What happened to my traffic?!

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 12 years ago

I've been thrilled since the subdomain change - both traffic and earnings have returned to pre-Panda levels until....

....I just checked my page views for the past 24 hours and it's half of what it was AT ITS WORST! A sea of blue arrows!

Anyone else seeing this happen to them? I'm a little freaked out...

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had better traffic before the Subdomain change.....I don't know what to do. I have been here six months and it's the first I'm having a hubscore fall below 60. I have 4 hubs, except for the one just published, below 50. Never happened to me before.

2. KeithTax profile image73
      KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My traffic dropped yesterday from around 3000 a day to 1500. A few high traffic hubs stopped showing up on page 1 search results, but are back again this morning. Traffic is climbing again.

I did some updating on hubs and thought that may be the reason for the decline. Sometimes efforts to increase traffic backfire.

Is your traffic down on a few hubs only or everything? Did you make recent changes to your high traffic hubs? Just curious.

Lily Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Weeeeell, out of my 300+ hubs, I really only have a few high traffic ones and the traffic drop does seem to be across the board and no, I have not made any changes - I've been pretty inactive as far as my hubs go for a few months now.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Keith, You are getting better traffic than I do. You are getting really really good traffic for how many hubs you have created!

3. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was hungry and made a traffic samich and washed it down with a cold glass full of your missing Adsense earnings, mmmm,...mmmmm.

LOL!!

2. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Mines dropped today at a point in the week where it normally rises, but internet traffic in the northern hemisphere does usually drop a bit in the summer holidays.

Maybe your missing traffic is playing with my missing traffic instead of reading hubs? smile

LOL! I know traffic suffers a bit in summer, but this is sudden just today and unusual based on what I have been seeing up to now...hoping it's a very temporary thing...

3. profile image0
    Ken R. Abellposted 12 years ago

My traffic is dismal. . .

Perhaps its an electronic glitch? :>)

I really don't know what's going on.

4. Lily Rose profile image86

I sure hope it's a glitch...subdomain change has been very good to me until now...

1. theherbivorehippi profile image66
      theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My traffic has been extremely high since last week (almost triple all weekend)...but today...it took a giant nose dive! This is scary considering Wednesday and Sundays are always my biggest days. Hope this is temporary. hmm

Same here - exactly - and a HUGE nosedive it is!!!!

Panda 2.3 - WHAT?!?  Please, not again!!

5. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 12 years ago

The Panda 2.3 update rolled out circa July 22-ish. (Some say a few days earlier, others later; when it "lands" seems to vary.)

6. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 12 years ago

Am still enjoying the boost up, i hope that doesnt happen to me, because when i say boost, it's pretty low, so if another thing should hit. "Oh no, it would be super low"

7. classicalgeek profile image81
    classicalgeekposted 12 years ago

I noticed my HP hits (from ads) were far below those reported by Adsense. HP shows 25 impressions, while Adsense shows 33. (That's about a quarter of my normal traffic but I'm assuming everyone is too hot to think about crafts and other stuff I write about.) I wonder what the discrepancy results from?

1. Doc Snow profile image86
      Doc Snowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Could be slideshow views--these appear to count towards Adsense views, though not always 1-to-1.  Perhaps more experienced/technically-aware Hubbers have a more precise idea.

8. Rik Ravado profile image88
    Rik Ravadoposted 12 years ago

Yes mine is down to pre subdomain switch values too - looks more like a weekend.  Disappointing as although I got some improvement in traffic when switching to subdomains, I didn't get the doubling of traffic that some people have reported.

9. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

My traffic is falling, too. Hopefully it is just a glitch.

10. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

I only just found out about this and agreed to my hubs going under a subdomain! I assume that HP knows what is doing!

1. profile image0
      Multimanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have seen only a modest increase up until today, I will look it over for a week and then begin to panic if it is down and stays down.

11. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 12 years ago

Well, to add to the anecdotal evidence I've had zero change in the past two days from my previous numbers after switching to the subdomains.    Soooooo, I guess I would describe myself as "optimistic"

12. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 12 years ago

BTW, for anyone who didn't start paying attention to search engines after this past February... there was yet another update to the Panda algorithm rolled out this week.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, at least for topics I search on frequently, it has not prevented dross from Yahoo Answers and About.com appearing in the top placements. I'm still having to go several pages deep into the search results to find useful information.

2. Lily Rose profile image86

I saw after I posted this thread that someone up above mentioned a Panda 2.3 roll out a few days ago....

I was part of the beta testers of the subdomain and have seen a vast improvement - almost back to pre-panda stats both with traffic and earnings and now all of a sudden my traffic is worse than the initial panda hit .... I know there's nothing I can do, but I feel a little panicked. 

Is there yet something else HP will have to change in order to respond to this??

13. leahlefler profile image95

My traffic is down just a little (a noticeable, but not panic-inducing amount). Panda 2.3 rolled out, so some of us will probably be pandalized again. Hopefully the good sub-domains will be fine.

14. BristolBoy profile image63
    BristolBoyposted 12 years ago

This is not effecting me at all and if anything my traffic is continuing to improve...

15. theherbivorehippi profile image66
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

OK...traffic is rising back up again. Maybe it was just a bad morning. hmm Yes, I am knocking on wood as I type this, I was scared the honeymoon period was over.

16. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 12 years ago

Well, my traffic has only gone up a little since the change to subdomains, and went up a bit more today.  But Panda is going to continue to be run, every few weeks as was mentioned in another thread earlier this week.

17. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Mine is actually up just before I'm thinking of switching to sub domains Monday, I know a lot of my popular hubs could be even better with sub domains..so I might give it a try

18. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

well mine is down today...this is a roller coaster ride for sure...

19. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 12 years ago

Interesting enough, i switched one of my accounts to the subdomain thing, just to compare, and traffic has been down then up, then down again.

However, my other account has been doing so well, almost back to pre panda in both traffic and earnings. And i haven't switched it over yet.

Makes me wonder, was there an improvement imminent anyway, with or without subdomains?

20. Lily Rose profile image86

Unfortunately, there's just no way to know.  I'm still waaaaaay down in traffic and a bit sad about it. I read that this latest Panda update was another in a series of updates to weed out the bed sites .... I don't feel I'm amongst the "bad" but I sure do feel weeded out for some reason...

21. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

My traffic was fine up until yesterday. This morning it is horrendous. Might be the least amount of views I've had, even during the first panda.

22. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

My traffic is down today, but it always dips on Fridays

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It does, but not this much.. lol.

Maybe I need to get rid of my really crappy hubs I leave up, or may the subdomain switch isn't effective after panda..

23. Eleanor's Words profile image94
    Eleanor's Wordsposted 12 years ago

Well, all I can say is that my traffic rose after the switch to subdomains, but this week it has certainly dipped - not quite as low as it was, but still enough to make me wonder. However, today it is up again, across the board - many hubs that did not used to get views have been doing much better since the change. today included.  Maybe it is too soon to worry smile

24. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I'm seeing a rise today. I did publish a new hub a couple of hours ago. However, even if I take away views for that hub, my total has gone up by about 12%. It's mainly due to one hub, slightly to another, the rest as ever are all languishing at 0-3 views.

25. leahlefler profile image95

My views are up again, too. Looks like I survived this dance with the Panda - the sub-domain switch is still working for me.

26. Doc Snow profile image86
    Doc Snowposted 12 years ago

Views seem better since doing the subdomain switch; they'd been declining fairly steadily for a couple of months.

Curiously, clicks and revenue didn't follow that decline, though you'd have to think that eventually they would have done so.

27. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

Here is the graph of my page views since I did the subdomain switch on the 19th of July.
    It's been almost two weeks now.

http://i.imgur.com/ftium.jpg

28. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 12 years ago

Why does About.com rank so high? There seems to be little useful information presented there - sort of a quick summary.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)