Is Everyone on "The Bachelorette" A Phony?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)
  1. thaivalentine profile image60
    thaivalentineposted 12 years ago

I watched "The Bachelorette" last night and my gut instinct leads me to believe that she is a phony.  The first red flag for me came when her sister Chrystie appeared on the show.   Apparently she has her own SEO business and she has also appeared on TLC for extreme couponing - she seemed like a total fame whore. 

Then there is Ashley, she is just finishing up dental school so what better way to jump start your practice than with a little publicity.  That scumbag Bentley also had a business and apparently appearing on the show washis way of drumming up business.  I also think last year's Bachelor owner of a bar in Texas.   Are they all phonies?

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not being American I've never watched The Bachelorette but when it comes to anyone who signs up to go on a reality show, there is probably a big discrepancy between what it says on the label and the actual contents of the tin lol

"Extreme couponing" - isn't that kind of an oxymoron? Like "dangerous Sudoku" perhaps.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Those extreme couponers buy thousands of dollars of products and pay maybe $1 smile But it's a full time job.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

It entertainment TV. To give off the idea of it having realistic nature is what appeals to those who actually watch it. lol

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Anyone who appears on a show that has a woman choose between men to "get married" to is a phony.

4. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 12 years ago

Lord knows, even in Real life, hard to spot phonies from real people any more. TV, no different.

5. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

there all genuine how dare your say anyone on tv is phoney!!!
    lol

6. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 12 years ago

Most of the people on the "no skills" reality shows (those that aren't about cooking or fashion design contests) are really just people trying to break into the entertainment industry. If Survivor were honest about what each contestant's job was it would say "aspiring actor" under their name. The whole "send us a tape and show us why you would be the ultimate survivor" audition process is a sham. People get on that show because they know people.

I actually knew a couple people who were on The Bachelorette's dirty cousin, A Shot At Love with Tila Tequila. They lied not only about their occupations, but even their hometowns. This was all done to cultivate a certain image of the contestant. If your character is supposed to be a thug, would it work better if you say you're from Beverly Hills or from Compton?

I would not be surprised to learn the producers of The Bachelorette pay the winning couple a bonus for each month they stay together after the show is over, up to a year or so, just to make the show look more valid than it is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)