michigan, Mr. WALBERG, Mr. PENCE, Mr. DUNCAN of South Carolina, Mr. SOUTHERLAND, Mr. HARRIS, Mrs. HARTZLER, and Mr. SCHWEIKERT) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committees on Ways and Means and Education and the Workforce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned
                http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-1286

1. thebrucebeat profile image61

Fair enough.  I apologize.  Now please show your evidence that she has authored 38 bills of which 30 have become law, which was your assertion.. Strange coincidence that she also sponsored exactly 38 bills, too, none of which have become law.

1. thebrucebeat profile image61

And like Kaiser Soze...........

He was gone.

2. sam3m profile image61
      sam3mposted 12 years agoin reply to this

would the right wing of the gop please stop defending the pinwheel candidates and concentrate on promoting intelligent people who have a chance at being elected?  the gop is trying to derail bachmann's candidacy.  if you had watched msnbc commentators, they criticized pawlenty's criticism of her, not her.
      stop looking for things to criticize on the left.  support conservatives, vote for conservatives.  we need a party dedicated to the proposition that rich people don't have enough of our money.

3. Doug Hughes profile image60

The story here, from 3 days ago is on Tucker Carson''s blog. For those who don't follow the talking heads, TC is a conservative twirp who wears a bow tie. So just who are the 'liberals' involved?

http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/18/stres … e-alleged/

Well better late than never

American Viewposted 7 hours ago in reply to this

DB

THats true, he did take a swipe at her yesterday, but the story broke 3 days ago

replymore →

American Viewposted 7 hours ago in reply to this

Stress-related condition ‘incapacitates’ Bachmann; heavy pill use alleged

Published: 10:38 PM 07/18/2011 | Updated: 9:21 AM 07/20/2011

By Jonathan Strong

Today is 7-21-2011

1. Doug Hughes profile image60

The nose picking hound dog is out to deceive. The article by Jonathan Strong was posted at a CONSERVATIVE SITE.

So where's the evidence this was or is a liberal hit job?

Who said it was? Where did I ever say it was? I just pointed out where the story broke first, before Carlson did. You claimed thats whre the story came from, well it did not. He like the rest of the media just jump on and took the ride. No deception except from you, again

2. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 12 years ago

In this case, it would be wise to stop trying so hard to find something to be offended about and trace the story back far enough to find out relevant extenuating facts (like the fact that it was a fellow right-winger who made comments about her migraines to begin with).

I agree about focusing on something important. The media does this to everyone. Neither side is more or less picked on. Again, though, when you're looking through a certain frame, you only see what fits inside it.

ETA: Not intending to sound argumentative, snarky, whatever (darn textual communications...) - just noting that bias exists all over. I think the media in general is always pretty flattering to the current president, no matter who it is. The media outlets owned or largely supported by the opposing party does its best to highlight the missteps of the president...it's just a cycle..

Well Its hard to agree with that. Bush was executed everyday in all typed of left based media. The double standars is how far they bend over for obama. Funny, when Obama makes the same mistakes Bush did they play it down or say the Repubs are against the President, But when Bush had done it Holy Cow the earth stopped turning. They need to go back to old time journalism and be neutral. And even thought the Dems own major stocks in Media, I think all Congress should not be allowed to invest in anything. I see it as a conflict of interest or even as insider trading to a point.

It just needs to stop

1. RooBee profile image82
        RooBeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"old time journalism" was not neutral. Journalism, from it's very beginnings, has existed to perpetuate the rhetoric of the whoever/whatever funds it. Which things has Obama done the same as Bush and not been called out on, as you say?
        Also, I do remember a time when speaking out against Bush and his cronies (who were later shown to have LIED to the American people) was considered unpatriotic..do we really need to get in to a tit-for-tat of who was worse and who got the most flack for it??
        Um, "the Dems own major stock in media.." ?? Yeah, and no conservatives do.....

Roo,

Old time Journalism, walter Cronkite types. OK that was before your time but that is what I was talking about.

Speaking out against Bush was not being unpatriotic, But speaking out against Obama seams to be a crime. Thats my point, do for one, do for all. Equality. Seems I heard that somewhere before.

as for the stock, there was a report on it and it clearly showed the total dollars invested in media companies was larger for the Dems. Despite that, no congressmen should be invested in the media. Please do not put words in there that do not exist. I never said that conservatives are not invested, I only pointed out the Dems are larger investors. I have read your hubs and threads. I know you are better than that

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I think it's more the GOP sees her as an 'issue' in their hopes to front a viable candidate. She's not a threat to Obama.

RE,

In the last 2 polling sessions, 2 out of 3 poles had her ahead, but it is way inside the margin of error. I would imagine with the ebt issue getting larger, Obama will be in top in the next poll cycle

4. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Coool!

Now they need to keep it up relentlessly...get high-view public figures to talk about it....deride Bachmann...question her, don't believe her.....you know, like the Birthers did to Obama!!!

Make her out to be a liar, and unqualified for the position.
    Non stop. Day after day after day after day.

I'll volunteer to post 10 anti-Bachmann threads a day.

Pay-Back's-A-B, part 1.

5. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

"Speaking out against Bush was not being unpatriotic"

Oh yes it was! I personally was called an un-American Traitor more times than I care to remember.

Cindy Sheehan was demonized for wanting to know what her son died for.

And we were told "If you don't support the troops, feel free to stand in front of them."--it was a T-shirt, remember?

Now, all of a sudden....the very same people are horrendous to Obama and want out of the wars!!

That is why I am no longer anti-war...I cannot stand with people who used to treat me like vermin.

and---Just like you think it's an outrage what they are doing to Bachmann, but you forget what they have done to Obama for 3 and a half friggin years!

"Oh yes it was! I personally was called an un-American Traitor more times than I care to remember."

I think we all remember this happening, but some people just have selective memory. The patriotic fervor that swept the nation post-9/11 prevented almost everyone from daring to stand up against Bush. Anyone who said anything bad about Bush might as well have joined up with the Taliban. It was a disgraceful period in this country's history.

2. American View profile image60

I never said what they are doing to bachmann is an outrage, I just simply said the media is running wild with the story. CNN had a guy on talking about migranes and nothing he said was true. Thats the part I am talking about. They are making a big deal that she does not show up because of migranes. Earlier DB brought that up so I looked her voting record up. If I can find it then the media can also and they would have seen she shows up and there is no story.Then I compared her to Obama. This is what I am talking about. They get on Bachmann and she only missed 5% of her votes, Obama missed 25% and we heard nothing.

6. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 12 years ago

This discussion, like most of politics - left and right alike, is giving me a headache. wink

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)